Jao Hua Jai

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
Chapter 5

Most of the people were busy changing and getting ready to attend the after party.

“Ai nong! Where did the two of you disappear to?”

Nadech and Yaya both apologized profusely for their absence, but Nala wasn’t mad since there really was nothing they could do, and besides, the Wild Masquerade theme was a success.

“But I’m annoyed that the maintenance here is so careless, not even cleaning up the wet floor! It nearly made my show have such complications,” Nala huffed after they all changed and refreshed. “It wasn’t bad enough that Matt hurt herself too.”

“Really?” Yaya asked with concern.

Nala waved aside the issue. “She’ll be fine.”

Kim added, “And we were saved by these two here.” She pointed to Mark and Mint.

“Yaya and Nadech, you’re ok though?” the assistant asked.

“Nadech ka!”

Their heads turned when Matt entered. She paused before limping dramatically over to Nadech.

“Are you ok?”

“I’m hurt so much. Help me!”

Nadech had no choice but to assist her over to a seat.

“Will you be staying for my part?” Nala asked.

“I told my mom I’d go home to meet her after we were done,” Kim said. “Yaya, you should get some rest too. Want me to give you a ride?”

“Yeah, thanks a lot. P’Nala, I’m sorry once again.”

“Don’t worry about it. But I’ll definitely want you for my next fashion show. Promise not to disappear with a boy next time? Even though I can’t blame you because Nadech is irresistible, “ she joked.

“Ka,” Yaya replied, embarrassed. “Mint, Mark, see you two.”

“Good night.”

Mint made a hand gesture ‘Call me’ to Yaya.

Yaya glanced over her shoulder at Nadech before leaving with Kim.

-------------
“Nadech ka, it was terrible. I couldn’t even be in the finale.”

Nadech smiled. “They took care of it though, so no need to feel bad.”

“But…where did you go? I was worried about you.”

“Uh…something came up and I couldn’t make it.” Nadech was sure if news spread that he’d missed the show and WITH Yaya, it wouldn’t be good. Then he saw Yaya saying good bye to the others. “Um, I’m going to go talk to someone quick.”

“Wait!” Matt pulled him back. “My leg hurts so much. Stay with me,” she pleaded.

“Does it? Is it hurting a lot?”

“Ka.”

“I’ll go get the medic.”

“Nadech! Wait! Nadech!” Matt called to him but he was already gone. She exclaimed in annoyance.

“Did you hear? Someone locked Yaya in a closet.”

“Really!”

“Who would be so mean? People can take pranks too far.”

“But I heard Nadech got locked in with her.” They whispered.

“Of course, Nala asked people to hush up about it…”

Matt’s face contorted with shock, and then rage. Nadech not only missed his modeling with her, but he was with Yaya the whole time!?
“Damn it!”

-------------
“Yaya!”

The two girls stopped to let Nadech catch up. “You’re feeling better now?”

“Ka. You’re really over-concerned. I’m fine. I should ask you that though.”

“Of course I’m ok. But…what about that dinner you promised me?”

“Are you sure you don’t want to stay and take care of your partner? You missed out on so much time with her today.”

“Matt? The medic said she wasn’t injured much,” Kim chimed in helpfully.

“Mm,” Nadech nodded. “Hey, don’t try to skip out on your promise,” he shook a finger at her.

“I’m not. But Kim is giving me a ride home. I feel considerate of her.”

“It’s no big deal. I didn’t know you had a previous engagement,” Kim said with a knowing smile. she noticed Yaya making a “NO” face at her. “Uh…but I think she should get some rest. She did fall and get hurt.”

“You’re right,” he nodded. “But I’m not letting you off the hook.”

“It’s not like I can avoid you anyway. I’m seeing you tomorrow.” She bit back a smile at the thought.

Nadech smirked. “I just remembered. Well then, good night you two.”

“Why didn’t you just go with him?” Kim asked. “Don’t let me be an obstacle.”

Yaya’s eyes flashed. “What are you talking about?”

“You didn’t have to be considerate of me. You promised him dinner before you said you’d come home with me.”

“It’s not like we won’t have more opportunities to see each other. Why, you don’t want to hang out with me?”

“Course not, silly. But it seems like you were avoiding him. Why? Didn’t you get used to each other enough while in the closet?” Kim smirked cheekily.

“Ba. I don’t know what you were imagining.”

“Does that mean something happened for me to imagine about?” Kim asked excitedly. She had always secretly supported Yaya to date Nadech, but they both only kept at a friendship level so she didn’t want to be pushy towards her best friend.

Yaya gave her a soft whack on the arm. “Don’t be crazy. That’s ridiculous.”

“Aow, give me some details,” Kim persisted.

Yaya looked away from her. Trying to remain casual. It wasn’t bad enough that they’d been so close when she almost slipped. Had she imagined when it seemed like Nadech was closing in to kiss her that time? And then later… She shut her eyes tight. How could she be so clumsy?

Kim shouted, “What? Why do you look like that? Something did happen! Oooo…was it that romantic in there?”

“Oui, that’s ridiculous! Nothing happened!” Yaya denied frantically.

“Don’t lie!”

“I’m not! I swear. What the…” She held her head up. “I assure you nothing like that will happen between me and Nadech.”

“Hey, don’t make such declarations. You might have to eat your words later.”

-------------
Nadech tossed away the towel he was drying his hair with and fell backwards into his bed. He had left the party fairly soon, trying to avoid Matt, though he told Mark it was because he was tired.

“Tch, you didn’t even walk the runway. Why are you tired?”

“Well, even more reason not to be here. I didn’t even get to do the job.”
“Please. Nala loves us to death, she doesn’t care. Or,” Mark eyed him closely, “you have some other reason to be guilty?”
Giving him a flat stare, Nadech said, “No, just don’t feel like partying tonight. See ya.”

Did he have a reason to feel guilty? No, considering it wasn’t him who had done anything to Yaya. His memory flashed to the closet.

Nadech tried to be careful pulling the pins out of Yaya’s hair, but one time, he yanked hard and accidentally caught her hair also.

“Augh!” She yelled and jumped up, banging her head into his chin.

“Heeuy!” he yelled in equal pain.

“Ai ba, are you trying to give me a bald patch?” she asked.

“Are you trying to shatter my chin?” he blinked in pain.

“Well it was an accident!”

“Then we’re even.”

“No way.” She hit his chest lightly with her fists. He ducked and backed away to avoid her but he reached the wall soon seeing as the room wasn’t all that big. With nowhere to go, he tried to save himself by seizing her wrists. But she was able to slip free and she laughed, no longer angry but determined to annoy him. “Don’t think you can get away.” She quickly hopped on a box so she could reach his head easier and tried to pluck at his hair, though not aiming to really hurt him. The box she chose could not bear her weight, however. Feeling herself about to sink, Yaya lurched forward. The box had added the perfect height for this occasion, for she swung at Nadech and her lips landed neatly on his as he, of course, cushioned her from the wall.

Recalling what had happened, Yaya curled up on the bed and hid her face in a pillow, like it would be able to soak away those shocking moments.

Pushing herself away, Yaya realized she had her hands flat on the wall on either side of his head as if she was about to attack him. He looked absolutely stunned and Yaya thought she had kind of theoretically attacked him.

