Choose

• Papaya

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pho

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
Okay..like 5 minutes ago me and my sister were arguing about which of these two dishes were more "popular" among us asians and which we'd prefer.
I say papaya but she says pho.
So since we cannot come to an agreement on this she said "Oh yae well let's go ask on Sarn then."
And thus, here I am!
So which would you prefer?!
CHOOSE ONE!!

Of course as for me...i say papaya :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sazerac/500106672/ <-- Papaya

<--Pho

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
^ omg you don't know what Pho is!!!??
O_O

Um..well..its like noodles..but not...? im not exactly sure how to explain.
=x

ChenrukNote

Goddess
If people don't know what Pho is then they are not Asian. Pho is viet noodles with often times beef but they also have chicken pho and shrimp pho. However, I chose papaya salad because it is theeeeeeee yummiest thing ever. It gives you all the flavors you need such as spicy, sour and sometimes even sweet. Damn I am craving it right now that I think about it.

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
lol sorry i can't join ur crew nong'tao and nai nai..... i'm a pho lover...... i've made too many papaya's @ New years and Soccer Tourney's that now i've dislike eating/making it.....

lol i actually kinda believe her when she said she dont know what's PHO!!! hahhhaha

Thanamas89

sarNie Oldmaid
ICIC...I'm asian..But I never at all asian food..Never had Pho..So can't judge..I eat a lot of 'Kuay Thiew' though 555..Anyways..I'll choose 'Som Tum then' keke..I love it so much..Especially with chicken..Yummmm...

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
.....ok ladies i know this is random but im gonna go nite nite lol and the papaya salad the hotter the better! well i have to go meet my husband at his work pllace and go home and then go nite nite I'll talk to u guys later on =] take care my sexy sarNie ladies! much loves! muah!

noungning

Heartless
kuay thiew and pho is the same thing!!!

um i pick pho over papaya anyday lmao!! my mom makes it every other day... for my whole life...!!! i'm kinda sick of it seriously lmao

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
THIS IS HARD!!!!

I FIND THAT QUESTION ABSURD!!!

joking. :D

for me... papaya.

i can have papaya everday and not get too bored.
but i think pho is more like... it taste good once in a loooong time.

but above those two... it's all about them kao pon. (spell check)

curry noodle. B)

mizterkevin

sarNie Juvenile
I don't see the big deal with pho. I ate it when I was young, and there wasn't anything special. It wasn't until I had a bunch of people ask me in middle school if I ate Pho, and they told me how good it was. It's kind of like how people like to go crazy over kimchi but Korean's are like wth...it's just old cabbage.

XCappy

Mr. Char
For my mouth, these 2 dishes are really good, BUT I tend to say pho. Now there is a point I don't really understand (in France, I don't know about others countries), especially with Asians :

A new Asian restaurant has opened. So one say :

"Do you know the restaurant ?"
"Hmm... no, is it good ? What about their pho ?"

It mostly starts with these 2 sentences. 2 possible cases now :

Their pho is good : "Cool, I'll go to this restaurant next week-end and try their PHO."

Their pho isn't good : "I won't go."

Well, why asking if the pho is good. There are lots of others dishes. I've never heard someone ask if their papaya was good.

Of course, it depends about which specialities we consider but really, why pho.
So, my conclusion goes to : Pho is more popular.

However, popularity depends on the country. I was in Vietnam years ago and I had pho for breakfast, lunch, break, dinner... I was in Thailand after Vietnam, there were this old woman that sell papaya salad. Of course... we bought all her boxes.

Ok, break time, I'll get something to satisfy my tummy.

Edit : I wonder how you guys eat the papaya ? (Does it exist any other way to eat it ?) I like it with bread and lots of spice, like a papaya sandwich :D

noungning

Heartless
wth papaya sandwich!?!?! lol yeah i guess there are many ways to eat it then hehe. :p

i really like other dishes way more lmao... um lao food there are many other good dishes between pho and papaya salad... well IMHO.

genkers

sarNie Juvenile
k hardest thing i have to do ever

i want to say both but pho for me beats papya by just a little bit not but by like a millimeter heheheehe

nolee

sarNie Adult
omb, what a hard question!! I have no idea.. if i can't pick&choose then i'll eat both! LOL. ima pig.