TV dramas must stop justifying rape

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Oh and one more thing it reminds me of a friends little sister who got pregnant by a guy at a very young age and he abused her but she stayed with him because she saw how in movies they woman accepted it. So it's the same thing with some American movies too.

It's not just Thai Lakorns that are influencing people it's entertainment in general....

I know plenty of young girls who want to imitate the lifestyle of for heaven have mercy I don't know why "Britney Spears"

So all in all it depends on the people and their own mindset. I admit that Rape scenes in lakorns are bad because they are justifying Rape with Love; At the same time people will be people so
we can't really decide what a person should believe or shouldn't believe for them. If they can't see the difference and make a choice on their own, but rather depend on events that happen in a movie, drama or whatever for advice then they are in need of mental and emotional help.

Myself, There are many things I see in Movies not nessacarily Thai ones but Movies and Drama's all types that I would not follow. Like In a drama I see how people react so cowardly when they are in a tough situation, when in reality there are ways of getting away from it.

For example:

The other day I was almost robbed cause I was driving down a horrible neighborhood cause I had to
pick up my husband cause he didn't take the car to work and then out of no where this car comes up behind me and another in front of me both trapping me in the middle if I would have swerved to the other lane they would have hit me from the back causing me to be in serious danger so what I did was calm down and thought about swervering over the curb because they wouldn't expect that and also i was honking my horn so in case another car pass by they would know something is wrong. I started dialing 911 when a car came by and started honking so the car in front took off followed by the car in back.... The sad thing is after I told my husband about this he thought about getting me a gun =/ which isn't my solution to any problem. Also on our way back home we saw along the highway exit on the same street a woman and her car was open and cops with her so she was indeed robbed -.- and they suspect it to be the same guys that were after me.

In a movie or drama of course you'd see the person flipping out probably even stop the car and try to run out and run away...

See the difference? If I were on of those types who take the example of lakorns I would have done just that hit the car or stop and take off ...90 percent of things in movies and drama's are false... so I think people have to be able to distinguish the difference and use their mind even if you know something is wrong there is no excuse for following in something you believe is wrong it's being hyprocritical I don't know if many will understand exactly what I'm trying to say LOL, but I tried to express my point of view.

I've always been uncomfortable with the subject of rape, because i've been in the situation but manage to get myself out and it makes me sweat and have flashbacks when I see rape scenes especially Sawan Biang 08 no offense to fans. That was sickening to me. I get excited sometimes for the occasional R scene but it's still uncomfortable at points. Sawan Biang that was just to much for me. I actually stopped watching it after I realized how many R scenes was in it -.- cause it made me feel weird... because I mean in real life what if that person isn't your pra'ek?

In a real situation you would have to remind yourself that you are not in a lakorn and someone might or might not come save you so you have to save yourself first. Exactly my state of mind when these things were happening to me. I had no idea that person was going to drive by and honk scaring those guys away so I had to think rationally and decide what I was going to do 1 run over the curb 2 call 911 and stall 3 hit them and risk serious injuries on top of being robbed after I hit them....

The attempt rape from the person my conclusion was finding the right oppurtunity to hit the person in the nuts. They are done for once you hit them with plenty of force there. Which is what you don't see in movies and lakorns. The guys balls are his vital spot if most of those nang ek and stuff hit their attempted assailant there I guarantee you would have enough time to escape -.- In a lakorn or movie I see that when a girl hits their attacker or attempted attacker their the attacker is down for a minute at most, but not true at all. You hit them with enough force they are guaranteed to be down for at least 5-10 minutes. If you hit it hard enough in the right enough poistion and spot they can actually die from it.

*Note I'm not sharing my experiences for sympathy or anything I am sharing them to voice my point of views and how I am able to tell the difference between a lakorn and real life situation.

cecilia

Staff member
^tina, you have such funny story .. but glad, you're okay, ppl just need to be in control of what they take. Don't blame it on influence. Your life depend on which road you take.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
what you mean funny? almost being robbed and raped is funny? LOL I'm just kidding :p LOL I know what you mean. Yeah I made up my own mind and decisions when I was in that situation just like what people should do instead of remembering "oh I saw this in the lakorn maybe I should do that." why the heck would you base your life on a lakorn? or decision making on a lakorn? Honestly people who waste their time arguing the difference between these things are making situations worst. Why? Because the more you bring up the issue the more you open the doors to something that weren't seen before and the more those subjects are a target of the teen race... I'm not saying that they shouldn't try to stop what they believe in, but at the same time they should use more logical methods...

