Share your F.O.B stories here!

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
lmao. fun i like your story! :loool: my dad does the same thing. he'll be like "why are you so bitch?" lmao. i'm like what dad?! :loool:

fun

Expired Sarnie
when asian people curse it is so damn funny. well i mean the elder generation that lacks english. lmao

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
ahahahaha...noy and judy, my mom pronounces all those words exactly the same way...including the names! :lol:

i have a cousin named chris also (well, christopher), so his name always gets butchered. sometimes he's kwit/kit, and other times, he's kit/kwit-tha-fuh(pronounced like pho, the noodles). lmao

i'd have to say that my all time favorite FOB word in the family would be see-yo-yo, which is my grandma's attempt at saying cereal. she's a little more FOB than my mom, aunts and uncles...obviously. haha as for my mom and aunts, and stuff, they got it down a little better. they've advanced to 'silly-yo'. :lol:

you got to hear it from my aunt. she said it was scary but she laughed so hard when she talk about it.

i love this thread. so funny. it brighten my dull days.

okay here is another one. this one about my youngest sister. she was also born in the states as well but her english was terrible in elementary school. the school had a professional somebody come over to test my sister's IQ cause she was doing real bad in school. she is damn lucky, she was about to be held back a grade three freaking time but didnt. anyways i sat there in the living room with my mom, sisters and the professional dude, he asked my sister to give him the definition of crash. her answer literally, "crash was when you crash-ed into something" i burst out laughing like i was going to die and my other sister was able to hold it in until she ran into the bedroom to laugh her ass off- she was a fifth grader at the time. you guys should have been there.

this one about my dad, so embarrassing i had my white friend over, my siblings were in the living room as well, my dad was siting in those folding chair and like in a few minutes the chair collapsed and we all laughed including my mom [not my white friend] she was respectful. and then he got up yelling at the chair, well, more like cursing in broken english. he said something like this, stupid chair you are a bitch. why you fucker shit. blah blah blah. omg i was dying from laughter and embarrassed at the same time. hahaha should have seen my dad's face and my mom was like you deserved it. and later when he was bitching at the chair, my mom said he was a crazy man, the chair dont understand him.
LMAO LMAO AHAHHAHSHSHHAHA!! i don't ever get to hear my parents cuss, 'cuz they weren't exposed to it that much, being that they never associated with westerners or any other asian people who were associated with the westerners. but i've heard my aunts and uncle do say those words on rare occasions. when they do, it's not just broken, but completely used wrong overall...just like when your dad said 'why you fucker shit'. LOL and i bet it sounded more like 'fuk-uh', 'bish', and 'siot'.

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
ahahahaha...noy and judy, my mom pronounces all those words exactly the same way...including the names! :lol:

i have a cousin named chris also (well, christopher), so his name always gets butchered. sometimes he's kwit/kit, and other times, he's kit/kwit-tha-fuh(pronounced like pho, the noodles). lmao

i'd have to say that my all time favorite FOB word in the family would be see-yo-yo, which is my grandma's attempt at saying cereal. she's a little more FOB than my mom, aunts and uncles...obviously. haha as for my mom and aunts, and stuff, they got it down a little better. they've advanced to 'silly-yo'. :lol:
LMAO LMAO AHAHHAHSHSHHAHA!! i don't ever get to hear my parents cuss, 'cuz they weren't exposed to it that much, being that they never associated with westerners or any other asian people who were associated with the westerners. but i've heard my aunts and uncle do say those words on rare occasions. when they do, it's not just broken, but completely used wrong overall...just like when your dad said 'why you fucker shit'. LOL and i bet it sounded more like 'fuk-uh', 'bish', and 'siot'.
silly-yo. :loool: my mama says the same thing! she says milk, "mill"

one time my mama told me to go get the mail & this was what she said.

Mom: "noy, bai ow meow ma" [noy, go get the mail]
Me: "huh? meow? ow thou meow mah tah sai" [huh? cat? get the cat from where?] :loool: :loool:

then i realized she's talking about the mail. i seriously thought she was talking about a cat too. :loool:

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
There was a white man at the supermarket that looked my mom up and down, and out of nowhere he goes, you're so ugly... go back to your country! And my Mom didn't speak english that well and she tried to curse the guy,, she goes... ass-a-hole.. your face look like my pusshy!! Which she meant to say you "asshole and you have pussy face!" :D LOL,, sorry to be so vulgar.

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
There was a white man at the supermarket that looked my mom up and down, and out of nowhere he goes, you're so ugly... go back to your country! And my Mom didn't speak english that well and she tried to curse the guy,, she goes... ass-a-hole.. your face look like my pusshy!! Which she meant to say you "asshole and you have pussy face!" :D LOL,, sorry to be so vulgar.
lol. omg, no way. that was mean of that white man. what did the man say afterwards?

