AikOm^_^

Just an ordinary gal in an extraordinary world.
aiyaja said:
Omg. I would hate Watit even more. Hahah.

But I want to see Toomtam force himself on Vill. :teary: Haha, but Rut and his actions are more than satisfying, so that will do. :D

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Yes, the person who shot the gun will be held in custody; however, I don't think it's the defendant's responsibility to pay for the plaintiff's medical expense without having a fair trial first. Judging from the victim's appearance and parents' financial demand, they are not wealthy or have the power to control the verdict with some type of ransom. Heck, if they had that much power and wealth, they wouldn't be demanding 20 million baht. They seem more money hungry by trying to benefit from their son's misfortune. They probably thought May's family is rich.  I'm unsure of what the law is over there also, but over in the U.S., many cases are given fair trial before anything is ruled in. A lot of shooters have walked off free after evidence of self-defense. I think it'd make more sense if they had to find that much money to bail the brother out. I'm taking this too seriously, but it just bothers me because it doesn't make sense that May is marrying someone she doesn't love due to this.

AikOm^_^

Mahalo said:
Yes, the person who shot the gun will be held in custody; however, I don't think it's the defendant's responsibility to pay for the plaintiff's medical expense without having a fair trial first. Judging from the victim's appearance and parents' financial demand, they are not wealthy or have the power to control the verdict with some type of ransom. Heck, if they had that much power and wealth, they wouldn't be demanding 20 million baht. They seem more money hungry by trying to benefit from their son's misfortune. They probably thought May's family is rich.  I'm unsure of what the law is over there also, but over in the U.S., many cases are given fair trial before anything is ruled in. A lot of shooters have walked off free after evidence of self-defense. I think it'd make more sense if they had to find that much money to bail the brother out.

Are you majoring in law, Mahalo? You're so smart. :wackonut: Thanks for your explanations!

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Maiko^_^ said:

Are you majoring in law, Mahalo? You're so smart. :wackonut: Thanks for your explanations!
Not a law major. Lol. I wish. I'm more outspoken through text than in person. Haha. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Well Goon was a total ass. Goon told him that May ddoesn't love him and that the two of them already slept together. For some reason I think I remember too much of a lakorn I didn't like lol

They really changed Wathit. He was kind of a meanie even with a heart disease.

AikOm^_^

Mahalo said:
Not a law major. Lol. I wish. I'm more outspoken through text than in person. Haha. 

It requires quick wit and a silver tongue...thankfully, I'm out.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
It's Thailand. Lol The compensation is called "ka tam kwan," a very common term I hear thrown in the police station, so to them, I don't think it's anything new or odd to have Mai pay the medical expenses. Their laws are different. Sometimes, things may not even hit courts if they can settle outside or the charges are dropped. I don't know if they have strict gun laws either. Only California does. Lol Plus, have you watched those documentaries in Thailand? You're guilty first and then they give you a trail. Unless you're very rich and powerful to get out of that. You go to prison like that! It's fast and scary. Good luck getting a trial but you start serving your term even without a trial.

Yeah, that's why Tippy said, are you using that money towards your son or to build a resort? Hahaha, gotta love her!

Ummm, Mai didn't shoot a public figure like a celebrity or politician to request that large of a bail.

AikOm^_^

fun said:
Well Goon was a total ass. Goon told him that May ddoesn't love him and that the two of them already slept together. For some reason I think I remember too much of a lakorn I didn't like lol

They really changed Wathit. He was kind of a meanie even with a heart disease.

Oh, you're referring to Kob and Brook's version, right, Fun? Haha, the unpleasant memories coming back? :lol:

fun

Expired Sarnie
When it comes to Thai laws, I don't pay much attention to. It would be nice to see a procedural or medical themed lakorn.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Maiko^_^ said:

It requires quick wit and a silver tongue...thankfully, I'm out.
Indeed! Plus, I can't argue well. Lol. I'm always torn between two point of views. I like to be fair. With law, justice is blind in a sense that people defend liars because it's their job to defend, not bring justice. 

MissSunny

sarNie Adult
Maiko^_^ said:

Ooh, I know exactly how you feel. :console: Welcome home! :grouphug: Haha, glad you're feeling much better! Here we go, waiting for Monday. :cry1: :lmao:
YAY TOMROROW IS FINALLY FRIDAY!!!! We won't have to wait much longer!!!! I bet next week is when we will get to see the switch happen between Watit and Rut!!!!! 

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
I want to see Rut push himself on May, not Watit. It's like when I was happy when Thit was all over Gan, not Nee. Hehe.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
But I just see that there were so many witnesses that had seen the fight  broke out. I think there's enough evidence to rule that it was self-defense. If that is seriously the law over, that's pretty sad. The U.S. is the opposite. It's innocent until proven guilty. Haha. 

songielove

sarNie Juvenile
I know of the original but have never seen it, so to be fair, I do like Watit. XD But, I know I like him because I feel sorry for him (..and yeah, he's cute! Haha). Not that he was born with a disease, but because of the disease, he was viewed and treated a certain way and brought up with a silver spoon in his mouth. (FYI: Feeling sorry for someone is never a healthy reason to like that person, haha.) So yes, I do like his characterization. It's not like he doesn't have reasons to be the way he is. He can certainly do something about the situation, but he doesn't because that likely has always been his coping method: to give up and wait for death (-- which is pretty much like handing over all his points to Ruth.. it's already an indicator of the differences between these two). Besides, Por Liang is always going out of his way to find solutions to satisfy him. It's sad because it's not like Watit is taking advantage of it, but it's because that's all he really knows. The world his father has built for him was meant to be beautiful, not difficult. But it's unfair for him and others because the real world isn't like that.

