withunnichan

sarNie Hatchling
@picadrama @72701 I actually define it in my recap. Lol. But how I understand it is, it's a matter of how the character is written. Think of homonyms in English. Which is probably the closest thing we have to something like this. The shortening of her name is "Ju" but Suea writes the character on her placard as "joo" which means shortened or be little, short in length(shriveled?) or "wee wee." Like what you'd call a penis. [I think GMMTV translated it as "wee wee" if I'm not mistaken.] That's why she didn't like the name and everyone was surprised by it. Aoi even says "What parent would name their child that?" Also Bee mentions later that Ju Joo actually means the total opposite. Or something like that.
Either way, there's "Ju" and "joo." One is a shortened name like Saya for Awasaya or Liz for Elizabeth. And the other is a nickname. However, I don't think many people that just meet her and hear her name is "Ju" know about "joo" though. Only those people who actually saw it written down that day. There's most likely a slight tonal difference too, like middle tone verses low but I can't really hear one. [Tones have to be exaggerated for me to notice immediately.] It would make sense if there is one, though because that would further the argument that Suea did it on purpose. I have no doubt he did, mainly because he's a clever cheeky boy that way but also, Ju was shocked when she saw it, then repeated herself and basically Aoi is right. However, to be fair, he could have just heard wrong ;)

Edited: Which in and of itself is comical cause what are people referring to her as? It would be so interesting if some people are calling her "Ju" and others "Joo" and if there's a switch. 'Cause that is certainly a narrative element that gets lost on us---- only if the pronunciation really is different.

picadrama

sarNie Egg
janea said:
@picadrama @72701 I actually define it in my recap. Lol. But how I understand it is, it's a matter of how the character is written. Think of homonyms in English. Which is probably the closest thing we have to something like this. The shortening of her name is "Ju" but Suea writes the character on her placard as "joo" which means shortened or be little, short in length(shriveled?) or "wee wee." Like what you'd call a penis. [I think GMMTV translated it as "wee wee" if I'm not mistaken.] That's why she didn't like the name and everyone was surprised by it. Aoi even says "What parent would name their child that?" Also Bee mentions later that Ju Joo actually means the total opposite. Or something like that.
Either way, there's "Ju" and "joo." One is a shortened name like Saya for Awasaya or Liz for Elizabeth. And the other is a nickname. However, I don't think many people that just meet her and hear her name is "Ju" know about "joo" though. Only those people who actually saw it written down that day. There's most likely a slight tonal difference too, like middle tone verses low but I can't really hear one. [Tones have to be exaggerated for me to notice immediately.] It would make sense if there is one, though because that would further the argument that Suea did it on purpose. I have no doubt he did, mainly because he's a clever cheeky boy that way but also, Ju was shocked when she saw it, then repeated herself and basically Aoi is right. However, to be fair, he could have just heard wrong ;)

Edited: Which in and of itself is comical cause what are people referring to her as? It would be so interesting if some people are calling her "Ju" and others "Joo" and if there's a switch. 'Cause that is certainly a narrative element that gets lost on us---- only if the pronunciation really is different.
Thanks for the clarification!

withunnichan

sarNie Hatchling
@72701 Are you talking about P'Max? Cause yea he did but it was a term of endearment. It was their thing. Many people say things like "my little piglet" or "piggy." It's supposed to be cute and sweet. Not derogatory. He doesn't mean "hog." I do find some endearing terms odd but that one was actually very understandable. There are many cultures that think little pigs are cute.

lovestar

sarNie Adult
Yesssss I want there to be a plot twist of seua being rich.
Anywho, latest episode was so interesting. They both looked hotttt
And teaser for next ep when seua pulls in joo for a kiss OH MY LORD

withunnichan

sarNie Hatchling
@Step Hehehe! There's plenty where that came from! Check out my tumblr and blog. The links are in my sig as well. I've been debating changing it but I really do love that moment.

Kayla

sarNie Adult
Where have I've been?? I was hungover and bored yesterday so decided to check out this serie and boy, am I hooked! Watched all 8 episodes in one day! I absolutely adore Push's character. He has a foul mouth but has a heart of gold! I like it that the cinematography feels more like a short film than a lakorn. But I think that's how it's supposed to be, right? It gives me the feel that I am watching a kdrama. Love it. It's such a light, easy serie to watch. No crazy rai characters that takes up too much air space like in lakorn. I adore Joo and Bee friendship. Very cute them two together! But yeah judging from the preview, looks like Seur is really a rich guy. I guess they both will be suprised because I don't think he knows that Joo is a khun nu either, unless I missed that part. But she even lied that her nanny is her aunt. Anyhow, I'm ready for epi 9 kiss scene! About time Seur and Joo claim each other and get over the angst!

Does anyone know what day epi 9 will air?

picadrama

sarNie Egg
Kayla said:
Where have I've been?? I was hungover and bored yesterday so decided to check out this serie and boy, am I hooked! Watched all 8 episodes in one day! I absolutely adore Push's character. He has a foul mouth but has a heart of gold! I like it that the cinematography feels more like a short film than a lakorn. But I think that's how it's supposed to be, right? It gives me the feel that I am watching a kdrama. Love it. It's such a light, easy serie to watch. No crazy rai characters that takes up too much air space like in lakorn. I adore Joo and Bee friendship. Very cute them two together! But yeah judging from the preview, looks like Seur is really a rich guy. I guess they both will be suprised because I don't think he knows that Joo is a khun nu either, unless I missed that part. But she even lied that her nanny is her aunt. Anyhow, I'm ready for epi 9 kiss scene! About time Seur and Joo claim each other and get over the angst!

Does anyone know what day epi 9 will air?
I don't think he knows! In episode 3, Seua tells Joo that him being poor makes it easy to see who really cares for him. Wow wow if only Ning knew what she missed out on :-D