“It was an accident!” she said. Then, as fast as she could, Yaya extracted herself from the box, all the while her face burning up since she was forced to continue holding herself up with her hands, so close to Nadech. Finally free, she went and sat back where she had before, praying it wouldn’t cave in on her too because she couldn’t stand anymore embarrassment. Facing away from Nadech, she had no clue what he was doing, but as the minutes ticked by, her face cooled down and when her heart was beating normally again, she heard him stir behind her. Holding her breath, she heard him say quietly,

“It was an accident,” and started helping her remove her hair pins, as if nothing had happened, for which she was eternally grateful.

“You! Stop trying to suffocate yourself with the pillow!” Kim scolded. Throughout her recount of the tale, Yaya had kept hiding herself among the pillows so that either Kim or Mint (who Kim had called straight away for reinforcement) had to force her to surface so they could hear Yaya clearly.

Mint cleared her throat, trying not to look too pleased. “Well, you don’t really have to be so ashamed. It was just an ‘accident’, right?”

Yaya glared as Mint and Kim caught each other’s eyes with their lips pressed tight to keep from laughing. “Go ahead and make fun of me.” She grumpily crossed her arms.

With a nod from Kim, Mint said, “Well, we just want to let you know that we approve.”

“Approve of what?” Yaya asked sharply.

“Of you and—“

“No! Don’t say it, don’t you dare! It’s not even like that!”

“Oh come on Yaya,” Kim said, tugging on her arm to placate her, “Can you honestly say that you don’t like him?”

“I mean,” Mint looked at Yaya’s open and silent mouth, “Who doesn’t like Nadech?”

“Right? The first time I saw him, I was like ‘OMG’.”

“What?!” Yaya gaped at her.

“Is that some jealousy?” Kim shook her finger at her.

“N-no! I was just shocked that that was what you thought about Nadech.”

Kim rolled her eyes. “The boy is hot, you can’t deny it. But of course, I’ve always only seen him as a hyper little brother.”

“And for me, he’s like a clownish big brother,” Mint added. “What kind of brother is he to you?”

Yaya realized that for a while now, she had stopped seeing and sensing Nadech as a brother, but quickly answered, “Uh…a normal one?”

Her friends snickered.

“Well, we’re very close friends, aren’t we? And not just with me, he’s friends with you two also!” she pointed out.

“But we aren’t the Madame of his Farm,” Mint said.

“Or his angel,” Kim said.

“Or the Lord of his heart!” they exclaimed together and collapsed in a pile of giggles.

Yaya groaned and collapsed on top of them. How was she going to face Nadech tomorrow?

-------------
“Being friends is nice, but don’t you want to, you know,” Mark waved his hand in front of him, “be more with her? Hey,” he pointed, “Don’t even try to lie to me.”

Nadech made a face. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“You need me to say her name again?” Mark asked flatly. “Because lately whenever she comes up in conversation, you seem to have a lapse in memory often.”

Nadech scowled at him. “You’re the one who brings her up.”

“Can I help it if you two so obviously need assistance getting things straight?”

“Look, she and I are perfectly happy with the way we are now. FRIENDS.”

“Sounds like something you’d say to a reporter.”

“You’re being worse than the news reporters, stop it.”

“By the way, I helped you with that. No one’s going to report that you and Yaya were together tonight.”

“Well, even if everybody knew, the truth is that nothing going on between us, so there’s no danger right?”

“You’re getting careless. Reporters will make it seem like you two snuck out together or something. You watch out. But now that I think about it, you should be more wary of a certain sneaky and vicious tigress,” Mark added. “She’s a persistent one.”

“If you’re referring to Matt, I’m not letting her get to me, don’t worry.”

“Tell that to your sweet Ying.” Mark ducked as Nadech took a swing at him.

:fanfic:
Author's note-------------

Hi!
Holiday break is over for me. :teary: I will do my best to keep up with JHJ! I hope you're all doing well.
I just wanted so much more to happen in that closet lol :ph34r: but nothing too big because Yadech really haven't reached that point where they know for sure their feelings for each other.
Thanks for reading.

jjinxx

jjinxx

I found these from Yadech forum. They're not really what I imagined for the Wild Masquerade, at least not for Yaya. But it was fun and reminded me of JHJ. ^^

duaxiong

sarNie Adult
Love it~
I can't wait until they understand more about each other;]
Yadech are just too cute,and i love the kiss in the closet^^
Update Soon,i want them to be lovey dovey together<3

jjinxx

Chapter 6

Yaya took a very deep breath when she heard Nadech arrive onset. You always knew when he had arrived because many people call out to greet him and he does likewise, very relaxed and friendly. It was one of his traits that attracted people to him, even more than his obvious aesthetic qualities—he was genuinely pleased to see and be around others. Double checking to make sure her hair was neat, Yaya turned and greeted Nadech.

Nadech gulped, blinking rapidly as he faced her. It had been hard getting her out of his head last night and now she was in front of him and it was like he couldn’t have been prepared enough to see her again so fast. Recovering, he simply said, “Hi.” With his usual grin, he moved away to get himself ready.

Frowning slightly, Yaya wondered why she felt disappointed that he had not mentioned the promised dinner. She had even expected for him to nag her about it, but not once did he speak of it through the day. Maybe he assumed that she knew it was confirmed. Or maybe he thought since she had declined yesterday that she didn’t want to take him anymore and was just being nice enough to not bring it up. This made Yaya feel a bit guilty.

But by the end of the day, she was feeling more…well, lonely than guilty. Was it just her, or was Nadech not joking around with her or teasing her as much as usual? Perhaps he was just focusing on the acting. But even before when they concentrated, they allowed themselves to take breaks, yet there he was laughing with the rest of the cast and crew, so that Yaya realized just how much time he usually spent with her and how she’d gotten used to it.

'That’s so selfish of me' Yaya thought. 'He doesn’t belong to me. This is ridiculous, to feel left out. We’re just friends, it’s not like I’m something particularly special.'

Why did this, while reasonable, not make her feel better?

“Oops,” Yaya apologized, just realizing she had forgotten to speak her lines.

“CUT. Start from Jean’s lines.”

Yaya felt someone bump her elbow.

“What’s up with you?” Nadech asked, his eyes twinkling.

She made a ‘none of your business’ face, though she was silently blaming him in her head.

-------------
After the last scene was shot, Yaya was having a battle inside whether to ask Nadech for dinner or not, and this battle was irritating her because: 1) she was already confused as to why she thought Nadech seemed to be avoiding her most of the day, 2) she was confused as to why this should bother her if it was true, 3) she felt guilty if she did not do what she promised, and 4) she was mad that Nadech was making her feel guilty and therefore, was tempted not to ask him about dinner, but by breaking her promise, she’d feel even more guilty! Finally, Yaya shook her head vigorously and said, “Just go up to him and ask, sheesh.”

“P’Nadech.”

Nadech turned. “Yeah?”

“I…I was just wondering if you’re hungry. I still have to fulfill my promise of treating you to a meal, right?”

'Her smile was more tempting than his favorite snake meat dish right now.'
Nadech snapped his head back. Had he really just thought that?

“Nadech?”

“Uh…do you have time? If you’re busy, we can skip it.”

No way, this would be hanging over her head for as long as she put it off. “Didn’t you say you wouldn’t let me off the hook? I don’t want you coming back to ask for favors in the future,” she joked. “Actually I don’t have anything going on tonight. It’s better to go now because I have to work with the Other Cast tomorrow after we’re done here.”

“Maybe you can take this time to rest then.”

