[Ch5] Koom Nang Kruan (Exact)

Faythele

sarNie Egg
Mahalo said:
Really? I find a man of high status very attractive. Lol. If he's handsome too, that's even better.
Lol I like man with high status with a handsome looks too but it won't be the reason why I'm in love with him. I don't that matters to Yordlah either. He's not the first high status man that her parents introduced her too. But she didn't feel the same for those men.

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
Yeah, I feel like Yordlah didn't fall for Thripope just because of his looks and high status ... there has to be another aspect.
Anyways, I love how we're looking so deeply into this lakorn :) 

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Haha. I'm just looking back at when she first met Luang Thep at the waterfall. She wasn't too pleased at first because she thought he was just some pervert, but after she found out about him being the reputable Luang Thep, the son of her family's close friends, her eyes lit up in awe. I think the lyrics he gave her sealed the deal. Lol. If a guy wrote a girl a poem, she'd be blushing and getting butterflies. But he wrote her a SONG. He just better be in love with her to write a whole song. Lol 

SonYukView4ever

♥OFFICIAL MARK PRIN STALKER♥
do u guys remember that scene where luang thep slaps daralai because she was bugging yodlah, holding her tight and wouldn't let go? luang thep just slaps daralai and that made me wonder if he was under yodlah's love spell still? i don't remember anymore. that scene got me angry for luang thep lol I don't appreciate guys slapping girls.

so if he was under yodlah's spell, i would understand why he slap her but if he wasn't then why?? because he loves daralai why slap her, you know?

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
Mahalo said:
Haha. I'm just looking back at when she first met Luang Thep at the waterfall. She wasn't too pleased at first because she thought he was just some pervert, but after she found out about him being the reputable Luang Thep, the son of her family's close friends, her eyes lit up in awe. I think the lyrics he gave her sealed the deal. Lol. If a guy wrote a girl a poem, she'd be blushing and getting butterflies. But he wrote her a SONG. He just better be in love with her to write a whole song. Lol 

I should go back to rewatch that scene XD But yeah, if he doesn't love her, why did he write her a song!? I'm so confused, haha.
DaisyDukes* said:
do u guys remember that scene where luang thep slaps daralai because she was bugging yodlah, holding her tight and wouldn't let go? luang thep just slaps daralai and that made me wonder if he was under yodlah's love spell still? i don't remember anymore. that scene got me angry for luang thep lol I don't appreciate guys slapping girls.

so if he was under yodlah's spell, i would understand why he slap her but if he wasn't then why?? because he loves daralai why slap her, you know?

I believe he was under the spell ... but thinking about it now, I'm not too sure.
Agreed, guys slapping girls is a big no-no. I mean, I'm okay with all those forced kisses but hitting is nada, Lol.

Faythele

sarNie Egg
huajaikaungtur said:

I should go back to rewatch that scene XD But yeah, if he doesn't love her, why did he write her a song!? I'm so confused, haha.

I believe he was under the spell ... but thinking about it now, I'm not too sure.
Agreed, guys slapping girls is a big no-no. I mean, I'm okay with all those forced kisses but hitting is nada, Lol.
He was under Yordlah's spell. It was after that Dararai asked the priest to help her undo the spell. It was only after that he went back to normal because before that he was so obsessed with Yordlah that he ignored everything and everyone.

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
DaisyDukes* said:
Marina, u cheater! Lol who's the new hot guy on ur display picture?!?!?! Lol.

LOLOL, girl, I couldn't resist.  :bhehe: 
I still love Toomtam but I love my new guy, Phet, too. He's Phet Thakrit. Cute, eh? ;)

Faythele said:
He was under Yordlah's spell. It was after that Dararai asked the priest to help her undo the spell. It was only after that he went back to normal because before that he was so obsessed with Yordlah that he ignored everything and everyone.

Thank you so much for clarifying. I feel relieved knowing he was under a spell and not just slapping Mo for the heck of it, hehe. :)

Faythele

sarNie Egg
So Yordlah did mistaken Luang Thepp's lyrics as a love confession. ReasonaDar a rat's ption. I mean how dumb & stupid the guy has to be to give a girl a love song if he doesn't like her?

This might be nothing. I'm just thinking, could the reason Thripope still remember the song is because of Dararai & not Yordlah? Someone did mention that the songs are about stars, and that's related to Dararai's name.

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
Nanciie said:
How's the rating for this drama? I think I haven't seen anyone posting it....

