TV dramas must stop justifying rape

genkers

sarNie Juvenile
We all know that Rape is wrong, I guess that there are people out there who can't identify the difference between acting and reality.
first of rukmo she/he can differentiate between reality and acting that wasn't the point of the article, in case u miss it the main point of the article was to have media stop using lines in drama that justify rape, and that he/she felt that it was wrong that those type of lakorn are the highest rating in the country and how that is like saying that the country is condoning rape(im not sayign that he is sayign that but that he saying its liek that). so in other word this article has nothing to do with difference between rape in lakorn and rape in reality but more with the fact that rape isn't something that should be use often in lakorn as a way to bring up ratings.

i totally agree with the writer of the article

and iluvjin i think its alot worse than killing a person in certain aspect its funny how in lakorn they don't show the traumatic experience the victim goes through which is what 80%(made up percentage not real sure how much it is really but i know its a high percentage) of real rape victim goes through.

genkers

sarNie Juvenile
Aww thanks for agreeing but seriously lol, if they do take the r scenes out or lessen it, and add more willing people will than complain about producers and directors making girls easy and delivering a message for young girls out there to be easy and willing to have sexual intercourse -_- nothing can really do it for Thailand :lol: but of course when they make girls willing, at least give it like there is love building upon the relationship beforehand, not go out and suddenly make them sleep with p'ek with no feelings, or just met in a pub, just don't be stupid lol.
Like WMK had a fair reason to have a willing, its not being easy, they loved each other and they were adults, had responsibility and know what is right or wrong. Just up to the directors/writer to use their skills and ability to deliver to the audience in the right way *sigh*
they don't have to rewrite it so that the girl is willing, they can rewrite it like lots of other romance drama or movie where the guy chases after the girl trying to win her love and in the end they get together, don't see how that will reflect a message that girls should be willing and easy to have intercourse

fun

Expired Sarnie
the difference between real life rape & lakorn rape is in lakorn pra'ek doesn't physically abuse the nang'ek. i haven't seen a lakorn where pra'ek punches, slaps or kicks the nang'ek. in real life, theres abuse and it's worst. in lakorn, pra'ek pretty much just force himself on the nang'ek & it's not like they are showing the actual rape itself. [good thing they don't because it will be too much.]
Pleng Payu! LMAO shouldn't be though.

sarN

sarNie Granny
Thai way of thinking is differ from us in the westernize . If there an "willing" scene ppl will be complain it send out a negative message to female and there will be an article stating " TV drama must stop justifying $ex ...." ..depending on type of the lakorn , love , family , war, revenge , ect . I think either way is a ground for debate . Since i can remember there had alway been R' scene and years later it still get viewer attention , ppl doesn't get bore with this kind of plot or something ^_^ we see that from the rating of JLR & SB . I don't know , i guess we have to wait and see how all this will be solve .

preawXXsornram

sarNie Fansubber
LOL. when someone mention that Kawee is psychotic for multiple rape, i broke out laughing! LOL. tat was funny. and yea, i thought multiple rape was too much...i dun mind the ones like rahut rissaya. cos it wasnt tat "graphic" and it was used in the plot later one

but if the nang ek actually sues pra'ek for rape, how will the story end? lol

but i cant agree on the willing part...even though how much you love each other, willing shldnt happen till AFTER marriage...i dunno, i think im super old-fashioned.lol

AmmatureKikyo

sarNie Adult
I do agree that raping is wrong and whoever does it should be punish for it..but in the otherhand, if movies/lakorns doesn't have violence, fighting, swearing, love scenes or raping, it wouldn't be a movie..come on, people wouldn't even watch it if it didn't have any of these in it...That's why it's call movies, lakorn, TV dramas becuz it's not reality..having atleast one of the theme that I've mentioned spice it up...

Also, it's not promoting u to go out and do it, it just depends on stupid people that have stupid/perverted thoughts...

