Share your F.O.B stories here!

Jean

sarNie Juvenile
There's this lady I know who works at a hospital. She's so funny with her stories. You know in Laotian, 8 1/2 is "bhat kueng" and the time 8:30 is "bhat mong kueng." Well her co-workers were asking her what size shoe she wears and she said eight-thirty (8:30) and they were confused, so they asked her again and she responded eight-thirty again, after a few times she realized what they meant and told them 8 1/2.

fun

Expired Sarnie
:lol: i know what you mean..cause everyone knows it and the original users try to find newer language and so forth..if that even make any sense lol *seriously i think it is only used in our city missy..
i think so too that it is only used in our city. anyways which reminds me when i was working at mcdonald, this old man was like can i order a pop. i looked at him and was very confused. he looked at me like i was stupid or something, i told him we didnt sell any pop. he was like i think you guys sure do, i see it over there. i looked and i felt real stupid, then i asked him, you are not from the west coast huh. he asked me what we call it, i told him we use the term soda. hahahaha. he let me off the hook because at first he was quite mad.

oh the people in the east never heard hecka before or hella. lmao :lol:

there are others too.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
i think so too that it is only used in our city. anyways which reminds me when i was working at mcdonald, this old man was like can i order a pop. i looked at him and was very confused. he looked at me like i was stupid or something, i told him we didnt sell any pop. he was like i think you guys sure do, i see it over there. i looked and i felt real stupid, then i asked him, you are not from the west coast huh. he asked me what we call it, i told him we use the term soda. hahahaha. he let me off the hook because at first he was quite mad.

oh the people in the east never heard hecka before or hella. lmao :lol:

there are others too.
LOL, you and I both! I remember going over to a white lady's house for something when I was younger. She goes, do you want a pop? I was thinking..... uhh... Lollipop...? Okay sure I told her, but she brought me a coke instead. I was confused as heck.

fun

Expired Sarnie
LOL, you and I both! I remember going over to a white lady's house for something when I was younger. She goes, do you want a pop? I was thinking..... uhh... Lollipop...? Okay sure I told her, but she brought me a coke instead. I was confused as heck.
I find it funny when I hear them say pop instead of soda. My cousin thought I was weird too when I offered him soda. I guess we are so used to it as "soda"

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
lol- funfun & lady.. you two are not alone.

yea they used that term "wicked"alot also, which we arent used to.

fun

Expired Sarnie
lol- funfun & lady.. you two are not alone.

yea they used that term "wicked"alot also, which we arent used to.
I use the term ginormous since one of my friend use it all the time. And then I started using it and some people were like are you from Oregon. I am like no I was born and raised in Callifornia. People from Oregon use that term alot.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
I use the term ginormous since one of my friend use it all the time. And then I started using it and some people were like are you from Oregon. I am like no I was born and raised in Callifornia. People from Oregon use that term alot.

lol i gotta ask moh..since i havent heard her use that term yet!

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
okay this isn't a FOB story but it made me laugh. :lol:

so on sunday me, my sister & my mama went to office depot cuz my sister needed some school supplies.

she was looking for glue & this man asks "are you looking for the clearance section?"

& my sister responds "oh no."

& then the man responds, "there's some poster boards on sale in the clearance section"

& my sister responds, "oh really?"

the man says, "yeah, they're only $2. come check it out"

& my sis says, "oh no that's okay i got one already"

& so the man turns to my sister & says "i wasn't talking to you..."

the man was talking on his bluetooth. :loool:

& my sister says "oh okay sorry. "

:loool: :loool:

she felt embarrassed & stupid for talking to man cuz he wasn't even looking at her. :loool:

judyp

sarNie Adult
^^ hahaha. :loool: don't you hate that? you think people are talking to you but they're on their damn bluetooth!! i've like smiled at people because i think they're waving at me, but they're waving at the person behind me. hahah! embarrassing alright!

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
:loool: :loool: OMG noy..i hella crack up reading that story!! :loool:

judy i know how that feel, but smiling is just to show youre being polite whether you thought they waved at you or not..*they wont know LOL

...thats why i just look before waving or whatever... *and now its harder since i can see that far...just the other day someone waved at me from inside their car (worst off i didnt recognized the car)...gosh i hecka stuck my head out further as if that will help and they were still waving..(i even look behind me ...no ones there) i felt bad so i finally waved back which took me several mins. and til this day i still dont know who the heck i was waving at...shoot it doesnt even matter anymore lol

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
^^ hahaha. :loool: don't you hate that? you think people are talking to you but they're on their damn bluetooth!! i've like smiled at people because i think they're waving at me, but they're waving at the person behind me. hahah! embarrassing alright!
haha. i hate that. then i look all dumb just smiling. sometimes people think i have issues :lol:

:loool: :loool: OMG noy..i hella crack up reading that story!! :loool:

judy i know how that feel, but smiling is just to show youre being polite whether you thought they waved at you or not..*they wont know LOL

...thats why i just look before waving or whatever... *and now its harder since i can see that far...just the other day someone waved at me from inside their car (worst off i didnt recognized the car)...gosh i hecka stuck my head out further as if that will help and they were still waving..(i even look behind me ...no ones there) i felt bad so i finally waved back which took me several mins. and til this day i still dont know who the heck i was waving at...shoot it doesnt even matter anymore lol
hahahaha. i do that all the time. people will be waving at me & sometimes i dont even know. like i'll see somebody waving but i'll look around to see if they're waving at me. haha. that's why i just ignore it.

i felt bad for my sister... she was all red when she told me the story. i just died laughing... :loool:

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
haha. i hate that. then i look all dumb just smiling. sometimes people think i have issues :lol:
hahahaha. i do that all the time. people will be waving at me & sometimes i dont even know. like i'll see somebody waving but i'll look around to see if they're waving at me. haha. that's why i just ignore it.

i felt bad for my sister... she was all red when she told me the story. i just died laughing... :loool:

she doesnt come to sw also, does she?? :loool:

fun

Expired Sarnie
I get that all the time and sometime it can be embarrassing.

fun

Expired Sarnie
This is not a FOB story but I swear this lady scared the hell out me. I was literally shaking when she spoke to me. I mean I was glad she was talking to me about spiritual stuff but she went beyond that. I can't be alone any more and plus I can't even look at myself in the mirror. Now a days I look like crap cause I haven't stared at myself through a mirror and plus I can't even look over my right shoulder any more.

Okay this is how it happened. I skipped my morning class so I went to school for my next class and my mom dropped me off since she needed the car, and so I got out of the car and this lady she waves hi, I looked around and there was no one else so I waved back, and I guess I was stupid enough that I went up to her. She says hey are you Filipino. I answered no. She was like are you Chinese? I said no. Are you Japanese? I said no. She said are you Korean? I said no. Yes it went on for quite awhile. She looks at me awkwardly, and she said, maybe I knew you from the past life because you look familar, so she went into detail about her birth and childhood. Oh she told me she was Filipino. She said that she has a black something and that she can see abnormal things. I look at her and gave her a fake smile and at the same time in my head, I'm like get away from me you freak. Then she went on, hey you were born with a twin weren't you. At that moment, I started shaking. I was like how did you know. She said, it must have been fate for us to me. And in my head, I like oh man, she is freaking me out. She started describing how my twin look like. She said I look just like her but she is more thin and her nose is pointer just like my mom. And she said my twin had black hair and she took a good look at me and continued, your hair color is naturally black right and recently you had dyed your hair blonde. I couldn't speak, she went on and I just stood there like I was frozen. I asked her why does she know so much. She then talked about her birth again. I must have been dumbed asking her such a stupid question. She was like I know in your past you went through alot, etc. you suffer and you this and that. Your twin and brother wants me to tell you that you should not give up and if you don't you would succeed in everything you do. You have a bright future ahead of you and someday you will become happy and rich. She also told me that I was a very good student in school. I was so confused at the moment and she said don't worry your twin says and she has always been watching over you. She is on your right shoulder I can see her and your brother wants to move on but wants to make sure that everyone forgets about him and be happy. Okay now I just couldn't bare looking over my right shoulder, I mean I'm glad that she is watching over me but also stay away from me. It was weird I started crying. So I told her I was going to be late to class. Before I left she told me her name. I couldn't pronounce it so she insist I call her Jane. I was so freaked out more when I realize that I was not even late to class, but I swear we had a very long conversation. I can't even stay in the bathroom alone, I make one of my sister sit in the bathroom while I take a shower. Oh yeah this just happen recently about a week or so ago. Sorry it was long. We also talked about other things too.