❤️ Various ET News

nat12

sarNie Adult
I always thought Mai was obnoxious, now she proves I was right all this time lol But why the hell Margie did hang out with this girls anyway? I thought she’s close with Yaya and Kim…
I was wondering that too. I’m guessing it’s cos Margie is close with Mint, and Mint and Mai have been close too recently. Mint and Mai have been close to Mew too, judging from appearances on their YouTube channels. I don’t follow their channels, just glimpse a bit here and there when yt algorithm pushes them to me lol.

I haven’t kept up with their lives so much that I didn’t even realise Mai now refers to herself as Davi, instead of Mai. :confused0:

If I am Bella or whomever the artist, I would be a bit miffed, having your colleagues talks about you the Mint, Mew and Mai were doing in a video to their fans. It’s been almost 10 years and they still regard that as some big issue, when as dara that is something quite common in their world and everybody was quite young and new.
Yes, exactly. And the way they spoke like it the person talked about was totally in the wrong, and why are they bringing up something from years ago which should not have any bearing on their current lives? I think netizens who have been the victim of gossip empathise.

nat12

sarNie Adult
I remember during a ch3 concert practice, Margie was kind of rude to Kim telling her to stop eating or she won't fit into her outfit and Mark starts singing how is Kim gaining weight any of her business. I never liked Margie and seeing her behave all these years cemented my feelings for her. They all need to get off their high horse.
Oh, I remember that clip! But was Margie really rude in doing that? I thought they were all just joking around.

Man, the Ch3 anniversary event this month might be quiiiiite interesting. I’m not sure how involved Margie, Mint and Mew will be in the event? Cos for the football teams, Ch3 seem to only be pushing the new gen actors.

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
I still like Mai! Sometimes we do stupid stuff. We all have positives and negatives about ourselves. And we live and we learn. Sometimes we make a mistake more than once. Sometimes we learn from others’ mistakes & sometimes we have to be the ones to make those mistakes to learn. It’s called being human. Celebrities are in the spotlight and they are human and are imperfect. The pressure they receive to be spotless can be overwhelming. Can’t please nobody in this dang world, really, ppl will always find something to say.

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
Like in that one video where ppl said Mai was getting too skinny, she was joking that she’s too skinny and something like if she ate fries then ppl would still talk and be unsatisfied. So either way she loses.

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
The pressure for celebrities to be perfect can lead to depression and anxiety, suicide, etc. & we’re already so tough on ourselves already, especially us women ! I feel we shouldn’t be so judgmental and forgive too.

*DramaCuties*

sarNie Egg
After watching some clip and reading explanation here, what we can learn:
1. We dont know these celeb personally. We dont know how they really are off camera. Its ok to like a celebrity but don't get too attach.
2. As a celeb they need to be careful with what they say. But watching that clip i really think it was a non deliberate mistake. This matter can actually just end with a normal casual talk of "i met various type of people in my 10 yrs working in this industry" -end-. However,
3. Netizen/fan keep spreading and making things bigger. Of course its impossible to control netizen but idk how about just learn to let it go. After this im 100% sure that everyone will be wary with not only with Mai and friends but also Bella. It cant be help. Its the effect of this scandal. Again i wont say anyone is bad/good. We just dont know their personality or what happen behind the scene.

Last edited:

Amikou

Sharp-tongued Siberian diva
I still like Mai! Sometimes we do stupid stuff. We all have positives and negatives about ourselves. And we live and we learn. Sometimes we make a mistake more than once. Sometimes we learn from others’ mistakes & sometimes we have to be the ones to make those mistakes to learn. It’s called being human. Celebrities are in the spotlight and they are human and are imperfect. The pressure they receive to be spotless can be overwhelming. Can’t please nobody in this dang world, really, ppl will always find something to say.
Yes, we do stupid stuff lol but we are ordinary people, not celebrities like this gang. And as a star, Mai should set an example for the fans, instead she gossips about an issue that happened like 10 yrs ago. Maybe it’s just me, but I find this wrong, sorry.

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
I didn’t read Mai’s apology, but hopefully she learns and grows up and makes changes.

This is why I don’t look up to many famous people. Lol sometimes I find they’re even more messed up than me. I like celebrities like Keanu Reeves, who’s humble and remains very ordinary but isn’t ordinary hehe.

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
The thing too is that if I were famous, I’d hate feeling like I have to live up to people’s standards and vision of who they think I am. I would be so irritated, like being placed in a box. I like being me, thanks. :thumbup:

byebye

sarNie OldFart
You trade your soul for money and fame being a celebrity. It's rare where you truly get to keep your identity. You will not be the person before you enter the industry, especially nowadays where any celebrities can get canceled. In a sense, you shape yourself to be what the fans think they want you to be...because your life isn't yours completely, but share it with the world.

There's no such thing as privacy being a celebrity, none. In some cases they aren't even treated as human, but an object. Those that wants to be human and treated just like ordinary folks are in the wrong profession. I'm sure they know that. You can't ask for fans to leave you alone while making money off of them. Unfortunately, those two come hand in hand. You can never be super famous, make millions and ask the fans to treat you normal. That will never ever happen.

And anything a celebrity does will always have the possibility it will be 10xs more scrutinize than anyone else. It's amazing how they keep on forgetting that.

Last edited:

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
off the thread topic but Lol imagine looking like a celebrity… I would dislike that! People would expect you to BE like that person. Why do people do that? Like not let people just be free to be who they choose to be? It’s like their dreams and world will come crumbling down if the person isn’t like what they expect, which is none of the person’s problem in the first place :pancarta: & then there are others who actually don’t mind being like that celebrity and try to mimic him or her.

Last edited:

nat12

sarNie Adult
3. Netizen/fan keep spreading and making things bigger. Of course its impossible to control netizen but idk how about just learn to let it go. After this im 100% sure that everyone will be wary with not only with Mai and friends but also Bella. It cant be help. Its the effect of this scandal. Again i wont say anyone is bad/good. We just dont know their personality or what happen behind the scene.
I think in this particular case, the netizens are already pretty restrained. The whole thing has generally died down with Mai’s apology. I feel like Matt got hit harder in that recent issue with Aum. The online war between Bella’s and Weir’s fans were much worse after their breakup announcement and when W’s wedding was rumoured. This video was released just at the same time Bella had 2 media appearances being released at the same time (on Woody & Today Show). On top social media posts about her recent experience at Milan Fashion Week. So all that fed into the trends on social media.

We never know the true personality of any celebrity, heck, even any person. All of us have different sides to us, and we don’t show all sides to everyone all the time. I actually I don’t even care who celeb are friends with, who they follow on IG, I just watch their work. The thing is these celebs with yt channels - their channel is considered part of their work.

I know a lot of netizens have said a lot of things (many unfair) about the girls. Yes, it’s a mistake. I don’t really know enough about their personalities, but all my judgement is based on their actions in that video. This wasn’t a hidden camera footage. For a video that was planned, recorded and edited, this whole saga could have been avoided on so many levels. And at the beginning when Mai was being hit by criticism from the video she even told netizens not to create drama. So I think that reveals a part of her character which I think she needs to reflect on and change.

nat12

sarNie Adult
off the thread topic but Lol imagine looking like a celebrity… I would dislike that! People would expect you to BE like that person. Why do people do that? Like not let people just be free to be who they choose to be? It’s like their dreams and world will come crumbling down if the person isn’t like what they expect, which is none of the person’s problem in the first place :pancarta: & then there are others who actually don’t mind being like that celebrity and try to mimic them.
It’s a psychological thing. Because fans don’t actually see the person, they only see their idea of that person. We can’t quite blame them, because the celebrity’s entire identity and image is created, curated and managed. Most fans also only see the celebrity through various media, not in real life 24/7, so that image of the celebrity in their mind is constantly reinforced.:) Basically celebrities become like movie or book characters in fans’ minds, not actual people.

fallenangel12345

sarNie Hatchling
I know everyone gossips sometimes but keep that behind closed doors! It just looks extremely unprofessional, no matter if you are a celeb or you do something else. Like I won't want a teacher who constantly talks sh*t about their colleagues to teach my children, because very likely they will do that do them also. Like @nat12 said, the prim and proper n'ek image that those actresses have built over so many years has just crumbled in front of their eyes the moment the video was posted

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
Imagine if gossiping stopped and things were said directly to the person. For me, instead of gossiping abt me, I’d rather have the person talk to me straight to my face like an adult . Rather than behind my back and then to my face act like we’re all cool. If you have something to say, have the guts to tell it to the person’s face! Hahahaaaaaa Then we’d be watching entertaining as dramas.

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
Imagine if gossiping stopped and things were said directly to the person. For me, instead of gossiping abt me, I’d rather have the person talk to me straight to my face like an adult . Rather than behind my back and then to my face act like we’re all cool. If you have something to say, have the guts to tell it to the person’s face! Hahahaaaaaa Then we’d be watching entertaining as dramas.
Agreed. This just makes life easier. You got a problem, tell me, maybe we can finally work on it and get a solution. My kind of attitude.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Imagine if gossiping stopped and things were said directly to the person. For me, instead of gossiping abt me, I’d rather have the person talk to me straight to my face like an adult .
What? How dare we expect adults to behave like mature adults especially in professional settings.;)

bit

sarNie Adult
Well.. as Asians we are rather reserved in that sense, we seldom dare to criticise people at their face value unlike Westerners.

nat12

sarNie Adult
:eek: O M G… I feel like I’m living in a bizarre upside-down world. Where n’ek behave like n’rai, and trashy gossip pages have come to clarify the situation.:pancarta:

So basically the infamous gossip page Jae Moi 108 has shared the explanation about the event that Mai, Mew, Mint & Bella were in years ago from the event organiser.

Summary:

- No one was stealing anyone’s scene.
- There was a problem with Bella’s first dress and it could not be worn for fashion walk. Needed to find another dress from the department store as a replacement. Bella herself did not ask to change the dress.
- Everyone was told to slow down so Bella could be backstage (I guess, to change?)
- Regarding the on stage position of the models… the stage very small. The posing style and position of the 5 models made it look crowded.
- At the finale of the event, there were over 20 people on stage, so it was really very crowded/squeezy.

So it’s basically it’s as what most of us rational people thought when we saw the clip.