Good Relationship Articles

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
CC I watch some of that too sometime, and I'm surprise myself I actually like the show.  When the teaser or preview came out, I thought "great another crazy reality shows", but surprising it's touchy and pretty informative of what does it really take to make a marriage work.

Saw one couple withhold their intimacy until they really get to know one another as a married couple, they marriage last.
While another couple jumped into bed the moment they were alone and their married didn't last.
So yep, understand yourself worth, at the same time getting to know your partner better really held their marriage and love together.

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
It does surprise me thought how fast some of these couples falling for each other.  I wonder if the attraction was only physical since all of them are pretty good looking.
Six months is pretty short to considered marriage is a success, when in reality some marriage take years for couple to actually learn about one another. 

Still I'll give these couples credits for taking that uncertainty and try to make their marriage work. 

cecilia

Staff member
^Would you do such show if given a chance? I'm debating lol - Well, it's not too bad to fall in love with a stranger .. just have to have self control when you're next to your 'husband' lol

sarN

sarNie Granny
Hummm...I don't think 6 months is enough to know someone, left along married them at first sight , its a TV show & those are scripted to create viewer.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
6 months isn't even long enough to scratch the surface into someone's heart. I am figuring out now the reward might not be worth the risk of loving someone. When you open your heart to someone you are most definitely going to end up with a broken heart.

I was reading something earlier and it says that everyone is wired to cheat. Seriously, with that kind of thinking not sure why anyone is eager to fall in love lol

sarN

sarNie Granny
I agreed . Ppl seen to want to cheat lolll TOO MUCH TEMPTATION. Its true what they said about American " they're pig " HAHA. At first, I thought only  good looking ppl will cheat b/c it's easy for them NOT true ...even the less attractive can scrape sometime up & honestly I'm afraid I might cheat on my future love interest too .. I NEVER cheat but you never know . Emotion drive ppl to do crazy thing.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I am on this site "marriage builder" and it is such an interesting read. It is advise and insight to relationship by a marriage counselor and some are such an eye opener.
He said that people should never trust their spouse completely. And says that, most couples that do cheat usually reconcile and their marriage is stronger than before.

I think it takes a big heart to take a cheater back. Some lives with the resentment but still try to make the marriage work. I get so hurt by just emotionally cheating can't imagined the physical part of it as well. That is double the pain and would take so much effort to put the marriage back together. And I would say, by the time that's all said and then I don't think I would have the energy to fight for it. Honestly, the work would exhaust me and by that time, the love would be so far gone not sure there's years left to work it out.

sarN

sarNie Granny
O' byebye , you got a good marriage no need to work on anything, might not be perfect but you are set for life , 16 year is a long time !! O' yeah , your husband is a cop tooo! You got all the protection !! A cop..yummy.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I wished it was good right now. There are things I am struggling with and something happened that I am seriously thinking about the next step to take. I am having a lady bible study today and maybe the older ladies who had been married for 30+years can give me lol. You know when you turn to people for advise things aren't rosy :)

My husband never cheat on me but emotionally, I think the dude pretty much stomp me to death. And all that I can take, but it was what my son said to me that I am considering the marriage might not last. Once your son (10 yrs old) observed something for a while and his view never change on it then the problem is serious. So, now it's not what I think that is important...I can't have my son believe that what my husband and I has is what "marriage" is supposed to be.

cecilia

Staff member
I think it's good to get opinion/suggestion from other but at the end of the days, it's up to you to make the decision. I guess my dad's words always echoes in my head, sometime people want to see you break up so they keep adding salt into your family dish so it's up to you to be wise to make a good decision on your own without any influences from other. I used to do this compare and contrast thing and I realize that if I do this I won't make any progress in my life so I stop and do what's best for my heart and my family. 

sarN

sarNie Granny
@ byebye, if you want a friend to make you laugh & smile , hit me up on LINE , it a app.go to market & d/l it to your phone , my ID is 'sarnworld', just search that ID for friend. If you hang out w/me , I will show u the world of young man .

byebye

sarNie OldFart
lol...Sarn I have no need for a younger man. 

