[Mainland] Legend of YunXi (2018)

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
In drama LFY can't keep a straight face when it comes to YX, here is proof LOL

I haven't seen many wuxia/ancient Chinese dramas but so far the stone cold ice cube title has to go to Yu Wen Yue from Princess Agents. In 1 ep of LoYX LFY smiles more than YWY smiles in the whole complete 67 eps of PA :risas3:.

Cr as tagged

saobomp

sarNie Adult
@Ms.Zoe yes, his eyes always staring at her. that smiles of his omg! love it. hehe.

yes, stone cold still goes to YWY. I love Qin's happy moments. :)))

Ms.Zoe

Blinded by YX (love) for sure. He can't seem to be mad at her or if he does then it wouldn't last long. She got drunk with Valley guy (I don't think Valley guy is drunk based on YX arm tug war :risas3:) he couldn't be mad at her in her drunken state & the next day everything seems fine lol. It would be great if he has more competitions competing for her affection. One Valley guy doesn't get LFY in a full jealous mode :risas3:.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
ZZH's smile is so brilliantly beautiful.

In the drama long feiye smiled a lot but in the novel his overall presence and power is very intimidating. And his aloofness and distance nature is so off putting lol. He doesn't like to talk much to people and his sentences are so short. And when he talks to YunXi he more than often leaves her hanging. Everybody is afraid of the Duke.

Though as arrogant as he is in the novel I still like him.

saobomp

sarNie Adult
@byebye interesting. they changed him up in the movie a bit but in a good way too hehe. mesh well with silly, goofy yunxi hehe.

wish i had time to read the book but my kiddos are too distracting hehe. where do you guys go read at?

byebye

sarNie OldFart
@byebye interesting. they changed him up in the movie a bit but in a good way too hehe. mesh well with silly, goofy yunxi hehe.

wish i had time to read the book but my kiddos are too distracting hehe. where do you guys go read at?
Yes, novel and drama are like 2 different people. In the novel they made him like a fearful God. I do like their interactions. YunXi in the novel is similar to the drama though. But some of the thoughts in her head about Long Feiye is funny. He treat a lot of people like their existence is a mere bothersome or afterthought but with YunXi...he is as normal as he ever get.

The beginning after they got married and they had to produce a cloth with bloodstain on it to prove they consummate their marriage lol. Long Feiye disappeared then later show up with a cloth with fresh bloodstain hahaha. I love the reaction because no one believes they did it. But without cloth YunXi knows she would be put to death.

He stared at people a lot without saying much. And in turned when he does say something, everyone listened. That is why they dubbed him the Ice Cube. He dismissed people so easily that it's the norm lol. I read it from one of the link I found on YT. I am only on chapter 98...each chapter is pretty short. Like sarN said, it is up to 500 chapters in English but supposed to have 1000 chapters?

sarN

sarNie Granny
i don't know how long is the raw but it going be years by the time they done translate LOL , no biggie tho , i read manga/mahwah/ect. ...it take yearsss in the making & then get translated. i have lots of patience, therefore it doesn't bother me haha

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Fans of the drama should give the novel a try. I love the novel because it is so in depth and have so many more of Long Feiye and Yunxi. I am on chapter 205 and one Chinese fan said it is 1,300 chapters:)

Though after watching the drama and reading the novel, I have to say Long Feiye is completely 2 different people. Long Feiye in the novel is a bigger than life character. Everyone in the novel is afraid of him. The fear he instilled in people just by walking in a room. And he is ruthless. He pretty much treat people like they aren't worth his time...even his relationship with his mom is pretty nonexistent. People were honored if he talks to them even if it's in an unflattering way lol. In the novel he is a tall person as in taller than pretty much everybody that is why his presence is so commanding. He has this attitude that half the time he just walks away from people without even a care.