“Hey, we’re going out to eat, not wrestle,” Yaya said. “Why do you assume I’ll lose energy just going to a meal? Unless you don’t want to go, just tell me straight out.”

“I’d love to go,” was his immediate reply, which took her a few moments to reply as she had expected him to first make some joke like ‘I wouldn’t be caught dead with you.’

-------------
“This place?” Nadech asked to make sure.

“Mhm. I eat here a lot with my parents. The food is delicious.”

“I think I might have been here before.”

It was a restaurant decorated in pleasant earth hues; it was small and comfortable, but it accommodated for both an open public dining area, and a more private space.

Yaya very much enjoyed her dinner with Nadech. Not only did watching him devour everything on his plate make the dishes even more appetizing than usual, but he kept up a constant stream of conversation and never failed to make her laugh with his goofball comments, so that she thought she must have imagined that he was avoiding her earlier in the day.

When they finished she was filled with food and drink, and a bubbly mood. The waiter came to give them a farewell and she asked, “But where is the bill?”

With a look of surprise, the waiter informed, “The sir has already taken care of it.”

Nadech was already standing and he gestured for her to leave with him.

“P’Nadech,” Yaya followed. “Why did you pay for it?” She realized he must have done it when he supposedly went to the restroom before they ordered.

“Aow, I’m a gentleman. I won’t let a woman pay for me.”

Yaya frowned deeply. “You think I can’t afford it?”

It was an obvious question. “Of course I know you can.”

“Then why didn’t you let me? Or at least let me pay for myself?” Not letting him answer, she continued, “A real gentleman would treat a woman as an equal.”

Nadech hadn’t intended for her to feel insulted, but knowing Yaya was a strong woman with a lot of self-respect, he realized he should have at least let her know ahead of time. “I’m sorry. Please, don’t feel that I was looking down on you. I just…”

Yaya instantly regretted her lecturing tone. Though they were her personal beliefs, she shouldn’t take her agitation out on Nadech. He had had good intentions. “I really wish you hadn’t done that. But I especially feel bad because I meant to treat you.”

“You did.”

“How?”

“You were there.”

Her brow relaxed and she found that the bubbly feeling was inflating inside her even more. “Well, thank you. For treating me to dinner, I mean. I think we should be going now, before people start recognizing us.”

“Oh, good idea.” He had barely paid attention to that during the dinner and was now reminded that he should be more careful. Thankfully, because filming ended late in the evening, not many people were in the area. “I’ll drop you off at home.”

-------------
After Nadech had said his greetings to Yaya’s mom and rejected her invite to stay, because it was late, Yaya stalled by his car to say good night. She peered through her lashes up at him. he quickly averted his eyes.

“Good night then,” he said quietly.

“You too, and thanks again.”

“See you.”

“So where did you two eat?” her mom asked.

“At our usual restaurant with dad.”

“Really?” her mom smiled. “I thought you said that you were never going to bring anyone except dad and me there.”

“...…”
Yaya looked up, that promise just dawning on her now. She had said that. “I—I just thought Nadech would like the food there. I mean, there’s not point in treating him to dinner if it’s not at the best place, right?” Her mom was looking too suspiciously smiley for her liking. “That’s all. I hope you don’t mind that I took him there.”

“Of course not honey. You can take whomever you like there. He’s an important person to you after all.”

“Mom! P’Nadech isn’t important to me!”

“Nonsense. He’s been your colleague for years, and you’re friends.”

“Oh, well, in that sense, yes, he is important.”

“What did you think I meant?”

“N…nothing. I’m going to shower.”

-------------
It took Nadech a couple minutes to realize he was speeding down the street. He eased his foot off the gas pedal. Sighing, he made an impulsive turn not in the direction of his house.

-------------
Mark let out a yelp as something very heavy crushed him in bed. “Get off me,” he yelled, struggling to force Nadech off of him. Nadech, who had simply flopped on his back as if Mark was a mattress, complied slightly by rolling over. “What the heck? Who let you in?”

“Your house? Your mom. Your room? Myself.”

“And why are you disrupting my beauty sleep?”

“Because I’m going crazy.”

“Correction—you were always insane.” Mark sat up and propped pillows behind him, while observing the listless and frowning Nadech. “What now? Don’t tell me—you asked Yaya out but got rejected?”

“You are way ahead of yourself. Why in the world would I ask her out? So that the paparazzi can hunt me down and shred me to pieces?” Nadech mumbled sarcastically.

“Why? Because one—you’re crazy, two—you like her, three—you’re crazy.”
Nadech shot him a glare. Mark help up his hands. “Ok, ok. So what then? Why have you suddenly voiced your state of psychological unstability?”

“We went to dinner together.”

“Good. Nothing new.”

“No, not good, and it is new because in case you need clarification, I did not say anyone else was with us.”

“Even better!”

“Not better either. I was trying so hard all day to keep away from her. You know, I was hoping to start shortening the time I have to spend around her.”

“Wait, whoa, whoa. So you’re avoiding her.”

“Not exactly—“

“That’s what it sounds like. You’re trying to ‘get used to not being around her,’ which is NOT going to work because,” Mark rolled his eyes at having to list out reasons again, “one—you are the p’ek, two—that’s kind of shady of you to give her so little attention when you’re colleagues, three—you like her—“

“No, I didn’t say—“

“THREE,” Mark cut in loudly and repeated, “you LIKE her, because obviously you wouldn’t be avoiding her unless there were feelings you’re trying to fight off. And so far, this method of cutting her out of your life cold turkey has an outlook success rate of nil, seeing as you said you spent all day staying away from her, but in the end went out to dinner with her, how was it by the way?” he finished with his run-on question.

“Really good,” Nadech murmured miserably.

“I take it you don’t mean just the food?” which earned Mark yet another glare. “Hey, you can lie to yourself all you want but you can’t fool me.”

Nadech muttered into a pillow, so that Mark could only catch words like “know it all” and “pushy” and “make me sound like I’m a drug addict”.

“Yeah, yeah, this Know It All is going to help you. First, whether or not you want to…pursue her, you have to admit your feelings and accept them first. The process is not unlike accepting you have a disease, except there is no time for anger or depression. You have to accept it.”

“Right ‘doctor’.”

“Now, repeat after me: I like her.”

“I like her.”

Mark paused, slack-jawed. That was too simple. “Let me rephrase: I like YAYA.” Nadech’s mouth was silent like he’d lost his voice box. Mark smirked. “Do it.”

Nadech took a deep breath. “I...like…” Mark waited expectantly. “...like...like...Oui!” Nadech explained frustratingly. “This is crazy.”

“Look who I’m talking to.”Mark massaged the bridge of his nose but asked patiently, “Why is it so hard?”

“Because I...well, how do I know really like her? What if this is just a passing emotion that resulted from spending so much time with her onset?”

“Ah, I see. You’re worried that this is all from the romance of the lakorn, not your own, and that once you’re done filming, the feelings will fade?”

Nadech knew it was highly unprofessional and even stupid, but if that’s what it was… “It wouldn’t be fair to Yaya if I...do something only to have the...feeling pass.”

“Look, the lakorn and the time you spend closely with each other while working will increase these feelings; I’m not going to deny that your concerns are unfounded, because even the best of us can’t help but be influenced by emotions we play out so much. But let’s not forget that you guys maintained a decent friendship even after the first time you worked together. It wasn’t just saying ‘hi’ once in a while, or forcing yourself to talk, am I right?”