CC: I have been fortunate enough to have those that I considered a friend that never push me one way or the other. My best friend never does that, she always leave the decision to me. Because ultimately, it is mine to make. She generally makes me see the bigger picture of things. As for as the ladies bible study goes, they are in their late 50s-60s and one is 80. Well, I got back from it and didn't tell anyone lol. One of the lady had more problems than mine and we prayed for her instead.

A year an a half ago my son had said that, he doesn't think my husband loves me (leave it to a kid to be honest) I had told my husband about it and he somehow brushed it off. Well, yesterday, we started to talk about something and I asked him...when daddy talks and acts does it look like daddy loves mommy? He answered me in such a sad face and tone...he said, not really. I then asked him, is it fair for mommy to stay with daddy if he doesn't love me? My son was sad, but he said, NO. And honestly, I was crushed. I believed a kid see more than we give them credit.

So, now I have to decide what is best. I don't think it's fair for anyone right now. Especially for my son. Kids, will not thank you for staying in a marriage because of them. They sensed everything. My son is such an observant kid that he takes in all the information. I know if I take the big step it will changed everything.

My husband has changed but in my son's eyes it is not enough for him to believe that love is there. I think we can try to fool ourselves but fooling a kid is harder than one think.

sarN

sarNie Granny
is it b/c i'm a bad influence ? You don't want to hit me up on LINE ? I just want to show u picture of man HAHA. Come on , it be fun , go d/l the app. I don't mind having a housewife friend , I'll show you how to cook & do tattoo if you want . I feel you just need a good laugh to relieve stress  & a friend to push you to cheat HAHA . You said you have hair lose problem right ? I have a friend who worst . Come on girl . Go do it . It's New Year!!! Here a new year picture from the temple last week. The third girl on the left is my bbf & she only in her 30s. Hair loss too. I'll hug you just like how i hug my sister . Now go d/l.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Hugging right back and a kiss :kiss: The middle one looks familiar...she looks like someone I know by the name of Tina. She lives in Chicago though.

When kids are involve is never fun and when they expressed their feelings is even worst. How do you just pretend nothing is there. You can dismissed a lot of things but you can't dismissed a child feeling especially when it's there for so long.

sarN

sarNie Granny
my friend (the third girl) she have two boys just like you & divorce after 14 years & now she boys crazy tooo  :dance1: or maybe cuz she hang around me too much. the second girl is my sister. girl, go d/l it now.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Hubby talked to my oldest son...telling him he loves him and me very much lol. I don't think he'll ever learn words are that. He tells me he loves me everyday...when we had our big arguments the other day he said, that he loves me and puts me above his own mom. And I know how much he loves his mom.

But everyday, is a growing process.  Last week, he just admitted to one of his fault when the past 15+ years he would never, even if I witnessed it. He would say I just accused him of things. Instead, he apologized and knew it was wrong. And he will do better, coming to terms that it was his biggest flaw so far. I think, my husband is a slow learner. It is so confusing, cause he pretty much gives me whatever it is I want. Everything I could possibly need and more. But the one thing I want, is to actually show that he loves me, he doesn't know how. Seriously, what is so hard about it lol.

He told me Sunday, just because he doesn't express the love the way I want him to it doesn't mean he doesn't love me. Ummm...I told him, he's not expressing it any other way a human understand because even my son doesn't see it. I told him, it should never be a puzzle...he's making it sound like one of those 1000+pieces of puzzle where I have to put it together one piece at a time. Men are horrible lol

cecilia

Staff member
They are ... A simple act sure go a long way in my heart for him too ..

Anyway, I miss the occasional late night talk in a relationship. I miss the simple text of good morning, the simple I miss you text and many other small talks. These little things will do wonders for me ... And I miss that lol

sarN

sarNie Granny
He sound sweet to me . you probably hard to please HAHA . maybe you need 50 shade of gray spark into your life . both of ya' go out & get a red room w/o the kids or something