Quantity vs Quality

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Omg byebye! Yes you are lucky to be here today. Talking about stupid, one of my stupid moment was driving my brand new car around without knowing where to go. I was 16 and somehow ended up in Washington Heights at 1 am in the morning. I ran out of gas and I got out of the car to make a phone call instead of staying in the car. As I was making this call to my bf, a bunch of gun shots were going off, then I heard tire squealed. Boys in blue were chasing some dudes in red, having some turf war shoot out. Dropped my phone, I got into my car, heard sirens and at this time I was saying the hail Mary. My Windows got shot at and I thought I was a goner. I don't know how any minutes or hours went by when my car door open and some guy dragged me out and try to take my car but couldn't because uh gas empty. Then I heard him curse as well as the cops telling him to surrender, I was down on the floor crying. So in the end, the guy got arrested, the cops yelled at me for running out of gas then he hugged me cus I was the same age as his daughter. I got grounded for the rest of the summer.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Holy cow Meow, you and I can be twins lol but in all honestly, I have never been shot at. I would have been crying and praying too. I would have been in a shell shock if it was me.

When I first moved to Texas, I got a job at a lighting company. One of the girl that worked there had invited me to dinner so I decided to follow her to her house after work. Well, I lost her somewhere along the line and had no idea where I was going. I got lost for freaking 8 hours. My brother got so worried he called the cops reporting me missing. But since I was 18, they could not do anything until 24 hours later.

I got lost and ended up somewhere in the middle of the night. I have no idea where but the place is dark and isolated.. Anyway, I stopped at the first gas station I saw.  I pulled the door and almost like in a lakorn when the moment meant something, it goes in slow motion. I paused in my tracks because 4 black men sat there talking, once the door was opened they all stopped looking at me and time seemed to stand still.

I think all I did was blinked...and scared, the place smelled like marijuana it almost chocked me. No one was around and I knew I could be in deep trouble if I don't make my move correctly. Like an idiot, instead of running I tiptoed backed before closing the door :facepalm:. But once that door was closed I ran to my car but could not find my keys. I was shaking because there's no car around and I keep on thinking, if something happens no one was going to see me. I finally got in the car but not without making another mistake, I didn't drive off right away, I sat in my car thinking where am I at? I start the engine as soon as the gas station door opened because I knew then one of the men were looking at me.

By then I almost ran out of gas, so I found me another gas station but I didn't know how to gas my car cause no one ever thought me :shrug: I saw this man walked out and asked him if he could gas my car for me :no: I really have no idea who I survived my stupidity sometimes, It is unreal. lol

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Lol those guys were probably laughing afterwards. I got shot at twice. Second time was in Texas when I went home with my college roommate. We went to a bbq at her cousin's house and there was a fight that broke out, something about stealing each others girlfriend. I guess the boy of one of the guy fighting called for back up because a car drove up and some guy came out and start unloading his automatic weapons. Bullets went flying everywhere, I HEARD a bullet flew passed my head and hit the car behind me. I covered my head and dropped to the floor. Luckily that night no one got hit, that guy was a poor shooter. I never went home with her ever again lol.

Prakaidao

sarNie Adult
Goodness this is really interesting...sadly I have no exciting stories to tell. I'm really enjoying reading this thread and all of your hilarious stories instead of studying for finals. :D

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Since this thread has derailed and seemed to go the dumb route I'll add lol

A few years ago, I was waiting in the ICU waiting room because someone I knew had surgery. Anyway, there's another family that was waiting with me. Their loved one seemed to be in a worst shape and wasn't going to live. Two doctors walked in, without giving me a chance to get up or do anything, they closed the door. I looked around the room and knew I was stuck.

I sat next to one of the son, since there were limited chairs. The doctors right away went on about how they made the right choice about pulling her off life support and all that sad stuff. The family members were very emotional, respectfully so. While, I sat there with a magazine in hand, eating my cracker, looking up and down, at the TV. I flipped through the magazine pages and try so hard not to look at the doctors or the family members. At one point, I think I even licked my fingers.