He was. There had rarely been an awkward moment between Nadech and Yaya. They shared similar interests and taste in humor, and were able to hold effortless conversations. They were both serious about work and so, they understood one another’s perspectives. They laughed around each other comfortably and easily, and once they obtained one another’s phone numbers, they were not opposed to keeping in friendly contact.

“So now you’re thinking, well, isn’t this a sibling relationship? But,” Mark continued, “whether two people start out as friends or siblings, love can develop, and is in fact, a logical result, especially if said two people find each other attractive.”

Nadech ignored the “L” word and asked cheekily, “Are you sure this isn’t all justification for your own purposes?”

Also ignoring his friend, Mark said, “I can’t convince you that you truly like Yaya and not, I don’t know, Jeed or Ying Aom. You need to convince yourself. And then accept it. I mean, what was your first memory of Yaya?”

Nadech thought for a few silent seconds. “I remember her as Jeed.”

“What?” Mark had so not expected that.

“I don’t mean that I see Yaya as Jeed, nor do I think that I’m in love with Jeed. I mean that after we were cast in the lakorn, there was one scene we were filming, and I was having trouble with the feelings when I read the script, but once she started acting, I was just…blown away." An amused smile grew on his face as he reminisced. "She expressed Jeed in a way that made me know how to react as Fai. And I admire her for that dedication, the way she works to perfect her work, or her role, while accepting humbly that she herself isn’t perfect. It made me want to work harder to become worthy as her costar.” And he was also grateful to have her as a friend.

“See? Just dig deep and you’ll find your answers. You have nothing to keep you back from telling her this is how you feel.”

These feelings are genuine and targeted at the real Yaya. Not the one in a photo shoot, however beautiful she is; not the one on-screen, however realistic her acting; not even the one in interviews where she has to be wary of rumors and public opinion. It was simply Yaya Urassaya that Nadech thought of. Why did the truth not relax Nadech?

He glanced at Mark. “What about you? I just figured out you must have gone through the same thing. Have you, er, moved past acceptance?”

Mark hesitated. “I’m waiting for the right moment. I mean, I have to keep the media in mind, right? But at least I’ve completed acceptance.” The thought of Mint toned down Mark’s ‘genius’ analyzing.

“Well, good luck to you. I’m not condemning you for trying, and you have my full support, but personally, I just can’t jeopardize my friendship with her. I admit it though. I like Yaya.”

Wow. So Nadech reached the conclusion of his feelings fairly quickly, at least I think so. I kept telling myself there was no way he would admit his feelings until...um forever--I knew (as the author lol) that he would admit them before Yaya does hers though, so I guess this is better. Because if Nadech was supposed to take 'forever' then oh boy, Yaya would have taken 'beyond infinity'. We'll see.
And of course, I suppose some of the credit of Nadech's realization is given to none other than his know it all buddy Mark! We can always count on Mark!
LOL.
Off to spazz more about Yadech's upcoming GRPGR! And rewatch SB.

jjinxx

duaxiong

sarNie Adult
Yay,Barry Admits that he likes Yaya;]]
Mark is too good,aha.I loved how Barry called him Doctor<3
The Dinner was sweet,Nadech tried to avoid Yaya,too cute^^

jjinxx

Chapter 7

“Well, I’m glad things worked out. I wasn’t sure if you might be too embarrassed to see him after you kissed him.”

“I did NOT kiss him.” Yaya winced. She was glad Nadech hadn’t mentioned that little bit of mortifying accident during their dinner together. Kim seemed to think the same thing.

“I’m surprised he didn’t use that to tease you. Good to know the little brother is learning some tact.”

Yaya rolled her eyes. Kim and Mint had not given up on their delusion that Nadech was chasing after her. “Well, I have to get going. I have to meet the Other Cast for the fitting.”

“M-kay. I’m going to call Margie. That girl has been too busy. Mint only just got through to her the other night.”

“Well she’s got a lot of work to focus on. Why? Is there any news to inform her about?” Yaya asked.

“Duh, you and…wait, let me use the fans’ name—YADECH!”

Yaya groaned. “And I thought it was important.”

“This is huge. You go work while we gossip and plot behind your back.” Kim laughed evilly.

Yaya punched the end button on her phone hard. Those three gals were going to land her in a psych ward one day. Why did the costars from so long ago have to end up as her best friends? But obviously, it was inevitable that the four girls and four guys would remain close friends. They were different, yet similar, which meant they got along while keeping things interesting and lively, from their once-in-a-while get-togethers, to their random debates; from shopping trips (mostly the girls) to sports scrimmages (mostly the guys). If any one of them were attending the same events, they made sure to converse at least once, depending on how busy they were. Cards and gifts were regularly sent also, with great inconspicuous methods of course, lest the fans should find out and get the ‘wrong idea’.

Yaya shook her head at the nonsense the girls were involving her in. She already knew Margie was going to be the worse one. That girl was all energy and words and once she set her mind to something, watch out, because P’Gie would not let you off her hook.

“It’s all that Nadech’s fault,” she said half-heartedly. She didn’t really blame him though. He was still his usual self. There was no evidence to suggest that he…liked her as more than a friend.

When I first saw him, I was like “OMG”

Kim's first impression of Nadech echoed in her ming. Well, Yaya’s first reaction could be described as jaw-drop, heart-in-her-throat feeling.

“Ugh, why am I thinking about this? So what if he’s good-looking? I’ve gotten over that. Everyone loves Nadech. He probably has tons of women chasing him, how can he have time to pursue me?” Yaya added quickly, “Not that I even believe that’s possible. We’re just…friends.”

-------------
Channel HJX
“We’re just friends ka.”

The reporter made a disbelieving noise. “No need to hide anything now, nong. You two get along very well, even your fans are rooting for some real life relationship.”

“We get along because we’re familiar and we do have a real life relationship,” Yaya answered with a smile. “And that is friendship. He’s an elder brother I look up to.”

Boy snickered. “Hear that? She not only said you’re just friends—which is definitely a phrase you don’t want to hear from the lips of a girl you like—but Yaya also said you’re her brother.”

Nadech shrugged nonchalantly. It honestly didn’t bother him. “I always tell reporters that we’re like siblings. I’m not offended or anything. Isn’t that the same as what you told reporters when they asked about you and P’Vicky?”

“Oh come on. Of course we always give the same answers to reporters. But right there is the girl you LIKE.” Boy’s eyes widened to give emphasis. “Doesn’t it hit even a small nerve when you hear her say those words, no matter if they’re routine answers or not?”

Nadech was about to tell Boy that he didn’t care and to let him get back to watching Yaya—who was all made up with her wavy brown hair pinned behind her ear and a floral gown in period-drama style swishing around her legs as she moved—when a person appeared on the TV screen beside her.

...“Well how about this brother?” the reporter asked, greeting Wit Nakwan, Yaya’s costar and the rising p’ek of her Other Lakorn. While they interviewed with voices in the background, the screen flashed through scenes of Yaya and Wit posing and standing very close together for photos for the fitting of their period lakorn before coming back to the pra’nang and reporter.

