The RANDOMNESS Thread

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
It's almost christmas yet no snow is here, usually here in Calgary it snows it this time. I want a snowy christmas. :snowman:

Report cards tomorrow, gonna get lectured big time cause my marks are low this year, my parents are probably gonna ban me from lakorns :nailbiter: .

anan

sarNie Adult
I went to see theatre (got a free invitation) yesterday which lasted 2h !!! It was Awesome !!! The dialogues are all in rhymes (like poetry), the actors, actresses so beautiful & well dressed... and playing to the perfection their roles....

There are Beauty, Passion, Love, Life, Death, Humour, a pure pleasure of languages & body expressions.... At the end of the show, it was also a great moment too... when all ppl. started to clap the actors & actresses with different rhythms & in different ways for like 5min.... and slowly... the rhythms of clapping became slow and constant for another 5min.... This "invisible" & deep connection is very hard to describe... but... you simply felt it.
That theatre is located near the "China town" area, I expected to see few Asians but Nada !!! It feels GOOD to be the only asian guy among the public LOL,,, :dance1:

Next week's menu: a funny one man show on "How to become Parisian in one hour" (got 40% off on the ticket), can't wait to see it

Life is not only about Shopping Smart, but Hang Out Smart too :dance2: (sometimes, the best thing in life is FREE, i love free invitations & huge discount :p)

UPDATED 28/11/2010:

the show was excellent, very funny & lots of "cliché" on Parisians, this guy will make his one man show in the US next year, so, it's really worth take a look if u guys plan to come visit Paris lol. he said he will publish dates & locations for his US tour on facebook.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites

Look who I met? He's a new partner with my company. lol

And if you're wondering, yes I did gain weight!!!

Here's a pic of his woman. I was talking to her down in the hotel bar...took a pic of her when she turned to talk to someone else for a minute. LOL

anan

sarNie Adult
Waow, glad to see that our ex-Sarnie Old Maid met a tv star ^_^ !!!

p.s.
very beautiful dressing u got there ;)

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
Waow, glad to see that our ex-Sarnie Old Maid met a tv star ^_^ !!!

p.s.
very beautiful dressing u got there ;)
hahahaha Thanks! But you can't even see my dress! I actually hate this picture of me! My head look big and fat...I blame it on the camera angle...and being fat! lol

anan

sarNie Adult
hahahaha Thanks! But you can't even see my dress! I actually hate this picture of me! My head look big and fat...I blame it on the camera angle...and being fat! lol
C'mon, it's a beautiful Angel Angle ;) ahaha :p

You simply look great ^_^

anan

sarNie Adult
Everyone is getting old, but feel even older when your parents are retired...
When young, they were all busy & workaholics to save money for the best possible educations of their children.
Now old,  our heart is filled with gratitude to take care of them, spoil them and catch up the lost time...

Is it the asian traditional collective mindset ?? :rolleyes1:

ijohn

sarNie Adult
...I'm still alive, after a major fall, a bit of insanity, I'm finding the light again, I ponder is there exist true friends or is life just an illusion we create and nuture by ourselves? Anyhoo I learning how to give-up on dreams by being less empathetic and I feel better for it :),

cecilia

Staff member
Happy to hear that you're doing well -- I think there's true friends in someone's life if they continue to nurture that friendship so don't give up on that thought yet. Welcome back ^____^

fun

Expired Sarnie
I feel like I am all over the place here. I think I have been spamming too much but seems like no one is in the mood. I miss those days were pages fly within one day. I have been lonely as friends are getting married and are not too much interested in lakorns, kdrama, and dramas in general. Sigh. 

I guess I will start spamming these thread. If you go to the Korean and Chinese section, I am basically chit chatting with myself. I have been telling myself to go to Soompi but it has been ages since I logged on. 

cecilia

Staff member
Funfun, we're in the same boat.
Starting to think .. maybe it's time to give up lol

Speaking of Soompi, I haven't been there in ages but do I miss it? No 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Give up what? LOL 

I don't mind being single. I just need someone to discuss dramas/music with from time to time. But now I am resorting to only forums as a comfort LOL but now it's not even enough. When you work in a non Asian community, it is more tough. I often get left out of discussion because I am the abnormal one. I don't watch American shows or pay attention to much local news. 

cecilia

Staff member
Time to give up being online most of the time ... and focus on what really matter to us the most.  I'm starting to realize that I need a life outside watching dramas/movies and them textbooks lol

fun

Expired Sarnie
The thing is when I am free, it seems like no one else is. When I want to go to the movies or play volleyball, everyone seems too busy. But when they ask me out, I am not free. It's funny how the world works.

cecilia

Staff member
^That too .. and when I'm free they want to go out to drink and I don't drink.
Just realize that I have more lunch/dinner dates with them than anything else lol

fun

Expired Sarnie
It's even more difficult when you have kids. I don't have any kids but I take care of my two nephews during the evening. Their mom  works two job so she leaves them with my family for the week and on occasion she picks them up on the weekend. I really want to tell her that if she keeps doing this, she might as well hand over custody to my parents. 

A lot of people have mistaken them as either my sisters' kids or mine. Funny thing is... none of my sisters and I are married or have any kids. I don't normally like to embarrass people so I would sometimes play along as if they were my sons. But the hilarious thing is there are a few times my nephews would sometime call out to me "Aunty" when I am in the act. 

cecilia

Staff member
lol - I have the same problem whenever I go home to visit my nieces/nephews too .. always get mistaken as a mom and a daughter-in-law :( I guess that's one problem with society -- assume too much.

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
what's holding me back? why can't i just follow my gut and just do as i please? why must i listen and not live life to the fullest?

Why Why Why is what i'm wanting to know.

thankyou for listening,

:teary:  Lek