GOONG season 2!!

xxGREENxx

sarNie Adult
OMG!!! i can't not wait for this drama love se7en, but i have a feeling that this movie is not going to be as good as the first one though
anyways but i'm still going to watch it because se7en is in there

lil_babe

sarNie Hatchling
uuumm i don't know about Goong right now....there are some news say Se7en will be starring in Goong S with a whole new different storyline and there are some news say there will be Goong 2 continue with the same storyline. i think there is a little problem going on with Goong...i seem a couple news about filming Goong 2 and Goong S but i never had the chance to read them all and now i a bit confuse....well anywase here are some news i found...

translations by xbunnylicious

News on Nov. 24, 2006

Goong's production comany Eight Peaks revealed that the sequel to Goong has been the center of attention for many. The question is will Yoon Eun Hye, Joo Ji Hoon, and Kim Jung Hoon return to film Goong 2?

On the 24th the chairman of Eight Peaks said, "If we were to film Goong 2, it is of course appropriate to have Yoon Eun Hye and Kim Jung Hoon to star in it. I have already received many requests from faithful fans to keep the original cast. They have been continuously writing and calling us to express their thoughts. We definately understand their feelings. It could be a possibility that Yoon Eun Hye and Kim Jung Hoon will star in Goong 2, but we do not have a concrete plan yet. There has been a bit of contradicting problems for Goong S. Once we solve this problem, we will start our filming plans."

He also revealed, "I had already discussed with Group Eight about Goong 2. We had an oral agreement to not film this with Group Eight but with another company. During the conference on the 10th we requested Group Eight to cancel the name Goong so they had no choice but to change it to Goong S. If Group Eight is still using the name Goong, then we will have no choice but solve this according to the laws."

On the 24th, Eight Peaks revealed, "It is illegal for Group Eight to use the trademark 'Goong' as their own to carry on outside propaganda. This act will cost my company to have a massive loss. It will also interrupt our plans of filming the real Goong 2. We had plans to sign with Taiwan for the usage of the mangas. But once Taiwan heard about the Goong 2 news, the contract was immediately destroyed."

credit to Cecilia from Soompi

(1) The first shooting of Goong S took place on the morning of 24th November. The scenes that were shot inclded Lee Hoo delivering Jajangmyun as well as some test scenes. The basic filming will start next week. They intended to start shooting on the 20th but considering that they werent really prepared, they postponed the date to the 24th.

(2) As stated earlier, there have been some legal issues with the current production company of Goong S, Group 8 and the previous production company of Goong, Eight Peaks. Recently Group 8 announced the name change to Goong S, due to legal issues, and also because of the different storyline.

However Eight Peaks says that even though they changed the name, they still have the name Goong in the name of the drama, and even use words such as "Spin off" and "Special" when talking about Goong S, relating it back to the original drama.

Eight Peaks state that they've had plans to do an actual season 2 of the original Goong from about 2 months ago and even had investors from taiwan interested but with the release of the news of Goong S, these investors turned away straight away. Although there is no confirmation, Eight peaks intend to get Yoon eun hye and Kim Jung Hoon, the original stars of Goong, to star in the sequel, which is scheduled for broadcast at the end of 2007 or the beginning of 2008. Eight peaks says they will solve this current problem and go straight into the planning of the series. At the moment they want Group 8 to change the name and publicly apologise. If Group 8 persists with what they are doing, Eight peaks claim that they will request for a ban and sue.

On the other hand, Group 8 says that as far as they know, there are no problems with them using the name Goong S legally. The contents of the 2 dramas are totally different and they have also received an ok from the creator of the original comic. Although the background is similar in that they are set in the palace, for eg hwangjini and ju mong , there are other dramas/movies which deal with the same contents , use similar names and just because there's the word "Goong" in the name, it doesnt mean there should be a problem...

Joo Ji Hoon & Song Ji Hyo : Not accepting Goong Season 2 performance proposal??

After the announcement of Eight Peaks' (production company of the popular series "Goong") plan of filiming "Goong Season 2", a lot of attention has been drawn to the question of whether the principal actor/actress of "Goong" will perfom in this 2nd season.

Jeong In Yean on behalf EightPeaks has commented that they have tentatively scheduled for the principal actors in the "Goong Season 1" to continue performing their original role in season 2 :"We have plan for all the major actors in the second season performances. Moreover, as both Yoon Eun Hye and Kim Jeong Hoon are under EightPeaks' flag, there shouldn't be a problem for them performing in Goong 2. "

In "Goong Season 1", both Yoon Eun Hye and Kim Jeong Hoon respective role as Shin Chae-gyung and Lee Yul have gained wide popularity. But that alone is not enough, many fans will still like to see Joo Ji Hoon & Song Ji Hyo performance in Goong Season 2 too.

