ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
songielove, I didn't noticed the opening credits (maybe because I was too excited), but yes, definitely the ending credits.  I remember going "huh?"  I think especially when the girl starts singing.  

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Songielove: Yeah, I feel like the opening and ending credits are so sloppy. Whoever did the editing hopefully isn't doing the actual editing of the lakorn episodes. :yuck: But seems like they are because the episodes have been choppy so far.

I was more clips of Vill promoting Ngao Jai and she mentioned that before every scene, Toomtam and Vill would sit together and discuss how to do each scene. :dance1:

I haven't had time to read the summaries but I don't plan on it. I really don't want to spoil it for myself and everyone else. :secret:

OHOaddict

The Dahlia Goddess
Umm @phatman i was talking about Gam the Star not Aom S. Im actually ok with Aom's acting but shes just too much of a veteran for Wathit and his wardrobe. Gam on the other hand makes me want to sew my ears and eyes shut. She's trying to hard to be funny. She just needs to "LET IT GO" and be natural.

I'm not feeling the intro song yet but i was the same for SSP ost also and i fell in love with it after a couple of eps.

D~D

sarNie Adult
Thank u ladies for checking up on my Viki issue, I guess it's just my laptop.

T___T

Anyways, I got to watch the 1st EP on my family computer ( i prefer my own laptop) and I love it!!

I don't know if anyone talked about this but did anyone catch the photos in Rut room ( the scene where Rut sister ask him to drop her off to buy flowers or something)

The pictures are May !!!!!!

I love the part where Rut talk to himself that he almost hit on someone else's girl (awe).

Anyways I'll watch EP 2 when I get home.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
OHOaddict said:
Umm @phatman i was talking about Gam the Star not Aom S. Im actually ok with Aom's acting but shes just too much of a veteran for Wathit and his wardrobe. Gam on the other hand makes me want to sew my ears and eyes shut. She's trying to hard to be funny. She just needs to "LET IT GO" and be natural.

I'm not feeling the intro song yet but i was the same for SSP ost also and i fell in love with it after a couple of eps.
Oh yeah I know. Haha. I was just also adding Aom to the list. I'm not sure who Gam is. Haha.

OHOaddict

The Dahlia Goddess
@phatman ohhh you were talking about Aom as if she was Gam lol. Gam is Vill's assistant. The darker skin girl with a mole on her chin. She's a singer like toomtam. She has splendid vocal chords.

songielove

sarNie Juvenile
Haha D~D, I was just going to mention the photos on Ruth's wall. Either that was overlooked on the set, or Ruth is falling hard and and fast! Haha. It's only been a day. XD

@OHOaddict, not sure if you saw my other post, but Gam's acting comes from her musical background. 555 It's hard to "Let it go~~~~!" She's adorable. XD

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
OHOaddict said:
@phatman ohhh you were talking about Aom as if she was Gam lol. Gam is Vill's assistant. The darker skin girl with a mole on her chin. She's a singer like toomtam. She has splendid vocal chords.
Haha. Perhaps it was my grammar.
Oh that's her. Haha. I like her, but yeah she does overact sometimes.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
It was love at first sight for Rut.

He's like man, I almost hit on someone else's girlfriend but his eyes still give her that puppy in love look and follows her around. Haha. Was it me or what but when he said that, he sounded jealous? Instead of hey, I almost made a mistake? Hehe.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
I love both songs. Abnormal's was catchy immediately when I heard it.

The duet is good too. The lyrics sound so much deeper and better in Thai. This song really gets lost in translation. Well, not that much but a bit. Haha.

OHOaddict

The Dahlia Goddess
@songielove but i think she's really good in musicals. I've seen her in Bie's and Noona's musical where Gam played Noona's older sister. I found her very good but when i watched her in Ngao Jai i cringe so much.

songielove

sarNie Juvenile
I love it that it was love at first sight for Ruth. Knowing how hard it was (is) for him to move on to love another woman, the instant he laid eyes on Maytinee just goes to show you how real his love is in that moment because of the nature of it. He was compelled to subconsciously [sneak around and] take pictures of her and, interestingly, he fell in love almost immediately after letting go of the old love he nurtured and buried deep in his heart. (I thought it was both sad and honest of him to let go of the flowers but not personally "hand them over". Kind of touching.) He really wasn't thinking in that moment, it just came to him naturally. I really like how this scene was done. :) But you realize he doesn't know it's love (or denies it as love) later on when he starts to generalize women. Boo. These twins sure do have something in common: they're stubborn. XD

I also like both songs and their lyrics, but also keeping in mind that anything that gets translated into English is already a filtered version of it. XD I need to get on itunes to download the new one. :D

Haha @OHOaddict, I totally believe her Tippy character though. Isn't she supposed to be kind of bright and outrageous like that? I was referring to her musical background because musical actors are kind of known for their over-the-top acting and grand gestures. XD

AikOm^_^

Just an ordinary gal in an extraordinary world.
Hehe, awesome to see this thread moving along! I can only imagine the discussions when the drama truly starts... :woot2:

fun said:
i took a law class before (phew that was eon years ago lol) and it was one of the worse experience ever. i didnt understand the text esp reading previous cases and fell asleep through most lectures.

