[Ch3] Duang Jai Tewa Prom Series (Unknown)

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
You guys shoud just create an IG "Duang Jai Tewapom Series" then post the couples you want in each series and tag all the ch3 producers, the head boss, and their official ch3 page.

Oh and dont forget to tag and hashtag the stars and their official fcs too.

Last edited:

Fikachu

Good to be back!
You guys shoud just create an IG "Duang Jai Tewapom Series" then post the couples you want in each series and tag all the ch3 producers, the head boss, and their official ch3 page.

Oh and dont forget to tag and hashtag the stars and their official fcs too.
Hmm...I guess we'll do that once we have posted the petition up:confused12:Thank you for the advice @KitKat516 :)Btw, do you know who is the head boss?

Xiongurl26

sarNie Oldmaid
@Fikachu and @S.J.M love the ideas ladies! I follow one of the bosses at Ch3 on IG but I forget which one so let me go look.

I think doing at what KitKat said will also help with the petition. It in a way is still a petition if we do so bc if a lot of ppl are on board and start tagging and sharing we might get the recognition of this series. IG is the medium for Thai Social Media so even if we don't have exact pairings we want we should come up with some and trying doing the IG thing. Anywho, that's just my 2 cents. I am still down with looking at that petition.

Fikachu

Good to be back!
@Fikachu and @S.J.M love the ideas ladies! I follow one of the bosses at Ch3 on IG but I forget which one so let me go look.

I think doing at what KitKat said will also help with the petition. It in a way is still a petition if we do so bc if a lot of ppl are on board and start tagging and sharing we might get the recognition of this series. IG is the medium for Thai Social Media so even if we don't have exact pairings we want we should come up with some and trying doing the IG thing. Anywho, that's just my 2 cents. I am still down with looking at that petition.
Hmm...call me crazy but I was also thinking of sending/tagging those news/media shows i.e. tkbtkb entertainment, morning news tv3 etc. Then this petition, if picked up as interesting news by the media we tagged/sent to, will be made known even to those without social media like the older age group.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart

Yeah if lots of thai fans start sharing the ig imagine and all of the big FC’s strat posting it as well, it will get lots of recognition. IG will help a lot!

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
In order for the petition to happen you gotta create a buzz through the fcs. One or two petition won't do anything. The fcs in Thailand can make a bigger buzz than people outside.
Yup the big FC’s have the power in Thailand to get things done. They don’t really care for any international fans. Ch3’s main focus is Thailand only

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
Make sure you guys tag all the fcs that the stars follow because those are their big fanclubs who follows them around and part of their meet n greet events. I mean even if those stars are not the final cast but at least they helped with wakening the productions.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Make sure you guys tag all the fcs that the stars follow because those are their big fanclubs who follows them around and part of their meet n greet events. I mean even if those stars are not the final cast but at least they helped with wakening the productions.
Yes please! Just go to all of the big newbie stars ig’s and look at their followers list. Then tag all the FC’s they follow. I also recommend tagging the original SJ cast and their FC’s as well since I’m pretty they will all make an appearance in the lakorn at some point.

Fikachu

Good to be back!
In order for the petition to happen you gotta create a buzz through the fcs. One or two petition won't do anything. The fcs in Thailand can make a bigger buzz than people outside.
Yeah if lots of thai fans start sharing the ig imagine and all of the big FC’s strat posting it as well, it will get lots of recognition. IG will help a lot!
Yup the big FC’s have the power in Thailand to get things done. They don’t really care for any international fans. Ch3’s main focus is Thailand only
Reading your posts, I'm starting to think that maybe we should place the Thai first then the English part of the petition. Since the majority of audience we are trying to encourage to sign are the Thai people.

Fikachu

Good to be back!
@Xiongurl26 @KitKat516 @SuzieJ Thanks guys, all of these are good points that we have to keep in mind. But we should decide how we should phrase what we are going to write on the petition first:) Has anyone started maybe a line or two? Or gathered data for SJ series?

I found these which I think can help vouch for their popularity:
http://www.ch3thailand.com/news/drama/1917
https://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/learning-news/355353/learn-thai-named-for-the-stars
https://prachatai.com/journal/2013/07/47586 [I think this one is a good one but we need a Thai reader to summarise this. The writer was trying to find out why the SJ series was so popular. He mentioned history, included quotes from the novels and mentions social issues and social class.]
https://www.tcijthai.com/news/2013/07/scoop/2796 [This one mentions several factors that contribute to popularity of SJ series]
http://www.komchadluek.net/news/knowledge/159966 [Results of a survey finding out perceptions of men and women of media portrayal after the airing of KC Puttipat]
http://ithesis-ir.su.ac.th/dspace/bitstream/123456789/1043/1/55208302 ณัฐรดา เบ้าคำ.pdf & https://tci-thaijo.org/index.php/abc/article/download/52980/44004/
[These are examples that SJ series has even become a source of analysis for university students even 3 years after it has been aired]

Last edited:

sarNie Adult

Guys, i like this endeavor but, just to put things into perspective, the production
Companies, or even ch3 for that matter will make a project to make money. They need ratings. Ratings translate to advertisement and more money. The target market of ch3 shows are Thai people. It has to be relevant and interesting enough for PEOPLE IN THAILAND to watch because they don't make lakorns for export. Export or airing it in Netflix or other countries is a secondary option. So the management will act upon what's hot IN THAILAND.

