Current food craze

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Chocolate....lots and lots of chocolate. Chocolate chip cookies, chocolate bars, chocolate ice cream, and even double chocolate chip frap.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
Nam sounds so good right now.

Crispy roasted rice all minced up with nam sausage, pork, pork skin, curry, lots and lots of herbs and garnishes. Then wrpaaped in lettuce and is eaten with peppers.

*wipes drool*

nina07

sarNie Adult
^haha. i just ate that like an hour ago. ^_^ really good. *drools*

right now, i want some more of what i finished eating. lol.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I made some but I'm not satisfied. It doesn't taste the same as the one my mom makes. :(
The grocery store didn't even have unrippen papaya or Thai chilies!

I'm craving some fried banana now.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
this thread is really bad...making me super drool..i had som tam yesterday..too bad i didnt have any pork rines..with me ..wouldnt it be funny sitting at a thai restuarant eating som tam with your own pork rines...

i am so craving for some bbq ribs...with potatoe salad/green salad..and a glass of coke!

for desserts..i am craving for some smashed banana wrapped in egg roll shells..its the best thing ever.. fried banana coconut/or vanilla ice cream will do too.. ^_^

Jean

sarNie Juvenile
I had kaopoon and papaya salad yesterday. It was so good, now I want some more. I'm also craving nam kao. I'll be making it for my cousin's housewarming party at the end of the month, but I can't wait. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I can never get tired of eating it, but it takes too long to make.

lady0fdarkness

right now, I'm thinking lobster. There's a "Boston Lobster Feast" here in Florida, it's all you can eat lobster for $30 per person. The last time that I went there, I bought my own chilli sauce, and it had padek (fermented fish sauce) in there. The waiter was like, what's that smell? :loool:

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
LMAO lome...why o why do you make it sound soooo good..my mouth is so watering right now!

the waiter ask..so what was your answer? :lol:

i brought my own fish sauce to an oyster feeding once myself..it was delicious!!! speaking of which..i need to find the next crab/shrimp feed...*i also need to get me a bib from all of this scrumptious menus..

ijohn

sarNie Adult
right now, I'm thinking lobster. There's a "Boston Lobster Feast" here in Florida, it's all you can eat lobster for $30 per person. The last time that I went there, I bought my own chilli sauce, and it had padek (fermented fish sauce) in there. The waiter was like, what's that smell? :loool:
Padek!!! OMG you silly girl---lmao@U

current craze in my quest to be more healthy on the edge,,, steamed food!!! i ran out a few minutes ago to get some zuccini, red potatos, red oinons and stake to steam with garlic and rosemary erbs,,, it does taste good---mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ChenrukNote

Goddess
I had kaopoon and papaya salad yesterday. It was so good, now I want some more. I'm also craving nam kao. I'll be making it for my cousin's housewarming party at the end of the month, but I can't wait. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I can never get tired of eating it, but it takes too long to make.

Mmmm I had papaya salad yesterday too. It was delicious. I have a question about what nam kao is though? It sounds yummmm.

Jean

sarNie Juvenile
Mmmm I had papaya salad yesterday too. It was delicious. I have a question about what nam kao is though? It sounds yummmm.
It's fried rice where the rice is mixed with shredded coconut, ground pork, eggs, and seasoning. Then you makes balls out of them and then deep fry them. After it's cooled off, you break it up and mix it with nam sausage, lime, cilantro, green onions, peanuts. Then you can eat it by wrapping it in lettuce leaves and deep fried peppers. It's really good. I want some now. :drool:

ChenrukNote

Goddess
It's fried rice where the rice is mixed with shredded coconut, ground pork, eggs, and seasoning. Then you makes balls out of them and then deep fry them. After it's cooled off, you break it up and mix it with nam sausage, lime, cilantro, green onions, peanuts. Then you can eat it by wrapping it in lettuce leaves and deep fried peppers. It's really good. I want some now. :drool:
Gosh that sounds soooo good. Thanks for sharing ^_^. I loveeeeee coconut.

lady0fdarkness

LMAO lome...why o why do you make it sound soooo good..my mouth is so watering right now!

the waiter ask..so what was your answer? :lol:

i brought my own fish sauce to an oyster feeding once myself..it was delicious!!! speaking of which..i need to find the next crab/shrimp feed...*i also need to get me a bib from all of this scrumptious menus..
I told him that it was a kind fish sauce; my favorite condiment!

Padek!!! OMG you silly girl---lmao@U

current craze in my quest to be more healthy on the edge,,, steamed food!!! i ran out a few minutes ago to get some zuccini, red potatos, red oinons and stake to steam with garlic and rosemary erbs,,, it does taste good---mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
MMMmm.... Sometimes I crave healthy steamed food too. After you eat it, you feel full, but light.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
ahhh gosh that nam kao stuff sounds complicated...dont you just hate it ..it takes so long to make and only mins to get eaten...and if its not to their taste you get criticized too.??!!

anyone know if there is any laos food restuarant in town or nearby town that is...i wanna try this food! i would settle for an esan style restuarant too..

Jean

sarNie Juvenile
ahhh gosh that nam kao stuff sounds complicated...dont you just hate it ..it takes so long to make and only mins to get eaten...and if its not to their taste you get criticized too.??!!

anyone know if there is any laos food restuarant in town or nearby town that is...i wanna try this food! i would settle for an esan style restuarant too..
I know it takes a long time to make--but so quick to eat it. That's why I only make it on special occassions unless I'm really craving it, I'll make it. My cousin loves it when my sis and I make it, but he doesn't like the nam sausge so he prefers it with ham which isn't bad at all.