One of the doctor gave me this weird look...wondering why I was acting so strange and doesn't seem sad or distraught with the news while others were crying. Well, later that day, I was sitting with my family member in his room and one of the doctor walked by and had to stopped and take a second look. When he was talking to the family in the ICU room, he thought all along I was married to one of the sons. He told me, that was the first time ever in his career that had ever happened.

I told him, sorry, but you didn't give me a chance to say anything. You went straight to it and I just didn't know what to do so I stayed put :huh:

fun

Expired Sarnie
Ncmeowmeow35 said:
Omg lol that was a death wish righ there.
Considering I was just a kid, I was freaked out of my mind. I have seen violence, gun shooting, etc first hand but not where the gun was directly pointed towards me. I mean the chances if he pulled that trigger, it would have hit either me or my aunt. 

byebye said:
Like that one saying goes...Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experienced.
Oh my that's my youngest sister right there. She thinks she's all hardcore because she always have the last word. You know people who thinks they won because you realize you are arguing with a rock and decided to not argue any further.

preetam said:
lmao I feel you when you say about not sugarcoating ugly thing. I do the same thing. My mom is a better diplomate at saying things 'nicely' but still very impactful at 'waking up' people on ugly behaviour :)
I am not a confrontational person. I actually like to avoid because dealing with idiots is just not my thing. 

Ncmeowmeow35 said:
Lol those guys were probably laughing afterwards. I got shot at twice. Second time was in Texas when I went home with my college roommate. We went to a bbq at her cousin's house and there was a fight that broke out, something about stealing each others girlfriend. I guess the boy of one of the guy fighting called for back up because a car drove up and some guy came out and start unloading his automatic weapons. Bullets went flying everywhere, I HEARD a bullet flew passed my head and hit the car behind me. I covered my head and dropped to the floor. Luckily that night no one got hit, that guy was a poor shooter. I never went home with her ever again lol.
You know what, I grew up in the ghetto and like I have said seen and been in a lot of ugly and dangerous situation. There will be a gun shooting going on and I would just carry on what I am doing unless it's right in front of me. My friends questions me, why am I not afraid or why am I not panicking? To be honest, I am scared as hell but it just doesn't show on my face. I sort of learn how to stay/remain calm despite being scared.

byebye said:
Since this thread has derailed and seemed to go the dumb route I'll add lol

A few years ago, I was waiting in the ICU waiting room because someone I knew had surgery. Anyway, there's another family that was waiting with me. Their loved one seemed to be in a worst shape and wasn't going to live. Two doctors walked in, without giving me a chance to get up or do anything, they closed the door. I looked around the room and knew I was stuck.

I sat next to one of the son, since there were limited chairs. The doctors right away went on about how they made the right choice about pulling her off life support and all that sad stuff. The family members were very emotional, respectfully so. While, I sat there with a magazine in hand, eating my cracker, looking up and down, at the TV. I flipped through the magazine pages and try so hard not to look at the doctors or the family members. At one point, I think I even licked my fingers.

One of the doctor gave me this weird look...wondering why I was acting so strange and doesn't seem sad or distraught with the news while others were crying. Well, later that day, I was sitting with my family member in his room and one of the doctor walked by and had to stopped and take a second look. When he was talking to the family in the ICU room, he thought all along I was married to one of the sons. He told me, that was the first time ever in his career that had ever happened.

I told him, sorry, but you didn't give me a chance to say anything. You went straight to it and I just didn't know what to do so I stayed put :huh:
Haha I have been in too many awkward/funny situation. The doctor must have been embarrassed. Actually if it was me, I wouldn't have even mentioned it lol 

byebye

sarNie OldFart
@ Fun: That doctor was embarrassed, even when he told me again, his face was red but he said, that's going to be one story to tell.

Ok, I guess, I will start the awkward, silly moments. These little stories sometimes are funny to look back on.

When I first got married we went to the horse track. I was suddenly thirsty and wanted to get something to drink. I asked my husband if I can get a soda...hubby said, no. That I should get water instead. Well, what happened next, I thought was crazy funny.

