The Long Kiss Goodnight :: Kristen Kreuk/Tom Welling

sarN

sarNie Granny
o' gosh , im so behind . I don't know where to start !!! I need a week vocation to catch up w/ other fiction.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
my niece will draw some cartoonish pictures of some scenes from this fic! I can't wait to see them. Once she sends it to me, I will post it. :D

spoiler mode:

the car breaks down during the rain!

lol

lady0fdarkness

lol... it will be a long night for them RR..

oh... and I will explain why the connely's allowed their daughter to be buried in Salem instead of her home state. There is another reason why they are in town..not just to visit Emmy Rose's grave. Their reason will pain Edward greatly. :(

chinkywinky

sarNie Adult
ekkkk... i can't wait when the car breaks down! :lol:
i wonder if they get into an arguement in the car then emily gets out and edward follow her and both get wet in the rain.... !

lady0fdarkness

ekkkk... i can't wait when the car breaks down! :lol:
i wonder if they get into an arguement in the car then emily gets out and edward follow her and both get wet in the rain.... !
no arguments tonight, but rather a bit of understanding. :D I will update soon! I'm just collaborating the scenes together right now. So many ideas, but don't know where to put them.

lady0fdarkness

ACT 20

Edward drove off without looking back at the Connelys. He just kept his eyes on the road, causing Emily to wonder what really happened in Edward's past. Who is this Emmy Rose and why does it seem like the Connelys and Edward aren't friends? Their meeting was friendly, but the tension seems as though it could be cut with a knife. So many questions, but so little answers. Emily thought to herself and shook her head slightly. She looked onto Edward who was pretending to focus on the wet roads, but deep inside he had a strange feeling as if something wasn't right. Like the Connelys aren't just here to visit their daughter.

He did felt like such a jerk before that. He should have visited her every day, but he failed to do that. It was a miracle that Emmy's parents allowed their daughter to be buried in Salem thanks to the diary they found in her suitcase.

The drizzling rain soon turned into pouring rain. Cold mist surrounded the road, making it hard to see. The windows began to fog. Edward had no choice, but to slow down in order to avoid a slip off the road. Right when he slowed down, the car made a loud funny noise. It sounded like it was coming from the engine. As Edward kept driving, the car began to vibrate.

Shit, he mumbled to himself causing Emily turned to him worringly.

Emily - Is everything okay?

Edward - I don't know yet.

Edward stepped on the gas pedal to speed up to 40 miles an hours, but the gas needle wouldn't move past 10 MPH range. He stepped on the gas again, but only slowed down more. The rain pored down and hit hard on the windshield, making it hard for the wipers to keep up.

Emily - What's wrong? Are we going on Empty?

Edward looked at the gas meter.

Edward - No, the gas is full. I just filled up not too long ago.

Emily - You're not able to step on the gas?

Edward - It looks that way. The damn thing doesn't want to past 10 mile mark.

Emily - I can feel it vibrating.

Edward - Yeah, I know.

Emily - Oh no.. and it's raining so hard.

Edward - Well, it's going to be raining for the next 24 hours. There's a storm coming up from the south.

Emily wrapped her arms around her shoulders as she felt the cold mist seeping through the car. Edward noticed that she was cold, so he turned on the heat.

Edward - There, it should start getting warm in about 3 minutes.

Emily - I'm okay.. you should turn it off, in case the heating makes the car worst.

Edward - I need it to clear up the fogged up window anyway. But you know; It's funny, I just had this old thing tuned up last month. I paid $700 to get it fixed at the car garage. Those fuckers ripped me off!

Emily - Sorry about that.

It's not your fault, Edward said inaudibly.

Edward - The only thing to do right now is just drive at 10 MPH. Hopefully, it won't break down on us.

Emily gave him a weak smile and sank back into the seat and hugged herself. She then realized that she and Edward just had a normal conversation. She couldn't help, but smile to herself a bit. What she didn't realize was that Edward caught her smiling in the rearview mirror. That's when he just kept his gazed on the mirror. She looks so beautiful when she smiles, he thought. That lump in his throat emerged and he had to swollow hard. He quickly shook it off and turned his attention to the road. Silence surrounded them again, except for the rain drops beating on the windows and windshield.

