[Ch3] Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat (Broadcast Thai) : Pope Thanawat / Bella Ranee

bit

sarNie Adult
As long as BPS still collecting awards I think this thread going to be active for a long time.

And not to mention it being on Netflix giving it more exposure. People are falling for the drama again.

Rosi2

Samee's wifey #42
Back in here after a long time and so happy this thread is still around and active (though not much hee). Patiently waiting for BPS2 and before that, Pope n Bella's modern drama!
We're still here! But of course moved on elsewhere on & off watching the other stories. Will Khun P be more handsome in BPS2 you think? He'll probably be more aware now of his biceps & working out! So no need for his 6/7/8-pack make-up for the royal court scenes.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
I just started watching this on Netflix last night. (Title is "Love Destiny".) Man, I just wished the episodes were shorter but the first episode was such a ride.

I believe this is the first Channel 3 drama on Netflix right? I hope they add "Kleun Cheewit" too. It was aired here in the Philippines, but we are notorious for cutting so many scenes in foreign dramas and some even goes off the air even before the finale was aired.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Saw some book reviews of Prom Likit and here's what people seem to generally agree on.
The negatives: Way too similar to BPS-not just tone but down to some scenes even; BPS is obviously better; story seems slow at beginning; plot is weak
The positives: Answers or at least tries to answer some of the questions left hanging in BPS like the history behind the "spell," backstory of Kadesurang/Karakade and how its tied to the spell and why there's time traveling

What is different: N'ek (name is Putthan) situation when she travels back in time-she's a poor character so the focus is different. Not as much high level historical politics as BPS but more focused on everyday life and trying to make a living. There's still a bunch of "cooking" scenes but also farming, making cosmetics, etc. P'ek, (Por Rit-2nd twin) is more aggressive when it comes to romance, still a gentleman but very open about pursuing n'ek

Random stuff
-Our BPS couple has a big role in the story (not sure if they'll have Pope/Bella play the older parents here or if they'll get some older actors?)
-In story Putthan does look like Karakade and characters point it out (so it's not just letting Bella play n'ek again but there's an in story reason why the look alike)
-There's a huge cast of side characters and unlike BPS, they're not all historical figures or based on historical figures
-Not enough scenes with the older twin brother

MKfan132

sarNie Coma
Saw some book reviews of Prom Likit and here's what people seem to generally agree on.
The negatives: Way too similar to BPS-not just tone but down to some scenes even; BPS is obviously better; story seems slow at beginning; plot is weak
The positives: Answers or at least tries to answer some of the questions left hanging in BPS like the history behind the "spell," backstory of Kadesurang/Karakade and how its tied to the spell and why there's time traveling

What is different: N'ek (name is Putthan) situation when she travels back in time-she's a poor character so the focus is different. Not as much high level historical politics as BPS but more focused on everyday life and trying to make a living. There's still a bunch of "cooking" scenes but also farming, making cosmetics, etc. P'ek, (Por Rit-2nd twin) is more aggressive when it comes to romance, still a gentleman but very open about pursuing n'ek

Random stuff
-Our BPS couple has a big role in the story (not sure if they'll have Pope/Bella play the older parents here or if they'll get some older actors?)
-In story Putthan does look like Karakade and characters point it out (so it's not just letting Bella play n'ek again but there's an in story reason why the look alike)
-There's a huge cast of side characters and unlike BPS, they're not all historical figures or based on historical figures
Thanks for sharing.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
They made a full mv for this commercial. Now, I want to see Bella and Tor pair up!

lamchieu

sarNie Adult

Random stuff
I hope the script writter do better or we'll get a lot to concern about PL

MKfan132

sarNie Coma
They made a full mv for this commercial. Now, I want to see Bella and Tor pair up!

Me to.

lindajasmine

sarNie Egg
Hi, I'm Jasmine and I'm a new fan of BPS. English is not my first language so I'm sorry for my grammatical error/spelling mistakes. I registered to this forum only because of BPS. That meant a lot I guess.... how obsess I am with BPS or how crazy I am with Phor Date! The swooniest and the most adorable heroes I’ve ever seen! How I wish in this real time real world there is a lots....lots and lots of Phor Date in our life :aaaaa:

Does anyone knows where I can read the novel/book (english) version of BPS or does anyone did the english translation of the novel/book version?

Last edited:

bit

sarNie Adult
Hi, I'm Jasmine and I'm a new fan of BPS. English is not my first language so I'm sorry for my grammatical error/spelling mistakes. I registered to this forum only because of BPS. That meant a lot I guess.... how obsess I am with BPS or how crazy I am with Phor Date! The swooniest and the most adorable heroes I’ve ever seen! How I wish in this real time real world there is a lots....lots and lots of Phor Date in our life :aaaaa:

Does anyone knows where I can read the novel/book (english) version of BPS or does anyone did the english translation of the novel/book version?
Welcome, it’s heartwarming to see people still falling for BPS/Love Destiny

Next week it is going to be shown on Korean channel.

Unfortunately there is no English translation of the book. There are some explaination on Por Date behaviour like why he keeps getting drunk at the market everyday.

If you go back in this thread there are spoilers thread that discuss the difference between what in the book and the drama.

Anyway welcome.

June31sg

sarNie Hatchling
Ladies, I am back from Bangkok but cannot find anything on Pope. The only consolation is that, his latest Nescafe commercial keeps playing on those big screen in Pratunam outside the buildings.
7-Eleven has no product with Pope's face on their packaging.
BamBam of Got7 is everywhere though. Many products have his face. Even the girl at the cashier told me Bambam is her 1st love... Haha..

June31sg

sarNie Hatchling

Random stuff
Thanks for the update. I really do not like sequels as they usually don't live up to expectations. It has been more than a year b4 BPS is going places. First on Netflix, now Korea. Thought China would be the 1st place to screen outside Thailand :facepalm: Anyway, as long as BPS is going places, this thread will thrive :cheer::aaaaa:

June31sg

sarNie Hatchling

Welcome, welcome.... this thread is not as active as it used to be, but I believe you will like it and stay :thumbup:

bit

sarNie Adult
Ladies, I am back from Bangkok but cannot find anything on Pope. The only consolation is that, his latest Nescafe commercial keeps playing on those big screen in Pratunam outside the buildings.
7-Eleven has no product with Pope's face on their packaging.
BamBam of Got7 is everywhere though. Many products have his face. Even the girl at the cashier told me Bambam is her 1st love... Haha..
It’s amazing how Korean has taken on the ET world and it started with drama like Autumn in My heart.

Now their KPOP is thriving and they take on people like Bambam and Lisa to make it blend with local culture.

It was worth the investment .