But on the 24th Nov, Joo Ji Hoon management company has commented: "After the broadcast of Goong, we have rejected the performance in the 2nd season. And our stance still remain unchange."

Song Ji Hyo management company officials said :"We did not receive any invitation from Goong production company (EightPeaks) to perform the second season."

After the broadcast of the" Goong ", Joo Ji Hoon has gain popularity to endorse in many CF. And Song Ji Hyo has also gain a major role as Madam Yhe in MBC "The Book of Three Han".

According to the EightPeak, Goong 2 will air in late 2007 or early 2008. Thus, there are still sufficient time and opportunity for both Ju Ji Hoon and Song Ji Hyo to accept the performance proposal in season 2.

Thus, with all these, we expect great attention drawn to the court battle between "Goong" original production co (Eight Peak) & the production co of MBC "Goong S" (Group Eight).

Se7en fears to stop filming first series due to lawsuits

News on Nov. 25, 2006

South Korean dancer and singer Se7en became a leading actor for the first time in the series “Goong S”. Currently he is being accused by the production company of the popular series “Goong”, Eight Peaks, of plagiarism of their work. In addition, the title “Goong” is used unauthorised and lead to confusion towards the audience. They requested the court to issue a prohibition order for the filming and the broadcast later on.

A board member of Eight Peaks Choi Gye Young pointed out that it was actually the company Group Eight that produces “Goong S”. It turns out that Group Eight was established in May this year by workers who were fired from Eight Peaks. Therefore they don’t have the right to produce any works related to “Goong”.

Choi Gye Young added: “Recently, Group Eight have changed the series’ title from “Goong 2” to “Goong S”. However, they still promote their series as a sequel and a special edition of “Goong”. Yet that is actually illegal and plagiarism. Without our agreement, they have used the title “Goong”. In reality, they are stealing!”

He also said angrily that Group Eight have disappointed them and more importantly, they have affected the production of “Goong 2”. He explained: “The appearance of this pirated version of “Goong 2” (he is talking about “Goong S”) also blew up the contract negotiations for the broadcast of “Goong 2” in the other Asian regions. Group Eight exploited the “Goong” trademark to obtain many benefits. In order to avoid such losses again, we already went to court and requested to stop the production of “Goong S”.”

Yoon Eun Hye and Ju Ji Hoon for the original “Goong 2”
Because of this matter, Eight Peaks revealed that they have been planning to film “Goong 2”. Many media and viewers immediately asked them whether the two leads Yoon Eun Hye and Ju Ji Hoon will act in it. Yesterday Choi Gye Young said: “If “Goong 2” will indeed be produced, then the former leads Yoon Eun Hye and Ju Ji Hoon should certainly continue their roles. Although we understand very well what the fans want, we first have to resolve this dispute with Group Eight properly. Only then will we carry out our plans for “Goong 2”.”

Group Eight didn’t care much about Eight Peaks’ indictment. Yesterday they continued filming scenes with Se7en. They weren’t frightened at all that the broadcast will be forbidden.

CREDIT: asianfanatics.net/soompi.com/sina.com

Ha...i found this replie from my other forum...hope this will clear up the confusion and understand what is going on right now.

Just for the confused's sake

1. EIGHT PEAKS - Original production company of Princess hours
GROUP EIGHT - the breakaway group (those fired from eight peaks)
-->> the name adopted by the new production co. is enough to confuse us

2. GOONG S - the one that stars Se7en HAS NOTHING TO DO with the story of Princess hours. Storyline is soooooooooo different from princess hours. The only thing they have in common is the name "Goong" & the story that revolves around royalty.

actually this is why there is going to be a lawsuit. it is quite obvious that this GOONG S production is (as one member said) riding on the success of princess hours/Goong. Even if the name was changed to Goong S and they say so that to distinguish this from the original, everybody could still connect it to the original Goong. from a legal point of view, this is Copyright infringement (not plagiarism).

so poor se7en, the original production MIGHT have a winning case and they can get a restraining order for the showing. He should have just chosen a different role since this role is proving to be troublesome right from the beginning.