Edward - Are you warm enough?

Emily - Yes, thank you.

Emily wanted to just scream and jump up for joy. Was Edward Knight concerned about her? She questioned it over and over in her mind. And then had to turn towards the window so that she could blush happily. This is like a dream come true. There is a nice bone in his body, she thought.

Edward - Okay. I think we should be okay, as long as I keep driving. We're just about 5 miles from your dorm.

Emily - What about Jameson's funeral home?

Edward - It's about 2 blocks from here.

Emily - Sorry for making you go out of your way.

Edward - Well.. it's not that far from you anyway... so it's fine.

Emily - But what if you break down at the dorm?

Edward - I guess I'll just walk.

Emily - But it's raining.

Edward - I've walked in the rain before. I'll be okay..

Emily - Maybe you should just stop at the funeral home and I'll walk to my dorm before your car acts up.

Edward - No.

Emily - But, I don't want to be a bother.

Edward - Look, I'd rather me walk than you okay? Besides, the car is still running.

Right when he said that, the car slowed down forcing Edward to swirve to the left.

Shit, I spoke too soon, Edward cursed.

When he got to the side of the road, the car came to a complete stop.

Ughh... those bastards. I'm going to have to pay them a visit, he mumbled under his breath.

Edward pounded the steering wheel and tried to turn the itgnition, but nothing. Emily bit her lips nervously. She knew that this isn't good.

Edward - Well.. what do you know, looks like we'll both have to walk. Be prepared to get wet.

He sighed.

Emily - Uhmm, couldn't we just wait out the rain?

Edward - I guess we could, but you'll be waiting for the next 24 hours. I told you, there's a storm blowing up here.

Emily - Ohh... I forgot about that. How about if we just wait for a passerby?

Edward - At this hour, we'll be waiting forever. The population here is 657 people. I think right now, they're all asleep.

Emily - Oh..

Emily sighed.

Edward - So.. this is what we'll do. I'll walk you to your dorm, then I'll walk home.

Emily's eyes widened with surprise.

Emily - No, you don't have to do that.

Edward - Well.. I want to.

Emily - But that's a long walk for you.

Edward - Look... Right now, I'm responsible for you okay?

Emily - Uhmm...

Edward - Here, take this.

Edward handed her a big plastic bag from the back seat.

Edward - It's a little thin, but that's all I've got for now.

Emily - Thank you.. what about you?

Edward - I'll be okay. Put it on.

Emily - Okay.

Emily poked a hole at the bottom and threw it over herself while Edward quickly opened the door and walked onto her side of the car and opened the door for her. He reached his hand out to her and she took it. Right away, the frigid air stroked her back. She began to shiver, but at least she stayed a bit dry, thanks to Edward's plastic bag.

Edward - Come'on, this way.

Edward led her across the steeet to the other side of the road.

The rain was pouring at a steady rate, but luckily it wasn't pouring as hard as when they were in the car.

Edward - We should be there in about 20 minutes if we keep a steady pace.

Emily - Okay.

Edward - Sorry about the car.

Did Emily heard it right?? Edward Knight just apologized. Even though he apologized about something he was capable of controlling, Emily's heart just warmed up. That word, "sorry" sounded really nice coming from his lips.

Emily - It's okay, I'm the one who should be sorry. I made you take me to find food.

Edward - You can't help being hungry.

Emily smiled happily inside. Eventhough it was damn cold out here, her inside especially her heart weas warm. It felt good to not be hated by him, at least for now.

Ten minutes went by, Emily could see lights coming from the funeral home up ahead. She couldn't help, but feel bad that they are going to pass it and walk further to her dorm. And then suddenly, the rain picked up again. The drops felt heavier and stronger beating up against their backs.

Edward - Damn... looks like the outer bands of the storm is coming in. The rain is starting to get stronger.

Emily could feel her legs wobble from the fatigue of walking and from the frigid air and moisture. But she should be thankful cause she was a bit dry while Edward was soaking wet. As Emily walked forward, she didn't see the puddle that was up ahead.

Emily - Ahhh!!!

Edward - I've got you.

She slipped, but luckily Edward caught her. His arms were around her tight as her back was against his chest. She looked up and caught his eyes. She immediately moved out of his arms, embarrassed that she was so clumsy.

