Let's Eat & Drink - Vietnamese Cuisine, Foods & Drinks (˘▽˘)っ♨ & (*^◇^)_旦

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
When I stuff them in squid, i steamed them first then let it cool. I then coat it with flour and deep fry it. I like them with sticky rice and sour chili fish sauce. Oooo yum!

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Have you guys ever have tripe mango salad?

My dad is so good at that it's my all time favorite. It involves a lot of different kind of mints, green sour mangoes, lots of tripes...oniions...bean sprouts...pickled stinky fish lol...the only hard part is mixing the sauce for it. You have to mix the sauce just right for it to be good. Lots like it with crushed peanuts but I like it without. And if you peppers to it...holy cow nothing will ever top it.

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
No I have not, sound yummy from your descriptions byebye. Could you post a photo of this salad up? I like to have a visual photo of it ;). I eat papaya & cabbage salad more than mango salad. Now I also eat spaghetti squash salad....the best thing about spaghetti squash salad is you don't have to thinly slice the squash :dance2:.

Ms.Zoe

Goi Du Du Bo Kho (Vietnamese Green Papaya Salad with Beef Jerky)

With beef jerky & cashews, this salad is delicious!

Cr as tagged

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Actually I don't even know if it's considered a salad or not but that's the best way I can think of calling it. When we have a get together that is always the first thing to go. It seemed like no one knows how to make it but my dad lol.

I honestly, don't like Vietnamese papaya salad. The only papaya salad I like is Laos style. The stinker and spicier the better.

Ms.Zoe

I like my salad to be pleasant on the nose & just a little spicy lol.

Goi Luong Bap Chuoi - Banana Blossom Salad with Fried Eels

Goi Ga Bap Cai - Chicken Cabbage Salad

Goi Ngon Sen Tom Thit - Lotus Stem Salad with Pork & Prawns

Cr to rightful owners

Ms.Zoe

I am craving for this, Bun Oc - Snail Vermicelli Soup. If you live in California, check out Oc va Lau restaurant. I would stop by this restaurant if I am in California to try their Bun Oc since Oc is in their restaurant name so they must be specialized in dishes with Oc. Lau means Hot Pot...I want some hot pots too, ideal for cold weather days.

Cr as tagged

Ms.Zoe

So it had glass noodles instead of rice noodles lol...One more kind of salad...Goi Bac Ha (Giant Elephant Ear Salad)

Goi Bac Ha with shrimps

Cr to rightful owner

Ms.Zoe

I had this for lunch today. I got my credits from the restaurant :dance2:. It was good but I dislike the fact that the dish only had 1 egg roll :cry:.

Bun Thit Nuong Cha Gio (Vietnamese Vermicelli Noodle with Grilled Pork & Egg Rolls)

Cr to rightful owner

Ms.Zoe

I could not wait to eat this tomorrow :yummy:. It is called Bo Chien Bo...basically you make your own spring rolls, there is an electrical grill to grill beef, shrimps, squids, salmon, mushrooms, onions & etc. with butter.

Cr to rightful owner

Ms.Zoe

I have not ate Bun Moc (Vietnamese Pork and Mushroom Noodle Soup) in a while. It is a light Northern Vietnamese dish. It is a fast, easy & delicious dish to cook & enjoy. I love mushrooms & this dish is cooked with or without mushrooms :yummy:.

With mushrooms

Cr as tagged & to rightful owners

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
My team have not had Vietnamese so I am going to take them today before we fly out to Texas but I heard Dallas got some really good restaurants there too.

cecilia

Staff member
Bo Chien Bo reminds me of Korean BBQ .. yum!

I'm going to Milwaukee tonight so I look forward to enjoying some Vietnamese sandwiches  :)

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
cecilia said:
Bo Chien Bo reminds me of Korean BBQ .. yum!

I'm going to Milwaukee tonight so I look forward to enjoying some Vietnamese sandwiches  :)
Oo let me know where there is a good place because I'll be there Sunday night, Monday, and Tuesday.

Ms.Zoe

Texas & California are like the top two states with high population of Vietnamese people hehehe. Most of the time if I am in Dallas I would eat at Bistro B. I did not like this one lead waiter the last time I ate there. I am not sure if it was my fault ordering incorrectly or this waiter's fault writing down my order incorrectly that I did not get the dessert I wanted. I mean if it was my fault then it would not hurt the restaurant to give me the dessert I wanted when it costs less than $4 when we ordered so many dishes. But the lead waiter said I was at fault, come on now even if the customer is at fault, you don't have to say that he/she is at fault when the misunderstanding is minimal just about a small dessert. My sister knew what happened & she told me that the lead waiter is not nice because she comes there often so she knows lol.