I don't know about Goon. His love is real, right? But turns ugly I suppose? Or is it eventual that if he wins over May, it would mean him winning over Watit for taking his uncle from him..? I still can't believe Tar is here. XD

AikOm^_^

I'm overwhelmed how fast this thread is moving. My tired mind can't keep up. :weee:

aiyaja said:
It's Thailand. Lol The compensation is called "ka tam kwan," a very common term I hear thrown in the police station, so to them, I don't think it's anything new or odd to have Mai pay the medical expenses. Their laws are different. Sometimes, things may not even hit courts if they can settle outside or the charges are dropped. I don't know if they have strict gun laws either. Only California does. Lol Plus, have you watched those documentaries in Thailand? You're guilty first and they give you a trail. You go to prison like that! It's fast and scary. Good luck getting a trial but you start serving your term even without a trial.

Yeah, that's why Tippy said, are you using that money towards your son or to built a resort? Hahaha, gotta love her!

Ummm, Mai didn't shoot a public figure like a celebrity or politician to request that large of a bail.

Aw, Tippy's so cool! :thumbsup:

fun said:
When it comes to Thai laws, I don't pay much attention to. It would be nice to see a procedural or medical themed lakorn.

...It could happen one day. :lol2:

Mahalo said:
Indeed! Plus, I can't argue well. Lol. I'm always torn between two point of views. I like to be fair. With law, justice is blind in a sense that people defend liars because it's their job to defend, not bring justice. 

Wha? But you do argue really well. Too well. :nailbiter: I wouldn't want to go against you. :hide: Aw, that last part is so true...with a few exceptions, thank goodness. I'm sure there are some moral lawyers out there. :)

huajaikaungtur said:
That would be so cool :eek:

And you girls are moving this thread too fast, hahaha.

:lmao2: My exact sentiments. :highfive:

fun said:
Yes I was referring to Brook/Kob version.

Gotcha. ;)

MissSunny said:
YAY TOMROROW IS FINALLY FRIDAY!!!! We won't have to wait much longer!!!! I bet next week is when we will get to see the switch happen between Watit and Rut!!!!! 

Still two days, though. :cry1: I heard the switch may not happen until the following week...which would be too long. I'm keeping fingers crossed that it'll happen next week!

aiyaja said:
I want to see Rut push himself on May, not Watit. It's like when I was happy when Thit was all over Gan, not Nee. Hehe.

Haha, ok, true! :lolyup:

Mahalo said:
But I just see that there were so many witnesses that had seen the fight  broke out. I think there's enough evidence to rule that it was self-defense. If that is seriously the law over, that's pretty sad. The U.S. is the opposite. It's innocent until proven guilty. Haha. 

Some countries are like that, sadly. :no:

songielove said:
I know of the original but have never seen it, so to be fair, I do like Watit. XD But, I know I like him because I feel sorry for him (..well, he is cute too haha). Not that he was born with a disease, but because of the disease, he was viewed and treated a certain way and brought up with a silver spoon in his mouth. (FYI: Feeling sorry for someone is never a healthy reason to like that person, haha.) So yes, I do like his characterization. It's not like he doesn't have reasons to be the way he is. He can certainly do something about the situation, but he doesn't because that likely has always been his coping method: to give up and wait for death (-- which is pretty much like handing over all his points to Ruth.. it's already an indicator of the differences between these two). Besides, Por Liang is always going out of his way to find solutions to satisfy him. It's sad because it's not like Watit is taking advantage of it, but it's because that's all he really knows. The world his uncle has built for him was meant to be beautiful, not difficult. But it's unfair for him and others because the real world isn't like that.

I don't know about Goon. His love is real, right? But turns ugly I suppose? Or is it eventual that if he wins over May, it would mean he winning over Watit for taking his father from him..? I still can't believe Tar is here. XD

Yay, Songie! A Watit lover. :bhehe: Hehe, why do you have trouble believing Navin is in here? :lol:

fun

Expired Sarnie
Sometimes the justice system does notbring justice. But here at least you get a fighting chance.

This girl accused a man of rape. He was sentence to 5 years and an additional 5 years of probation. She sued the school for 1.7 million. 10 years later she was caught in a confession that she was not raped. Karma has her good because she is being sued for 2 point Something million. Sadly she spent 1.7 in the span of 10 years.

AikOm^_^

fun said:
Sometimes the justice system does notbring justice. But here at least you get a fighting chance.

This girl accused a man of rape. He was sentence to 5 years and an additional 5 years of probation. She sued the school for 1.7 million. 10 years later she was caught in a confession that she was not raped. Karma has her good because she is being sued for 2 point Something million. Sadly she spent 1.7 in the span of 10 years.

No, sometimes, it does not. :no: That kind of situation happens all the time.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
In Asian countries, there are no witnesses who will come forth. No one wants to be involved. That's the saddest thing. I remember watching this one lady come on Thai television once about how she got beat up by this guy who rammed into her car. He rammed into her car, was at fault, and when she came out to say something to him, they both got into a heated argument. By the time she realized it, he had already beaten her up so badly right there in public, on the side of the road. People just drove by and walked by. When one or two people stopped to look, the guy said that she was his wife for others not to bud in and those people just continued walking without helping when she was screaming that's not true for them to help her. What was most messed up was at the end of the news segment, the host of the news show blamed her. He was like, everyone, please remember if you get into a similar situation, please don't talk back or argue back or else you may end up like her. Never once did he say that guy was wrong for beating up a woman.