Emily - Sorry.

When she stepped forward, a sharp pain ran up her leg, causing her to yelp in pain.

Emily - Owwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!

Edward - What's wrong?

Emily - Ughh... my ankle hurts.

Edward kneeled down to her ankle to examine it.

Edward - You're bleeding. Looks like you scraped your ankle in that pot hole.

Emily - Oh noo!!!!

Emily whined painfully. She tried to walk forward, but the pain felt made her yelped again.

Emily - I don't know if I could walk anymore.

She began to shiver harder.

Before she could say anything else, Edward swooped her up into her arms. She was speechless, but she obliged to his strong arms. It did feel better than being on her feet.

Edward - We'll go to my apartment first. Your wound needs to be cleaned or it'll be infected.

Okay, Emily answered softly.

Her heart was beating so fast and so loudly; she joped that Edward didn't hear her beating heart. She didn't expect to be in his arms again. As he carried her away, her head seems to be having a mind of its own, cause it was now laying against his chest. It was cold and wet, but it still felt cozy. For a minute there, Emily thought he was going to drop her like a hot potato when she laid her head on him, but he just kept walking as if he didn't mind. Thats when Emily relaxed and enjoyed the ride even at his expense.

Finally, they reached his apartment. He opened the door and walked in, still with Emily in his arms. Instead of letting her down on her feet at the door, he continued to carry her. They entered the bedroom. He grabbed a towel, and layed it on the chair that was next to his bed. That's when he sat her down.

Emily - Thank you, Edward.

Instead of answering, he kept quiet as he walked to the bathroom and grabbed another towel. He handed it to her and walked back into the bathroom and closed the door. Emily couldn't help, but wonder if he was now mad at her again. She threw the towel over her head and began drying her hair. She stood up and took the soaked bag off and tossed it into the trash. The bag didn't do any justice, cause she too was soaking wet. Edward's apartment was nice and warm, but Emily kept on shivering from her wet clothes. She wrapped the towel around herself and looked down at her ankle. There was a lot of blood dripping down, making a puddle on Edward's hardwood floor. Emily tried to bend down and wipe the floor, but stopped half way when Edward called out.

Edward - Don't worry about it. I'll take care of it.

Emily looked up from a bending position and saw Edward standing there with nothing, but a towel around his waist. His hair was still wet, but his body was dried off. For a tall and skinny guy, he sure had a nice chest. It looked as if he worked out, but knowing that he is anti-social, Emily knew that he probably never went to a gym before. His arms are long and strong looking with veins running along them. And his tummy was flat with a hint of abs.

Connie was right, he does need to eat more, Emily thought.

After checking him out for a few seconds, Emily realized that she was staring, so she looked away and covered her eyes.

Emily - Sorry. I..I... uhh...

Edward walked over to his closet to grab some clothes. He pulled out a pair of pants and a long sleaved shirt for himself. And then he pulled out another long sleaved shirt and a pair of pajama pants. He walked over to Emily and handed her the shirt and pajama pants.

Edward - Here, you should change before you catch a cold. When you're done, I'll clean your wound.

He walked out of the room to give her some privacy and to put some clothes on himself.

Edward - Call me when you're done.

When he shut the door behind him, Emily's heart pounded against her chest. His new found kindness was somehow sweet and frightening at the same time; she really didn't know what to expect next. But whatever it is that's happening, she liked this side of him. Emily stood up and unbuttoned Edward's shirt that she wore earlier. She pulled off the dress over her head and then her wet under garments. She grabbed the towel that was on the chair and wrapped it over her body. When she tried to tuck the ends of the towel together, so that it'll stay around her body, she found it dificult because on the other hand, she was holding her wet clothes. She was afraid to mess up Edward's room, so she didn't toss it down to the floor. Not knowing that her ankle would hurt that bad, Emily tried to walk into the bathroom to put her wet clothes in the sink. Right when she stepped on her wounded side of the leg, a sharp pain shot up her thigh causing her to collaspe to the floor yelping in pain.

Immediately the bedroom door swung open and in ran Edward. Right away, he swooped her up from the floor and into his arms again. Their eyes met and locked there for a minute, not realizing that she was naked.

ACT 21 COMING SOON!