Boy glanced over and saw Nadech—who, just moments ago, had been watching Yaya’s fitting with a contented smile—become more solemn with a slight crease between his brows. Boy chuckled. Mark was right, Nadech was way smitten with Yaya. Actually, he was surprised that Cupid had spared the two kids (as he regularly referred to Nadech and Yaya) for so long. Even during their first lakorn, Boy’s instinct had told him Yaya and Nadech would be hooking up. And now, years later, one of them was finally into the other and it was going to be interesting to watch Nadech stick to his principles that it would be ‘wrong for him to make a move towards Yaya’ and he could not risk 'disturbing calm waters'.
Boy smirked, thinking ‘Of course, the ripples have already stirred and will become waves eventually.’
Should he be the wind that speeds things up? ‘Nah.’ He shook his head. ‘They have to think this for themselves.’ Especially after Mark told him about Nadech’s fears that his character was what’s influencing his feelings.

“Hey, here’s the main man.”

Mark joined them. Boy and Nadech had decided to visit Mark on the set of his currently filming lakorn.

“Why’s that guy pouting?” Mark asked Boy, nudging his chin at Nadech.

“Oh, he’s just not pleased to see his n’ek in another guy’s arms.”

Nadech threw them a look of exasperation and demanded, “My smoothie please.”

Mark handed it to him, chortling with Boy. “How come you guys came to visit me but I’m the one buying you food instead?”

“Because I’m you elder,” Boy explained simply.

“Because I’m your junior.” Nadech winced as he tried to fight off a brain freeze.

“Tch, I can’t argue with you anyway,” Mark said to Nadech. “Don’t need to make your life any more depressing than it already is, so I might as well indulge you in your second favorite thing in the world—food.”

Deciding to let Mark’s remark about his depressing life pass, Nadech stated, “Food is my first favorite thing in the world.”

“I beg to differ. THAT is you first favorite thing in the world.”

Nadech looked over to the TV that was now airing Mistine’s commercial, starring a sparkly and smiling Yaya. It wasn’t until the commercial had ended that Nadech looked up to see Mark and Boy snickering at him. He just sighed.

“Don’t worry,” Mark patted him on the back, “The way you yearn like a hungry puppy will surely be cute in the eyes of girls.”

“You’re one to talk. Isn’t that your ideal lady right there?”

The two watched a preview of Bie Sukrit’s music video, featuring Mint.

Boy changed the channel. “Yo, don’t let the staff and others come witness you two pining over your girls.”

“We’re not pining,” Nadech firmly declared, “Only Mark is.”

“Heeuy!” Mark smacked Nadech.

“You’re both pathetic. If you had just succeeded way earlier, then you wouldn’t have to suffer.”

“Krub, oh almighty love guru.” Mark rolled his eyes. “Except we would still face the same problems with the media.”

“But I thought you were more manly than this. What a waste, I even used to bet with Margie. I bet that between Mark-Mint and Nadech-Yaya, Yaya and Nadech would announce their engagement first. Margie bet that Mark and Mint would get married first though.”

Mark and Nadech protested incredulously.

“You two were betting about something this important in our lives?” Mark demanded, offended.

“Since when?” Nadech asked fiercely.

“Oh, you know, our first lakorn where we all costarred together,” Boy answered as if the topic was old news and obvious. “Oh, and P’Aum bet that Yaya and Nadech would have a child…” he checked his watch, “five months ago.”

The other two stared slack-jawed at how detailed the betting had been.

“Let me guess, Mint and I are going to get a divorce?” Mark asked dully.

“Don’t curse yourself. I only bet you two would go on a break during the engagement,” Boy said.

“Did you three do anything at all while we were busy filming our parts?” Nadech asked.

Boy just laughed. “It was fun.”

“Well your fun isn’t exactly helping us,” Mark said grumpily.

“Hey, I don’t want any help. I already made it clear that I only want to maintain a friend…ship…” Nadech trailed off as his attention was caught by news on the TV.

“Oh ho! You and your gentleman principles will leave you—“

“Shh!” Nadech shushed Boy.

Channel HKKX
“Yaya’s close friend Alex Rendell paid her a visit and sent her flowers to give her support for her new lakorn. Maae, how sweet. Is it possible that this close friend is trying to show that there are possible other outcomes for their relationship? We’ll keep an eye on them for all of you.”

“Well, there you go. Some other ‘friend’ is going to step it up in your place.”

“But don’t worry, Miss Reporter will keep an eye on them for you,” Boy smirked.

-------------
Sure, he’d said he wanted to only stay friends, but he had never seriously considered the consequence that other guys would go after her. There was always gossip that this or that guy was after her. So why was he so surprised? Now Nadech’s head hurt. He hadn’t imagined having to bare watching Yaya with someone else.

'When she finds the right person, I’ll still be her friend and watch her be happy. There’s no other choice.' He smiled at the thought Yaya living happily with a faceless, nameless man, and he sighed.

“P’Nadech, are you ready?”

He looked up. “Yep.”

“Let’s go then.”

Today was the beginning of their last week of shooting Jao Hua Jai. Yaya and Nadech climbed into the bed together.

Scene X!X
Ying Aom’s eyes blinked open until they were fully focused. At first, she searched for her beloved, but then felt comforted because she could feel the warmth of his arms around her, holding her from behind. At her slightest movement, his arms tightened, as if, even in his sleep, he knew she might leave him, and he didn’t want to let her go. As gently as she could, Ying Aom turned to face him.

“Khun Rak.”

Without opening his eyes, Apirak merely moved his head closer to her. She smiled. “Khun Rak, wake up. You didn’t forget what you promised me, did you?”

“Hm? Oh, that I would kiss you every morning? Ok, if you’re impatient.”

She giggled, ducking so that his puckered lips touched her forehead. He finally opened his eyes and grinned at her.

“You promised to watch the sunrise with me. Wake up now, na.” She loosened herself out of his hold and bounced over to the glass door. She opened the curtains and stepped out onto the balcony. “Hurry, or you’ll miss it!”

Apirak joined her. Ying Aom bit her lip, watching his tall figure approach her. His hair was tussled like a model’s and a white shirt stretched over his chest and abdomen muscles.

“Aren’t you going to watch the sun?” he smirked, making her blush. She turned her back to him.

“Look, it’s coming up.” She breathed in a deep breath of the fresh dawn air. Apirak’s eyes wandered away from the glittering sky to his wife. Her hair was gathered over her left shoulder, leaving her skin bare to tease him with. She watched the scenery with a serene expression of content.

Ying Aom glanced over and saw Apirak leaning an elbow on his balcony, his head perched on his hand while watching her. She pursed her lips. “Won’t you even pretend to look at the sun?”

He shook his head and closed in on her, his hands on either side of her, leaning close. He breathed her scent.

“It’s very beautiful, you know.”

“It is beautiful, but it can’t compare to the person in front of me.” He spoke softly by her ear. “Whether it’s body, heart, mind, or soul, you are the most beautiful part of my life. Chun rak tur, Yaya.”

Yaya’s eyes widened.

“CUT!”

Nadech pulled away and looked over expectantly.

“Nong, you just said Yaya’s name.”

“Krub.”

Yaya quirked her brow at his answer, like that was what he was supposed to do, then saw the realization of his mistake wash over his face.

“O-oh, right. Sorry,” he gave a nervous laugh.

“Take two.”

Scene X!X. Take 2
“Chun rak tur, Ying.” As the brilliant sunlight crept up the balcony, it spotlighted the two lovers sealing their love with a kiss

“I loved it!” Director exclaimed. She wiped a tear. “I’m going to miss this lakorn so much when we’re all finished. I can’t believe this is drawing to a close so soon.”

Some cast members comforted her and Nadech was there to lighten the mood. Yaya watched from a little farther away.

Nadech had said Chun rak tur, Yaya.

