Various Kpop News

rae

sarNie Adult
y

gg

yg is a company not an individual in this case. if yang hyuk suk was directly related to this case then by now there would have been news about it. i think the people involved are way bigger than yg and the entertainment industry. probably alot of spoilt rich kids and business elites so seungri has no choice. they will probably buy his silence and i am sure it wont be cheap.
Oh for sure, apparently there are also the sons of high level officials, hence why at first the police tried to bury the case. It didn't work though since more and more gruesome details were leaked out, and the whole thing became bigger and bigger.

What was happening in the VVIP rooms?
Underage prostitutes, the filming of snuff films, having doctors on-site to make sure the girls don't die during torture, and many more crazy things that are beyond evil tbqh.

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Ji Chang Wook has been discharged from the military!
:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:
& He has already chosen a new drama. Which will air sometime later this year.

I can't wait! Actually, all his fans waited for 2 years lol

p.s. Lee Min Ho was also discharged last week.

x0unerthanlater

Just announced:

Winners of PD X 101 will have a 5 yr contract. The first 2.5 yrs, they will promote as a group. The last 2.5 yrs they'll be a promotional group and will be able to participate in their own respective groups.

This is a decent contract and is very beneficial to the debut group. It's basically being able to promote in 2 groups at once. Having that 5 yrs is a whole career for an idol.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Just announced:

Winners of PD X 101 will have a 5 yr contract. The first 2.5 yrs, they will promote as a group. The last 2.5 yrs they'll be a promotional group and will be able to participate in their own respective groups.

This is a decent contract and is very beneficial to the debut group. It's basically being able to promote in 2 groups at once. Having that 5 yrs is a whole career for an idol.
Let’s hope this group doesn’t flop. I feel like the reason why all the Produce groups have done so good so far is because of how short their time as a group is. Their fans know they’re only there for a short time so they go all out of the group and buy everything they release. With this long contact, I think the aspect of the group will not be good as the rest of the other groups so far but who knows.

x0unerthanlater

Let’s hope this group doesn’t flop. I feel like the reason why all the Produce groups have done so good so far is because of how short their time as a group is. Their fans know they’re only there for a short time so they go all out of the group and buy everything they release. With this long contact, I think the aspect of the group will not be good as the rest of the other groups so far but who knows.
It's definitely riskier because the span is longer.
I do believe this years trainee have lots of potential. Most of them have a huge fanbase already.

I'm holding out on watch ep1 cuz I know it'll be mostly introductions. Do you have any faves yet?

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
It's definitely riskier because the span is longer.
I do believe this years trainee have lots of potential. Most of them have a huge fanbase already.

I'm holding out on watch ep1 cuz I know it'll be mostly introductions. Do you have any faves yet?
Hmm mostly I’m watching it for Peak. He’s my pick so far. Another trainee names Park Yuri caught my eye but once I researched him, I guess he’s racist and has been disrespectful to his seniors before so that sucks :(

Last edited:

x0unerthanlater

Hmm mostly I’m watching it for Peak. He’s my pick so far. Another trainee names Park Yuri caught my eye but once I researched him, I guess he’s racist and hasn’t been disrespectful to his seniors before so that sucks :(
I'm rooting for a few, including Peak too.

Every season for all the PD101 always has a trainee or two w/a dark past. It sucks but at least you didn't invest too much feelings in him yet.

rae

sarNie Adult
Wow, Yoochun might get the book thrown at him this time around for taking drugs, apparently there's a good chance he'll get 15 years of jail time. Rumor has it he was banging his head against the wall in custody after hearing about it. Guess he's completely finished now that he doesn't have a well-connected fiancee to get him scot-free from his charges.

Meanwhile his brother Yoohwan has announced that he will be live-streaming everyday to give updates on Yoochun in a show of support or something. :rolleyes:

x0unerthanlater

Doesn't seem like Yoochan is mentally stable.

I didn't follow him as an idol but I really liked him in his drama with Eun Hye called, I Miss You.