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
finally got a chance to read this. AHHHHHHHHHHH! you stopped too soon. edward is so super nice and sweet in this update awww. i was just like emily, kept smiling because he was so nice. and he carried her too :wub: GASP =O he caught her, but she's NAKED?! WHOA. thanks for the update Lome. ^^

lady0fdarkness

oh man, that was umm yea.. hot... hehe..
im camping tonight lome!
ugh.. sorry, I really meant to hang around while everyone camped out, but I caught the flu. I havn't been here since 3 days. I feel better now though.

finally got a chance to read this. AHHHHHHHHHHH! you stopped too soon. edward is so super nice and sweet in this update awww. i was just like emily, kept smiling because he was so nice. and he carried her too :wub: GASP =O he caught her, but she's NAKED?! WHOA. thanks for the update Lome. ^^
While I was away sick, I did think of the next scenes. Now that I feel better, I will update this and start capping my lakorns again. Thanks for wishing me well, RR.

sarN

sarNie Granny
aww , sweet honey . I love the suspense and romance bwt the two and Edward is strong HAHA

lady0fdarkness

aww lome, glad to hear you feel better. :)
take your time.
Thanks girl.. I feel way better today. :D Finally get to come online again.

aww , sweet honey . I love the suspense and romance bwt the two and Edward is strong HAHA

thanks my dear sarN. glad you're caught up. There will be lots of mystery coming up. Something's not right about the connely's!

I can't believe that it's going to be a year since I been writing in the fan fiction fever section. It's been fun, you and the rest of the gang kept my imagination running!

lady0fdarkness

ACT 21

Edward held her close, eyes frantic, trying to protect her from whatever it is that had hurt her. Afterall, that was what he had promise Emmy Rose that he would do; protect her from all things hurtful. And he just couldn't help himself, it's like his love have come back for him. Perhaps he needs to start distingquishing between the two.

The sharp pain that shot up her leg vanished the minute he picked her up. His bare arms felt like a wall of bearer that would protect her even from an earthquack. She was grateful that he had come to her rescue when she fell. Emily stared into those eyes that once earlier was crying, but now they looked hungry as if he needed a little comforting himself. She could feel his sweet hot breath and his chest rising and falling as they inhale in the air that keeps him alive. His eyes were like a window to his soul. Suddenly the tough exterior were replaced by all things wonderful. She never seen his eyes soften as this, it's like they were smiling at her. Emily's heart was beating fast and hard like the rain that they had escaped earlier.

Edward - Does it hurt much?

Emily - No....

Edward - I don't think you should stand on it anymore.

Emily - But how will I---

Before Emily could finish her sentence, she looked down at herself being cradled in Edward's arms. She could see her bare breast up against his chest; luckily he had his shirt on or he'd feel her bare skin. Her eyes widened as she realized she was bare naked. She yelped out and wrapped her arms trying to cover the mounds as much as she could.

Edward - Oh uhh.. uhmm...

Edward closed his eyes and and turned his head sidways, walked towards the bed, and sat her down on the edge of the bed. Still eyes closed, he reached for the towel and handed it over to Emily. She quickly took the towel and wrapped it around her, a bit embarrased.

Emily - I'm sorry, I lost my balance before I could uhmm... Err

Edward kept his head turned away and walked into the bathroom to grab the first aid kit. Before he came out of the bathroom he made sure Emily was decent. When the coast was cleared, he approached Emily with the kit and kneeled down to the floor. Emily's legs were exposed in front of him. Edward tried his best to just keep his eyes on the subject which was her ankle.

Edward - Let me look at your ankle.

Emily - Okay.

Edward - Do you feel pain now?

Emily - No, only when I stand on it.

As if her foot was made out of fragile glass, he took a hold of it gently. His warm hands sure felt nice. As he held her foot, he gentle rubbed and massage each area to see if there were any swelling.

Edward - Let me know if it hurts okay?

Emily - Okay..

Emily relaxed herself and tried to focus on where on her ankle hurts most, but all she could focus on was how good his strong and warm hands felt on her ankle and her skin. She stared down that handsome mysterious guy. His hair wet and wild, not the usual slicked back do that she was used to seeing. There was that familiar sweet aroma that she kept smelling. Emily chuckled a little to herself, thinking how such a sweet smell came from such a strong big man, and supposedly a mysterious mortician. She bit her lip, trying hard to focus on her ankle, but she just could help feeling that chill run down her spine everytime his hands rubbed on her skin near her calves.