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
well, ya know what this mean ? In 2009 , we going see more "willing" scene :wub:
hahaha omg.. i will be super surprised ..

the willing better be good than cheesy, or have some point to it. but how are we getting that in revenge lakorn? manipulation? :lol:

wait. i have a better idea. since i read noiki's post in SPICY that ch3 have no writer that's why there are lots of remake,
they can have sarN do the writing b/c of all the ingredients she provide. drop the r and more willing .. no s3x addict either :loool:

i could already see FALLEN RATING when it come to willing :p
yup agreed.. if its cheezy the viewers would be very disappointed ..

i don't think lakorn is ready to have
P"k seduce the N'k
and i alway thought that why R' scene was use since the ideal N'k is pure and innocent ! So , if 2009 is getting rid of all R' scene & kiss/slap then viewer will see no body contact ...no kisses ...no hugging ...nothing . It like watching boran lakorn without the magical power
omg sarn u crack me up lol..

i am going to save my answer. i have a feeling its going to be long if i start yapping.

anyways here goes sb and jlr bring contro to the thai entertainment. lmao. these two lakorns sure did make history!!!
hahaha its funnie how there's so many lakorns out there with "r" scenes too but its mainly focused on these 2 lakorns.. ive watched lakorns since young n there has always been "r" scenes but the audiences didnt mind.. because i happen to have seen jlr n have to say there was a "r" scene but it didnt matter .. n i also happen to be watchin sb atm too good storyline but the multiple "r" scene wasnt necessary .. but overall these 2 lakorns r good though ..

rape is wrong, everyone knows that. i do agree with the person who wrote this. but a lot of thai lakorns that i've seen have those r scenes...so its not only jam leuy ruk and sawan being. i think they were the highest rated lakorns of the year so the author targeted them but i think thats kinda wrong, he should look at other thai lakorns too...not only does JLR and SB have those scenes and plots. i won't say that i liked the rape scene in JLR because in the end i will still end up sayin' why HARIT? its not really necessary at all. SB, i've heard had a lot of rape scenes and its more intense...i have to admit....i think JLR fueled the fire and SB set it off for everyone, even editors of the bangkok post.
i feel like everyone else who thinks that the rape scenes in SB were just too much...for the first time watching a thai lakorn i felt very disturbed and yea, i ain't into r scenes anytime soon. SB killed it.
yea.. it did get disturbin.. n its so true.. jlr set the fuel n sb set the fire.. still 2 great lakorns though.. i luv'em ..

LOL. when someone mention that Kawee is psychotic for multiple rape, i broke out laughing! LOL. tat was funny. and yea, i thought multiple rape was too much...i dun mind the ones like rahut rissaya. cos it wasnt tat "graphic" and it was used in the plot later one

but if the nang ek actually sues pra'ek for rape, how will the story end? lol

but i cant agree on the willing part...even though how much you love each other, willing shldnt happen till AFTER marriage...i dunno, i think im super old-fashioned.lol
in rahut rissaya .. there was a "r" scene but it wasnt a big of deal.. i didnt mind.. because the story was good..

i do understand the writer but how come they never said anything in the years before.. until now when jlr n sb r big hits??

dhan9

sarNie Adult
Aww thanks for agreeing but seriously lol, if they do take the r scenes out or lessen it, and add more willing people will than complain about producers and directors making girls easy and delivering a message for young girls out there to be easy and willing to have sexual intercourse -_- nothing can really do it for Thailand :lol: but of course when they make girls willing, at least give it like there is love building upon the relationship beforehand, not go out and suddenly make them sleep with p'ek with no feelings, or just met in a pub, just don't be stupid lol.
Like WMK had a fair reason to have a willing, its not being easy, they loved each other and they were adults, had responsibility and know what is right or wrong. Just up to the directors/writer to use their skills and ability to deliver to the audience in the right way *sigh*
totally agree! you had just help me out on how i want to put in about the willing. that's the point i want to make. they must have really truely love each other over a period of time and have the responsibilies before having the willing, not in a day or two then have the willing lol!