I wonder what are the ratings are, too. :eek: I don't think anyone posted it up yet.
beamsgirl said:
What are the lyrics to the song?

Lenlin posted the lyrics to this song a couple pages back so big thank you to Lenlin :D !!
lenlin said:
post: http://asianfuse.net/discuzz/topic/57970-ch5-koom-nang-kruan-exact/page-29#entry992814

The lyrics go something like:

Her heart is like the stars in the sky
At times there is evidence of it everywhere
[But] once the moon disappears, it's gone
Leaving me in despair as I search for my star
It's so painful to have to conceal my love
Oh heart, I feel so cold and empty
How long must I wait for my dear star
To return to shine brightly in my heart again?

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
Faythele said:
I don't think that sister love will save Yordlah's soul. Thripope's love might be able to save her, but I don't think he loves her in the way she wants him to. I think he really cared about Yordlah in the past and if he didn't meet Dararai again, I think he can be happy with Yordlah. But he did meet her in the past & again in the present. How will Yordlah handle the fact that her Luang Thepp is interested in her sister again in this lifetime? Will she once again think that Dararai cast a spell on him again?

More than the sisters's versions, I want to see Luang Thepp's version. How does he really feel about these 2 girls? Did he lead Yordlah on without revealing his real feelings to her? Or did he made his feelings clear & Yordlah was just too stubborn to accept it? There has to be a reason why she think that Luang Thepp is in love with her.
I have a hard time believing that Tripope's love will save her - unless you mean Tripope as Tripope loving Yordlah and not Luang Thep. If that's the case, that's an angle I never considered.

However, the reason I don't believe that finding out the truth of who Luang Thep really loved will save Yordlah is because, based on the assumption that the one he loved is Dararai, finding out will only seem like betrayal to Yordlah, and Yordlah's already furious because she thinks everyone turned on her: her sister, her father, Luang Thep's family. Finding out that Luang Thep really loved Dararai could only make it worse. There's a chance finding out might make Yordlah wake up and realize that she's spent two centuries fighting for a man who didn't want her and she'll just...give up, but given that so far, she's blamed everyone for her bad life, it's equally possible that she might chalk up the misunderstanding (stupid Luang Thep) to him deceiving and betraying her. Which was why I initially thought (before I started the lakorn), that it would be the bond between the sisters that saves her because deep down I'm sure she still loves Dararai and that despite everything, Dararai loves her, and when Yordlah realizes that her sister didn't technically betray her, she'll remember the love and the feeling of being loved and repent, which will save her from eternal damnation. Now I'm not so sure since they've downplayed the sister's bond so far. At the moment, I can't imagine what would bring Yordlah back to the good side.

Faythele said:
So Yordlah did mistaken Luang Thepp's lyrics as a love confession. ReasonaDar a rat's ption. I mean how dumb & stupid the guy has to be to give a girl a love song if he doesn't like her?

This might be nothing. I'm just thinking, could the reason Thripope still remember the song is because of Dararai & not Yordlah? Someone did mention that the songs are about stars, and that's related to Dararai's name.
It's also significant that Pimdao remembers and hears the song when Pinky plays it, not just Tripope. I don't know if Mo made a mistake, but since the scene "passed," I can only assume that either they didn't notice her gaff or she said it correctly and it's supposed to be a clue because in episode 8, when she heard the song, Dao woke up and cried, "It's the Duang Dao song!" Up to this point, everyone has called that song "Duang Jai." Dao is the only one who has called it "Duang Dao." (On an off note, Thai netizens are confused as to the title of the song - is it Duang Jai or Duang Dao - because apparently it's being called both in the script.)

Anyway, I have a correction to make. I translated the song based on the lyrics posted on Manager Online, but when I went back and listened to the song, they just didn't match up, so I re-translated it based on the words sung in the lakorn.

Disclaimer: I'm not fluent in Northern Thai dialect, so I may be slightly off.

Tonight whose beauty is so radiant and priceless like a star?
She's so bright and high like the moon
I want to tell her she's beautiful, that she's my heart/my dearest
Oh heart! This heart of mine recalls every little detail
I've given her my love and devotion
I hope to spend my life with her
When I dream, all I see are stars
They're scattered across the sky
Its image will never fade from my heart

It sounds so much more romantic and more like a confession. No wonder Pinky loves it so much. And seriously, Luang Thep's gotta take the cake for being the biggest idiot.

w3irdg3m

sarNie Hatchling
Thanks lenlin for your translations. Your thoughts are always appreciated. I haven't been able to watch this with subs so i only scan through the raws looking for mo and toomtam's interactions. Thank goodness we will get more info into their past lives next week.