She rolled her eyes. 'At least he can act so realistically that you’re going crazy thinking about that mistake. This is all Mint and Kim’s fault.'

“Alright, one more scene for today. Everyone go change into the script’s clothes.”

Yaya decided to tease Nadech. “Hey you, I plan to be home early, so don’t mess up and say the wrong name again.”

He stared at her seriously. “Sorry about that. You have my word that I will say the right name from now on.”

“Nadech ka!” Matt bounded onto the set with some people behind her. She greeted the Director briefly, then came over to the two of them. “Nadech, I came to surprise you!” she took his arm. “Look, I brought food for the cast and crew. It’s all very delicious. Come eat with me before you start filming, na?”

Yaya excused herself. Matt smiled at her. “Hurry and get some food Yaya, before it’s all gone. Here Nadech, I brought yours for you. You have to save your strength. Let’s go sit…”

Yaya joined the crew and tried to resist peeking over to the right where Nadech and Matt were.

“This is pretty good.”

“Do you think Matt is being too obvious? She’s openly visiting Nadech onset like this.”

“He’ll have to deal with it later,” Director said with her mouth full.

Hello! Ah, I feel like I have so many plans or little YADECH scenes in my mind but I'm working out when they should occur! I want those two to have cute scenes! LOL Because the Ying Aom and Apirak scenes are romantic, but not "real"...

I just signed a lease to live in a 4 bedrm. apartment for next school year with my friends! I'm so excited! :dance1:

Also, I apologize for being slow. I've found so many random lakorn to watch. Currently watching/waiting for the subs of Kob and Stefan's Llong Ngao Jun. ^^ I'm also watching the ending of Wanida and Jai Rao. I'd also love to find subtitles for Kob's Reun Sawn Rak--meanwhile I might watch Sapai Look Tung or Prajan See Roong. LOL that's a long list. Good luck to me while getting homework done too. Not a chance!

jjinxx

jjinxx

AUTHOR'S NOTE--------------

This might not be a big deal to readers, but I just don't want any confusion. I kept changing the fonts and bolding and italicizing certain parts, but I finally worked out a system.
Any part that is being filmed or is the script of a lakorn will be in Georgia font
The characters' memories will be italicized
Their silent thought will be in 'single quotes'
Anything that is shown through the TV will be bold
Texting is Verdana font, italicized

imaginarygur

sarNie Adult
haha... all the characters inside the story are funny... haha.. when will both of them confess their feelings.. getting frustrated to see them like that/...=p

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
I regret not reading this story earlier.
Although, I've started & it's excelllent.
The writing is great & I just love the characters.
Can't wait for more of Yadech ;)

jjinxx

Chapter 8

“She’s back again?”

“I wonder what she brought for us this time.”

Matt smirked. People could be counted on to make a big deal out of small news. She knew her visiting
Nadech onset would get in the media soon enough.
A sight in front of Matt stopped her in her tracks. Nadech was showing some features on his phone to Yaya and they began taking photos with it. He made bunny ears behind her head, then they made funny faces and on and on. Matt glared, then, composing herself, she went and interrupted them.

“Excuse me,” she stepped past Yaya so she was between them and asked, “Is that a new phone Nadech?”

“No, um, just my old one.”

“How cute, let’s take a picture for good memories, ok?” She clutched his arm and posed for the camera.

A little uncomfortable, but unwilling to upset her, Nadech consented and took pictures, though he looked over to Yaya, who had awkwardly left them alone.

“That’s enough now,” Matt said happily. “Are you hungry? I brought more food. This time they are even better than the other!”

Thinking fast, Nadech suggested, “Let’s join the others so they can thank you for the treat.” He didn’t want to be caught eating alone with her again. She reluctantly followed him to the crew’s area.

Yaya saw them approaching and tried to grab a seat between Jean and Gale, but the makeup artist’s assistant sat down first, so Yaya was left with the end.

Nadech eyed the seat next to Yaya hopefully, but Matt quickly sat down to separate him from Yaya. “Come sit!” she said brightly.

As they all thanked her for bringing food, Matt replied graciously, “You’re welcome.” While were eating, she cried out, “You have some on your mouth, let me wipe it for you!”

Nadech leaned away. “No, no, it’s ok, I got it…Er, thanks.”

Everyone watched them.
Yaya glanced from the corner of her eye and sighed quietly. ‘Why does he have to eat so messy all the time? Is this his way of getting girls to fuss over him?’

“…just a napkin will be ok.”

“Ka.” Matt reached across the table and discretely pulled back her arm as she grabbed a napkin. Her elbow knocked into her cup, which spilled onto Yaya’s lap.

Yaya stood up quickly as the orange juice stained her jeans and white shirt.

“Oui, I’m sorry,” Matt apologized.

“Nong, what happened?”

“Are you ok?”

“What is it?” some asked.

Nadech immediately went to her side. “Are you ok?” he asked while taking off his long sleeve to cover her.
“I’m fine, it just spilled. It was an accident.”

“Someone come clean this up,” Director ordered.

“Are you sure?” he asked. She nodded. Matt hurried to them, unwilling to let Yaya have Nadech's attention.

“I’ll go help you clean up, come on Yaya.” They left for the bathroom.

Matt handed Yaya a wet handkerchief.

“Thanks. I’m really fine, you should return to the others,” Yaya reassured.

Matt leaned against the sink and smile. “Well if you’re sure. Oh, and I just wanted to know from you if I was bothering you guys by coming here like this. I hope I’m not disturbing you too much, am I?”

“No, of course not. You even bring us food, so everyone is very grateful towards you.” She smiled sincerely.

“Well, it’s no trouble at all. And I especially want to make sure Nadech is eating well.”

Yaya laughed. “P’Nadech would never miss a meal. That guy has Director under his control, so even the few times we filmed during mealtime, we filmed a scene where the characters are eating.”

Matt carelessly checked out her manicured nails. “Well, Nadech does have his ways of charming people, doesn’t he? But of course, he’s only interested in…me.”

Yaya looked up at that and glanced at Matt’s reflection in the mirror.

“…I mean, I know that coming here distracts him from his work, because he’ll pay more attention to me, but I just can’t help it. I like being close to him. You understand, don’t you Yaya? I hear you and Alex are dating.”

Yaya denied, “No, that’s just the press making news for entertainment.”

Matt shrugged. “If you say so. I guess it’s the same as the news and rumors about you and Nadech, right? It’s all just promotion for your lakorn, but the feelings are fake. I understand. Thanks, I’m glad we have the same understanding. Not that I had any doubts in Nadech.” She ambled out of the bathroom, flipping her hair.

Nadech is interested in Matt? Yaya chided herself, thinking, ‘Duh, they probably planned these onset visits…’ She wondered why she resented that idea.

“Because he’s intentionally interfering with his work? Hmph, all he can think about is his girl, now that the lakorn is almost finished. Well, I’m happy for him then, that he’ll have more time to spend with her.” Yaya wondered why he only just started dating now, when he wasn’t usually flirty in the past.
She realized she wasn’t even scrubbing the stained spot and after a couple of minutes, gave up.

“Is Matt gone already?” Yaya asked.

Nadech, who had stood up as soon as he saw her return, answered, “Uh…yeah, she had an appointment.”

“Don’t you sound disappointed…” she mumbled.

“What?”

She eyed him sternly. “No offense meant or anything, but I think if you want to meet with your girlfriend, try not to let it distract you from work.”