It took all of his will power to keep his gaze only on her foot. While he touched her skin, he wanted so badly to look up and just stare at her. He weanted to search every part of her face and find the answer to his question. Who is Emily?? And why does she look so much like Emmy Rose? Is this some sick joke? Was this his punishment? He kept focus, pretending to search for the pain in her ankle, when all he wanted to do was hold her again.

Edward - Hmm.. I think you have small sprain. And it looks like your ankle is scraped, and it doesn't look life threatening.

He began to clean her wound with the gauge and alcohol.

Edward - This will sting a little okay?

Emily nodded and bit her lip getting ready for the sting. As he poured alcohol on her wound, the sting wasn't little, it actually stung a lot, so much that she bit had to grab a hold of Edward's shoulder to keep herself from standing up to get away from the sting.

Edward - Sorry.

Emily - I'm okay.

After cleaning the wound, Edward too the bandage and wrapped it around her ankle.

Edward - There, it should heal in a few days. As for your sprain, I'll get a splint for you in the morning.

Emily - Morning?

Edward - Yes, I don't think you should walk on it for the rest of the night. Besides, the rain looks like its really coming down. So you can sleep here, and I'll sleep in the living room.

Emily - Are you sure?

Edward - Unless you want to get out in that rain again? And end up spraining the other ankle?

Emily - Nooo...

Edward - I should be able to borrow Mr. Jame's car and drive you home.

Emily - Okay...

Emily realized her habd was still on his shoulder so she quickly took her hand back and gave him a weakl smile.

Emily - Thank you...

Edward gave her a little smile and started to gather the first aid kit. He placed everything back in the kit and stood up. When he stood up, a roll of bandage fell out of the kit and landed between Emily's feet.

Edward kneeled down to grab the roll of bandage that was between her feet. He reached his hand to grab it, and that's when his hand brushed against her leg.

Sorry, he uttered.

Still in a kneeling position, he looked up from the floor to see Emily staring at him. They were only a few inches apart. He could literally hear her heart beating as loudly as his. Her hair fell loosely around her pretty face. And those eyes looked so inviting. It reminded him of all things wonderful, when the darkness around him wasn't there. That's it, the ache in his body was unbearable; he couldn't hold back anymore. He needed to touch her now.

Edward dropped the roll of bandage and grabbed Emily's thighs. His right hand on her left thigh and his left hand on her right thigh. He kept his eyes on her, while his hands moved up her thighs and slowly crept up underneath the towel she had on. His hands carressed her skin Emily didn't resist his touch, why should she when it felt so wonderful?

Edward, she murmured.

His touch felt like static, cause everythime he moved his hands closer up her thighs, Emily shuddered. The chills down her spine turned into tingles, as if her skin begged and ached to be touch more and more by him. She should say no, she should peel him off, but she didn't cause she too was hungry for him. She has been hungry for him ever since she laid eyes on him. And by the way he was breathing, she knew he was hubgry too, almost starved because he was breathing hard like a mad man. His hands started out gentle and suddenly they roughed up. He grabbed both of her thighs and pulled her forward so that he could now kneel between her legs. His hands left her thighs and reached up her sides to undo the towel. The towel fell off her body exposing her bossoms and tummy, they were right in front of him giving him full access to them. Edward wrapped his arms around her and ran his hands up her back as he started to nibble on her neck. She laid her hands on his shoulders and tried to hold on for dear life.

Emily squirmed and gave out a soft moan when his lips touched her neck. He started nibbling at it gently, but then the nibbles turned into sucking and kissing motions. The sensual feeling of his lips almost put her into shock, causing her to hang her head back in pleasure. She carressed his shoulders and his neck while he sucked on hers as if he were a vampire. She frantically undid his shirt buttons, wanting to feel his chest. When she undid all of the buttons on his chest, he freed his hands from her body to allow the shirt to fall of his back. Emily brought her face forward and kissed his neck and around his chest while he caressed her back and ran his fingers through her hair. When she was satisfied with tasting him, she hung her head back again, giving him his cue. His left hand supported her back, as his right hand moved from her back to her chest and then cupped her bossom and its hardened nipple. He fondled her bossom and cupped them gently as he brought his lips to those hershey kisses. As if it were a tasty candy, he sucked on it, savoring the taste. Emily let out a moan and hung her head back, allowing him to have his way with her. He kissed and sucked her nipples, happy to see her in pleasure. And as if he were like a hungry wolf, the soft gentle kisses turned a bit rough. He kissed and sucked at her like his life depended on it, as if he has eatened for days.

