Ngao Ah Soak (Exact)

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
yup i'm so with you....i can't find anything to watch that would make me as happy as ngao asoke did!
i kinda gave up on all the other lakorns that i was watching cause they were not getting good!
i want ngao asoke to keep going man the ending was so rushed!
yes i know, if you knew what i watched since ngao asoke is ended, you don't believe it! oil and kwan :wub: and ngao asoke of course :wub:

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
i actually wouldn't buy this version of ngao asoke even though it was a classic storyline that has been recycled a few times, and a pretty decent redo too. i was too annoyed by peung and sometimes, viyada...but mostly peung. i almost couldn't even finish it.

you know, that peung, she's a cute girl (although, i didn't think so when i first saw her, but she grew on me a teeny). however, acting wise, she made me want to puke most of the time. NOBODY IS THAT "GOOD" AND "WEAK"....VOLUNTARILY. WE GET THAT PBEE IS INNOCENT...AND KIND....AND WEEEEEEAK, but damn, weak people have other emotions too. even the kindest person in the world have moments of strength and diverse emotions where the speed of their words would change. she didn't. she just spoke so extremely slow for every emotion....like literally speaking physically slow. when she was nice, she talked slow. when she was grateful, she talked slow. when she was excited, she talked slow. when she was mad, she talked slow. when she was talking to her damn self, she talked slow. and when she was sad, she talked even slower...and kept turning her head to the left and right and to the left and right...so much that her character made the lakorn seem like it was dragging a lot of the times!! lol

don't get me wrong, i think peung might/will grow as an actor because at least she could squeeze tears out non-stop. but like i said, her acting right now...wow...i don't how to begin. it was so OVERLY done and forced that i got annoyed by it. i watched this lakorn all the way until the end for a few reasons. one, it was a pretty good storyline and i've seen the old version so might as well. two, because i like lakorns where the nang'eks gets cornered by the pra'eks. and three, i was hoping peung would get more variated and diverse in her responses and emotions...like get stronger or a liiiittle more aggressive when she would "pbrachote koon mon" etc., but in the end, nothing. poor pong had to counter her emotions which was SUPPOSE be different for various scenes but in the end, he had nothing to work off of and still did a pretty good job! and i swear if she turns her head left and right, over and over anymore, it's going to twist off her head. lol

as for viyada...she's a weird case. she's a very strong actor but she needs to know when to tone down for certain roles and settings...or at least for a cast that is more laid back. especially in that time period (according to that lakorn), no one was that openly disrespectful and "glra-dae." LOL

overall, cute scene at the end of the lakorn. LMAO
lol yes yes...by ep. 17 i think...i was getting so frustrated w/ Peung's acting...wen Monthai pulled her out of the fire she didn't seem like a person who was just in a fire...almost near death...she actuallie looked a bit bored and tired in his arms..lol :lol: ...but i honestly thought her acting progressed as the lakorn went on....or maybe it was just cuz i got use to it..j/k...no...i was happie w/ the scene where Monthai w/ rubbing it i her face asking her to choose a color..i actuallie saw emotion in her eyes..i was thanking the person above for tat tiny emotion...lol...and also the sweet kissing scene was good w/ emotion and the scene outside where Monthai left her alone because he was afraid of his emotions....tat was good..you could hear it in her voice and see it in her eyes...so i actuallie enjoyed tis lakorn in watching her grow..acting wise..i alreadi knew she wasn't gonna get any stronger...but to me honestly i was okay w/ it...she grew up poor...grew up as a slave w/ no right...w/ ppl constantly putting her down...if u grew up tat way...it's hard to change and just be strong suddenly....so i'll give her tat much...better than tose other nang'ek who doesn't reallie have an excuse to be weak...ehehe..a lot of ppl seem bother by her talking...i wasn't one of 'em..but i tink it was okay for her character...i want to see a hyper Peung for her next role....see how she'll act / talk...because i dun tink tis character gave room for her acting talent or flaws much..not much variety..just a lot of crying and shy stuff...ehehe

last comment...she's soo BEAUTIFUL & ADORABLE :wub:

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
ae kind of bothered me in the other version too and i thought peung would bring some originality to the newer version but it didn't happen. in my opinion, the writers actually added more room for emotions and transition in the newer version. but yeah, it's not easy, especially for a young person like peung.

like i mentioned earlier, i feel that peung will grow as an actor. she has potential, and i don't blame her. i just wished it hadn't been this script/storyline....one of my all time favorites. lol

i can look at it this way though. i mean, if peung was studying off of ae's version (which would have been a big mistake...and actually seemed like she did...haha), she wouldn't have had much to work off of at all. so then, peung's not the first annoyance of this script.

both nang'eks in both ngao asoke versions were adorable though, which is why i kept on watching. also, peung and pong looked adorable together too despite the portrayal of the overly vulnerable pbee. the adorableness really makes up for it. if peung was "ugly" AND can't act, i would have let it all out of the can. LMAO

in general, i just can't stand when a nang'ek or pra'ek is "ugly" and on top of that, can't act. it makes you wonder how the hell they got into the business. hahaha either the "easy" way or the "high-so" way, right? :lol:

Ash

sarNie Egg
I felt like most of you too at first. I was annoyed how weak the leading pair was. But after I actually watch some of the parts for the second time, I could understand why Peung's character was the way she was. Imagine you are an orphan who living with someone and you don't have any other relatives to rely on, and being the time that they were in, it must really be tough for her. Imagine they don't like her and kick her out. I think one of the part, the prak'ek actually asked the nang'ek to leave the estate.