Honestly, i don't know the trend among the locals now, but for this petition to fly, it must be something they want and ch3 can make a money out of. It's a sad reality. You have to also consider the marketability of this plot and the actors you wish to portray them. So far ch3 has been putting forth relative newbies in their lineup but haven't been generating that much buzz. So i don't know how they will receive campaigns from outside Thailand. So I agree with Kitkat. Before trying to get the higher-ups at ch3, you have to start with the local Thai FC to make buzz and make this appear like a good prospect for the investors (i.e. Ch3.)

-edit- actually, not just the fc. One thing i learned about Thailand when i visited was that the locals, surprisingly, didn't really watch lakorns that much. There were some locals who I talked to who didn't even know what I was talking about (when talking about lakorns or daras). Some, i noticed, even looked down on their local Thai ET. There were some commercial successes like Bhuppae Sanniwat where even non FC thai people knew about it and actually watched it. So that's the kind of project or marketing opportunity that ch3 is looking for.

Last edited:

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Guys, i like this endeavor but, just to put things into perspective, the production
Companies, or even ch3 for that matter will make a project to make money. They need ratings. Ratings translate to advertisement and more money. The target market of ch3 shows are Thai people. It has to be relevant and interesting enough for PEOPLE IN THAILAND to watch because they don't make lakorns for export. Export or airing it in Netflix or other countries is a secondary option. So the management will act upon what's hot IN THAILAND.

Honestly, i don't know the trend among the locals now, but for this petition to fly, it must be something they want and ch3 can make a money out of. It's a sad reality. You have to also consider the marketability of this plot and the actors you wish to portray them. So far ch3 has been putting forth relative newbies in their lineup but haven't been generating that much buzz. So i don't know how they will receive campaigns from outside Thailand. So I agree with Kitkat. Before trying to get the higher-ups at ch3, you have to start with the local Thai FC to make buzz and make this appear like a good prospect for the investors (i.e. Ch3.)
Yeah Ch3’s main focus is Thailand! They don’t really care to listen to fans from other countries sadly. I think making the IG posts and tagging large FC’s is good for now

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart

-edit- actually, not just the fc. One thing i learned about Thailand when i visited was that the locals, surprisingly, didn't really watch lakorns that much. There were some locals who I talked to who didn't even know what I was talking about (when talking about lakorns or daras). Some, i noticed, even looked down on their local Thai ET. There were some commercial successes like Bhuppae Sanniwat where even non FC thai people knew about it and actually watched it. So that's the kind of project or marketing opportunity that ch3 is looking for.
Thats why ch7 keep winning because Bangkok locals dont really watch lakorn much and the ones in other province mostly know ch7.

Xiongurl26

sarNie Oldmaid
I really do agree. Being here for a month in Central Thailand, you don't really hear anyone talking about it. They know it but you can tell they can careless about it. If I ask about it, they only mention a few or likewise just talk about "Or Jao". They don't even say BPS lol. The only time I've connected is with those FC's who I also can't keep up with haha. They are strongly dedicated.

Fikachu

Good to be back!
I really do agree. Being here for a month in Central Thailand, you don't really hear anyone talking about it. They know it but you can tell they can careless about it. If I ask about it, they only mention a few or likewise just talk about "Or Jao". They don't even say BPS lol. The only time I've connected is with those FC's who I also can't keep up with haha. They are strongly dedicated.
Did you ask them about SJ Series?I wonder if 5 years after it aired people still remember it.
Yeah Ch3’s main focus is Thailand! They don’t really care to listen to fans from other countries sadly. I think making the IG posts and tagging large FC’s is good for now
The things is, IG posts have been made where people suggest actors for the roles. Yet, no news of a chance of it to be produced have come out til now. That's why I think we should do something else than just IG posts. OR, change the way we post info through IG? People post pics of the actors they want to portray with the character titles. How about we post something inciting like asking 'why is this not produced?' with the pic of the books or something and tag all the FCs....I'm merely making suggestions.
But the thing we have to note is....what ever we do/post as, it has to seem like it's from a local Thai person. It'll have more impact that way.

The thing is, BPS wasn't even predicted to be that popular. I think luck played a part there and it wasn't easy to even get to this point because talks about producing it started waaayyyy long ago. My point is, we can't really predict how well received this may be. We need to know what the current trend is. Our disadvantage as outsiders/ foreigners is that we are not the local Thai people, therefore, we don't exactly know what the locals would look out for when watching or what would entice them to watch.

...Oooohhh I'm getting a headache just thinking about this...

Is it possible to ask a few local Thais from the FCs questions like did they watch SJ series? What did they think of it? Would they watch the sequel if they produced one?