Current food craze

Khatiya

sarNie Adult
I was craving for Korean Spicy Soft Tofu Soup and satified that craving yesterday by making a big pot (first attempt too!).

And now, I'm craving for Papaya Salad with Grill or Fried Quails.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
turkey sub sandwich lao style.

french bread, topped with turkey, cilantro, scallion, tomatoes, lettuce, chili peppers, salt & pepper, and hot sauce! Yummy!!

lady0fdarkness

Vietnamese sub sandwiches!! .... french bread glazed with pate, vietnamese bologna, pork fat and tendons, ham, pickled daikon, carrots, cucumber, and cilantro with hot chili peppers. And a nice glass of O-lieng. Oh my.............. :drool:

lady0fdarkness

A hot Seafood pot.

Mustard cabbage.... vermicelli noodles... shrimp... chicken... squid.... clams.... bean sprouts... scallions.....

Ohh.... how long do I have to dream!!!

lady0fdarkness

^^ Yes!! Tum Mak Houng w/kapoon noodles and pork skin and basil. Holy mole.. My mouth is watering.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
lol... when I want Kapoon, I usually call up my Mother.. and tell her what a wonderful cook she is and ohh.. how much I love her... then she'll say... come on over, I'll make Kapoon. hehe

I had green mangos the other day.. I ate it with both hot chili sauce and shrimp paste; by the time I was done with that, the shrimp paste container was nearly empty, cause I ate so much of it. Surprisingly, my stomach survived the impact. I was fine. :D

Ohhh... right now, I'm feeling rolls and rolls of summer rolls. vermmecili noodles, herbs, letuuce, pork/beef/or chicken, wrapped in soft rice paper. Then I'll dip it in a nice chili fish sauce with a hint of lime. Holy moli.. I'm so drooling. :drool:

OMG lome...you listed a bunch of good mouth-watering food...making me super drools....

i had some asian spring roll the other day...i cant wrap but i sure can eat em...like i havent eaten for days..and i was not nibbling like the n'ek in the lakorns neither ...i ate..lots of em LMAO did i mention it was delicious!!!
*what would we do without da fish sauce.???. :lol:

lady0fdarkness

haha.. yeah, I know what you mean Ami. The nang'aek nibbles her food while I'm sitting there drooling.. not over the pa'aek, but over the fry fish and soup in front of her. When Narin threw away her food, I was so mad... not cause she try to make pa'aek feel awful, but because I feel so bad that the food went to waste when I'm sitting there drooling up a river.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
haha.. yeah, I know what you mean Ami. The nang'aek nibbles her food while I'm sitting there drooling.. not over the pa'aek, but over the fry fish and soup in front of her. When Narin threw away her food, I was so mad... not cause she try to make pa'aek feel awful, but because I feel so bad that the food went to waste when I'm sitting there drooling up a river.

:loool: omg lome... i was too..i was so drooling at the tray of foods that he brought her..what a waste!!!! *you know she was drooling over that tray of food too...but she had a script to follow LOL

lady0fdarkness

I just hope it was fake food that she was throwing over and over again. Besides that... I always wanted to taste those colorful drinks that the servants bring out to the master and their guests.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
LOL them colorful drinks i know huh...even at the evening parties that the n'ek and p'ek goes to..they serves them there too..

but i really believed it was them fanta's drink..it comes in all different colors...or i could be wrong!

lady0fdarkness

Lab Gai (Lao Chircken salad)

Chopped grilled chicken tossed with bean sprouts, scallions, lemon grass, ginger, galanga, gizzards, chicken skin, ground chili, limes, fish sauce, MSG, salt, sugar.... and garnish it with cilantro and eat it with gabbage, chili peppers, cucumbers.

Oh boy......... I really need to go home to Momma!!

teeRuk

^^YuMMy^^
i want some som tum with bbq chicken and stick rice!!!! oooohhh can't forget about the sweet rice with mango...........mmmmmmmmmmmmmm yummy!!!

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
omg one of my "junk" food craving has been fulfilled...the banana split ..thingy i mention the other day..i finally got one today after kickboxing class!!! looks delicious btw.....

what next!! *looks at lome..shes listing all the good stuff.. :p

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
kick boxing class? Cool... !! You must be so fit...

me fit?...no actually im not LOL that is one of the reason why i am taking the class..to try to stay fit..and other one was my little sister who insisted on taking it with her. i could have earn some belts...5 or so yrs ago..but i was avoiding it..til now. and no i was not planning on getting any belt neither...im too old ..i just wanna stay fit thats all..it really is good exercise..and the techniques..man..i just wanna try to use it in real life..but then..ppl nowadays doesnt use just their hands LOL

today my mom made eggs rolls..the min i walked in the house..i was hit with the smell of fish sauce..dont know why it smell so strong..im like the weird one in the family who doesnt like egg rolls..

i love spring rolls though..gosh im craving for some again...and hmm..let see what the asian store have..

nina07

sarNie Adult
^haha. me too. I ate some on our fam vacation to see our family up north and it was soooo good. i love our lao sweet sauce that we dip it in! :p