This post has been edited by francesca: Nov 25 2006

credit to asianfanatics

teedee

sarNie Oldmaid
That sucks! i want Park shin-hye to play as the main leading actress. what the hell they don't let her play as the main actress?!! the other girl isn't even as cute as her.i can't imagine her playing an evil character. she looks too innocent. i still have pictures of her being all innocent & pitiful in Stairway to Heaven and Tree of Heaven. i wanna cried. why she even accept this role. it's bad reputation for her. i think Goong season 1 will be better than season 2. original is always better. i want to watch Park shin-hye because she's my favorite actress but i can't bare to see her play as a bad character. oh i wish she would play a new drama with Lee wan again. i love them from Tree of Heaven and they were so cute in Stairway to Heaven. i'm so disappointed with the casting of Goong season 2.

shana pakim

sarNie Adult
I TOTALLY WOULD LOVE IT BETTER IF PARK SHIN HYE PLAY THE LEAD ACTESS WITH SE7EN...CAUSE I THINK THAT SHE WOULD BE A BETTER MATCH FOR SE7EN THAN THE OTHER GIRL...THE OTHER GIRL IS PRETTY TOO BUT I STILL WANT PARK SHIN HYE TO PALY THE LEAD...

sugar

เฟริสค่ะ
All this legal issue is too confusing, hopefully it ends soon and doesn't impact the release of the drama.

natty

Chubs
that's what they get for trying to ride on another's fame.. retards..

galygal

sarNie Egg
huh?! will doesn't that means that if
joo ji hoon and yoo eun hye and they accept
filming goong 2 then se7en can be cut out of the
part then...well..to me thats kin of harsh cause
se7en is doing his best at filming the prince in goong S..
if joo ji hoon, yoo eun hye and song ji hyo on't want to do
it then just let it be cause the new cast is doing their best right
now...(i'm getting kid of annoying of the first cast cause they can't make up their mind!!)

aznxceres

sarNie Egg
ekK!!! i can't wait for this to come oUT!!
mauahha hope this will be as good as the 1st goong!!
ah!! i love se7en!!!! ^_____^

untinnu

sarNie Adult
yes!!!! it's good that they'll be Goong 2 but they also doing Goong S..can't wait to see se7en!!!!

i just saw the preview to Goong S and Se7en is sooooooooo cute in those clothes..but then again..when is ever not cute? ah!! he's so cute with is smile and the way he looked so lost when the servants were bowing to him..soooooooooo cute! i'm more interested in Goong S than Goong 2 now..

madalia3

sarNie Hatchling
ahhhhhhhhhhhh omfg it sounds so godd i cant wait to see it omfg SE7EN is in it that's the best part of the movie hehehehe.....omfg i cant wait omfg.........i wanna see it so bad now............

kuteepreciouz

sarNie Egg
i'd like to still see the same cast from the previous one but i'm still looking forward to viewing goong2. hopefully it won't be a disappointment. can't wait to view it.

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
wow...seriously...this is stupid....it's not even like a second part.....EVERYONE'S NAME IS DIFFERENT!!!!! it's hardly a sequel....if you can even call it that......not meaning to diss the director or anyone else, but this drama should really NOT be a part 2.......

i'm overly excited Se7en is in here as the main guy!! yea!!! but iono about kim tae hee.....i think park shin hye should be the main girl....in my opinion, she can cry her eyes out......

iono who the other guy is....he looks kinda distorted to me.....

Kim Jung Hoo accepted, i think they should've kept him in the plot just to make it interesting....ya know??? plus, he's a hottie!! hahaha....too bad....i bet he liked playing that role too!!

Kristie

Yunho's GF~*
I just watch the 1st part of the 1st episode with eng sub
SE7EN is sooooo cute in there !! ^______^

I dun have time to watch now will watch the rest later =)

untinnu

sarNie Adult
wow...seriously...this is stupid....it's not even like a second part.....EVERYONE'S NAME IS DIFFERENT!!!!! it's hardly a sequel....if you can even call it that......not meaning to diss the director or anyone else, but this drama should really NOT be a part 2.......
it's not part 2..Goong S is a different drama..and as for Goong 2, it hasn't aired yet, not even sure if they shoot it yet..

pylhlub

sarNie Juvenile
dang it must b hella good cux da first 1 was hella good..............i luv da first 1.............so season 2 better b good................ :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: ..................

cassiopeia

sarNie Egg
Goong S already release 2 episodes lol. I wonder who's the leading actress with se7en? is the maid or the rich girl? I think Goong (original) is better, but this one is ok. I can't wait til the goong 2 came out. I don't really like the leading actress in this one though, she's not that beautiful.
anyway, surprisingly, noona and the officer is in this one too

oh, i love se7en's ringtone lol.. so funny.

"Oppa, did you order ...."

i wonder if they have subs for episode 2 yet? anyone know?