Faythele

sarNie Egg
Agreed, Luang Thepp is big idiot. I blame the love triangle on him. No wonder he felt guilty. I'm happy that we're going to see Mo's version next week. Just hope that it's a true version and not the manipulated version by Pinky's magic.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Wow this story is moving very slowly. We're going to be in episode 10 already and we're just finally going to see Dararai's side.

Amelie3

sarNie Egg
lenlin said:
I have a hard time believing that Tripope's love will save her - unless you mean Tripope as Tripope loving Yordlah and not Luang Thep. If that's the case, that's an angle I never considered.

However, the reason I don't believe that finding out the truth of who Luang Thep really loved will save Yordlah is because, based on the assumption that the one he loved is Dararai, finding out will only seem like betrayal to Yordlah, and Yordlah's already furious because she thinks everyone turned on her: her sister, her father, Luang Thep's family. Finding out that Luang Thep really loved Dararai could only make it worse. There's a chance finding out might make Yordlah wake up and realize that she's spent two centuries fighting for a man who didn't want her and she'll just...give up, but given that so far, she's blamed everyone for her bad life, it's equally possible that she might chalk up the misunderstanding (stupid Luang Thep) to him deceiving and betraying her. Which was why I initially thought (before I started the lakorn), that it would be the bond between the sisters that saves her because deep down I'm sure she still loves Dararai and that despite everything, Dararai loves her, and when Yordlah realizes that her sister didn't technically betray her, she'll remember the love and the feeling of being loved and repent, which will save her from eternal damnation. Now I'm not so sure since they've downplayed the sister's bond so far. At the moment, I can't imagine what would bring Yordlah back to the good side.

It's also significant that Pimdao remembers and hears the song when Pinky plays it, not just Tripope. I don't know if Mo made a mistake, but since the scene "passed," I can only assume that either they didn't notice her gaff or she said it correctly and it's supposed to be a clue because in episode 8, when she heard the song, Dao woke up and cried, "It's the Duang Dao song!" Up to this point, everyone has called that song "Duang Jai." Dao is the only one who has called it "Duang Dao." (On an off note, Thai netizens are confused as to the title of the song - is it Duang Jai or Duang Dao - because apparently it's being called both in the script.)

Anyway, I have a correction to make. I translated the song based on the lyrics posted on Manager Online, but when I went back and listened to the song, they just didn't match up, so I re-translated it based on the words sung in the lakorn.

Disclaimer: I'm not fluent in Northern Thai dialect, so I may be slightly off.

Tonight whose beauty is so radiant and priceless like a star?
She's so bright and high like the moon
I want to tell her she's beautiful, that she's my heart/my dearest
Oh heart! This heart of mine recalls every little detail
I've given her my love and devotion
I hope to spend my life with her
When I dream, all I see are stars
They're scattered across the sky
Its image will never fade from my heart

It sounds so much more romantic and more like a confession. No wonder Pinky loves it so much. And seriously, Luang Thep's gotta take the cake for being the biggest idiot.

Oh, thank you SO much for sharing this translation and your thoughts! Is there maybe a way you can join our subbing team on Viki.com (http://www.viki.com/tv/21812c-koom-nang-kruan-nang-kruan-village)? We are in such a big need of help for subbing and our followers will be even more anxiously waiting for subs when Mo's side is being told. Please! *puppylook*  All clips are already segmented (timed) and we only need fellow fans who fill in the subs while rewatching it. Even a subbed line here and there will be a big step forward! :cheer:

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
Thank you so much Lenlin for your translations & input on the lakorn :) 

phatman said:
Wow this story is moving very slowly. We're going to be in episode 10 already and we're just finally going to see Dararai's side.

I so agree with you. This lakorn is moving a bit too slow for me -.-" Nonetheless, I'm enjoying it. I just hope the pace picks up a bit.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
huajaikaungtur said:
Thank you so much Lenlin for your translations & input on the lakorn :) 

I so agree with you. This lakorn is moving a bit too slow for me -.-" Nonetheless, I'm enjoying it. I just hope the pace picks up a bit.
Yes, I hope it picks up! I wonder how many episodes they're going to give us...?

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
The witch doctor looks very similar to Johnny Afone... does anyone think so? he can pass as Johnny's brother or son...