For example.... In dallas a drug called "Cheese" is common amongst teenagers... Well they have boards and commercials about it all the time even heroine and crack... so my little sister age 5 saw these commercials and sign and ask me "what is it?" it alarmed me because my little sisters shouldn't know what they are...I know I have to tell her someday that drugs are bad, but for the time being she is still a kid.. she doesn't need to know what those drugs are .. so them placing it in every commercial break and bulletin and billboard is exposing her to it more and more.... My little sister whose 16 see it all the time and she actually said, "they are so against it I wonder what it's like, but I won't be stupid to try it." I know she knows how stupid drug is but just the fact that she said "I wonder" Is what scares me...

So see how publicity can be overexposing something to much?

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
wow KhoOnxNouxWanxJai ur stories :eek: but if erybody thought like u and knows not to follow lakorns and movies and all dat then we'd be fine. but like i said b4 dat just aint da case. too many people out dere can't tell da difference. for real i'm not playin bout what i said b4 a lot of people have a IQ less than 100. it's shocking huh? when i say a lot i mean almost half da population. i aint talkin bout just thailand either. we can call them dumb and all dat for not knowing dat what's on tv is fake but they can't help it. film makers aren't aware dat their audience is like dat. i think they should take da time to do some research and be more aware but hey it's all bout money and ratings right? sad

v2vnok

sarNie Egg
thats why I stop watching sawan bieng too. the rape scene was just too much. I always wonder why thai lakorn made rape seem like it was okay because really it was out of love. I'm glad someone finally brought it up.

nina07

sarNie Adult
what?? R scenes are the best part..especially in SB...hehe..well its not really the best part..but it makes the lakorn more entertaining to watch..especially when the p'ek is like drop dead gorgeous [coughs,coughs KEN] :loool:

sarN

sarNie Granny
honestly, i know it bad but im use to watching it in lakorn so it doesn't bother me as much . Matter of fact , i think it spice up the storyline but there are ppl with fragile heart & lot of people with IQ less than 100 , so the writer have to consider them too . It crazy , i know its bad but i secretly enjoy it to some extent :p ..its like a forbidden fruit , you know it contain poison but you crave for it and the kids shouldn't crave for it cuz they are young and have a future , so leave it for an old head like me to bit it to the grave. ..wat im blahing about ? ..sorry ..i write to many fiction :lol:

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
honestly, i know it bad but im use to watching it in lakorn so it doesn't bother me as much . Matter of fact , i think it spice up the storyline but there are ppl with fragile heart & lot of people with IQ less than 100 , so the writer have to consider them too . It crazy , i know its bad but i secretly enjoy it to some extent :p ..its like a forbidden fruit , you know it contain poison but you crave for it and the kids shouldn't crave for it cuz they are young and have a future , so leave it for an old head like me to bit it to the grave. ..wat im blahing about ? ..sorry ..i write to many fiction :lol:
Thank you, sarN. You found the right words that I've been searching for!

sarN

sarNie Granny
in time of seriously intense moment , i do love the light humor of it all . Ya sarines rock. :lol:

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
hahaha agree with u too sarn xp lol.. haaha :loool: u crack me up hahaha .. luv ur fics.. keep them coming .. n i luv u lotes.. whoohooo..xp..

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
LOL whats so funny about stoning people? you know being stoned hurts -.- LOL; and tazord? I promise my friend I wouldn't touch a tazor again -.- LOL due to some mysterious circumstances but I do carry one around cause my husband makes me pepper spray too... now he wants me to carry a gun which is a no no for me.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I too carry pepper spray. I recently bought one, but I realized that I could have made my own pepper spray. Use a little bit of Asian hot peppers and habeneros and pound it up with some salt. I think the attacker would be begging for mercy.

cecilia

Staff member
all these self defense weapon talks are hilarious ...

i suppose, i have a better iq than 100 that's why i can can distinguish what's fantasy and what's not. LOl