We as the viewer see everything, but Pong's character doesn't see everything. So I can understand why we are frustrated because we see the bad and good side of everyone. Anways, there is more to it but you should get the drift. :D

LOL

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
it's definitely understandable that pong would misunderstand many things...especially when the character, pbee, is that stupid and misleading his suspicions all the time. hahaha

my point is that, in the real world, no one is that "weak". the role calls for a "good" and "grateful" person, not an incredibly weak and fragile flower. i think both ae and peung misinterpreted the role in that sense, because a lot of lines called for the character, pbee, to be a bit more fiesty, espeeeecially with mon tai...but the lines were never delivered well enough to my satisfaction. lol

i blame the writers for putting so much idealism into the script. the role of pbee is just too unrealistic. for example (just one small example), viyada lies to pbee so much that pbee shouldn't and couldnt possibly be able to believe or give in to viyada's deceit anymore, but pbee still miraculously does. it's very ridiculous. i know that this is a lakorn, but they went really overboard with the fragility of the nang'ek. dude, pbee "owes" her respect to mon tai's mom too. on top of that, mon tai's mom appreciated her more. and i know that pbee was with viyada longer but come on....i'm not asking for her to pick sides or anything, but the nang ek role didnt have to be that insanely stupid. it's not naivity anymore...it's pure stupidity. if pbee truly knew the meaning of what grateful meant, like how everyone in the lakorn says she is, she wouldn't have ultimately betrayed mon tai's momma and actually get his momma killed by viyada. in my opinion, she could have done something about viyada. but she waited until it was too late and didn't say anything about it. and don't even get me started about after the death. lol

this lakorn was very enjoyable, but a lot of very ridiculous scripting and uncoached acting could have been worked on. it might have been on my top ten list, but there were too many flaws, so it's not.

on a side note, i wonder if peung and pong are seeing each other. i saw them making googly eyes at each other on a talk show somewhere. does anyone have any info? so cute!

Kelly

wow.....yea true i guess peung could have done something about pongs mom death...
but idk why i love this lakorn so much true peung should have been more strong but i like the lakorn the way it is!
i think if i have to change something it would only be for pongs mom not to die but viyada dies!

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
wow.....yea true i guess peung could have done something about pongs mom death...
but idk why i love this lakorn so much true peung should have been more strong but i like the lakorn the way it is!
i think if i have to change something it would only be for pongs mom not to die but viyada dies!
yeah, i know, right?? why the hell did they make viyada's punishment so quick at the end?? i mean, sure, she's going to prison, but a lot more should have happened to her ass! after everything that she did, she should have been paralyzed or something from the car accident that she was in and then get taken off to prison! haha damn, i'm evil myself to wish that on someone...well, a lakorn character. hahaha same difference. :huh: :lol:

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I've yet to watch a lakorn where I was satisfied with Nang'lais punishment. I hate it when they go crazy or they are forgiven by the nang'aek or pa'aek.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I finally came around to watching the final episode. Earlier, I wasn't going to watch it since I already read the screen caps, but I decided that I wanted to watch Wiyada's lies and secrets being exposed. .... First off... I was a bit disappointed... I wanted that vicious bitch to literally get on her knees in front of Bpee and beg for forgiveness, and instead of Bpee forgiving her, I wanted Bpee to condemn her, but it was too good to be sure.

Yet another lakorn with the 1 minute of happiness at the end where the pa'aek and nang'aek protest their love, but oh well... I guess it won't be a lakorn if there weren't enough complications to drive us crazy.

And then the parts that got me so choked up was when Bpee ran after the car. There's just something about scenes like that, that gets to me.. but overall, this was a very good lakorn. I give it a C+.

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
And then the parts that got me so choked up was when Bpee ran after the car. There's just something about scenes like that, that gets to me.. but overall, this was a very good lakorn. I give it a C+.
really? i love this part, it's one of my favorite in this episode. reminds me when she was a child who running after monthai's car. her expression, her voice, all in her shows her love for monthai, it's very sweet.

jaemin

sarNie Hatchling
really? i love this part, it's one of my favorite in this episode. reminds me when she was a child who running after monthai's car. her expression, her voice, all in her shows her love for monthai, it's very sweet.
I enjoy watching that scene too since it shows her expressions and how much she loves Monthai no matter what he's done to her. But still, I prefer Monthai's the one to chase after Bpee more. He needs the punishment for his stupidity and misunderstandings towards Bpee.
Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing Peung's next project. Hopefully, her next script she's going to pick will give her more chances to show more of her acting skills. Love Peung, a natural beauty and young potential actress.

Finally, I love this drama a lot since it introduces me Peung which happens to be one of my favourite Thai actresses beside Rita. And not to mention, the chemistry between the two leads is so great. I give this drama a B+... want to put A but still not satisfied with the end, not actually a bad one but I feel like it's a bit rush and they didn't give us a wedding scene at the end.

max

sarNie Elites
Is this lakorn as good as people have been saying? I may consider watching it because I really like Peung, but I am not too fond of Pong...

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
Is this lakorn as good as people have been saying? I may consider watching it because I really like Peung, but I am not too fond of Pong...
i was like you before... i love the first version and thought that this new is bad, but i made a mistake, it's very good, you should watch it! this lakorn got me hooked and waiting all the day for a new episode. you are lucky cause if you addicted it, you have not to wait ^_^

Ash

sarNie Egg
Yes, I saw that but I want to see more more more!!! LOL. I like the opening song of Kwarm Lub Kong Superstar. :D That series looks intense....still want to see PONG AND PEUNG!!! :(

well, they did a lilo part in kwarm lub kong superstar as the annocing couple people for awards..