Why are khmer and Thai ppl hatin' each other? Help me!!!

yak

sarNie Adult
Not to be choosing sides or anything but when one of my relatives went on a thai tour, and they found out that he was cambodian they made him eat boiled rice with duck eggs in a dirty basement and took the foreigners to the good places. So my relative complained and yelled at them in english and they finally took him to eat at a good place. Seems to me that Thai are very against khmer. My cousin told me that if the people in the airport in thailand know your khmer they will put illegal drugs in your luggage and get you in trouble. I don't know if this is true but this is what i've heard from many people. This is all very painful to hear, knowing that khmer people are bullied like this but i'm not gonna choose sides and be hateful, i will continue to watch thai lakorns.

Oh and side comment, the whole Kob Suvanant dissing khmer thing, has there been any proof or clearing about this. There has only been her talking about it with Num Sornram on this one show and she was crying. Anyone know exactly what has happened.
Wow! That's mess up! Lucky that person knows english or something because I think they would of left him there until the other people are done eating.. That's not right. If other tourist knows about this.. Man by hearing this.. Its a no no for me to go there..Lol.. I'll just stay home and watch lakorn instead getting into trouble.. And for Kob, who knows.. All we know that there was action and words.. LMAO

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Wow! That's mess up! Lucky that person knows english or something because I think they would of left him there until the other people are done eating.. That's not right. If other tourist knows about this.. Man by hearing this.. Its a no no for me to go there..Lol.. I'll just stay home and watch lakorn instead getting into trouble.. And for Kob, who knows.. All we know that there was action and words.. LMAO
My cousin has to go to an interview in thailand in a couple of months, i fear for his safety. All the khmer people here in canada say that kob dissed khmer people and said they were like dogs and said angkor wat was thailand's and that caused a war between the 2 countries and caused cambodia to pay thailand millions of dollars. I wonder if this is true

lexa1083

sarNie Hatchling
There is too much heresay between these two countries. I myself am Cambodian-American but there's so much history that no one can justify any country's actions.

I just know for a fact that Thai look down on Cambodians because our economy is bad. But they don't seem to understand the devastation that comes after a genocide. I can understand why Cambodians have grown so resentful.

Angkor Wat was and will always be Cambodia's. The fact that Thailand tries to claim it is due to the fact that the history was manipulated in their teachings. The fact of the matter is, Cambodia is trying to rectify whatever relationship it has with Thailand. Seriously, they should not fight anymore. As much as thai people hate to admit it because they are very prideful, alot of their culture came from us and a lot of our culture came from India. Instead of fighting we should just continue to learn from each other.

I hope that with Cambodia helping Thai hand over the bombing suspects in June will help ease some Thai people's view of Cambodia.

kamey2o3

sarNie Egg
i'm korat so im both thai and khmer and i love both countries. i also don't understand exactly why we're fighting because back in the 60's and 70's, cambodia and thailand used to get along pretty well. though what i dislike about thailand is what they think about khmer people and lie about their history to their people. don't get me wrong, i love thailand, but i just wish they would lower their pride a bit for once and accept the facts. i understand part of why we're fighting and i know its not easy for the older generation to let go of it and move on, but i wish that the younger generation of both thailand and cambodia will learn to let go of their hatred for each other and learn to respect one another.