Lene

sarNie Egg
i do have to agree. i feel that there is so many ways to develop on the characters and story rather than using R scenes. Many of us do know that in reality, if someone ever rapes you, the odds of you falling in love with the rapist is almost zero. So when i see thai dramas having rapes scenes and the characters eventually falls in love, it was just mind-boggling for me. Don't get me wrong, i LOVE and am OBSESSED with SB, but i must say that i was a little disgusted when i found out there were multiple rape scenes. the problem is that it's not just one drama having rape scenes in it, but many other dramas too. The media is very influential and it shapes many peoples' view as much as we hate to admit it. Which is why we often get cases of kids mimicking dangerous wrestling moves,etc.
But this is just my opinion. i am afterall pretty new to thai dramas and am a chinese myself. so ya. hehee.

metu

sarNie Egg
I'm also a westerner but i have nothing against r scenes in lakorns because they usually don't look like r scenes at all.
I must admit i was shocked when a saw my first lakorn with a r scene. It was in Leh ratree and i didn't even know there was one until she was pregnant. I was thinking to myself why did he have to do that but then i guess that happened because he was too jealous and now that i have watched quite a few lakorns with a r scene in it i can sum up that jealousy is usually the reason that it happens or the pra'ek doesn't know any other way tho show the na'ek how much he loves her. I'm sure many will say there are many other ways to shove love and that 'r' is brutal and all but it's not real, they are happy in the end and you know they will be (lakorns are usually like that).

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
oooo interesting article. erm i know a lot of people think dat most people should know da difference between reality and tv but a BIG percentage of the population has a IQ less than 100 so when they see dat nang'ek accepts pra'ek after being raped, they think it's ok. and unfortunately people are gettin dumber and dumber dats y deres so many warnings everywhere more than ever b4 now. and dats y violence has increased too. so we can't say dat people should know tv is make believe cause a huge part of the population can't distinguish da difference

genkers

sarNie Juvenile
most thai lakorn viewer are probably girls im like one of the few gusy i know that watches lakorn lol

Susie

sarNie Adult
I CONCUR!!! ruk tid lhob was a great lakorn& it didn't have a rapin scene. i totally agree that the storylines are gettin pretty old.

Angie

sarNie Hatchling
oooo interesting article. erm i know a lot of people think dat most people should know da difference between reality and tv but a BIG percentage of the population has a IQ less than 100 so when they see dat nang'ek accepts pra'ek after being raped, they think it's ok. and unfortunately people are gettin dumber and dumber dats y deres so many warnings everywhere more than ever b4 now. and dats y violence has increased too. so we can't say dat people should know tv is make believe cause a huge part of the population can't distinguish da difference
So true, I totally agree with you. People today are taking what they see on TV as an example of their everyday lives, not just kids, adults too. Not many people could distinguish reality from fantasy. Just look at the serial killers in the news, for examples. Where/how they get ideas to kill? A majority of them said from the movie's, tv's, and books and they think it's fun.

I agree with the author, R scenes in lakorn should stop. The director should start new, creative storyline instead of interjecting rapes in lakorn. It's just so random and repetitive in every lakorns.

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
I CONCUR!!! ruk tid lhob was a great lakorn& it didn't have a rapin scene. i totally agree that the storylines are gettin pretty old.
I agree. There are a lot of great lakorns without R scenes. Ruk Tid Lob is one of 'em. Plus my favorite. Nang Sao Pa Kee Riew :p

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
So true, I totally agree with you. People today are taking what they see on TV as an example of their everyday lives, not just kids, adults too. Not many people could distinguish reality from fantasy. Just look at the serial killers in the news, for examples. Where/how they get ideas to kill? A majority of them said from the movie's, tv's, and books and they think it's fun.

I agree with the author, R scenes in lakorn should stop. The director should start new, creative storyline instead of interjecting rapes in lakorn. It's just so random and repetitive in every lakorns.
KUDOS

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
This reminds me of a article I read in spicy about how teenage boys wanted to be a thai lakorn pra'ek because they get to do R scenes with HOt actresses like Aum and etc;