Koo gum 2013

alwaizemeeh

sarNie Adult
i feel sad for Nadech, because I know he can be one of the best Koboori ever. EVER. but because angsumalin didnt play up to part it makes the movie not so legendary. I hate it because then he can't just go and play koboori again with another actress. i really wanted people to see him shine and if it had been another actress he would have surpassed the stars.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I finally got to watch the whole thing and geez, Nadech would have been better off pairing with a pile of bricks. Richy is stone cold, her face has one expression, even her body is incredibly stiff. But it's not even the acting that's bad, the whole movie is bad. If i was a person who has never seen or heard of Koo Gum, I would be kind of confused at times. Like the part where Kobori gets slashed in the back by Phon and Bua, there wasn't any explanation to why they did it. The movie was so bad I felt nothing for it, when Kobori died my reaction was "thank god it's done" no pain, no sadness, nothing. As adorable as Nadech is, sorry you can't help this movie. For those who want to watch it, save yourself some time and cringing. If you want to watch a good one, watch the Bie and Noona version.

Wow...I'm speechless. Nadech and Richy's movie version is THAT bad?! Geez...
Since I love the Bie and Noona lakorn version, I think I'll just ditch my idea of watching the movie now...
Thanks everyone who critiqued the movie.

ookii

sarNie Hatchling
my only thought after watching it was "it could've been good!"....but i guess maybe the director or whoever casted nadech and richy as kobori and hideko was too excited thinking he got perfect cast so didn't care about the flow of the story. from a nadech or richy fan point of view it may have been good (passable as koo kum) but i seriously didn't enjoy it one bit. the storyline was so boring and choppy. the setting was too modern. plus all the actors and actresses were dull and stiff  (seemed like they were just reading their dialogues outloud to each other). and yeah....the R-scene was so weird! however my biggest dislike with this koo kum was the end! what the hell took hideko so long just to get to kobori. call me crazy or whatever but by the time she got to him, the sun was rising, right???? then, how could it be called Koo Kum: Sunset at Chaopraya? the worst part was she didn't make any efforts to pulled him out of the piles of debris....she just beautifully sat ontop and talked to him in the most boring, emotionless manner i've ever witness any hideko do. she didn't even reach out to touch him or attempt to hug him! it was the only time i felt bad for nadech as kobori because right in front of his dying self was a woman who claimed to have loved him secretly for a very long time yet she didn't even attempt to kiss him last goodbye or hold him. soooo very wrong indeed! heck, i think the 1970s koo kum movie may have been better because at least its kobori and hideko have some emotions!

AikOm^_^

Just an ordinary gal in an extraordinary world.
ookii said:
my only thought after watching it was "it could've been good!"....but i guess maybe the director or whoever casted nadech and richy as kobori and hideko was too excited thinking he got perfect cast so didn't care about the flow of the story. from a nadech or richy fan point of view it may have been good (passable as koo kum) but i seriously didn't enjoy it one bit. the storyline was so boring and choppy. the setting was too modern. plus all the actors and actresses were dull and stiff  (seemed like they were just reading their dialogues outloud to each other). and yeah....the R-scene was so weird! however my biggest dislike with this koo kum was the end! what the hell took hideko so long just to get to kobori. call me crazy or whatever but by the time she got to him, the sun was rising, right???? then, how could it be called Koo Kum: Sunset at Chaopraya? the worst part was she didn't make any efforts to pulled him out of the piles of debris....she just beautifully sat ontop and talked to him in the most boring, emotionless manner i've ever witness any hideko do. she didn't even reach out to touch him or attempt to hug him! it was the only time i felt bad for nadech as kobori because right in front of his dying self was a woman who claimed to have loved him secretly for a very long time yet she didn't even attempt to kiss him last goodbye or hold him. soooo very wrong indeed! heck, i think the 1970s koo kum movie may have been better because at least its kobori and hideko have some emotions!

:whahuh: And you still want me to watch it?!!!! :lmao3: ....One of these days, when I have nothing better to do. :wink:

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
^ LoL everyone's comment is so harsh, so harsh that I laughed, a pile of bricks...shoot...im scared to watch it now...

People did say if you watch this one then try to erase everyone single version of Koo Gum you've ever seen before first then watch this one w/ no expectation...at the moment I still have Biena's version stuck in my heart. I'll have to remove that one from my heart first to give this version any chance at all. But I agree with Bella. I feel sad and actually a little angry that Nadech does have the potential to be the greatest Kobori of all time ( come on just take a look at Nadech, he was borned to play kobori, although Mr. Bird is a living legend) but this movie wasn't well executed ( i watched the first 15 min, very choppy so far). And he may very likely, most likely never get the chance to play kobori ever ever again  :cry:  

And as someone has already mention maybe the script writer / production crew was too quick to do the movie, thinking having Nadech means its Fail-Proofed. As I recall Khun Boy bought the rights for 5 yrs, building and growing Bie, and working on the story until it was perfect. And maybe Nadech too, was too quick to jumped at the opportunity of a lifetime before considering whether the script/ story line was fitting, but can't blame him. Who wouldn't jump at the opportunity to play Kobori/ Ang? Heck I'll jump at the chance of play Pa Mien LoL. 

ookii

sarNie Hatchling
Maiko^_^ said:
:whahuh: And you still want me to watch it?!!!! :lmao3: ....One of these days, when I have nothing better to do. :wink:

maiko, i said you should watch it just for the koo kum experience.... :wink:
but you wouldn't watch biena's version too so might as well don't watch this version also because it's really not worth it at all. better off rewatching p'mam's 1988 version or  p'bird's 1996's version.

AikOm^_^

Just an ordinary gal in an extraordinary world.
ookii said:
maiko, i said you should watch it just for the koo kum experience.... :wink:
but you wouldn't watch biena's version too so might as well don't watch this version also because it's really not worth it at all. better off rewatching p'mam's 1988 version or  p'bird's 1996's version.

Hahaha! :lmao2: :kiss: :grouphug: I'm still not in the mood to check it out (Nadech's version), but I think I want to, just to poke fun at it. :coverlaf: Not anytime soon, though. :nono1: Ooh, I love Oh Warut (?) and Mam's version! :wub: Oh is the perfect Kobori for me! :drools: K, see you later, then. ^_^ :kiss:

MoonChild

sarNie Hatchling
I finally summed up enough courage to watch this and it was...boring.  It was so choppy, as if the editor just blindly cutting without watching it, well not that bad but still.  Nadech is so deserving that award he got for this!  Not only did he carry this whole film by himself, but to be able to bring forth emotions with basically a wooden wall, take talents!  Richy, I don't understand why bother taking on this movie when it feels like it's the last place you'd rather be.  

I'm still glad to watch it for Nadech.   The soundtrack/music score and backdrop are so beautiful also.

bubbles8

sarNie Adult
It takes 2 to tango but nadech has managed to tango on his own, it does take some talent, very deserving of the best and popular actor from supanahong awards!! without nadech, i dont think i would ever watch any versions of koogum hehe

MrsChum

sarNie Adult
Congrats to Nadech for winning both the Popular and Best Actor award at the Supanahong Award Show. Even though the movie fail, Nadech still outshine and win this deserving award....it's show that it doesn't matter how bad the movies is, if you have the talent you can beat any criticism. Congress again Nadech... :clap: :clap: