Why are khmer and Thai ppl hatin' each other? Help me!!!

Areeya

sarNie Adult
there's something i know, khmer people say they hate thai people but they still watch their dramas, still use their products, still copy their songs... what do you think about that? when you really hate something, you don't use their products. i'm khmer-thai-chinese and use to go to cambodia but when we went with my parents, do you know how khmer people call us? "atheaketchone" or something around this and when i ask my mother what it means, she said it's an insult "people who ru flee his own country" . at least when you go to thailand they don't call you like that. i'm khmer and proud of it but sometimes khmer people are just stupids!
I absolutelly agree wid u...its true how they hate something is still supporting it...y did they insult u anyway? That is so wrong for them to say those kind of stuff...If u hate one person you shouldnt go around hating all because of their races...i found this really dumb and stupid...I dnt want to hate khmer but sometime i feel like i should...

yak

sarNie Adult
I absolutelly agree wid u...its true how they hate something is still supporting it...y did they insult u anyway? That is so wrong for them to say those kind of stuff...If u hate one person you shouldnt go around hating all because of their races...i found this really dumb and stupid...I dnt want to hate khmer but sometime i feel like i should...

LMAO... I HAVE TO SAY... I HAVE TO AGREE NOW!

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
it's khmer people who call me and my family like that when i went. i'm upset cause my parents didn't want to flee their country but they have to. my dad was an important person before in cambodia, but khmer rouge have killed all his family, all! now i don't want to return in cambodia again, i don't want to be insulted again by khmer people. everytime i went, everytime i did bonh (build schools in the countryside, help poor people...) but all i have in return is to be insulted. do you think it's fair? no.

yak

sarNie Adult
it's khmer people who call me and my family like that when i went. i'm upset cause my parents didn't want to flee their country but they have to. my dad was an important person before in cambodia, but khmer rouge have killed all his family, all! now i don't want to return in cambodia again, i don't want to be insulted again by khmer people. everytime i went, everytime i did bonh (build schools in the countryside, help poor people...) but all i have in return is to be insulted. do you think it's fair? no.
I understand where your coming from.. But like people other said not all khmer people are the same and thai as well.. I mean I know our history as well, but that don't mean I hate thai people.. I never went to Cambodia in my life, but will be my first time in July.. For myself who knows what they will call me because of the way I look or act. But that's not going to stop me from going because I'm going down there to visit them.. I'm going down there to see my family and what I want to see.. F the haters! They can kiss my a**.. Lol...

Areeya

sarNie Adult
Of course not...it is so unfair for u to be insulted like that wen u done so much for the country...I think everyone should jus make peace and forget wat happen in the past...Its better to gain another friend than gaining another enemy...Like today i went to the temple i had such a great time, but there another fight and stabing at the temple...i dnt understand how can people do such voilence in the temple arent they scared of sin...Hopefully someday i have the chance to go visit cambodia...I really wnt to see how the economy is...

solin

sarNie Adult
Before Khmer loved Thai, we watched Thai Lakorns, listened to thai songs and wished to go to Thailand one day. However, after Khmer knew the truth about Thai tries to erase Khmer culture from their history and said some shit that is not even truth.
Khmer people (and also in Cambodia) are still watching and selling thai lakorns and music lol.
And my familly in Cambodia still wants to go to Thaialand !

i'm khmer-thai-chinese and use to go to cambodia but when we went with my parents, do you know how khmer people call us? "atheaketchone" or something around this and when i ask my mother what it means, she said it's an insult "people who ru flee his own country" .
Actually "atheaketchone" just means "foreigner" in a way...khmer people call every khmer coming from oversea like that lol. The word itself isn't an insult but the fact they call us "atheaketchone" is quite insulting because It's like telling to us we are not real khmer just because we live in another country. It's just a way to make us pay more money : since we don't live in Cambodia, It means we are rich so we have to buy things more expansive than the real price lol.
I agree, at least in Thailand, they threat people on the same level : foreigner or not !
But I'm pretty sure every khmer in cambodia who call us "atheaketchone" wants to be one himself too lol.

All I know is the majority of khmer in Cambodia are quite stupid and I prefer so far living in Thailand.
I went there several times and my parents go there twice a year...so I perfectly khnow what I'm talking about.

Both nation have a bad side and a good side because we are all human after all lol.

yak

sarNie Adult
Of course not...it is so unfair for u to be insulted like that wen u done so much for the country...I think everyone should jus make peace and forget wat happen in the past...Its better to gain another friend than gaining another enemy...Like today i went to the temple i had such a great time, but there another fight and stabing at the temple...i dnt understand how can people do such voilence in the temple arent they scared of sin...Hopefully someday i have the chance to go visit cambodia...I really wnt to see how the economy is...
Let me guess.. You were at the Stockton temple.. I heard what happen that day.. It was gang bang

rakcharm

sarNie Juvenile
first of all, you can't go around hating people just because of their race. we still watch thai lakorns for entertainment. i mean, why else would we watch it? for example, you wouldn't stop eating food you like just because you don't like where it orginated from right? cuz that's stupid. so to say, if you don't like them then don't have anything to do with their products is just plain ignorant and impossible. rice, fish sauce, other food ingredients are from thailand.

even though i watch their lakorns, i don't like it when some thai people claim that this and that of cambodia's are theirs. it's really out of hand. if you guys have seen some vdos on youtube about preah vihear you'll know. the thai people who are less educated are basically brainwashed to think that everything is theirs. they are so ignorant you wouldn't believe it. then again i don't know if the educated are taught correctly too about their history. yeah i just can't stand what they call khmer people and that they think the temple is their when it ain't even the truth! the truth is thailand was influence a lot by khmer culture, writing system, dance, costumes, etc... and they don't know that or refuse to believe.

khmerlove

sarNie Egg
there's something i know, khmer people say they hate thai people but they still watch their dramas, still use their products, still copy their songs... what do you think about that? when you really hate something, you don't use their products. i'm khmer-thai-chinese and use to go to cambodia but when we went with my parents, do you know how khmer people call us? "atheaketchone" or something around this and when i ask my mother what it means, she said it's an insult "people who ru flee his own country" . at least when you go to thailand they don't call you like that. i'm khmer and proud of it but sometimes khmer people are just stupids!

The khmer person that is stupid is the person who doesn't know what is the word "Ar-neaka-joun" means. The word means foreigner. I don't know who come out this horrible meaning for this word.

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
I think it goes for both sides where there not educated enough to know (both khmer and thai) i always thought it was the vietnamese who we always had more grudge on.

Iya

sarNie Adult
Both nation have a bad side and a good side because we are all human after all lol.
i support what you said 1000%. i was born in cambodia but end up traveling and living in other countries, which included Thailand. therefore, i see both the good and the bad in all the countries i've been too, including the US, where i am living today.

what i just don't understand is why Cambodiia and Thailand keep on fighting. from what i understand, we were once one nation and then was separated through war. we share similar languages, culture, and regligion. why keep on fight?

as for Angkor Wat, it is a world's treasure. you can't put a price on it or an owner. it belongs to the whole world and all those people and countries inhabited in it. why the fight and kill thousands of innocents lives and brainwashing millions of innocent minds?

what really piss me off is that because i am a cambodian, i get misunderstood by other people as "thai-lovers" when i stood out to point out some things Cambodian do wrong and Thai do right and vice versa. i just don't get the point, we don't even live in Asia anymore! we're living in a country called the boiling pot, where diversity is encouraged and belong. why can't people be more open minded and see both sides before they start to judge?!

i'm sorry i'm ranting, but sometimes i feel that it's so unfair for those who love and appreciate both countries. i have so much to love about Thailand, a land where my younger brother was born, i might add. then there is also so much i love my home country, Cambodia, becuase it's where i was born and where my hertitage was. why can't we just seem to get along.

Khatiya

sarNie Adult
Cambodia and Thailand is like the tongue and teeth. As long as it's situated side-by-side it will always clash in a certain way. It's been years but the good part is that so far there isn't any too major.

The hate is trigger also by the upbringing and what a family/person experience. We have to keep our minds open and learn or understand why a person feels the way they do about a certain race or nation. Perhaps it was what they have gone through (the war, the refugee camp). Some are fortunate to escape that while other witness torture and murder in front of their eyes. These are the dramatic events in their lives that they can never forgive or forget which causes them to build that hate in their hearts. It is easy for us to tell them to don't think that way and try to explain to them certain things but the problem is that you were not wearing their shoes at the time so it's not the same. It will be up to the individual to decide whether they let what happened in the past lead their decisions in the future. For example, because some families experience torture or hate from another race they up bring their kids to think the same. Then the cycle will never end, only if the kids decide to change themselves.

If you live in Cambodia it's hard to get the big picture. People live there on a day by day basis. Their actions are determine by what happens the next day. Unlike in Western countries where people think like 3-5 years in advance and start planning. How can Cambodians do that when they don't know if they will have rice on the table the next day or not? So really, we just have to sort of forgive them but not get too mad since hey, who knows if we were in their shoes, stuck in Cambodia after the Khmer rouge-era.. we might just be like them.

I don't hate the Nation but rather the individual. I don't wish to be hate just because I am Cambodian but hate me personally because I might of done something to do. Also I don't believe that just because you hate a nation you should boycott everything about them. Instead try to get to the roots and learn as much possible so you can understand them - just in case they curse at you LOL.

Ok, that's my 2-3 cents ehehhe bottom line is to keep our minds and heart open and treat everybody like one race - THE HUMAN RACE. And if you choose to hate something or something then isolate them from the whole and hate only that 1 rotten egg and not the chicken.

Thanks for reading.

yak

sarNie Adult
Cambodia and Thailand is like the tongue and teeth. As long as it's situated side-by-side it will always clash in a certain way. It's been years but the good part is that so far there isn't any too major.

The hate is trigger also by the upbringing and what a family/person experience. We have to keep our minds open and learn or understand why a person feels the way they do about a certain race or nation. Perhaps it was what they have gone through (the war, the refugee camp). Some are fortunate to escape that while other witness torture and murder in front of their eyes. These are the dramatic events in their lives that they can never forgive or forget which causes them to build that hate in their hearts. It is easy for us to tell them to don't think that way and try to explain to them certain things but the problem is that you were not wearing their shoes at the time so it's not the same. It will be up to the individual to decide whether they let what happened in the past lead their decisions in the future. For example, because some families experience torture or hate from another race they up bring their kids to think the same. Then the cycle will never end, only if the kids decide to change themselves.

If you live in Cambodia it's hard to get the big picture. People live there on a day by day basis. Their actions are determine by what happens the next day. Unlike in Western countries where people think like 3-5 years in advance and start planning. How can Cambodians do that when they don't know if they will have rice on the table the next day or not? So really, we just have to sort of forgive them but not get too mad since hey, who knows if we were in their shoes, stuck in Cambodia after the Khmer rouge-era.. we might just be like them.

I don't hate the Nation but rather the individual. I don't wish to be hate just because I am Cambodian but hate me personally because I might of done something to do. Also I don't believe that just because you hate a nation you should boycott everything about them. Instead try to get to the roots and learn as much possible so you can understand them - just in case they curse at you LOL.

Ok, that's my 2-3 cents ehehhe bottom line is to keep our minds and heart open and treat everybody like one race - THE HUMAN RACE. And if you choose to hate something or something then isolate them from the whole and hate only that 1 rotten egg and not the chicken.

Thanks for reading.
YOU GO GIRL!

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid

areeya are you from stockton? i read the fight and stabbing part and that actually happen at our temple here lol just thought i would ask.

btw i agree and disagree with some of the things said here. you can hate a person but dont hate the race. i was also taught to dislike thai when i was growing up...my dad had a couple of bad experiences with thai soldiers during the khmer rouge era. and i was prohibited from listening to thai music and watching thai lakorns. but of course that didnt stop me..i listen to thai and watch lakorns all the time (with my mother)... until my dad was able to accept it on his own. well i guess it slowly came to be ...i guess it started out when he actually watch one of the lakorn with me til 3 in the am the storyline was good and it actually had good morals at the end..and when i got myself 3 penpals from thailand. that totally changed my dad's perspective towards thai and then came the shocking moment when i brought a thai bf home one day LOL that was funny stuff anyhow...that is sorta off topic.

