Movie Recommendations

Quiet-ness

sarNie Hatchling
Recommend me a lakorn (original or Hmong-dubbed) with synopsis. I think I'm coming back to the Thai lakorn industry. :)

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
that's good..come to thai lakorns!! THEY ROKK THE SOCKS!! HEHE...HMMMM....

-- Hoy Aun Chun Ruk Ter (Hmong Title: Tus Hlub Nyob Nyab Laj Teb)
Starring Dan D2B & Janie Tienphosuwan

I guess you could watch this movie. All the Hmongers that watched it liked it...I didn't much..maybe i was too jealous? hahha..but it's good.
MuangMan is a rich guy and his profession is photography. One day he meets this guy and sees his photos of Vietnam...in the pictures, he sees a picture of a sewing picture of a girl. He gets attracted to Vietnam afterwards. Although, his mom is a money grubber and she wants him to get married to this rich girl so they can merge a work project together. Man doesn't like her but he agrees to marry her because his mom supposedly told him to TRY to like her. SO he does. He agrees to marry her but right before his engagement day, he sneaks off to Vietnam...WHEN Man (MuangMan -- Man for short) gets to Vietnam he bumps into this girl and she asks him to buy her stuff. She's a poor girl with debts, etc. There's this guy that likes her and he's rather abusive to men being around her. This girl's name is HuangMai and she has a younger bro and her mom is sick with heart disease. When the Huang (short for HuangMai) asks Man to buy her stuff...Man refuses at first but then he says he'll buy it but then she wouldnt let him buy it anymore...later...Man is able to buy the picture that he saw...(the sewing picture)...Huang finds out b/c it was a pic of her that her mom has sewn for her. She didn't want to sell it and because her younger bro was watching the shop..he sold it to Man for money..afterwards...Huang goes after Man when she discovers that he bought the picture. Man refuses to give it to her because he said he bought it. if she wanted it back, she'd have to refund all his money...huang forgot to bring the money w/ her so she tells Man to go with her to the shop so she can refund his money. Man says no because he has to board a train to Hoian. Huang chases him and steals his camera from him. An eye for an eye. if he wanted his camera back he had to give her the painting. Man refuses and they begin to argue at the bridge where they first met. At the bridge, the guy that likes Huang, named Feuk, he thinks that Man is harassing Huang, so! he goes after Man and hits Man's head with a metal stick...man falls into the lake and then huang goes in and saves him...she takes him home and he never wakes up...about three days later...man wakes up...but it seems he lost his memory...huang tries to send him back to thailand but he doesnt want to go...[HMMM ^_^]...huang has to deal with taking kare of Man and etc...meanwhile..huang's mom hates thai ppl because huang's father was a thai guy and he abandoned her mom, her and her bro and left to go to thailand...so, huang's mom has a grudge against thai ppl and really dislikes Man. IF YOU HAVENT SEEN IT...WATCH IT TO FIND OUT!

I HAVE LOTS! I'll share more...i have a huge project to do...i'll come back later! ^_^

Quiet-ness

sarNie Hatchling
:shock:

Oh my!!! Is this them?

I can only find this picture of the movie or characters. :(

Hurry rukD2B!!! :D It sounds good already. He lost his memory. My. So HuangMai is a mixed child, eh?

bugsy

sarNie Adult
Quiet-ness said:

Oh my!!! Is this them?

Hurry rukD2B!!! :D It sounds good already. He lost his memory. My. So HuangMai is a mixed child, eh?
[post="170653"][/post]​

Ummm....I dont think that's them. The girl looks like Janie..but Dan's not there. and Janie looks nothing like that in the movie.

bugsy

sarNie Adult
I got recommendations. First off, these are all Chakrit's lakorns that they dubbed in Hmong. So far, I've loved the Chakrit lakorns they've dubbed....and also just cause Krit is in there. lols. :wub:

Sorry, I dont know the name. Don't kick me. Hopefully someone will know and help me out here. My guess is that alot of you guys have already seen these...but hey...for those that havent...go see them.

