Why are khmer and Thai ppl hatin' each other? Help me!!!

Maytha

sarNie Hatchling
Khmer and Thai never was a one nation, get your history straight. It was Khmer and Lao that was once a one nation because Khmer and Lao was brother. Even King Sihanouk was married to Lao princess. And why so upset when they called you foreigner, to them we are foreigner, because we are no longer Khmer we are Cambodian-American....true? Chill every body, we might be Cambodian-American or where ever country you are coming from beside America, but we are still Khmer at heart. Angkor Wat belong to Khmer people and to Khmer people only.....because Khmer people are the one who build it not Thai nor the world.

kaka

sarNie Egg
both countries have too many similarities so they hate each other. practically all countries hate their neighbors.

yak

sarNie Adult
Khmer and Thai never was a one nation, get your history straight. It was Khmer and Lao that was once a one nation because Khmer and Lao was brother. Even King Sihanouk was married to Lao princess. And why so upset when they called you foreigner, to them we are foreigner, because we are no longer Khmer we are Cambodian-American....true? Chill every body, we might be Cambodian-American or where ever country you are coming from beside America, but we are still Khmer at heart. Angkor Wat belong to Khmer people and to Khmer people only.....because Khmer people are the one who build it not Thai nor the world.
Lol..! That's true.. We don't live in Cambodia.. So we are foreigner because we're American.. I just have to say that

yak

sarNie Adult
Wow... I was on this site about a picture of Angkor Wat was on a sadals.. The sandas was sold in Veitnam, but they said that they got it form Thailand.. I was like wow.. And people comments one it.. And this what they said, " THE THAI HAS EVERY RIGHT TO DO WHATEVER THEY WANT WITH THEIR ANGKOR WAT PICTURE. WHY ARE KHMER SO UPSET OVER THIS?." "THAT'S TOO BAD THAT THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY HAD TO BEG TO SHELTER FOR THESE POOR KHMER TO TEMPORATORY LIVE ON THE THAI SOIL WHILE YOU WERE WAITING TO BE TRANSFER ELSEWHERE. WITHOUT US, YOU WILL BE NOTHING BUT STILL A SLUM COUNTRY. PREAH VIHEAR AND ANGKOR WAT ARE THAILAND, AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT. THIS IS UNDENIABLE FACT. IN THE MEANTIME, WE'LL LET YOU AND THE REST OF KHMER REPAIR THE RUINED PREAH VIHEAR AND ANGKOR WAT, AND WHEN THEY ARE DONE WITH THEM, WE'LL TAKE THEM BACK. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS, YOU KOUN KHMER? REMEMBER THAT PREAH VIHEAR AND ANGKOR WAT ARE BELONG TO OUR ANCESTOR THAILAND."

This some jacked up sh*t.. Lol.. I can laugh at this.. LMAO.. People don't know their history.. Lol. Here's the websiteCLICK

kaka

sarNie Egg
Wow... I was on this site about a picture of Angkor Wat was on a sadals.. The sandas was sold in Veitnam, but they said that they got it form Thailand.. I was like wow.. And people comments one it.. And this what they said, " THE THAI HAS EVERY RIGHT TO DO WHATEVER THEY WANT WITH THEIR ANGKOR WAT PICTURE. WHY ARE KHMER SO UPSET OVER THIS?." "THAT'S TOO BAD THAT THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY HAD TO BEG TO SHELTER FOR THESE POOR KHMER TO TEMPORATORY LIVE ON THE THAI SOIL WHILE YOU WERE WAITING TO BE TRANSFER ELSEWHERE. WITHOUT US, YOU WILL BE NOTHING BUT STILL A SLUM COUNTRY. PREAH VIHEAR AND ANGKOR WAT ARE THAILAND, AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT. THIS IS UNDENIABLE FACT. IN THE MEANTIME, WE'LL LET YOU AND THE REST OF KHMER REPAIR THE RUINED PREAH VIHEAR AND ANGKOR WAT, AND WHEN THEY ARE DONE WITH THEM, WE'LL TAKE THEM BACK. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS, YOU KOUN KHMER? REMEMBER THAT PREAH VIHEAR AND ANGKOR WAT ARE BELONG TO OUR ANCESTOR THAILAND."

This some jacked up sh*t.. Lol.. I can laugh at this.. LMAO.. People don't know their history.. Lol. Here's the websiteCLICK
seems like someone is wants to stir up problems for cambodians. i think that even if vietnamese are claiming that those sandles were sold to them from cambodians, they should not have purchased it and sell in their country. they are still indirectly to blame for. what baffles me is why would vietnam want to sell those sandles in their country? my only thought is they want to start some problems.

yak

sarNie Adult
seems like someone is wants to stir up problems for cambodians. i think that even if vietnamese are claiming that those sandles were sold to them from cambodians, they should not have purchased it and sell in their country. they are still indirectly to blame for. what baffles me is why would vietnam want to sell those sandles in their country? my only thought is they want to start some problems.
I think so too.. But it's really funny how those people says about Angkor Wat..

kaka

sarNie Egg
I think so too.. But it's really funny how those people says about Angkor Wat..
yeah, its a little rude. but i can understand why other countries would hate, they are envious of cambodia having one of the world wonders of the world. ^_^

kaka

sarNie Egg
I watch thai lakorns and listen to their songs and i don't want our countries to have a war, as much as cambodia hates or dislikes thai, we still depend on them for tourists and products, my cousin told me that most of the products in cambodia are thai products and tourists from thailand come to cambodia. I just wish we could all get along and thailand should stop starting trouble with us, i think we are very peaceful people. BTW i'm khmer/thai/chinese!!!
i dont want any war either. however,let me just tell you that we rely on them as much as they rely on us. i've heard thailand sold rotten food to cambodians...and i also hear that khmers go to thailand and cuz chaos. point is, both country need each other. there are good and rotten people from both countries. i believe right now thailand is in a 'civil war' with themselves....i guess thais are protestings against highter authority thais.