One scene in the book that stayed with me, is when Yunxi was almost dropped in the oil pot and burned to death. Her dress was dipped in it a bit when he burst into the jail and pulled the rope with one hand and her waist with the other. He examined her, ripped the bottom of her dress off because it was wet from the oil. She thought of him as her hero, with adorning eyes...then when he thought she was OK, he shoved her away like it was nothing hahaha. And then when she almost died, he was trying to find her some medicines. He didn't know what he was looking for when he poured all her stuff out from her pouch. Then he found 6 pills that is a size of a bottle cap lol and shoved it all in her mouth at once. She had to spit it out. He gave her 3 more, then have the nerve to tell her to take it one at a time because no one is going to steal it from her :risas3:

And Yunxi in the book is such an amazing character. She gets herself into all sort of things. I seriously love her in the book.

ZZH did amazing in the drama. He to me made Long Feiye his own. Oh, the main actress accepted 3 dramas but none with ZZH lol. The fans will wait forever to have them reunited. I heard this drama did well. But it is not a lakorn so no reunion for a long while ::crybaby2:

Last edited:

Ms.Zoe

LOL it is a habit started from Descendants of the Sun to Princess Agents that whenever I watch a drama & can related to it then I will make some sort of creativity for it so here is one for this drama :D :

Cr to me ;)

byebye

sarNie OldFart
LOL it is a habit started from Descendants of the Sun to Princess Agents that whenever I watch a drama & can related to it then I will make some sort of creativity for it so here is one for this drama :D :

Cr to me ;)
That smile when he was in the black outfit always get me. I think ZZH has a nice complexion in the drama but when they held the press conference he was so light skin. Some parts of the drama he looks beige or something. But in reality he's straight up light.

I was rewatching a scene of when yunxi jumped on him trying to get the paper from his hand...both ZZH and the actress broke character and laugh. He was to keep a straight face but couldn't. I had to watched the scene a couple of times to see it lol. ZZH was turning a bit to get away from her but he was smiling pretty big. She did it first then he couldn't hold it :)

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Sigh should have ignored the novel lol. I think this drama would have been better if it had season 2. The book has way to many plot points to cover...I mean a lot. All I have to say is in the novel Duke Qin is so freaking possessive of Yunxi. He would not trade her for a nation and he gets jealous of the men around her so easily even a little squirrel isn't safe.

And Dr. Gu Beiyu (spelling) is so sweet in the book that my heart melts for him. IDK reading the book makes me wish they really keep an opening ending and just shoot season 2 already.

saobomp

sarNie Adult
@byebye wow interesting. I started reading the novel hehe. on chapter 15 ...

yes, i wish for another season gosh! but any good drama with these two i dont mind seeing.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
@byebye wow interesting. I started reading the novel hehe. on chapter 15 ...

yes, i wish for another season gosh! but any good drama with these two i dont mind seeing.
Which site are you reading from? I read mind from wuxia the other one is volaro or something like that. I wonder if there's any difference between the translation though.

I seriously love the way they wrote Yunxi so far. I am on chapter 300+lol. She loves Long Feiye but never once forgotten who she is. She will love but also willing to hate. She has this ability to test his patience to no end lol. And she has the mind to walk away from him when she sees that her self worth is on the line. And he in turn was the one that is afraid to lose her...putting a wanted poster up everywhere...having his people turn a city over so he could fine her :).

I wished they could show that side more of Long Feiye in the drama. Because he did more of a chasing then Yunxi in their relationship. Yunxi on the other hand is strong enough in herself to know when to back away...because she said, she can really, really like someone but also she won't lose herself because of it.

Last edited:

saobomp

sarNie Adult
@byebye it's volaro. Seems like they left out or switched things around from the novel which i dont mind.

wish there they had the scene she was bathing in his hot tub hehe. said that he was peeping to see what she was doing lol. then the bodyguard approach him...

right, she's a tough lil one!

sarN

sarNie Granny
im at the latest chapter LoL , i read it when it first translated which is a couple year back , therefore my pain of waiting had exhausted LOL, i can calmly wait for the next chapter like a Nun devoted to her praying haha

byebye

sarNie OldFart
So ZZH said season 2 was in the work? He had a sit down with producers and discussed about it...his suggestions was they meet in another life lol. Cool then Yun xi can become Qu G. beautiful maid hahahha

Last edited: