❤️[CH3] King Kasalong (No problem): Yaya Urassaya/ James Ma

Misskwm

sarNie Egg
yeah James is being outshadowed by Yaya, he needs a breakthrough lakorn! this lakorn is alright, not bad not great. I was confused a little until I read more about it here that the ghost is actually the good twin. this is kinda like Janie and toey's lakorn where pra'ek loved a different girl in the past but then ended up with someone else in the present, kinda twisted.

kluen cheewit is still Yaya's best lakorn by far and mark is still her best man!
Agree! Kluen Cheewit I became a fan. Of her! Great chemistry! OTHR than that never really watched her other lakorns

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
Yaya is doing superb in this series. So is James Ma. This is the first time I'm watching a lakorn from him and I really like him. He just has not found the right nang'ek or storyline to show his true talent. He's another Pope in the making! lol I think he has a lot of potential. If Yaya outshines him, its because her characters are most complex, so that makes sense. I am interested in see if Kasalong will be reincarnated...It means Primpri has a duplicate? LOL

meenia

sarNie Adult
Really i love James Ma from Ka Pedin.. or something like that with Matt. They were so perfect in the lakorn. I haven't seen this lakorn and only saw the trailer. I might give it a pass. The trailer didn't catch my attention even though i adore both James and Yaya.

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
James Ma isn't getting that much love in Thailand too. KKSL is all about Yaya. She's getting the most feedback and praises... feedback for James is only from his fans who want to support him lol. They even complain that he doesn't appear much. Go read around... I don't know why people say Yaya or Nadech hold back when they act with eachother and/or with other people. You can like other pairings more and not like their acting, to each their own but to claim they don't give 100% to their roles together or separately is not a fact. They've always done well together and with other actors. Only in AF people say this, that "...they hold back.." In Thailand, Nadech is said to have general chemistry with everyone. James Ma isn't known to have good acting. He must be holding back in all 8 lakorns he's been in with all 6 different nang aeks.
But can't the feedback for Yaya be from her fans trying to support her too? Yaya's popularity compared to James Ma is way bigger, so i could see why there would be more praises for her. Plus it's also her character. I love JMa but he could work on his acting.

pinky3

sarNie Adult
I gotta agreed to what Mel say , I adored James but I can’t seem to finished his drama . The only one I finished was kabadin, the script and story line was good . To be honest I stuck with this drama cuz of ya and all her 4 characters, especially Songpeep ,she make me laugh eventho she is mean as hell but she is the highlight to this drama for me . Lol.
I wasn’t a fan of pop but I think he act better than James , I have a feeling he might make lead someday. As for James , he is a hard worker , maybe in time with right script etc and experience he will be good but as of now he isn’t . lol
James say that he is like that to pimpy cuz he only cares for himself lol

m3lhouse

sarNie Adult
James is probably the nicest guy in the industry coz everyone always starts off with, James is so nice, before they start to criticize him ahhahaha but you can't help but point out how bad he is in acting lol No one watched the perd kong? The actor who played the dad in here said of Yaya's talent, the hype is real. For James, he said, James continues to improve hahahah that doesn't sound like this actor believes James is nailing this basic role. either :risas3: Everyone works hard but no one has to take that into account when you're talking abou the final product. This storyline is wack lol I would never watch this if Yaya wasn't in it + the challenges with the 4 characters. I've been spoiled with the whole storyline and it's not something I would stick around for it's a frustrating storyline and I dont' think the payoff is good, or the lack of pay off to be exact. I'm only watching to see Yaya portray all of her characters. She's hilarious as Songpip and the sweetest as Kasalong... but so far all 4 eps are repetitive, kinda boring... people are getting annoyed at how dumb Mor Sup is lol

Ka Badin is a great example of good scripts saving bad acting. While good acting can never make a horrible script happen. Watch it... see how great James was in it lol He's a damn mess the first 6 episodes if you survive up to ep 6 but after that I will guarantee it'll be one of the best lakorns you'll ever watch ahahhahaha it's a very satisfying lakorn. Good storyline, good cast save James but he got better towards the end lol If James's acting was better, I think it would've had more viewers. A lot of people left coz they couldn't stand his ass lol

Pop is a better actor than James and just a good actor in general lol He outshined him too in his lakorn with Kim. He also had more chemistry with Kim. I wish Pop was slightly better looking coz I would root for him to be a lead. Anne made him look good but he's not in here lol

bit

sarNie Adult
This lakorn is not setting the ratings on fire is it?

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
This lakorn is not setting the ratings on fire is it?
It’s not really keeping up the higher ratings that Kimmy and Mario’s lakorn had and that Kong Karm had. It’s just eh. Not too bad but not good. Most of ch3’s ratings this year have been in the threes.

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
@m3lhouse that’s a good way to think about it, i don’t doubt Yaya’s acting and yes Jma do have a lot of fans, i love him but i feel he just suits roles like the nice and quiet p’ek. Haven’t watch KB but wanted to because of him

ntsparta

sarNie Egg
It’s not really keeping up the higher ratings that Kimmy and Mario’s lakorn had and that Kong Karm had. It’s just eh. Not too bad but not good. Most of ch3’s ratings this year have been in the threes.
Kimmy and Mario's lakorn didnot get high rating as KKSL (see below). I was so surprised because I heard so much buzz for that one. But I guess you got the viewership rating of the Urban area, which sometimes higher than that of the Rural area.

If you compare the nationwide rating, Thong Eak's highest rated episode is episode 1 which managed to score 3.4 only.

Rating.JPG

Rating 2.JPG

Kong Karm picked up quite quickly from ep 3.
KKSL has just started, so we can't say for now if it can do better. I like Yaya, but I think she overacted Song Peep a bit. If she toned it down a bit, that would be better.

So far, I enjoy this lakorn (mostly because Yaya is so pretty, even as the hateful Song Peep, and though she plays 4 different persons, you still don't think it's the same Yaya), However, I'm quite disappointed with the struggle, action scenes.

*Spoilers alert - Stop here if you haven't watched ep 1

For example, the rape scene at the begining is not very convincing. When the guy was strangled, you can see the ribbon wrapped very loosely around his neck. If I was the director, I would ask for a retake. Secondly, in ep 4. when the two main guys fought each other to climb the palm tree for Song Peep, the fighting was really fake.

I haven't seen any of James' work before. I think he does ok in this one, but his character is quite boring, so there's not much he can do about it. I agree that Pop is pulling my attention more than James. JM looks cute in still images, but in action, sometimes his eyes look very weird and it's a distraction.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Kimmy and Mario's lakorn didnot get high rating as KKSL (see below). I was so surprised because I heard so much buzz for that one. But I guess you got the viewership rating of the Urban area, which sometimes higher than that of the Rural area.

If you compare the nationwide rating, Thong Eak's highest rated episode is episode 1 which managed to score 3.4 only.

View attachment 36600

View attachment 36601

KKSL has just started, so we can't say for now if it can do better. I like Yaya, but I think she overacted Song Peep a bit. If she toned it down a bit, that would be better.

So far, I enjoy this lakorn (mostly because Yaya is so pretty, even as the hateful Song Peep, and though she plays 4 different persons, you still don't think it's the same Yaya), However, I'm quite disappointed with the struggle, action scenes.

For example, the rape scene at the begining is not very convincing. When the guy was strangled, you can see the ribbon wrapped very loosely around his neck. If I was the director, I would ask for a retake. Secondly, in ep 4. when the two main guys fought each other to climb the palm tree for Song Peep, the fighting was really fake.

I haven't seen any of James' work before. I think he does ok in this one, but his character is quite boring, so there's not much he can do about it. I agree that Pop is pulling my attention more than James. JM looks cute in still images, but in action, sometimes his eyes look very weird and it's a distraction.
That is not the original ratings for Kimmy and Mario’s lakorn. That’s the rerun ratings.
These are the ratings for when the lakorn first aired http://instagr.am/p/BvQirBmhAx_/ Agree about the overacting based on the first two episodes I’ve seen so far. Not too bad but definitely a little over the top.

m3lhouse

sarNie Adult

View attachment 36600

View attachment 36601

You're sharing TA's evening re-run ratings. The original run has higher ratings lol it's the highest rated lakorn of the year lol

When your ratings fluctuate, it tells that the lakorn isn't that enjoyable yet. KKSL went up and down, means people still aren't that engaged. For KKSL, it's true why it's flucutuating. The last 2-3 episodes were not that good. It's just dragging and there's really nothing that great about what's been shown that's why people left... just interesting to see Yaya's acting but storyline wise it's stupid lol But it's early it still has a chance to pick up. First 4-6 episodes are crucial to see the direction of the ratings but if this lakorn has a high amount of episodes the low ratings early on isn't that significant. This storyline is also niche. Unless you're a fan of the leads, people don't flock to this type of storyline they'll only watch it if the buzz is high enough to make them curoius. It can be a grower in ratings but if it really sucks in execution then it's not gonna do much in ratings. I wouldn't knock these ratings until maybe after 6 episodes and see how the next two does... but average wise fluctuating is not a good sign.