The things that drugs will do to you... dang shame.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
I’m so mad! Peak has gotten literally like 1 minute of screentime combined from the two episodes of Produce X 101 so far! Mnet is being so biased but I’m not surprised. It’s obvious which trainees they are trying to push. They should tone down their favoritism :mad:

x0unerthanlater

I’m so mad! Peak has gotten literally like 1 minute of screentime combined from the two episodes of Produce X 101 so far! Mnet is being so biased but I’m not surprised. It’s obvious which trainees they are trying to push. They should tone down their favoritism :mad:
Evil editing at it's finest.
It looks like they want Esteem (SM), JELLYFISH AND STARSHIP entertainment trainees to get most screentime.

So far none of my faves got any screentime...

rae

sarNie Adult
Taking drugs can get you that many years in jail?
Well he has other stuff tacked on top of taking drugs, like buying drugs, trying to get rid of evidence, not fully cooperating with the investigation etc.

~
This shouldn't come as a surprise, but a judge has denied an arrest warrant for Seungri and others related to the Burning Sun case. Also the police will be concluding the case as well. All the Korean dramas and movies about how powerful the rich are and how corrupt the system is has got nothing on what's happening in reality. I'm thoroughly disgusted by how everything's been handled, no wonder Seungri himself said that the South Korean legal system is a pile of poop, it really is.

x0unerthanlater

Well he has other stuff tacked on top of taking drugs, like buying drugs, trying to get rid of evidence, not fully cooperating with the investigation etc.

~
This shouldn't come as a surprise, but a judge has denied an arrest warrant for Seungri and others related to the Burning Sun case. Also the police will be concluding the case as well. All the Korean dramas and movies about how powerful the rich are and how corrupt the system is has got nothing on what's happening in reality. I'm thoroughly disgusted by how everything's been handled, no wonder Seungri himself said that the South Korean legal system is a pile of poop, it really is.

Not very surprised. I read the article earlier...
JJY and the handful of idols/singers already took the fall. They were caught red handed and have quietly exited.
Meanwhile, it's going to take a whole lot more than circumstantial evidence to bring down Seungri and his cohorts. It's disgusting that laws allow ppl to find loopholes and squirm their way out of consequences for their crimes. He'll never be able to show his face onscreen as a celebrity again though. So that's something... but there are still a lot of his fans that are supporting him and are celebrating his "freedom".

Reactions: rae

rae

sarNie Adult
Not very surprised. I read the article earlier...
JJY and the handful of idols/singers already took the fall. They were caught red handed and have quietly exited.
Meanwhile, it's going to take a whole lot more than circumstantial evidence to bring down Seungri and his cohorts. It's disgusting that laws allow ppl to find loopholes and squirm their way out of consequences for their crimes. He'll never be able to show his face onscreen as a celebrity again though. So that's something... but there are still a lot of his fans that are supporting him and are celebrating his "freedom".
There were talks that the police helped him destroy evidence. With how corrupt they are, I think nothing will happen even with the smoking gun. Anyway, life is good for Seungri, he's already been photographed at the gym all smirking and happy.

JJY and Yoochun and the others took the fall because they don't have the connections to protect them. Also they were used to divert attention from the burning sun case.

x0unerthanlater

There were talks that the police helped him destroy evidence. With how corrupt they are, I think nothing will happen even with the smoking gun. Anyway, life is good for Seungri, he's already been photographed at the gym all smirking and happy.

JJY and Yoochun and the others took the fall because they don't have the connections to protect them. Also they were used to divert attention from the burning sun case.
They really want to shut down this case asap. It'll be gone with the wind and months from now no one will even talk about it. Feel sorry for those victims that just found out about their videos etc... and how many more women/ppl were dragged through the mud.

I saw those pics of him at the gym and some ppl were even saying, "is it wrong to go to the gym?" No, it's not. But the scumbag could've at least laid low for some time. Ugh. Ppl.

Reactions: rae