YOur Lao Name??

shubby

sarNie Adult
ppls, i just wanted to know your Lao name, so please list..the reason why i do this is because, we lao ppls have a long name and lastname...

so, my name is

Nang Sysavath

AznGyrl4o1

sarNie Egg
My American name is Sandra. People call Me Sandy. :)
My Laotian name is Soom Lu Dee. It's read the way I spelt it. But I don't think you spell it that way. LoL.
But yea..I think it's more Thai than Lao?

arissa

sarNie Elites
my Lao name is Nirandone....but my nickname is arissa...........

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
My Laos name is: Viraphone Pathammavong and my parents gave me a middle name: Sandy

Leila

sarNie Juvenile
My Name is Leila Phengsavath-Manwilaiwong-Khotpanya, my grandparents and aunts and uncles, call me Noy, or at least they used to...

missjoy

sarNie Elites
~Sandy~ said:
My Laos name is: Viraphone Pathammavong and my parents gave me a middle name: Sandy
[post="88314"][/post]​

That's my boyfriend's last name.. maybe you guys are related. :w000t:

My dad gave me the name Seng-Aly... haven't really found anyone with that same name yet..

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
Really MissJoy!!! There aren't many Pathammavongs so we might actually be related LOL :D

kitkat

sarNie Elites
well, i don't think my name sounds like lao... my first name is catheryne... and NO 'I'. people kept mistaking putting 'i' instead of 'y' even though it sound the same. :lol: yeah very european name.... :sweat: i'm not mixed... i'm 100% laotian myself. :D

my last name should be 'vongchanh' but changed to 'niyomkham' instead. immigrant reason. -_- but i was borned in america so it happened during my parents' period of times. ^_^

my nickname always has been 'cat'. :p

p.s. wow i haven't come in this section for a quite long time. :mellow:

an la

sarNie Hatchling
My name is Angela Vongkoth, my nick name is an or la. I kind of wish I had a Lao name. But I asked my dad and he told me that they may have named me Bua Keo after my grandparents.

I just wanted to share my cousins names cuz I think they sound nice, they were born in Laos, so they all have Lao names.

Suksadachanh Rangsisourigna
Phisadapanh "
Xaysouvanh "

lil_beckie

sarNie Adult
arissa said:
my Lao name is Nirandone....but my nickname is arissa...........
[post="88182"][/post]​
i'm part lao but don't have a lao name...i like the name arissa...is it laos?

arissa

sarNie Elites
lil_beckie said:
i'm part lao but don't have a lao name...i like the name arissa...is it laos?
[post="92867"][/post]​
I was born in Laos.....but I got the name Arissa when my father was naturalize.to become a US citizen.when I was a baby....so...No..Arissa is not a Lao name...my father name me that middle...He said he wants me to have a Lao first name and an American middle name......all my family have Lao first names and American middle name.....this goes on to my recent newphews and nieces...I dont really know the reason behind the naming.....but its all good though.....

ta_s2

sarNie Egg
~Sandy~ said:
My Laos name is: Viraphone Pathammavong  and my parents gave me a middle name: Sandy
[post="88314"][/post]​
hey, my bros gf has the same last name as u.. know someone named marina?

my full and only name is Lada. My friends call me Lads & my parents and aunts and all call me ta, (pronounced dta) and when i was younger my aunty and uncle called me tata (dta dta).

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
MaNang said:
My name is Souphaphone Pamela Phetsoumphou, nickname is Nang.  Actually I think my name is more Thai than Lao but you know, the 2 languages are so similar anyways.
[post="91015"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
wow, we almost have the same last name, manang! mine is ""...

...and my "laos"/middle name is "Soorinya", but everyone calls me "Thookatha/Thookta/Thook"...

...or Diana...ahaha...

tye-niranh

sarNie Adult
Mine was Khamla Chanthavong but now that has changed due to marriage. Don't know many Khamlas that are female but I have met a few that are male.