[Ch3] Kluen Cheevit (Lakorn Thai) Mark Prin/Yaya Urassaya

bun-bun

sarNie Adult
HE DID!!! I WENT TO REPEAT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AT HIGH VOLUME.

AWW Sathit you sneaky... you chose that moment when Jee is fragile and need someone to hold on to. Of course, I (assuming ALL OF US) will fall deeply in love with you, you handsome gorgeous man!

Kit_exol

sarNie Hatchling
HE DID!!! I WENT TO REPEAT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AT HIGH VOLUME.

AWW Sathit you sneaky... you chose that moment when Jee is fragile and need someone to hold on to. Of course, I (assuming ALL OF US) will fall deeply in love with you, you handsome gorgeous man!
When!??? Ep 11 part 7 right !?
I didn't hear Thit saying like that!?? >_< I repeat several times!? Did he said while they hugged (before he goes back)!? Cuz I only hear " I promise " like P"sonya"!?!

bun-bun

sarNie Adult
When!??? Ep 11 part 7 right !?
I didn't hear Thit saying like that!?? >_< I repeat several times!? Did he said while they hugged (before he goes back)!? Cuz I only hear " I promise " like P"sonya"!?!
Yup in part 7. Right before he left the house, he hugged her,

At first he said "khun" will come back,
Then "p" sanya...

I am not wrong, am I? Coz I've been jumping up and down like a clown in love.

reydevan

sarNie Juvenile
What does P mean? I hear that alot. Means you are addressing someone more senior? I realised over 10 yrs that thais end their sentences with ka. What does that mean?

During the hugging scene at Jee's house....

DID THIT SAY...

"P SANYA?"

DID HE USED THE WORD P? DID HE? DID HE?

I WAS SHOCKED THAT I EVEN MAX THE VOLUME. HE DID, DID HE?

I hope I wasn't hearing things.

Kit_exol

sarNie Hatchling
Yup in part 7. Right before he left the house, he hugged her,

At first he said "khun" will come back,
Then "p" sanya...

I am not wrong, am I? Coz I've been jumping up and down like a clown in love.

Hmmm! I'm repeating right now , like 5times already and I don't dare to write or say (true or false)!m, since I can't Thai ! I'm not sure , hope someone who speaks Thai can give us a clear answer! >_<

Kit_exol

sarNie Hatchling
What does P mean? I hear that alot. Means you are addressing someone more senior? I realised over 10 yrs that thais end their sentences with ka. What does that mean?
They use P for someone who is older than them! Like Yaya called Margie for P'Margie since she is older than her!
Ka is a polite way to end the sentence!?!
Like Thank you ka , rest well ka !?!

bun-bun

sarNie Adult
Hmmm. I don't know if I can explain this well, but I'll try.

P is used among siblings. Like if you watch Korean dramas, they have hyung, oppa, unnie and noona. But for Thai, everyone is called P if you are and older siblings/cousins.

But, P is also used among none siblings, provided the person you are addressing P is older than you. It means you are close to that person that you don't have to address that person in formal.

P sounds warmer/closer than "khun".

I am not Thai, I am Malaysian. So basically in culture wise in this aspect we are somewhat the same.

chaitra

sarNie Adult
I may be wrong.... but

Khun is used to address a person formally.

P is used to address a person who is elder but also closer (like Jane calls Sathit, P'thit)
Nong is used to address a person who is younger.

I also notice Sathit said P

All you hear from Jee is Khun Sathit this Khun Sathit that.... So now that they feel closer Jee can call him P'thit. But Sathit :risas3:self promoted him and said that P sanya (P promises to come back to you)

bun-bun

sarNie Adult
Hmmm! I'm repeating right now , like 5times already and I don't dare to write or say (true or false)!m, since I can't Thai ! I'm not sure , hope someone who speaks Thai can give us a clear answer! >_<
Awww why can't you hear it? Huhuhu...
But yeah I hope someone can second me or correct me.

Because if what I was hearing is correct it will be my best Thit's moment.

twister02

M♥K
From what I know, P is used to addressed someone who is older/senior than you. It is also used to like the equivalent of "oppa" in korean term.
Ka is used by female speakers as a polite courtesy. The equivalent of this to the male speaker is krab/kap.

bun-bun

sarNie Adult
I may be wrong.... but

Khun is used to address a person formally.

P is used to address a person who is elder but also closer (like Jane calls Sathit, P'thit)
Nong is used to address a person who is younger.

I also notice Sathit said P

All you hear from Jee is Khun Sathit this Khun Sathit that.... So now that they feel closer Jee can call him P'thit. But Sathit :risas3:self promoted him and said that P sanya (P promises to come back to you)
You did notice! Great!!!

bun-bun

sarNie Adult
From what I know, P is used to addressed someone who is older/senior than you. It is also used to like the equivalent of "oppa" in korean terms.
Ka is used by female speakers as a polite courtesy. The equivalent of this to the male speaker is krab/kap.
Aaah... I always get confuse between ka and krap. Thanks for that.

twister02

M♥K
It's a big deal if someone calls you P. I remembered in NNS, Neung forced Pum to addressed him as P instead of using Khun. It's like a validation that you're getting close now.

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
The way they look at one another is SWOON. It's not cheesy at all.

The soft way he says "Jee" is soooo sweet and tender. I think Yaya has so much charm that it is easy to play off of her emotions and energy. It works vice versa.

@bun-bun I think he says, "P or Pom sunyia"

Last edited:

cecilia

Staff member
During the hugging scene at Jee's house....

DID THIT SAY...

"P SANYA?"

DID HE USED THE WORD P? DID HE? DID HE?

I WAS SHOCKED THAT I EVEN MAX THE VOLUME. HE DID, DID HE?

I hope I wasn't hearing things.
No, he said 'pom' ... on the plus side -- He genuinely SMILED in front of her for the first time (unless I missed it lol)

Ka is for female and kra is for male.

p' is used to address someone older or someone who you respect (who are somewhat close to you).

Khun is the formal way of address anyone --- like Mr/Miss/Mrs.

Thun is used for higher social status figure/noble people.

Read from Thairat that this was their hardest acting scene ever! I'm sure ... can't wait to see the result tomorrow lol

Last edited:

allicho

sarNie Oldmaid
From what I know, P is used to addressed someone who is older/senior than you. It is also used to like the equivalent of "oppa" in korean term.
"ka" or "kup" could also mean "yes". If you notice when someone ask a question or offer something (e.g - food or drink), the recipient will replied "ka" if female or sometimes she'll say a "thank you" and ending it politely " Koup Khun Ka".

well at least that's how I understood it. I don't believe I ever heard another word for "yes" except "ka" or "kup". Maybe someone Thai can explain. :)

twister02

M♥K
"ka" or "kup" could also mean "yes". If you notice when someone ask a question or offer something (e.g - food or drink), the recipient will replied "ka" if female or sometimes she'll say a "thank you" and ending it politely " Koup Khun Ka".

well at least that's how I understood it. I don't believe I ever heard another word for "yes" except "ka" or "kup". Maybe someone Thai can explain. :)
Chai also means yes but you are correct, Ka (female) and krap (male) is also used as an affirmative.
Mai also means no or used in a question.

I'm not Thai also and I can't read and speak it but that's what I notice also from watching lakorns.