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
OH HEEEELLLL NAW, I WOULD'VE BUSTED A CAP...! i'm sorry she had to hear that. if someone said that to my mom, shoooot, they'd be on the ground.

as for milk, my mom says mew. LOL

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
lol. omg, no way. that was mean of that white man. what did the man say afterwards?
Tha man tried to confront my dad by calling him out, but then my mom is a fierce woman, so she ran after him with a stick she grabbed from the car. That whiteman basically ran for his life.. lol

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
older lao people can't say "insurance," so they go "insalung" LOL... I bet your mom says that too? Hehe
omg, that's true. my mama say insurance like that! :lol:

Tha man tried to confront my dad by calling him out, but then my mom is a fierce woman, so she ran after him with a stick she grabbed from the car. That whiteman basically ran for his life.. lol
oh no! that's what the man gets! you must have that ghetto mama ^_^

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
LMAO oh gosh...i am literally laughing my head off reading all of this!!!

thank you everyone for sharing...

hahah my mom says the same thing...the cereal...seeo-oh.. milk also as mill ..lol the k is hard on the tongue i guess. lol
california... ka-lee-pok-ngah
texas- tik-sas
walmart- wah-mat
telephone- teh-ah-fone
computer- pu-ruer she calls the laptop that too
my sisters bf is also name christopher *freaking common name huh???....she calls him kiss or kriss
she also told us the same thing..that when we have kids....dont use long names and any hard to pronounced one's too.

i know theres more...gonna list more when i hear her say it lol

my parents doesnt curse in english...thanked god, but they understand. *but i didnt say they dont know how to curse in our native language..

do you guys ever have to come up with another language other than english, so that your parents wouldnt know what youre talking about?? this was back in my jr high school yrs. it was great, til my dad started to pick up that language too! <_<

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
LMAO oh gosh...i am literally laughing my head off reading all of this!!!

thank you everyone for sharing...

hahah my mom says the same thing...the cereal...seeo-oh.. milk also as mill ..lol the k is hard on the tongue i guess. lol
california... ka-lee-pok-ngah
texas- tik-sas
walmart- wah-mat
telephone- teh-ah-fone
computer- pu-ruer she calls the laptop that too
my sisters bf is also name christopher *freaking common name huh???....she calls him kiss or kriss
she also told us the same thing..that when we have kids....dont use long names and any hard to pronounced one's too.
i know theres more...gonna list more when i hear her say it lol

my parents doesnt curse in english...thanked god, but they understand. *but i didnt say they dont know how to curse in our native language..

do you guys ever have to come up with another language other than english, so that your parents wouldnt know what youre talking about?? this was back in my jr high school yrs. it was great, til my dad started to pick up that language too! <_<
lmao. that's how my mama says texas too! :lol:

speaking of names, my mama told me to name my kid "Mango" :loool: i was like "what do i look like naming my kid mango mama?" & she replies "it's easy to say & it's sweet" lmao :loool:

XCappy

Mr. Char
Thanks for sharing all these stories guys, esp. the one with the stereo (~Sandy~) :lol:

Yes Amikrazie, during my childhood my parents were mad that we always talk in French (with brother and sister), or mixed French Chinese when we talk to them. My mom set a game that for the one that speaks full Chinese will get some money. Of course, years years years later, no one has ever won a piece ! And the fact is that even my parents mix French and Chinese now when they talk with us.

Now, there is also the inverse trend. I'm also Cambodian, but I didn't learn the language so when they talk about things that isn't "hearable" for children, they did it in Khmer. Now, years years years later too, I do understand some words or idioms, so I know if it's something about me, about my bro, my sister, or other people... My cousin also, she doesn't speak Khmer but when her mom talks on the phone in Khmer, she understands all the convo. (After asking her mom if it was this thing that she said earlier).

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
you guys are so lucky to have parents that speak multi-languages...if my parents knew more than one languages i would of made them teach me all of them. lol

the more the better.

too bad my parents only speaks khmer.

so i have to go out and learn on my own.. :p

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
lol i really want to hear the rest of ur second story what happen to white guy and laos after that any court issue like that
Oh, no idea about court issues. But i think that would just kill the story though. LOL My dad never mentioned if they did go to court or not.

fun

Expired Sarnie

oh when you hear them talk about sex, i just want to die cause it is so damn funny that i cant even explain it. it took me awhile to know that they were talking about sex term/saying. lmao

my sisters and i use the pig lang. and other codes of lang. kind of funny. i think it is call the k language. every word you say ends with saying k. kind of hard to understand unless you pay close attention for example, i-k go-k store-k. say it fast though, not easy huh especially when it is a long long conversation and phrase.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
oh when you hear them talk about sex, i just want to die cause it is so damn funny that i cant even explain it. it took me awhile to know that they were talking about sex term/saying. lmao

my sisters and i use the pig lang. and other codes of lang. kind of funny. i think it is call the k language. every word you say ends with saying k. kind of hard to understand unless you pay close attention for example, i-k go-k store-k. say it fast though, not easy huh especially when it is a long long conversation and phrase.

^^ funfun thats the language i was referring to...LMAO i forgot the name of it..yea that pig language..my dad knows now so the heck with it..we just txt one another now :loool:

if i was to say a phrase it would be like this..i *i tha guy - want *want tha gant - to *to tha goo - go *go tha go - to *to tha goo - the *the tha gue - store *store tha gore lmao its ridiciously long...but its easy to catch though. there is a another one but kind of harder to understand...but of course its harder so i wont try to even explain it. lol

lol missy it could be just used withing our city limit * you know it was popular back in my jr high school yrs..wonder if the kids are still using it?? since their parents prolly already understand it too! :lol: *no more privacy talk.

fun

Expired Sarnie
pig language was hard for me. hahaha, it took me awhile to learn and adapt. there are other ones to but i forgot the names. people come up with the weirdiest -->hahah not sure if it is even a word<-- thing!

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
pig language was hard for me. hahaha, it took me awhile to learn and adapt. there are other ones to but i forgot the names. people come up with the weirdiest -->hahah not sure if it is even a word<-- thing!

:lol: i know what you mean..cause everyone knows it and the original users try to find newer language and so forth..if that even make any sense lol *seriously i think it is only used in our city missy..