[Ch3] Ka Badin (Tv Scene)

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
byebye said:
My favorite dessert is fried banana with ice cream. We went to this Thai buffet the other day.it was really good and the owner is super sweet. She's very personal with her customers. She came by our table many times askin my little one if he likes the the food, he answered shyly, NO.

She was like what do you like I'll make it for you. You want some fry eggs, stir fry vegetables lol. My son is kind of a vegetarian so he ends up eating rice with watermelon. She ends up bringing him a plate of watermelon before other customers show up. I love their basil stir fry chicken.
I eat rice with watermelon and my friends think I'm weird. I told them to try it and they liked it. HAHA. 

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I don't like the juice from the watermelon making the rice taste weird and soft. My son loves rice with mangoes too.

When I was able to eat pepper...I have a monthly craving for salt/pepper with garlic, sugar, tamarind powder and dry shrimp. Mixed it all together and it's the best thing ever.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Mahalo said:
Yeah. Teochew is a Chinese dialect that isn't very popular. Most people from Southeast Asia are part Teochew because they migrated there. The Chinese that you hear in Thai lakorns is actually Teochew. Ah Kong (grandpa), Hea (brother), etc is not Cantonese or Mandarin. I don't speak Teochew but my grandpa was full Teochew. He never had the opportunity to teach my mom because he was busy working. I never knew what kind of Chinese I was until I met a fellow Teochew classmate. Lol.   
It took me a while to find out what kind of Chinese my grandpa were because Khmer don't say Teochew, they pronoun it "ga-jiew". When I talk to Chinese ppl, they never knew what that means. I learned it from these guys. Lol

https://youtu.be/ufWHWLG2bxw

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Koy123 said:
It took me a while to find out what kind of Chinese my grandpa were because Khmer don't say Teochew, they pronoun it "ga-jiew". When I talk to Chinese ppl, they never knew what that means. I learned it from these guys. Lol

https://youtu.be/ufWHWLG2bxw
Yes, we call it "ga-jiew" in Khmer. The English word is Teochew. 

chief_lim

sarNie Egg
so we are all 'ga gi nang' lol
a few years back we even went back to china -chaozhou (chao an) to visit our ancestors house

can't wait for tonite's wedding nite scene!!!

fun

Expired Sarnie
I don't know why I can't ever get into these kind of lakorn. I either FF throughout the lakorn or skip episode. 

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Just fast-forward to the pranangs. That's what I do for BR and this. Lol. Luckily, this lakorn has a lot of scenes with our pranangs so I don't have to FF much.

fun

Expired Sarnie
In Khun Seuk and Banrajun, I did the same too. But for BR, I skipped the pranangs and focused on the other couples lol In Khun Seuk, I skipped episodes. I went from episode 1,5, 9 to the end lol

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Mmmm dessert. I don't like the jelly ones all that much but the rest is yummy!

The yellow/gold ball dessert is called thong yot. These are yummy, I've tried them once. Mostly used in wedding ceremonies. There are nine special desserts for weddings which is supposed to bring luck to the couple.

ugh, hungry for some now. Lol

lilyalana

sarNie Hatchling
byebye said:
When I was able to eat pepper...I have a monthly craving for salt/pepper with garlic, sugar, tamarind powder and dry shrimp. Mixed it all together and it's the best thing ever.

you eat that with sour mango. yum~~~ best feeling in the world  :thumbsup:

cr google

what are these called in Thai? in Malay, its called buah tanjung. i think this is a palace dessert cuz i saw granma in SBJ series made this. you can mostly only find this in Kelantan, Malaysia during ramadhan month. back in those days, when Kelantan used to be ruled under Siam, Kelantan would send these dessert along with money and gifts to the Siam's kings. because of that, many of the cultural things in Kelantan is quite similar to the Thais.

tgamber

sarNie Adult
Oh, I need to rewatch Cherry's lakorn with Smart for thai desserts. But it's cruel way to spend time with Smart's terrible gangster acting.

morningdawn

sarNie Hatchling
im not liking the preview for tonite :(  kabadin is meant to end on sunday but its thats the storyline still has alot left .....plz extent the episodes

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
lilyalana said:

you eat that with sour mango. yum~~~ best feeling in the world  :thumbsup:

cr google

what are these called in Thai? in Malay, its called buah tanjung. i think this is a palace dessert cuz i saw granma in SBJ series made this. you can mostly only find this in Kelantan, Malaysia during ramadhan month. back in those days, when Kelantan used to be ruled under Siam, Kelantan would send these dessert along with money and gifts to the Siam's kings. because of that, many of the cultural things in Kelantan is quite similar to the Thais.
those are thong yod named after the color and the way it is cooked which is dropping a spoon of it into boiling sugar water. Yod means gently dropping. There's also thong yip which is like a cup and you yip or pinched the four sides into the middle. Third one is called thong muan which is strings and you just bundled them up. I don't like it as much because it is too sweet.

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Bua makes Haym sound like a purse... or a shoe. Like something she cast aside when she didn't like it, but when someone else wants it, she takes interest and gets stingy and greedy.

OHOaddict

The Dahlia Goddess
Had to rewatch ep 15 of Mae Ka Khanom Wan to get more info khanom thai. Hehe Roy Jan hoo.

Bua is terrible. One honorable thing will never be enough. She'll always be looking for her next big fix.