First one: Chakrit and Noon

Chakrit's mom owns this fabric/cloth company and Noon and her brother lives out in this small village (seems like almost the middle of nowhere..lols) and they make clothes the old fashion way...with the manual weaving machine and all. So in the beginning Chakrit goes lurking around and sees Noon, and she's super gorgeous. Then blah blah blah happened and he finds out that Noon lives in this village with his brother and they're like the head of the village. He goes and tries to make friends with them but Noon already has this other guy and they already like each other so Noon really doesnt like Chakrit at all. Krit's mom finds out what he's doing and finds out about Noon and them's beautiful handmade cloth...and she really wants them. So the movie goes on and Chakrit and Noon starts to like each other and the other guy gets kinda jealous. Then Noon's brother dies because he was fighting with Noon's old bf and Noon thinks its him that killed her brother, so she holds a grude against him. Later, Krit's mom somehow forces (or i forgot how) but sooner or later, Noon goes and makes cloth for Krit's mom even though she doesnt want to. By this time, Krit and Noon are in love and Krit's taking care of her and all. Then, like ther'es some sort of misunderstanding and Noon runs away (or i THINK she runs away, cant remember clearly) with her two servants and they go hide out in this poor village. Chakrit's devastated and goes searching for her. Meanwhile...Noon's pregnant! O my...watch to know more. I really liked this company's voices too so that was a plus.

Second: Chakrit and Bee N.

Chakrit lives with his younger brother and father and he's the kind of individual who will stand up against his father if he doesnt like it and also the kind that will do anything for his younger brother. So in the beginning Krit and Bee meets on the beach and she thinks he's some kind of poor worker (but he's really not, he's a rich business man) and she's really nice to him (not just cause of the misunderstanding but because shes a nice person) so from there, it's obvious they already kinda like each other. Bee has two best friends, one is a girl and one is a guy. The guy just happens to be Krit's younger brother and it so happens that he is madly in love with her. Krit's brother wants to introduce Krit to her and that happens exactly. She finds out that Krit is not just a poor worker but a business man, therefore she got mad at Krit for "lying". Krit then in turn, got mad at Bee cause he thought she was this nice girl but now he thinks "she likes to fool around with people....such as the fact that she already knows his younger brother already". So they're in this like mad at each other period and turns out krit's brother wants to marry Bee and as hard as it was for krit, he wants his brother to be happy. His brother wants him to go ask for Bee's hand in marriage for him, and instead he goes, they have a fight and then there's and "r" scene. lols. OOPs. haha. Anyways, bee doesnt love krits brother so she refuses and hes devasated. But later, she finds out shes pregnant and the brother, because he's madly in love with her, wants to take the name of the baby's father. Throughout all this, krit's father doesnt like Bee at all cause she's like poorer than them. But yea....bee agrees with krits brother and they move away so everyone, including krit, thinks they've gone and gotten married but he doenst know that shes pregnant. The next time Krit and Bee they meet is about 7 months later and he sees that she's already pregnant. Mann...I think I should stop here.

Chakrit and Marsha: This one has been out for a while but if you havent seen it, you should.

Marsha and her boyfriend/fiance is in love and they get married in the beginning although she doesnt know that he's an ass and cheats on her. So after the marriage, she goes and finds him in a hotel room with another women so she takes off and doesnt want to see him again. Meanwhile, her dad, who lives in a different city, has just passed away and so she goes to the funeral. While there, she sees that his dad's house is really nice and since she needs a place to stay/hide out anyways, she stayed there. In the bedroom, there's this gorgeous bed that looks pretty ancient and she really likes it. So the first night she sleeps on the bed, she dreams about going to this weird place and meets Chakrit there. The people there are all wearing traditional clothes (not really thai traditional but i dont know what it was) and shes' all confuse. She also meets Krit's younger sister, who is played by Yui and she's really nice. I forgot what else happened on that first dream but she wakes up and is just like "okay?". Then the next night she dreams of going to the same place again with the same people. Sooner or later, she finds out that its not just dreams, through that bed, she really traveled back to the old times. On the very first day they met, krit already liked her. O yea...and krit and his sister is like the head of their household (and i think even their villlage) so there's always problems coming their way with wars and stuff. So you know what's going to happen between Krit and Marsha....love blossoms. Watch more to find out what happens.

--------- Just thought of this one...so its not a Chakrit one.........
if you havent seen the hmong dubbed version of Luerd Kattiya (is that how you spell it?) alrleady....i really liked it too.

This stars Tik and Aom. Aom is a princess, and shes the youngest out of the three young royals in the palace. Tik's father is a former (i want to say fencing teacher or guard or something) in the palace but has retired and now lives on this island with his only son, tik. One day, aom goes off by herslef in a boat and the weather turns bad on her. It starts raining really hard and she tips over. Just then, tik sees and rescues her. From then on, they start to like each other. But the thing is, Aom doesnt tell tik she's a princess, she only says that she works and lives in the palace so he takes her for a palace maid. Anyways, from then on, she would secretly go to the island and play with tik and they obviously fell in love. Then, Tik decides to become a guard at the palace and when he does become one, they have this royal welcoming thing. Aom is forced to go out as Princess although she doesnt want to cause she knows tik is out there. But alas, she does and he sees her. He's shocked because she's the princess. Then later on, he decides that he's only a small guard and cannot fall for a princess. Aom, however doesnt care about status, but their disagreement just leaves both of them in even more pain. Meanwhile, the to-be-king, one out of the three young royals, who grew up with aom in the palace, is in love with aom. And just as that happens, Tik and the to-be-king becomes good friends. Just to let you guys know, this one has a sad ending....:( but its worth watching.