He caught up to her side and asked, “My girlfriend?”

She nodded, “Matt.”

His brow knit together, perplexed. “Why would you think that? Don’t tell me you listen to celebrity gossip too,” he joked.

Her frown deepening, Yaya replied, “Well, if you’re sure that’s how it is, you should let her know. She told me that you…”

He waited for her to finish her sentence.

She stuttered before saying confidently, “You like her.”

He was so stunned to hear that that he couldn’t respond for several moments, during which Yaya stalked off.

Nadech watched her go in confusion. He held up his phone, where he’d been viewing the pictures. The one currently onscreen was of him and Yaya.

Not sure what was going on, Nadech followed to where Yaya had seated herself and had her script up.

“Let me get this straight. Matt said I like her?” Nadech questioned.

She nodded like it was a small matter. “Chai.”

He walked around her. “Maybe she was joking.” He slipped into the seat next to her. “Because it’s not true.”

Yaya’s eyes, which had failed to read her script from the start, now lifted, like her mood. She cleared her throat. “You shouldn’t flirt with girls who you’re not serious about. It’s unfair to them.”

“When have I ever flirted with Matt? I can’t recall ever doing so...But thank you for the advice. I will make sure to clear this up with her so that it will not be unfair to her feelings.”

“Good then. I don’t want to hear you’re breaking any woman’s heart.”

“You think I would ever do such a thing? Don’t you know me better than that?”

She looked at him sideways and grudgingly said, “Well, I trust your word since we’re…friends. Just make sure you tell her, and don’t flirt carelessly.”

He saluted her, “Krub!” Then Nadech grinned like a naughty child. “But don’t you think maybe she is the one flirting with me? Some women are bold like that…Some like to flatter men, or bat their lashes...Some women like to kiss people while they are locked in closets together.”

Yaya’s jaw dropped and she whipped around to face him. “You…you…” she looked around to avoid catching his gleaming eyes because she knew she’d burn up with embarrassment. “That was not flirting! It…it was an accident!”

“What if I accidently liked it?”

Further flabbergasted, she could only utter, “What?”

“Just kidding!” He pinched her nose. “Let me borrow this, na?” He swiftly retrieved her script out of her hands before her mind had processed correctly.

Anyone here watch the trailer for Tawan Deard??? I did, and boy, it got me really excited to watch Yaya and Mark couple together. I know, that is blasphemy in Yadech realm lol. But even though I wasn't interested in the whole cowboy action theme, it just looks really fun to watch now, and the story became so intense, like a totally new genre of thai lakorn. ^^
And of course, I'm totally psyched just waiting for Game Rai Pai Game Ruk to start!
But I think the closest upcoming lakorn I'll be watching is Ploy and Dome's Ruk Mai Mee Wan Tai!!
peace out.

jjinxx

chubbycheeks

imma kick ur-ass-aya !
Zawww they're so cute! I love the lines where Nadech says "Some women like to kiss people while they are locked in closets together" and "What if I accdiently liked it?" Thanks for the updates

jjinxx

Chapter 9

Matt’s smile froze in place. She hadn’t expected Nadech to confront her about what she had lied to Yaya about. “Oh, that? I was just kidding around with nong Yaya. Maaae, I didn’t think she would complain to you about that.”

“She didn’t complain,” Nadech explained gently. “She actually wanted to make sure that the two of us understand each other. I told her you were just joking. Thanks for your time Matt.”

“No problem.” Inside, she was seething at hearing Nadech tell her straight out that he had no feelings for her. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw people were noticing the two of them together. Rolling her shoulders back to face Nadech straight, she said, “I’ll see you tomorrow at the premiere.” She placed her hand on his shoulder briefly.

Nadech sighed, glad to have gotten that over with. Now he just had to deal with the next day’s filming…and the days after that.

-------------
Yaya rhythmically punched her pillow while staring at the TV.

It’s not true.

She kept telling herself that the relief she felt from hearing Nadech say that was only because she was a woman and didn’t want to know that one of her friends was being a player. But why would Matt say so blatantly that Nadech liked her then? Yaya could tell Matt definitely had not been joking. But Nadech wasn’t the type to lie either.

“Oui, Yaya, don’t get worked up over his matter! He promised to clear it up already. If he gets in trouble later, that’s his fault.” She shook out her curled fist and mercifully set the pillow aside. Her phone vibrated, signaling a text message.

I’m on break. Are you busy tomorrow night? You’re not right?

Yaya replied to Mint. I have a meeting with Khun Nop for an interview, and photoshoot.

Darn, I wanted you to come with me to P’Chom’s movie premiere.

Yaya had been looking forward to watching Chompoo’s movie, but decided not to accept Mint’s invitation.

-------------
Yaya was just getting into her character’s clothes, her mind wandering to last night. She hadn’t been able to attend the movie premiere, but she got home in time to see the short interviews and celebrity viewing. Nadech and Mark had been present, along with Mint. What occupied her mind though was that while taking pictures, Nadech was beside Matt, posing for cameras. She came out of the dressing room when some gossip behind her buzzed into her ear.

“Someone recorded Nadech meeting with Matt. It was just yesterday morning and the internet is flooded with comments.”

“Wow, he went and met her that soon?”

“I wonder if their meeting had some secret meaning.”

“Maybe he was inviting her to the movie premiere of last night, you know, because they were seen together and everything.”

“Do you think they have something going on?”

“Yaya, good morning!” Nadech greeted. “I did exactly as you told me. I’ve cleared everything up with Matt and she said she was just kidding around with you. So this proves I was right and that I’m not a mean heartbreaker, right?” he expected to get an approving smile out of her.

Yaya pursed her lips. “Good for you. But I thought you would have enough sense to talk to her more privately.” She got up to look at the full length mirror.

He stopped beside her. “What do you mean?”

She eyed him sharply. “Don’t you know that your good intentions have just started a bigger mess?” She sighed. “Forget it. It’s not my business anyways.”

“Hold on.” Nadech was surprised to see her so moody. “What’s going on? Did something happen?”

Spinning to face him Yaya said, “You met her in such an open area, people are gossiping all over the place about it. And you even attended the movie premiere with her. How did you expect the consequences would help you?”

“What does it matter where I met her? As long as everything between us is understood.”

“Just forget about this. Maybe you wanted to be seen with her.” He started to object but she kept going. “It doesn’t have anything to do with me. If you really are speaking truthfully and don’t want her to be affected negatively, you’ll have to deal with the public. I don’t need for you to make things clear to me.”

“Wait.” Yaya was forced to stop by his touch. Holding her arm, Nadech asked, “What do you mean it has nothing to do with you? You’re the one that told me what Matt said, and got me to understand that I had to make sure I didn’t hurt her feelings by accident. I want you to know I kept my word.”

“That doesn’t matter as much as the media—“

“I don’t care what the media writes or says about me. No matter what I do or where I go, it will be made public. Now, first of all, I didn’t go to the premiere with Matt, nor did I invite her. She saw me and asked to walk with me, so how could I refuse? Second, I did think through the situation before asking to see Matt the day before. I wanted to see her at the company because I knew people would be around and they would know that I have nothing to hide. I wasn’t asking her on a date or anything.”
He let her go. “I’m sorry if I disappointed you or involved you unnecessarily, but I thought that as my…” Nadech was so tired of having to use the word ‘friend’, “…as someone I trust in my life, I would at least not have to make excuses in front of you. That’s why I followed your advice as soon as possible. We won’t talk about this anymore if you don’t want to.”

