YOur Lao Name??

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
chinda said:
WOw my mother best's friend , her name is also Vilavanh saengsavang
[post="96762"][/post]​

Wow that's interesting... And they say that Laotian name are not commonly the same... Yeah.... Ha.. Guess their wrong...

noiki

sarNie Hatchling
vilasaeng said:
Wow that's interesting... And they say that Laotian name are not commonly the same... Yeah.... Ha.. Guess their wrong...
[post="101463"][/post]​
i would assume it's because it's spelled in english that it looks the same. but it u spell it in lao, it could have a slight difference since i haven't met anyone who had the same last name and wasn't related somehow.

sjessie14

sarNie Egg
My laos name is Soundara Sisouphanh. But my last name is now different 'cause of marriage. My friends and families called me Jou.

Pee

sarNie Elites
sjessie14 said:
My laos name is Soundara Sisouphanh. But my last name is now different 'cause of marriage. My friends and families called me Jou.
[post="101776"][/post]​
wow thats cool, my friend got the same last name as you :lol:

sjessie14

sarNie Egg
Pee said:
Her name is Samira, we live in Sweden tho ^^
[post="104686"][/post]​
That's a pretty name. But I don't know if I have any relatives in Swedan. I have to ask my parent. We do have relatives in Canada and France, I believe.

Pee

sarNie Elites
sjessie14 said:
That's a pretty name. But I don't know if I have any relatives in Swedan. I have to ask my parent. We do have relatives in Canada and France, I believe.
[post="104712"][/post]​
wow thats cool ^^ yeah tell me when u have asked ur parents ^^

saobomp

sarNie Adult
yea i agree there are laotian names that are commonly use like noy, thoui, lae, joy, kham, saeng, pong, nou, la, phet, onn, lay, etc...

even given name and last name are common and they are not related either. some are but some arent. my name is common especially in thai(bangone- say it more like bong on the g is silent) last name is not b/c nobody has it. that's what my dad tells us hehe.

i think lao names distinguish or represent who u are and from. it mite be long and hard to pronounce but i rather have it bc other peeps know that i'm from laos. i dont like to have similar name as other people especially american names. i feel it's a sense of belonging that i have my given name. u guys know what i'm trying to say?

azntgr

sarNie Egg
its sad...my parents decided to give to me an english name. they gave me some excuse when i ask them. -_- but anyways i still like my name. although i haven't met anyone that isn't related to me, that has the same last name. maybe its one of those rare things? anyways my nick name is thadum (black eye) though. :D

saobomp

sarNie Adult
azntgr said:
its sad...my parents decided to give to me an english name. they gave me some excuse when i ask them. -_- but anyways i still like my name. although i haven't met anyone that isn't related to me, that has the same last name. maybe its one of those rare things? anyways my nick name is thadum (black eye) though. :D
[post="110535"][/post]​
yea there's this one man that has that name thadum. interesting i thought he would be the only hehe. cool!

azntgr

sarNie Egg
lol, i have yet to meet anyone with my name. so i guess thats weird for me. darn! i thought i was the only one. lol :D

donna

sarNie Adult
my name is Thairath Khanthavong but people call me Donna. i know, my name is one of the Thai newspapers...