This guy standing next to me, with his girlfriend, was upset that my husband didn't get the soda for me lol. He suddenly, turned red and asked what that guy was to me. I, of course, when things happened so fast never could think of anything to answer. That guy, was actually pissed by now. He said to me, this is a free country, you buy what you want. He can't tell you what to do. And this is me looking at him :shock2: :shock2: :shock2:

He said, if you want a soda, buy the soda! What is he going to do to you huh? Is he going to hurt you because you got soda instead of water? His voice rose a little more each time. His girlfriend, grabbed his arm. Told him it's none of his business. That it's between a couple.

That only made the guy became worst. He started cussing by now. He was like, what the F***is wrong with him, all she wanted was a F****** soda, she can get what she wants he doesn't control her. Damn!!! And about that time, my husband turned around to see what was going on. That guy, was giving my husband this deadly stare while his girlfriend dragged him away by his arm.  I started to :) :phew:

fun

Expired Sarnie
I think the guy must have known someone who was physically abused by a spouse/partner and saw it as that as your husband didn't want you to drink what you wanted. 

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Probably, I think that was the only thing I can think of. I was touched that the stranger cared but it took me by surprised. His face was so red and if my husband was to witnessed all of it, there would have been a fight. My husband stepped away to look at the menu closer when all of this happened. Through all his yelling, I did told him once that it's OK, I'll get water. But he didn't like that. He kept on saying, you get what you want. He won't hurt you...It's a F*** soda. Though, I didn't care much for the bad words

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Hahahha....Phatman

You know we never stay on topic. I don't think I ever been on topic about anything lol

fun

Expired Sarnie
phatman said:
Is the title a decoy?? Haha. What happened to quantity vs quality??? Hahaha.
It's pretty much relevant lol It's not like out of the blue where we go off topic. One thing just lead to another which equals to staying on topic. It just branched out, that's all lol

Anyway going back on topic then...

So Chalida is causing problems because she wants to stay relevant according to some people. But it's her choice to have limited lakorn per year. She received offers but she declines them in order to pursue her educational goals. Plus she has Pupa's family backing. If she really wanted to be kept in the news, she could have just gone to him. Having lakorns per year does not determine your popularity. How she is still getting nang ek roles if she wasn't? Sure she may not have the status or talent like some other daras but she has enough to keep her going. 

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Title was a decoy haha the real title supposed to be: what's your real opinions about so and so

But yeah that might open too much there hahaha.

If Chalida wants to be in only one lakorn per year that is her choice. Why must she have to over saturate the airtime? She build her fan base already. What is the big deal? One thing I do complain about with chalida is her choice of lakorns! They're not that good!:(

Step

Mrs James Ma
OMG I'm laughing and scared at the same time. Laughing cos some are funny, scared cos some have gone through dangerous stuffs.

OHOaddict

The Dahlia Goddess
I swear I would love to meet some of you ladies from AF in real life. You guys lead some of the most spontaneous lives ever. Haha I couldn't help but laugh over each blunt/serious situation.

Back on topic!! Wait what were we talking about?

Oh duh Chalida. Hmm..I feel like it's been forever since I've seen a drama of her that I've enjoyed. Whatever it is I hope she can choose better lakorns.

sarN

sarNie Granny
ya' ladies are so blunt lol but guess what , I have one hella of a life in the pass 6 years as well ,spontaneous adventure & a crazy love life ^^^^ @ OHO, if you meet me in real life , all we talk about is plotting to snatch young man & where to find one HAHAHA

OHOaddict

The Dahlia Goddess
@sarN me and one of friends once made a plan to kidnap a Korean celeb by plane overnight. It made a lot of sense to us although everything we said was impossible. Lol

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Let's open up some conversation with no attacks on opinions. Those who can not stand for their fave to be negatively compared or talked about need to stay away.

Let's start with ch3 QUANTITY, who do you think has too many lakorns but their acting sucks and need to go to acting classes and why: