Jao Hua Jai

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
Chapter 10

BANG

“You have to help me!”

Mark froze, just coming out of the kitchen with a stock of fruits, his mouth halfway through chewing a piece of melon, as Nadech nearly knocked down his front door, eyes flaring in desperation. He strode over to his still friend, took possession of his fruit-filled plate and sat down, shoving a piece into his mouth.
Mark recognized this behavior as a very distressed Nadech, since Nadech never ate so fast but instead savored every morsel of food in front of him.

Sitting on the footstool in front of Nadech and helping himself to his own fruit, Mark asked, “What? Is it Matt? I hear she’s been hanging around your set.”

“She has.”

“Want me to make the director give her a lakorn to keep her busy? I could come onset to keep her away. I could get someone to put diarrhea medicine in her food. I could start rumors about her and P’Boy.” He said all this with his mouth full, and Nadech, listening with his own full mouth, quirked a brow at the last suggestion. “Oh, he’d get over it.” Mark popped in another piece of honeydew.

“I took care of Matt already. It’s Yaya who I can’t face.”

“Want me to put the medicine in your food instead, so you have an excuse? And maybe we should start chewing now so neither of us chokes.”

Nadech nodded, swallowing the sugary fruit juice but kept going with another piece.

“And why can’t you face Yaya?”

Nadech filled Mark in about what had taken place, from Matt’s comment, to the premiere’s rumors, to the argument in his car with Yaya.

“…And I nearly blew my cover because I just couldn’t leave her misunderstanding that I like Matt.” Nadech was groping his fingers frantically around in the empty plate.

Mark pulled it out of his hand, feeling sympathetic. “You’re losing your control mate.”

“ I was fine just the other day.” Nadech groaned. If he saw her tomorrow, he’d probably do something to make her suspect his feelings even more. But he didn’t have enough energy to pretend indifference towards her while being a friend too.

“Want me to break your leg?” Mark asked helpfully. Nadech sent him a ‘what the heck’ look before looking up and seriously considering it. “Nah, forget that idea,” Mark rejected. “I don’t want to be accused of friend battery.”

“What can I do? And I don’t understand what I did to make her mad in the first place! I went and talked to Matt like a gentleman, didn’t I?”

“You didn’t do anything wrong,” Mark assured him. “You know, it almost sounds like…” he chuckled in amusement, “but it can’t be.” He stopped and held his chin while his eyes lit up, “But it’s not impossible.”

“What? What?! The suspense is killing me,” Nadech complained.

“Jai yin na. Just calm down,” Mark gave him a thoughtful look. “From what I have heard, it sounds like…Yaya’s jealous of you.”

Nadech gaped at him blankly and then hid his face in his hands. “If you’re trying to make me feel better it’s not working.”

“Hey, the possibility of Yaya liking you is not so preposterously low, you know. If it can happen to you, why not her too?”

“That’s a whole different realm of disasters. For now, I just want to make sure she doesn’t catch on about me, got it? Maybe I just shouldn’t talk to her when not necessary.”

“Hey, you’re not going to do the whole staying away from her spiel again? Remember, it didn’t last.”

“But this time she might not want to be around me either.”

Mark tapped his head. “Go shower and change before you catch a cold and your mom comes after me.”

-------------
Yaya sat glumly in front of her mirror of the dressing room.

Well I’m sorry that every small thing about you just interests me because I care about you!

“What does that mean?” Yaya asked, like her reflection might answer her. The rain beat against one of the windows, as if not allowing her to forget their tense moments in the car. She had barely said anything to him once they got to her house.

“What is wrong with me? And why did he say that? He makes it seem like what Kim and Mint were saying is true. But,” she stumbled for excuses, “he meant friends, right? He cares about me because we’re friends.”

‘And I didn’t treat him like one at all yesterday. I had a terrible attitude,’ was her guilty thought.

Yet, the idea became planted in her mind seriously for the first time and without even knowing it, her heart, which had felt grey and cloudy like the weather, was slowly being cleared as she thought about the possibility that Nadech likes her. She pondered about his actions. He had done a lot to follow her advice about Matt. And like Kim pointed out last night over the phone while Yaya was confessing her guilt, he had explained himself right away, as if he was afraid she really thought he liked Matt.