Sorry if i totally messed up some parts. I know my memory stinks and I havent seen any of these for a while. So sorry again, if some parts are wrong...but for the most part...I got the main points through. And sorry too because I suck at explaining. I know on this other thread, there's the titles to these but for now...if anyone wants to post them here....go for it.

pyh

sarNie Elites
The picture Quiet-ness posted is for the lakorn Lady Yaowarat with Janie, Aum Atichart, and Chai. That one was okay, but not too good. The ones with Chakrit and Noon is Pleng Pha Fa Lom Dao. It's very good and has a lot of love scenes with Noon and Chakrit. I love this one very much 'cause Chakrit loves Noon so much. Chakrit and Bee N. is Wimarnsai. This one's good too. Chakrit was so mean to Bee. Buang Ban Ja Thon is the one with Chakrit and Marsha. I really like this one too. Chakrit is a very good actor so he can portray his charactor so well especially all the love scenes. These are some of Chakrit's best lakorns.
I must have seen almost all Thai lakorns that are out there. (Especially all the good ones). I don't watch the Hmong version though just the Thai. (I'm almost fluent in Thai). Some of the more recent ones that are good are: Aoum Ruk w/ Ken & Ann T., Duang Jai Patiharn w/ Kob S. & Num S., Leh Ratree w/ Pepper & Ann A., Kaen Lum Kong w/ Oil T. & Noon W., Rachanee Morlum w/ Paul & Joy S., Duang Rang Hang Ruk w/ Mos P. & Noon W., Lhong Ngao Jun w/ Kob S. & Stefan, and the one with Aom P. & Ken T. called "something" Nirundorn. This one was so romantic too. This is the one that Ken got the best actor of the year for. There are some other good ones too but too much to name. Not sure if all these are dubbed in Hmong but I would say so since they were good when they came out.

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
i recommand Loung Gnao Jun w/ Kob & Stefan...it's dubbed my World Advanced....umm...can't reallie remember the title..someting like "Hlub Tiag Yog Tus Neeg Zoo"...i tinkt tat's it...

story: The story starts off when Pimchanook [kob] mother dies and she have 2 go live with her father, his wife, and her grandparents. Pim's grandmother hates Pim very much, because she also hated Pim's mother. Pim's father's wife and her daughter also hated Pim. But despite all the hatred she received in that house, Pim didn't do anything bad to them because her god-grandmother had told her to turn anger into happiness. As she grew up, she went 2 study to become a nurse. At that time Kim hated Pim even more than b4, because she thought her dad loved Pim more than her. But it wuz reallie that Kim wuz juz out partin' too much, so Kim thought of an idea to ruin Pim. At the same time, Ae [Stefan] and his two friends, Ken & Palati were enoying the time of their lives. But soon Stefan went to London to study aboard. One night Ken & Palati went clubbing and there Palati met Kim and feel in love with her. But when Palati ask Kim for her name, she said her name was Pim and was working to become a nurse. Their relationship was good until Palati took Kim to his house, and she couldn't stand how small his house was so she decided to write him a letter statin' that they should stop seeing each other. When Palati read that letter he was devestated and drown himself in alchol @ the club where Kim & them use to met. After drinkin' he drove home, but he was too drunk and ended up in an car accident, which killed him instantly. Ae hears 'bout his best friend's death and came back to Thailand, determine to find this woman named Pimchanook who was the cause of his friend's death. He wanted to find her and make her pay for doing what she did. But all he knows was that her name is Pimchanook and she's a nurse. He doesn't know that it was actually Kim who was Palati's GF and not Pim. So there story goes from there...

-eheehee..sorrie my summary sucks major but..

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
Quiet-ness said:

Oh my!!! Is this them?

[post="170653"][/post]​

nope that's not them..that looks like zaza...and yep...HuangMai is a mixed child..so's her little bro..

Mae

sarNie Adult
bugsy said:
I got recommendations. First off, these are all Chakrit's lakorns that they dubbed in Hmong. So far, I've loved the Chakrit lakorns they've dubbed....and also just cause Krit is in there. lols. :wub:

Sorry, I dont know the name. Don't kick me. Hopefully someone will know and help me out here. My guess is that alot of you guys have already seen these...but hey...for those that havent...go see them.