Puzzled and taken aback by her guilt, Yaya searched for words. Yet, when she had intended to explain her misunderstanding, what came out was a defense mode. “I…I don’t like that this is being blown up in the opposite direction of what I wanted for Matt.” Feeling almost senselessly angry, Yaya said heatedly, but quietly to not attract attention, “You’re not doing a very good job of avoiding this kind of thing. This affects your friends and people you work with as well. Maybe you—you should just…”

“You guys!” P’Dara ran over to them, all soaked. “The weather has taken a terrible turn all of a sudden so we won’t be able to shoot the scenes planned. And we didn’t bring the equipment for the following scenes, so we’re forced to take today off. Take it easy for today and we’ll resume work tomorrow. The others are cleaning up so you can go home for now.” She went back to clear her makeup materials.

Taking one last look at Nadech, Yaya quickened to the dressing room. Nadech rubbed the heel of his hand to his head.

-------------
No matter how much Yaya squinted, she could not make her windshield any more clear than it was. The rain was pouring down hard like a waterfall and obscuring her vision. She was barely driving 10 mph because she was paranoid of getting in an accident. Through the grey rain, Yaya saw a blur of color up ahead. Someone’s car was parked to the side of the road. It looked familiar. Not thinking twice, she parked her car and rushed outside to the other car. In the few seconds it took the rain soak to her through, she knew why the car was familiar and before she could retreat, Nadech opened the passenger side door.

“Yaya, what are you doing there?”

“ Are you ok? Why are you just sticking around here?”

“Don’t you see the rain? I was going to wait to see if it lets up a bit. You shouldn’t drive just now, it’s too dangerous.”

She nodded.

Looking down her drenched clothes, he said, “Get inside.”

Remembering her behavior earlier, Yaya didn’t want to face Nadech so one-on-one like this. “It’s ok, I’ll go to my car.” Before she could get far, he had reached across and grasped her wrist and pulled her in.

Sitting there with her hair and clothes dripping onto his car’s seat, Yaya miserably looked away from him. She didn’t remember ever arguing with or feeling so annoyed with Nadech like this, and she even knew she had been unreasonable. But some stubborn part of her was unhappy about him. She wondered if he was mad at her, but didn’t give in to ask.

Nadech stretched his arm into the back. “Here, this is all I have.” He handed her a shirt. “It’s clean though.”

Just now feeling how chilled she was, she accepted his shirt silently and reluctantly. She wiped her arms and patted her hair.”

“Look, about me and Matt, there’s nothing going on, so even if—“

“I don’t have to know,” she interrupted. “I better go back to my car.” As fast as she could, Yaya opened the door and let herself out into the blowing downpour. Once she reached her car, she tugged at the handle but it didn’t budge.

“What?!”

“Yaya, what are you doing?” Nadech joined her.

She groaned. “I locked my keys in! Now what am I supposed to do?”

“I’ll take you home once it gets clearer.”
Yaya turned to him. “No need.” Between Nadech and the rain, she would take her chances with the rain. But Nadech wasn’t about to let her choose.

“Are you crazy? You won’t find a taxi out here. Just get in my car.”

“I’m fine.”

“You’re not a sponge that can hold water! Or has your brain gotten holes in it?” Not letting her retort, he dragged her by the elbow. “Come on or we’ll both be on our deathbeds soon.”

“Let go.” She could hardly fight him off. They got to the driver’s side and he pushed her in, making her slide and twist until she was in the passenger seat. “Ba! Why did you make me come through there?”

Nadech scoffed, “I play lakorn enough to know that if you’re in the car and I have to go around to my side, you’ll just open the door and run.” He pushed the button to lock all the doors.

“We’re not playing lakorn now.”

“Well, you’re acting like a stubborn n’ek. Look at us, it's like we bathed in our clothes.”

Frowning irately, Yaya crossed her arms. Nadech said calmly, “If you don’t want to be in here with me I’ll start driving you home. You sit over there and pray that we don’t hit anything.” He started the engine, making Yaya look up in alarm.

“Wait, don’t go yet, we can barely see two feet in front of us!”

He turned off the engine. "So you see reason now?” She glared off to the side. “I’m probably not the p’ek you want so that’s why you’re so unwilling. Hm.” He wondered out loud.

Yaya gaped at him. “What was that? That is not true at all!”

“It isn’t? Sure you don’t want Alex or Wit to come pick you up? Oh,” he made a face like disappointment. “Too bad the reception is still not good in this weather. Just bare it out with me, ok?”

She turned to sit facing him. “What? Are you picking a fight with me?”

“Just saying what’s on my mind. It’s not true?”

“Mai jing! Why are you using this gossip to quarrel with me?”

“Because you scolded me first. See now? I can’t help it if people make up stuff about me.”

Trying to defend herself, but unable to find a strong argument, Yaya make an infuriated face.

Softening, Nadech asked, “What’s wrong with you today? Why are you in such a bad mood?” She had never been so irrational before.

“Nothing,” she snapped. “I can’t be a normal person with moods?”

“But this isn’t just a mood. You’re angry at me, don’t deny it,” he held up a hand to stop her protest. “I can tell, but what I can’t tell is what I did wrong. We were working together well like usual right?”

Yaya swallowed hard. How could she explain to him that he had done nothing wrong? That she was upset because even though she knew he was being truthful, she disliked hearing everyone suspecting and even wanting him to date Matt? It didn’t make sense to her. He told her he hadn’t asked to meet Matt on purpose at the premiere. Why was she acting like Nadech was her possession? What did she want him to do, set up a press conference and declare that he hated all women…except her? That final thought shocked Yaya. Her mind had really become a holy sponge!

“I want to go home.”

“We will in just a bit.”

“No, now.” She fumbled around with the door handle.

“Stop, are you crazy?”

“Let go.”
“Just wait it out a bit longer,” he ordered, not loosening her as she struggled to get out.

“OW!” Their heads collided hard. Yaya massaged her forehead.

“I told you to sit still, didn’t I?” Nadech winced. “Let me see.”

She drew back, “I’m fine.”

“Just let me take a look.” He took hold of her shoulders roughly, but not hurting her, forcing her closer so he could peer at her red forehead.

They were too close for her to have anything to look at except his smooth face, or his neck that had drops of water clinging to it, and his muscular shoulders. Noticing all of this made Yaya feel embarassed. “Enough.” She shrugged off his hands.

“Can’t you just let me make sure you’re alright?”

“I think I can tell if my own body is seriously injured! You always make such a fuss over every small thing,” she said crossly.

Losing patience, Nadech retorted heatedly, “Well I’m sorry that every small thing about you just interests me because I care about you!”

Yaya grew still. What did he mean by that?

Nadech gulped. What had he done? Taking a deep breath, he said, “I can tell you can’t stand being with me, so we’ll go now. The rain is lighter now.”

She started to deny that was what she felt but stopped herself. “Fine.” She sat back with a dark expression, masking her bewilderment inside.

I want to see YADECH in a car together! :ph34r: lol I'm also hoping they can get together real soon guys!

I started watching Duangta Sawan. Unfortunately, not subtitles. But oh well, it's so intense!
Stay warm! It's definitely too cold up here to being doing this ---> :snowman:

jjinxx

imaginarygur

sarNie Adult
he accidently confess to her.. but why yaya is so stubborn and just tell him what she felt about him.. T.T

can't wait for more.. hahah...