“I’ll apologize to him today,” she promised.

-------------
To Yaya’s disappointment, she had no opportunities to apologize or even talk to Nadech at all. When they weren’t busy acting, Nadech was on the phone, talking with the director, or practicing with other cast members. This time Yaya knew she wasn’t imagining it. He really was avoiding her, which must mean he was upset. Yaya sighed. She couldn’t even go outside to get fresh air because it was sprinkling steadily.

Once she almost caught Nadech on his own, but Director called for her.

The next day was similar, except that she and Nadech had even less time of filming because the major scenes left were supposed to be outdoors and Director refused to alter the script to accommodate indoor settings.

As Yaya left the set sullenly, Director discussed with her crew about changing location.

-------------
Mark patted his hair, trying to make sure it wasn’t sticking out. He looked left and right, going between the two women in front of him. With a hand on her hip, Kim stared at him powerfully.

“So what will you say? Tell us the answer.”

He gulped. Should he reveal his friend’s secret?

At his hesitance, Kim looked at Mint and Mint looked at Kim. Kim gave her a nod and turned to Mark. “I’m going to get some water. Have a chat with Mint for now.”

Mint pulled a chair close to Mark. He tried not to let his nervousness show.

“Mark ka.”

“Yes?” he answered immediately.

“Why don’t you just tell us? Please? It’s not that hard. It’s a simple yes or no.” She nodded, then shook her head to demonstrate, which he found extremely cute.

“Well…” Her large eyes intently gazed at him. His resolve was cracking. “Why do you want to know? Isn’t it their problem to work out themselves?” As if Mark hadn’t been involved from the start.

“Because we want to help our friends. But before we can do that, we have to know the truth. So can you tell me? Na?” She leaned towards him. His breath caught. “Does Nadech like Yaya?”

“…Yes.” He hung his head, defeated.

Meerily, Mint grinned and clapped her hands. “Thank you Mark!” she hugged him then leaped up and called, “Kim!”

“What?” she returned without any water.

“It’s true! We were right!”

“I knew it!” They chattered excitedly.

“What are you planning?” Mark asked suspiciously.

“Nothing yet. But the situation is dire. You know, I heard from Jean that Nadech and Yaya have not been talking onset like they usually do. Don’t you think this is serious?”

“Really?” Mark asked. “I told that guy it wasn’t going to work.”

“What do you mean?”

“Tell us everything you know,” Kim commanded.

Mark dove into Nadech’s story and strategy.

“Yaya, she doesn’t know her own feelings, obviously,” Kim shook her head with pity. “And Nadech thinks he can just hide it all?”

“Let’s think this through slowly. How do we get her to know if she likes Nadech?”

Mark was playing around with the remote and accidentally turned on the TV.

“Some entertainment updates for you today, due to the weather, the lakorn Jao Hua Jai has had a few setbacks. Director has made plans to relocate their final filming to another province, hoping that the weather there will add to the romance. We heard it is in Surat Thani province, but it seems like Director is aiming for Pattaya. The cast will travel tomorrow and resume their filming. Many viewers are highly anticipating this lakorn so we wish the team all the best of luck…”

At moment, Mint and Margie’s manager came into the company meeting room that the three were in.
“Oh, Mint there you are. I wanted to let you know that you and Margie will have a photoshoot out of town.”

“Oh? Where is it?”

“Margie actually suggested the location and the editor of ELLE really liked it. You will be in Phuket.”

“Thanks.”

“Be ready to leave in two days.” The manager left.

“Margie has a lot of influence, doesn’t she?” Mark thought out loud.

“Like you don’t already know. She’s outspoken and knows how to win over people.”

“Thank you for your compliments.”

“P’Gie!” Mint exclaimed. Margie strode inside and joined the group, flashing a triumphant smile.

“What’s up everyone?”

“Margie, we were just talking about you-know-who.”

“Aaaah,” Margie nodded. “Those two are so lost when it comes to one another. But no worries because thanks to me, they’ll have some help during their little island filming.”

“Huh?” came from Mark.

“Mint and I are going to Phuket. So we’ll be able to spice things up between the two kids.”

“But Margie,” Kim said, “they’re going to Pattaya.”