Oh, that sounds quite painful. :teary:

OHOaddict said:
His wardrobe makes him look like an immature kid who cant get over Janesuda. -.- something like Kan's from Kan&Mai Davika's rose lakorn would look better. Let's hope Kinaree doesn't have a change of heart.

Immature kid? Not to me. He oozes of masculinity. :blush:

ceda_lee said:
LOL!  I hated it when attorneys reference court cases in their arguments so much already.  Can't imagine reading them.  

Anywho...I'm so ready for the drama.  Bring it!  

I am, too (about the drama)! :highfive:

songielove said:
Thanks for the information, @ceda_lee. This is why dramas are best watched with forums.

It took me a few weeks of SSP to get into the OST. Then it just got better after that. If anything, I'd rather have Toomtam sing for his lakorns (I love all his songs (I actually really do), but he needs a new one.) I've always liked Exact's musical choices and variety of arrangements. They're creative and always making full use of the song.

But I was a bit disappointed with the opening and ending credits of Ngaojai. The scenes and music editing was a bit off and kind of awkward at times. Some of the selected scenes didn't flow smoothly together and with the song (and how the song was cut and blended). I love watching Exact's opening/ending credits because they're usually pretty spot on, so I'm certain I was expecting the same or greater standard... making me notice these little things that would otherwise be overlooked by the regular viewer. XD There were also some transition cuts in the drama that was kind of off, but the music placement is well done (when I do my rare venturing outside of Exact, the musical placement is what bugs me the most, it's so important!) and we are getting nice frames with a good flowing story. ^^ Sorry if I sound like I'm just nitpicking, but it is the first time I'm watching Magic If, so I'm sure P'Aom wouldn't mind the feedback haha. (Now.. just to get it to her, tehee.) Everything else has been great. I LOVE Maytinee and Ruth/Watit's styling. Ruth's wardrobe is fitting to me, I just find it funnyyy that the facial hair had to be fake at the time because Toomtam has been wearing his real facial hair regularly since returning from ordination. 55555 He wears it well too, and it looks better than Ruth's. I am loving Tippy! Vill and Toomtam have that glow-- healthy and happy (even if Watit isn't healthy and happy), but Gam just lights up my screen haha. She does come from a musical background, so that could explain for the exaggerated acting and grand gestures. I dont have a problem with it, it's totally in Tippy's character hehe!

We're only two episodes in, but I get the feeling that the more we see how Watit is, the more we come to admire Ruth. I mostly enjoy seeing the difference in how they both react in the face of similar situations: love and lost (so proud of Toomtam. It's the same feeling I had for Vill with Gan and Nee ♡). I still like Watit and I dont want to see him gone, but I have a feeling they'll keep that part of the original. The more we see of the two brothers, the more we better understand the other brother.. if writing is done well. :)

K, I think that's all for now until I can remember more. I talk too much. XDDD

Great review, Songie! Although I'm moved by the opening and closing credits, I understand what you mean. The editing is choppy; I have the same issue with the scene transitions. I pray it gets better in the upcoming episodes. Hehe, the editing may be off, but I still love the opening + closing credits: :wub: With SSP, the episodes are more exciting, but with NJ, its opening and closing scenes got me more excited than the actual episodes. I agree with you about May, Ruth, and Watit's styling. Agree 100% about Ruth's facial hair. As for Tippy, I'm going to have to pay more attention to the lively Gam when I re-watch the episodes. :)

Um, I'm already admiring Ruth! :drool: Let's hope the writing doesn't disappoint! Uh, you should talk more! :yes:

ceda_lee said:
songielove, I didn't noticed the opening credits (maybe because I was too excited), but yes, definitely the ending credits.  I remember going "huh?"  I think especially when the girl starts singing.  

"The girl?" But that's Noona, Ceda_lee! I thought you would recognize her voice. That part was kind of off. :coverlaf:

aiyaja said:
Songielove: Yeah, I feel like the opening and ending credits are so sloppy. Whoever did the editing hopefully isn't doing the actual editing of the lakorn episodes. :yuck: But seems like they are because the episodes have been choppy so far.

I was more clips of Vill promoting Ngao Jai and she mentioned that before every scene, Toomtam and Vill would sit together and discuss how to do each scene. :dance1:

I haven't had time to read the summaries but I don't plan on it. I really don't want to spoil it for myself and everyone else. :secret:

AW! They would sit together and discuss about the scene? :woot: :clap: :cloud9: I saw a BTS video that proves that point. I'll find it and share it soon. Yeah, best not to spoil it for yourself... I hope it doesn't disappoint us, Aiyaja!

OHOaddict said:

:loool: to the bolded part! Hehe, I'll pay extra attention to Gam as Tippy. But I don't mind her over-exaggeration.

D~D said:
Thank u ladies for checking up on my Viki issue, I guess it's just my laptop.

