Choose

• Papaya

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pho

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Thanamas89

sarNie Oldmaid
Well in Thailand we don't eat our Kuay Thiew like the picture posted up..It looks different...Thats why I didn't know what it is and Pho..We don't say Pho so yea..But overall I like both then..But som tum isn't fattening 555..When I eat kuay thiew it makes me full fast and feel bloated..

OK_na_tur

sarNie Juvenile
i choose neither!! i juss had pho yesterday!! aahaha... anyhu ... ben eatin pho n papaya salad my whole life. cant really take either side. kinda get sick of it when ur eatin it evry other week.

mizterkevin

sarNie Juvenile
For my mouth, these 2 dishes are really good, BUT I tend to say pho. Now there is a point I don't really understand (in France, I don't know about others countries), especially with Asians :

A new Asian restaurant has opened. So one say :

"Do you know the restaurant ?"
"Hmm... no, is it good ? What about their pho ?"

It mostly starts with these 2 sentences. 2 possible cases now :

Their pho is good : "Cool, I'll go to this restaurant next week-end and try their PHO."

Their pho isn't good : "I won't go."

Well, why asking if the pho is good. There are lots of others dishes. I've never heard someone ask if their papaya was good.

Of course, it depends about which specialities we consider but really, why pho.
So, my conclusion goes to : Pho is more popular.

However, popularity depends on the country. I was in Vietnam years ago and I had pho for breakfast, lunch, break, dinner... I was in Thailand after Vietnam, there were this old woman that sell papaya salad. Of course... we bought all her boxes.

Ok, break time, I'll get something to satisfy my tummy.

Edit : I wonder how you guys eat the papaya ? (Does it exist any other way to eat it ?) I like it with bread and lots of spice, like a papaya sandwich :D
Um...If you do remember, the French did take over Indo-China.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pho

History of Pho.

I think Vietnam was the most influenced by the French Regime.

It's more popular in France, I think, because of the refugees that came over back in '75.

You see it more in the United States because of the Vietnam War (Conflict)

If Thailand were to have a war and their people were sent in massive loads to France and United States, than I'm sure Papaya would be very popular.

For me, I don't see the big deal. It's just cow bones boiled over night in water with noodles.

As for Papaya...never tried it. Any good places?

Anyone hate....Panda Express? or....Peiwei?

CTR

The Realist guy here period
Well in Thailand we don't eat our Kuay Thiew like the picture posted up..It looks different...Thats why I didn't know what it is and Pho..We don't say Pho so yea..But overall I like both then..But som tum isn't fattening 555..When I eat kuay thiew it makes me full fast and feel bloated..
lol. hehe. :D They are the same thing just like someone said before. It's basically the same thing, it's just that different culture adapted it differently. Yeah, my mom use the term kuay Thiew and Som Tum while my dad use the term Pho and Papaya Salad. It's ok that you didn't know because different culture use different name for it. I only know because I'm mixed in heritage.

Thai: Kuay Thiew ------ Som Tum

Lao: Pho ---------------- Tum Buk Hwung

Kina

Dubsteppin'
I love BOTH, but....I'm gonna have to say Papaya. Love it! I like it extre spicy but due to health problems, I can only eat it a little above medium spicy. Wa!

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
i love papaya i know i can eat it everday too and never get tired of it except i don't like it spicy >.< i love pho too its good but i can't eat it all the time like papaya.

Grudgeprincess

JLR FEVER
wow DEFF. PHO for me!! ahhh i love it its AHMAZING my dad makes the GReAtest ahmazingEST tasting pho you will EVER put in ur mouth hahha but yea its seriously good i could eat it everyday you haven't tasted pho until you tasted my dad's hahhahahha but yepp deff. pho i'm half thai and vietnamese so yea got to represent the asian persuasion ahhahha

Linn

SarNworld Wonderer
currently it was a 13-13 tied n then I voted pho...so now it's 13-14

I like pho more just cuz I can eat it more often than papaya...papaya I like to make my own, control what I put in

pho is more widespread...u can find it at many asian restaurant...it's reasonalbe price too

o n like someone said pho is viet's word for rice noodle...there're diff styles to make them: thai, khmer, viet...etc

KristyS

Lakorn Obsesser
Man, I feel like eating papaya salad now. Everywhere I go is papaya salad. Just the other day, these guy friend were just talking about papaya salad and how they had to go to the hospital because of it :loool: .

kitkat

sarNie Elites
PHO ALL THE WAY! well, i eat it like 3 times a week with my brother.
'cause mom always makes papaya for every single day PLUS family
gathering parties, too. so i easily have enough of it... ^^;

Prisna

sarNie Oldmaid
I never have Pho but I love Pork Noodle and Papaya salad. Wonder if Pho and Pork noodle the same?