YOur Lao Name??

tinah

sarNie Coma
my lao name Garaphone..it wasnt given to me when i was born though..i wanted a lao name but then since i was born in the US..i guess my parents gave me an american name

jthepsen

sarNie Hatchling
My name is Jennifer Phatana Thepsenavong. I don't know how'd my middle name came to be spelled with a "h," but when pronoucning it, it makes the "r" sound pratana which means (wish, desire) :wub: I'm called "Fer" for short and it sounds almost like pho, you know, the vietamese noodles? :lmao:

My parents gave myself and all my siblings at least a laotian name, we three oldest have middle names in laotian, Phatana, Petchinda, & Waadsana. The two youngest have their first name in laotian which are Boungsawang (brother) & Luerngrith.

NiTha

sarNie Adult
Virginia NiTha Inthichack. NiTha is pronouced (Nee-Tha). I just spelled it differently because it was different from those that have the same name as i do. However, i go by just Tha with close family and friends. my sister is Thui and two of my close female cousins ( i say close because i see them like every weekend) are Thi and Thu. Yah my mom and my aunt were trying to form a gang of four. LOL.

Virginia is my first name. It's English because my dad wanted to name me something that started with the letter V because my dad's name is Vanthong and my mom is Viengsamay. My sister has a Lao name tho and it's Vilavanh. Now she's known as Willie, a name given by her kindergarten teacher because her laotian name was just too difficult to pronounce. Lol.

vannitda

sarNie Hatchling
my Laos name is Vannitda Chanthanane but in the Laos Community or when i attend the temple I use my grandfather's last name Vannitda Chanthavong so they know what family im from.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
"lucky" as in the translation? lol then u are sok dee? me confused...

dfemc

sarNie Adult
i've got a name in almost every language, except this one, so can maybe someone share their name with me?

N

Nissan_Se_R_Guy

Thookatha said:
"lucky" as in the translation? lol then u are sok dee? me confused...
[post="166114"][/post]​

sok dee? wow thats awesome I never knew that, well I don't speak Laos that much kinda lost it, but again thanks for the translation "high five" =)

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
Nissan_Se_R_Guy said:
sok dee? wow thats awesome I never knew that, well I don't speak Laos that much kinda lost it, but again thanks for the translation "high five" =)
[post="167580"][/post]​
hehe np! and yeh, it is pretty awesome. i sure like it! but you need to learn to speak laotian again!...so we can talk behind people's backs! lol jk

N

Nissan_Se_R_Guy

Thookatha said:
hehe np! and yeh, it is pretty awesome. i sure like it! but you need to learn to speak laotian again!...so we can talk behind people's backs! lol jk
[post="171214"][/post]​

I know right? hehe =)