T___T

Anyways, I got to watch the 1st EP on my family computer ( i prefer my own laptop) and I love it!!

I don't know if anyone talked about this but did anyone catch the photos in Rut room ( the scene where Rut sister ask him to drop her off to buy flowers or something)

The pictures are May !!!!!!

I love the part where Rut talk to himself that he almost hit on someone else's girl (awe).

Anyways I'll watch EP 2 when I get home.

Aw, glad you love it! Hehe, that is stinkin' sweet that he has pictures of her already. Boy, you haven't even talked to her yet! Haha, that scene in which he reprimanded himself on almost hitting on someone else's girl is so funny and cute!!!!!!!!! :wub:

songielove said:
Haha D~D, I was just going to mention the photos on Ruth's wall. Either that was overlooked on the set, or Ruth is falling hard and and fast! Haha. It's only been a day. XD

@OHOaddict, not sure if you saw my other post, but Gam's acting comes from her musical background. 555 It's hard to "Let it go~~~~!" She's adorable. XD

Haha, yeah, that's quick (to the part about Ruth falling hard). I'm glad Gam isn't letting go in some certain situations.

phatman said:
Haha. Perhaps it was my grammar.
Oh that's her. Haha. I like her, but yeah she does overact sometimes.

Aw, she does. But I still love her.

aiyaja said:
It was love at first sight for Rut.

He's like man, I almost hit on someone else's girlfriend but his eyes still give her that puppy in love look and follows her around. Haha. Was it me or what but when he said that, he sounded jealous? Instead of hey, I almost made a mistake? Hehe.

YES! He did sound jealous to me, too! :ghehe: Just look at his annoyed and heart-broken face! Haha, Rut is so possessive.

aiyaja said:
I love both songs. Abnormal's was catchy immediately when I heard it.

The duet is good too. The lyrics sound so much deeper and better in Thai. This song really gets lost in translation. Well, not that much but a bit. Haha.

Currently obsessed with AB Normal's song right now...keeps tearing me up. :teary: The song is just PERFECT for NJ. Can't wait til we get to hear the full version of the duet.

OHOaddict said:
@songielove but i think she's really good in musicals. I've seen her in Bie's and Noona's musical where Gam played Noona's older sister. I found her very good but when i watched her in Ngao Jai i cringe so much.

If I remember correctly, NJ is only Gam's second lakorn. Hehe, she does tend to overreact, but I enjoy her funny presence on screen. :wub: I'll pay more attention to her acting in NJ.

AikOm^_^

songielove said:
I love it that it was love at first sight for Ruth. Knowing how hard it was (is) for him to move on to love another woman, the instant he laid eyes on Maytinee just goes to show you how real his love is in that moment because of the nature of it. He was compelled to subconsciously [sneak around and] take pictures of her and, interestingly, he fell in love almost immediately after letting go of the old love he nurtured and buried deep in his heart. (I thought it was both sad and honest of him to let go of the flowers but not personally "hand them over". Kind of touching.) He really wasn't thinking in that moment, it just came to him naturally. I really like how this scene was done. :) But you realize he doesn't know it's love (or denies it as love) later on when he starts to generalize women. Boo. These twins sure do have something in common: they're stubborn. XD

I also like both songs and their lyrics, but also keeping in mind that anything that gets translated into English is already a filtered version of it. XD I need to get on itunes to download the new one. :D

I'm split over the "love at first sight" scenario... Some situations are done well, others, not so much. But you and your analysis, Songie! :bravo:

AikOm^_^

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai said:
Gam doesn't really bother me because I assumed that is what her character was supposed to be like, but now that some are saying its not ...lol

Hey, happy to hear from you in here! :grouphug: :clap:

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Maiko^_^ said:

Hey, happy to hear from you in here! :grouphug: :clap:

Heyy and thank you ^.^ I haven't really posted in much lakorn threads until recently when all the ones I've been waiting for started airing all simultaneously too! 
fun said:
Gam doesn't bother me either but she could use a few acting lessons.
I agree fun, the thing about Gam is I notice she tends to bring her "Concert" Personality into her acting. Alot of her scenes are very similar to her personality when she's at a concert with other The Stars members. Sometimes when I see her scenes I feel like I'm going to hear her start singing at any moment lol! 

AikOm^_^

fun said:
Gam doesn't bother me either but she could use a few acting lessons.

Yes, she can always improve her acting. :yes:

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai said:

Heyy and thank you ^.^ I haven't really posted in much lakorn threads until recently when all the ones I've been waiting for started airing all simultaneously too! 

I agree fun, the thing about Gam is I notice she tends to bring her "Concert" Personality into her acting. Alot of her scenes are very similar to her personality when she's at a concert with other The Stars members. Sometimes when I see her scenes I feel like I'm going to hear her start singing at any moment lol! 

Aw, you're welcome! :heart: Hehe, sometimes I expect Gam to sing whenever she opens her mouth to yell.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Haha OMG Tina now that you mention it, I see it too. It feels like I am watching her at a concert.