❤️ [CH3] Kong Karm (Act Art) : Bella Ranee / James Jirayu / Phet Thakrit / Mai Charoenpura

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
This is probably one of the best 'cheewit' type lakorns that I've ever watched. 'Cheewit' lakorns are a good respite from all the romance lakorns that consist of the same formulas. I like this lakorn for it's lack of romance and full fledged focus on just normal everyday human beings.

The characters: all of the characters here are deeply flawed, maybe except for Asa, Tong, and their father. Yoi is a complex and well rounded character. I don't hate her character at all, she has a legitimate reason for doing most of she does, minus the murder but in a messed up way you can understand her motives. She is spiteful towards Reynu because she loves her son, she works hard for her sons to give them the best life and it is difficult for even the most understanding mothers to immediately accept having a prostitute as a daughter in-law, regardless of what their personality is like. She took the prostitute's home because she wasn't getting paid, it is all business and there was really no incentive to go lax for a random family that owed her money. Everything Yoi does is from the goodness of her heart in regards to her children. She is simply just being a mother, she makes many wrong decisions but she isn't doing it out of some need for control or power, she does it for her children. I was surprised that they turned her character around so fast, I was expecting to see her being mean for over half of the lakorn. I enjoyed watching her relationship grow with Reynu and I'm glad that she came to genuinely love her regardless of any witchcraft involved. When Yoi is kind, she is kind from the bottom of her heart. Mai did an exceptional job in this role and she made Yoi a real human being.

Reynu a unique n'ek. She is a victim of circumstances, she came from a scandalous past, she is very vulnerable emotionally, but she has no qualms when it come to fighting back or standing up for what she believes in. She is not entirely a good person nor is she even bad. She's just a person who wants to find true happiness and she means no harm to anyone really. She may turn to black magic but at the end of the day she's a naturally kind person who gives everyone her all. She doesn't depend completely on black magic, she works hard to earn a living and earn the affection from those around her simply by being earnest. I love how fiercely protective she is for those she cares about as seen during Junta's wedding to Jinnakorn.

Chai is so weak, loving Reynu but too afraid to leave Orn because she threatened chaos is dumb. He got his karma in the end but I wished he got more though.

I was really rooting for Tong and Philai in the end and their last conversation at the docks gave me hope but sadly Tong is vulnerable to physical intimacy like other men and succumbed to Bunplu. As selfish as Philai was, she wasn't entirely the stereotypical villain. At least she wasn't planning murder on those around her and the only harm she did to Yoi was steal. Pear was great here, she's so good at making me annoyed but at the end I still kind of felt bad for her.

The acting was really good here, even Richie did her role well, which is shocking because she was dead, dead, dead in Koo Gum. Yiwa's acting is fine but she has such a dead look in her eyes.

For a 19 episode lakorn, this didn't feel too long. Everyone had their story told in detail and wrapped up nicely. Though I feel like the flashbacks were longer and longer each episode and this could have easily been an 18 episode lakorn without the long flashbacks. Probably the best Act Art lakorn I've seen in a while though.

texture

sarNie Egg
Ch3 Thailand is re-posting episodes on Youtube.
The episodes are split up differently. In the past, episodes were 9 parts and about 115 minutes I think. The current episodes are split into 5 parts and about 55 minutes.
I do not know if the current episodes are edited differently or if anything has been cut.

MayAnne

sarNie Egg
Ch3 Thailand is re-posting episodes on Youtube.
The episodes are split up differently. In the past, episodes were 9 parts and about 115 minutes I think. The current episodes are split into 5 parts and about 55 minutes.
I do not know if the current episodes are edited differently or if anything has been cut.
Subtitles are also going back up on the subs slowly. But it's a little messed up as Episode 2 has not been opened for captions and there's at least one missing episode. I wish Ch3 would get their act together.

So far, no major scenes have been cut, just bits here and there. Mostly they cut out parts with music and no dialogue. But they did bleep out the bad language (which are retained in the subs :aaaaa:)

texture

sarNie Egg
Subtitles are also going back up on the subs slowly. But it's a little messed up as Episode 2 has not been opened for captions and there's at least one missing episode. I wish Ch3 would get their act together.

So far, no major scenes have been cut, just bits here and there. Mostly they cut out parts with music and no dialogue. But they did bleep out the bad language (which are retained in the subs :aaaaa:)
I understand your frustration, because I share it. I wish they could just re-post the original version with its subs.

DaoRisa

Love has nothing to do with bodies.
I think James Ji is now available for a new drama since those ones with Ice and Teaw had finished shooting. Anyone know besides a rumor that he may be co star with Ann-T?

MayAnne

sarNie Egg
I think James Ji is now available for a new drama since those ones with Ice and Teaw had finished shooting. Anyone know besides a rumor that he may be co star with Ann-T?
He said in a recent interview that he will film two dramas this year but details are not confirmed yet.

DaoRisa

Love has nothing to do with bodies.
He said in a recent interview that he will film two dramas this year but details are not confirmed yet.
I've thought he meant his two dramas will air this year. Thank you.