Oh Edward, she moned softly.

She could feel other parts of her body wanting more. She wanted to taste him. She wanted to taste his lips and kiss him, wanting to taste the mysterious guy that has been bugging at her emotions ever since she came to Salem. After he savored and sucked and fondled her breasts, she grabbed his shoulders and pulled him up towards her. Along the way up, he kissed her neck, causing her to tremble with pleasure. He layed soft kisses along the side of her neck, and then her chawline, and then her chin----and finally, her lips was his next destination. The part where Emily anticipated most. She closed her eyes, and puckered up, getting ready to kiss his lips as they approached. A sec, two seconds, three seconds, and then suddenly she felt him lift himself off of her. She opened her eyes and found him breathing hard with his head bent to the side.

Edward? She questioned longingly.

Edward - I.. I... I can't!!

And as if she were a parasite, he jolted up from kneeling. She looked up at him and searched his face to see what the hell happened. The man was breathing hard as if he just ran a marathon.

Emily - Edward? What's.. what's wrong?

Edward - Its a mistake.. I can't.. I can't do this, I'm sorry!

Emily - Edward, wait!

Edward - I shouldn't have crossed the line.

Emily - Edward??!

He quickly grabbed his shirt from the floor and headed towards the door, not even giving her and explaination to his sudden change of heart. And then, the door closed begind him. Emily sat there, breathing hard herself, wondering what went wrong. Everything felt so right, everything was going great until she pulled him up to kiss him.

Was that it?? He touched her body, but he couldn't bear to kiss her?? Ever since she was a little girl, Emily had always wondered how it felt like to kiss someone she truly loved and someone who truly loved her. There were many guys who were jerks and wanted to kiss her just so that they could brag to their friends that they kissed a girl, but Emily stayed away from them. She wanted to save that kiss for someone special. And tonight, she thought that someone was Edward, but he jolted up and acted like she was some sort of disease. The hurt crept up slowly from her heart causing tears to form. She didn't understand him at all, didn't understand what she did wrong or what happened.

She wiped away the hot tears that was burning at her eyes. She grabbed the clothes and put it on, feeling like crap. It's not like she could just stand up and run far away from him and let him see how hurt she felt. So all she could do was lay down and pulled the blanket over her. She didn't know how tired she felt until she laid down. Right away, her body sank into the matress and sleep took a hold of hrt body.

Out in the living, Edward shielded his face with his hands, trying to make the image of Emily's face and skin and lips disappear. He felt bad for letting his desire take over his body. He was doing fine until her lips were about to touch his. His heart wanted to kiss her, and show her just how much he liked her despite the way he treated her, but his mind told him no. He could remember that day clearly.

[Start Flashback]

Emmy Rose - Edward?

Edward - Yes..?

Emmy Rose - Would you ever kiss any other girl besides me?

Edward - Why would you ask that?

Emmy Rose - Because.. kisses are scared. A person can tell right away, just how much you love and adore them by your kisses.

Edward - Hehe Oh really? What about making love?? Doesn't that say a lot too?

Emmy Rose - No. You can make love or have sex with anyone, even your enemy because it just involves your bodies. But let me ask you this----could you kiss your enemy?? Could you bear kissing someone you don't love???

Edward - Hmm... Well, I wouldn't know that cause the only person I want to kiss and make love to is YOU.

Emmy Rose - I'm serious, Edward!

Edward - I am too.

Emmy Rose - So, you see what I mean?

Edward - Yes, my love.. my kisses are strictly yours only.

Emmy Rose chuckled.

Emmy Rose - Good.. cause mine are only for you. So promise me you'll never kiss anyone else, but me.

Edward - I promise.

[End of flashback]

ACT 22 COMING UP!