yak

sarNie Adult
i dont want any war either. however,let me just tell you that we rely on them as much as they rely on us. i've heard thailand sold rotten food to cambodians...and i also hear that khmers go to thailand and cuz chaos. point is, both country need each other. there are good and rotten people from both countries. i believe right now thailand is in a 'civil war' with themselves....i guess thais are protestings against highter authority thais.
America and 3rd world countries.. Always have something to protest... I heard so many thing that Thai did to Khmer people.. It was a sad story... I almost cried myself when I read it.. My mom best friend was living in Thailand during the Khmer Rough time.. She had some bad experience.. I remember one If my mom friends told me that when she was in Thailand, they had her carry a sake of rice(standing in one place) for an hour.. Then they gave her food.. But how they way she said in Khmer was funny.. Lol.. My dad hated Thai back in the days.. Now he's like what ever.. Lol.. There was an ex-Thai monk wanted to live with us and We asked my dad if he knew that person nationality.. And Got it right.. Thai! But it shocked me what he said.. He said," Khmer or Thai, we all the same people who believe in Buddha." I was like wow did that came out of his mouth.. LMAO... All that years I watched lakorn(omg)He would come out the room and b*tch at us.. Lol.. Now he's okay.. It's funny though how he hated them back then and watched their boran lakorn.. Lol.. Khmer and Thai people are funny..! I love them.. He he heh!

kaka

sarNie Egg
America and 3rd world countries.. Always have something to protest... I heard so many thing that Thai did to Khmer people.. It was a sad story... I almost cried myself when I read it.. My mom best friend was living in Thailand during the Khmer Rough time.. She had some bad experience.. I remember one If my mom friends told me that when she was in Thailand, they had her carry a sake of rice(standing in one place) for an hour.. Then they gave her food.. But how they way she said in Khmer was funny.. Lol.. My dad hated Thai back in the days.. Now he's like what ever.. Lol.. There was an ex-Thai monk wanted to live with us and We asked my dad if he knew that person nationality.. And Got it right.. Thai! But it shocked me what he said.. He said," Khmer or Thai, we all the same people who believe in Buddha." I was like wow did that came out of his mouth.. LMAO... All that years I watched lakorn(omg)He would come out the room and b*tch at us.. Lol.. Now he's okay.. It's funny though how he hated them back then and watched their boran lakorn.. Lol.. Khmer and Thai people are funny..! I love them.. He he heh!
he hated you guys watching lakorn but he'd record them for you?! now thats true love. hahahahah. yeah, i dont hate thailand or vietnam, but i can understand the older folks who do because of what they endured.

yak

sarNie Adult
he hated you guys watching lakorn but he'd record them for you?! now thats true love. hahahahah. yeah, i dont hate thailand or vietnam, but i can understand the older folks who do because of what they endured.
Lol... That sure was.. He would say all that stuff and recored it for us when we were little.. And another thing that He actually watch them too.. He he heh... That's true.. You can never change their thoughts about the stuff they went through during that time..

kaka

sarNie Egg
Lol... That sure was.. He would say all that stuff and recored it for us when we were little.. And another thing that He actually watch them too.. He he heh... That's true.. You can never change their thoughts about the stuff they went through during that time..
"we"??? so you had siblings that you'd watch with? i never got into it..but then i did..then i didnt...my interest comes and goes.

yak

sarNie Adult
"we"??? so you had siblings that you'd watch with? i never got into it..but then i did..then i didnt...my interest comes and goes.
Yah, siblings watch them too, but not my little brother.. He's all American.. Lol..

khmerlove

sarNie Egg
@ Yak yr dad story is pretty funny just like my aunt. She hates Thai, but she watches a lot of Thai lakons. To me, i don't hate thai people, i hate what they think about Khmer people.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
That's my dad too. To this day he still complains, but then he watched lakorns with us. lol.

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
like my cousin: she said "how could you watch thai lakorn when you know what thai people did to us?" i was "i don't have anything against them so i don't care" but the most amazing thing is that her mother loves thai lakorns dubbed in khmer! then i said "if you don't like them so i stop to lend lakorns for your mom" but my aunt said that if i did this, she'll kill her daughter!

yak

sarNie Adult
like my cousin: she said "how could you watch thai lakorn when you know what thai people did to us?" i was "i don't have anything against them so i don't care" but the most amazing thing is that her mother loves thai lakorns dubbed in khmer! then i said "if you don't like them so i stop to lend lakorns for your mom" but my aunt said that if i did this, she'll kill her daughter!
Lol...

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Not to be choosing sides or anything but when one of my relatives went on a thai tour, and they found out that he was cambodian they made him eat boiled rice with duck eggs in a dirty basement and took the foreigners to the good places. So my relative complained and yelled at them in english and they finally took him to eat at a good place. Seems to me that Thai are very against khmer. My cousin told me that if the people in the airport in thailand know your khmer they will put illegal drugs in your luggage and get you in trouble. I don't know if this is true but this is what i've heard from many people. This is all very painful to hear, knowing that khmer people are bullied like this but i'm not gonna choose sides and be hateful, i will continue to watch thai lakorns.

Oh and side comment, the whole Kob Suvanant dissing khmer thing, has there been any proof or clearing about this. There has only been her talking about it with Num Sornram on this one show and she was crying. Anyone know exactly what has happened.