First one: Chakrit and Noon

Chakrit's mom owns this fabric/cloth company and Noon and her brother lives out in this small village (seems like almost the middle of nowhere..lols) and they make clothes the old fashion way...with the manual weaving machine and all. So in the beginning Chakrit goes lurking around and sees Noon, and she's super gorgeous. Then blah blah blah happened and he finds out that Noon lives in this village with his brother and they're like the head of the village. He goes and tries to make friends with them but Noon already has this other guy and they already like each other so Noon really doesnt like Chakrit at all. Krit's mom finds out what he's doing and finds out about Noon and them's beautiful handmade cloth...and she really wants them. So the movie goes on and Chakrit and Noon starts to like each other and the other guy gets kinda jealous. Then Noon's brother dies because he was fighting with Noon's old bf and Noon thinks its him that killed her brother, so she holds a grude against him. Later, Krit's mom somehow forces (or i forgot how) but sooner or later, Noon goes and makes cloth for Krit's mom even though she doesnt want to. By this time, Krit and Noon are in love and Krit's taking care of her and all. Then, like ther'es some sort of misunderstanding and Noon runs away (or i THINK she runs away, cant remember clearly) with her two servants and they go hide out in this poor village. Chakrit's devastated and goes searching for her. Meanwhile...Noon's pregnant! O my...watch to know more. I really liked this company's voices too so that was a plus.

Second: Chakrit and Bee N.

Chakrit lives with his younger brother and father and he's the kind of individual who will stand up against his father if he doesnt like it and also the kind that will do anything for his younger brother. So in the beginning Krit and Bee meets on the beach and she thinks he's some kind of poor worker (but he's really not, he's a rich business man) and she's really nice to him (not just cause of the misunderstanding but because shes a nice person) so from there, it's obvious they already kinda like each other. Bee has two best friends, one is a girl and one is a guy. The guy just happens to be Krit's younger brother and it so happens that he is madly in love with her. Krit's brother wants to introduce Krit to her and that happens exactly. She finds out that Krit is not just a poor worker but a business man, therefore she got mad at Krit for "lying". Krit then in turn, got mad at Bee cause he thought she was this nice girl but now he thinks "she likes to fool around with people....such as the fact that she already knows his younger brother already". So they're in this like mad at each other period and turns out krit's brother wants to marry Bee and as hard as it was for krit, he wants his brother to be happy. His brother wants him to go ask for Bee's hand in marriage for him, and instead he goes, they have a fight and then there's and "r" scene. lols. OOPs. haha. Anyways, bee doesnt love krits brother so she refuses and hes devasated. But later, she finds out shes pregnant and the brother, because he's madly in love with her, wants to take the name of the baby's father. Throughout all this, krit's father doesnt like Bee at all cause she's like poorer than them. But yea....bee agrees with krits brother and they move away so everyone, including krit, thinks they've gone and gotten married but he doenst know that shes pregnant. The next time Krit and Bee they meet is about 7 months later and he sees that she's already pregnant. Mann...I think I should stop here.

Chakrit and Marsha: This one has been out for a while but if you havent seen it, you should.

Marsha and her boyfriend/fiance is in love and they get married in the beginning although she doesnt know that he's an ass and cheats on her. So after the marriage, she goes and finds him in a hotel room with another women so she takes off and doesnt want to see him again. Meanwhile, her dad, who lives in a different city, has just passed away and so she goes to the funeral. While there, she sees that his dad's house is really nice and since she needs a place to stay/hide out anyways, she stayed there. In the bedroom, there's this gorgeous bed that looks pretty ancient and she really likes it. So the first night she sleeps on the bed, she dreams about going to this weird place and meets Chakrit there. The people there are all wearing traditional clothes (not really thai traditional but i dont know what it was) and shes' all confuse. She also meets Krit's younger sister, who is played by Yui and she's really nice. I forgot what else happened on that first dream but she wakes up and is just like "okay?". Then the next night she dreams of going to the same place again with the same people. Sooner or later, she finds out that its not just dreams, through that bed, she really traveled back to the old times. On the very first day they met, krit already liked her. O yea...and krit and his sister is like the head of their household (and i think even their villlage) so there's always problems coming their way with wars and stuff. So you know what's going to happen between Krit and Marsha....love blossoms. Watch more to find out what happens.
[post="171074"][/post]​
Yep..I completely agree that Chakrit lakorns that have been dubbed in Hmong are GOOD....the voices are very good too which makes the lakorn all the better!!!! You should definitely watch the lakorns Bugsy listed....i myself love Buang Baja Torn (Chakrit&Marsha) and Pla Pleng Lom Dao (Chakrit&Noon)...