but you're all right to some point. its not just thai and khmer...everyone out there hate somebody. there's always wars since the beginning of time. and i dont know if we will ever see true peace..where no one is trying to kill anyone over a piece of land, monuments, ethnic/race or materialistic stuff that they can't/won't be able to take with them when they die.

however, i really do wish for world peace & harmony, where everyone can enjoy another person's unique culture...
i don't understand why we all just can't get along!!! :(

icebe

sarNie Hatchling
^ lol you're so funny
i'm half thai / half swiss
i admit i don't know much about thai history since i didn't grew up in thailand and up until now i haven't met any cambodian people where i live so i can't really judge
the first time i realised that thai/cambodian/lao people can't stand each other was thanks to the internet, and i was actually quiet surprised because the thai side of my family never talked bad about laos or cambodia
i even asked them about how they feel about lao/cambodian people, as far as i know they don't really care, it's definitely not hatred!!!

guess i'm ignorant about this issue, i didn't even know that thai people are supposed to hate viets o.0 (that's what i read here and it's the first time i heard about this...) so does anybody know why thai/viets hate each other and is that even true?

yak

sarNie Adult
^ lol you're so funny
i'm half thai / half swiss
i admit i don't know much about thai history since i didn't grew up in thailand and up until now i haven't met any cambodian people where i live so i can't really judge
the first time i realised that thai/cambodian/lao people can't stand each other was thanks to the internet, and i was actually quiet surprised because the thai side of my family never talked bad about laos or cambodia
i even asked them about how they feel about lao/cambodian people, as far as i know they don't really care, it's definitely not hatred!!!

guess i'm ignorant about this issue, i didn't even know that thai people are supposed to hate viets o.0 (that's what i read here and it's the first time i heard about this...) so does anybody know why thai/viets hate each other and is that even true?
Oh... What Thai and Viets? I never knew that too.. Hm? What happen besides war or so?

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I watch thai lakorns and listen to their songs and i don't want our countries to have a war, as much as cambodia hates or dislikes thai, we still depend on them for tourists and products, my cousin told me that most of the products in cambodia are thai products and tourists from thailand come to cambodia. I just wish we could all get along and thailand should stop starting trouble with us, i think we are very peaceful people. BTW i'm khmer/thai/chinese!!!

jeffreito

sarNie Egg
i am not good in explanation but the feeing of each to other whether hate or like somebody if from their experiences, knowledge, vision, and their own personality also EQ.

i am completely Thai and never hate anyone as just they r from particular country. I rarely remember of history from i learn since in schools age even i use to get A grade from such subject. but i remember that i never knew any from text that Angkor Wat belong to Thailand wat i know its just a symbol of Cambodia. or i miss sth??!! Anyway its not the point.

What i wanna say is that the way ppl thought is just come frm that their hav a mean or general heart and the way they consume and give the reason to the matter they received.

This kind of sensitive issue had cause many severe violence around the world and i dont expect to c it happen with my and neighboring country. only our current internal unrest is enough!!! :(

sunisa

I don't hate Thai and I really hope Thailand and Cambodia could just get along. I don't like when Thai says that this or that belongs to them, but I don't go around hating on the whole race. I have a Thai friend but we don't discuss political issue and we get along just fine. I also listen to Thai music and watch lakorns too. Some of my close family members kind of against Thailand, but they don't forbid me or against me listen to Thai music or watch lakorns. That the good thing. And my parents, they never talk about hating on Thai. They told me that no matter what race, there always bad and good people, same with Khmer (there are bad and good). Just because something happens bt Thai and Khmer doesn't mean that all the people in Thailand are bad and we dont have to hate them all. I'm not good with explaining, but my point is that people should learn to be more open mind. I hope to visit Thailand one day too.

mzwacko

sarNie Egg
I dont hate neither,I think both khmer and thai should just stop and make peace.We all can share and i totally agree if u hate someone dont hate their race coz thats just pathetic.We all can share,and spread the love and live the life while living