dee_vang

sarNie Juvenile
urg.. i dont like TNT.. they actually sings the real thai song. and they keep putting on Density's songs.. annoying... :wacko:

miss_aom_phiyada

sarNie Adult
pink_juliet_kashie said:
i recommand Loung Gnao Jun w/ Kob & Stefan...it's dubbed my World Advanced....umm...can't reallie remember the title..someting like "Hlub Tiag Yog Tus Neeg Zoo"...i tinkt tat's it...

story: The story starts off when Pimchanook [kob] mother dies and she have 2 go live with her father, his wife, and her grandparents. Pim's grandmother hates Pim very much, because she also hated Pim's mother. Pim's father's wife and her daughter also hated Pim. But despite all the hatred she received in that house, Pim didn't do anything bad to them because her god-grandmother had told her to turn anger into happiness. As she grew up, she went 2 study to become a nurse. At that time Kim hated Pim even more than b4, because she thought her dad loved Pim more than her. But it wuz reallie that Kim wuz juz out partin' too much, so Kim thought of an idea to ruin Pim. At the same time, Ae [Stefan] and his two friends, Ken & Palati were enoying the time of their lives. But soon Stefan went to London to study aboard. One night Ken & Palati went clubbing and there Palati met Kim and feel in love with her. But when Palati ask Kim for her name, she said her name was Pim and was working to become a nurse. Their relationship was good until Palati took Kim to his house, and she couldn't stand how small his house was so she decided to write him a letter statin' that they should stop seeing each other. When Palati read that letter he was devestated and drown himself in alchol @ the club where Kim & them use to met. After drinkin' he drove home, but he was too drunk and ended up in an car accident, which killed him instantly. Ae hears 'bout his best friend's death and came back to Thailand, determine to find this woman named Pimchanook who was the cause of his friend's death. He wanted to find her and make her pay for doing what she did. But all he knows was that her name is Pimchanook and she's a nurse. He doesn't know that it was actually Kim who was Palati's GF and not Pim. So there story goes from there...

-eheehee..sorrie my summary sucks major but..
[post="171353"][/post]​

I LIKE IT TOO IT JUST THAT THE GIRL WHO DUBBED PIM SISTER IS KINDA ANNOY.BUT OVER ALL IT GOOD

Fearless

sarNie Adult
dee_vang said:
urg.. i dont like TNT.. they actually sings the real thai song. and they keep putting on Density's songs.. annoying... :wacko:
[post="171945"][/post]​

This thread is not even about TNT..

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
holy moly....any other good ones you got out there???? dang...i might have to go buy allllll of these!!! hahhah....

currently a good one i think is...

PEE CHAI TEE SAN DEE - starring Dan D2B and Bua Sarocha Tanjararuk (Beam D2B's lil sis)

the story...in short...is that Dan's dad, and Bua's mom are dating i guess but an accident occurs to Bua's mom and Bua is sent to live with Dan....they do not get along at all in the beginning because Dan does not want want a little sister...but of course...they fall in love....but they can't because their parents like each other too....oh....what are they to do????

i think this one is still airing.....i haven't watched it yet but from the little clips and episodes i see on youtube...it's pretty amazing....

Quiet-ness

sarNie Hatchling
Thanks for all the recommendations and summaries. :) I appreciate it very much and will be doing my research on them. 8)

Has anyone seen this lakorn? Is it good?

Does anyone know the original title for this lakorn? Do you all recommend it? My friend said she likes it alot, so I thought I ask for your opinions too. :)

Mae

sarNie Adult
Thanks for all the recommendations and summaries. :) I appreciate it very much and will be doing my research on them. 8)

Has anyone seen this lakorn? Is it good?

Does anyone know the original title for this lakorn? Do you all recommend it? My friend said she likes it alot, so I thought I ask for your opinions too. :)

I haven't seen the lakorn of Oil and Noon yet, so I am curious about it too....Especially about the Hmong dubbed voices! But I heard the thai version is pretty good!

As for the second cover you posted, which is of Chakrit and Noon...the original title is Pleng Pla Lom Dao or something close to that...I so love that thai lakorn...the voices are dubbed by Txuj Ci Hmoob Entertainment aka Vang Thao's Video Production...I first watched the original version and then watched the Hmong version....both are great! I really like that lakorn, it's sad and sweet and romantic at the same time...I highly recommend Chakrit and Noon's lakorn!