“Mai chai,” she wagged a finger. “I got the information from a very reliable source that confirmed Director is sending everyone to Phuket. The news is still fresh, so I’m sure you guys just heard the rumors. I am one hundred percent sure of this.”

Mark’s phone buzzed.

Going to Phuket tomorrow. See you in a couple of days. Tell P’Oh that we’ll reschedule the game.

Mark read this text out loud for the girls to hear, and they could deduce that it came from no other than Nadech. Raising his eyes, he watched as Mint raised her brow meaningfully at Kim, who looked over at Margie gleefully, who looked at Mint with satisfaction. “Sorry to interrupt but I am so not good with you girls’ eye conversation. Speak normal human language please,” he requested.

“P’Gie is a genius,” Mint simply declared.

“You have to give me daily updates while you’re there,” Kim ordered. “In fact, no less than three times a day.”

“No problem,” Margie smirked, making the ok sign with her fingers.

:fanfic:
Author's note-------------

Margie makes her appearance!!!
woot woot! Margie and Boy will have their own lakorn!

Ok, Phuket was kind of cliche, and I kept researching which place/island JHJ cast should go to, hoping to find a more secluded island but not one that was private, but after I read the description of Phuket I just thought, like every other person, that it was the perfect place for a getaway and for filming. It's gorgeous!

I want some honeydew.

jjinxx

jjinxx

Chapterr 11

“I only have one day of filming here, while the others have two, but Director wants everyone to stay because she wants the party to be held here,” Yaya explained to her mom while tossing a shirt into her suitcase. She offered a short laugh. “Yes, she likes luxury and decided that the best place for her party cannot be anywhere but the famous Phuket.”

A knock came at the door. “Are you girls well rested yet?”

“Mom, I’ll see you in a couple days. Love you!”

-------------
Nadech stood looking out at the sea. He felt a clap on his shoulder.

“How’s it goin?”

“P’Aum,” Nadech’s face lit up at the sight of his senior colleague again. “You have work here?”

“I had some personal time after the filming. Thought I’d stay behind a few days to relax before going back to work.”

“Cool, you should come to our farewell party.”

Aum laughed. “Your Director just invided me also. Well, where’s nong Yaya? Isn’t she here too?” Aum noticed Nadech gazing past his should and turned to see Yaya emerge with a group of people. Aum looked back at Nadech just in time to catch his expression of longing before he said, “Let me get you a water bottle,” and nearly bolted away.

Yaya came and greeted Aum with her big smile. “How are you doing?”

“I’m fine,” he smiled. “So I heard you don’t have too much to do after today. Are you going to go goof off with Nadech?”

Her smile faltered as she gave Nadech a fleeting look. “Um, I think I might just take this opportunity to catch up on rest, or study my next script.”

“Don’t work too hard or your youth will be spoiled,” he teased.

“Don’t worry. I’ll talk to you later P’Aum.” She strode away to the set.

Aum had his hands on his hips as Nadech returned with the water. “What game are you guys playing?”

“What do you mean?”

“Usually you and Yaya get along right? How come today you’re like two magnets that keep repelling when the other one gets too close?”

Nadech sighed. “I don’t know what to do about her.”

“Meaning…” Aum lifted his brow, showing that he already guessed Nadech’s problem, which made Nadech quickly try to explain.

“Hold on, it’s not—“

“No need to try and fool me. I can see right through you.”

Nadech grimaced. “Everyone can tell. What am I made of, glass?”

“Everyone can tell except her,” Aum corrected and crossed his arms. “What’s taking you so long?"

Nadech fought to refrain from rolling his eyes. "Sorry that we failed to give you a child five months ago."

Aum smirked at the memory of his bet, then straightened his face. "No matter if it’s your careers or if you’re not sure she’ll accept you, you can’t keep pretending in front of her forever.”

“But—“

“Look, let me give you some advice. You’ve been playing lakorn for a long time to make a living. But once it comes to the actual LIVING and the actual loving, you have to put away the act. The worse thing an actor can do is to continue acting off-screen. If you love someone, just be true to yourself and she’ll understand your sincerity.”

“I’m not brave like you,” Nadech said dishearteningly. “Our careers will be affected.”

“You think the paparazzi are the problem? Love itself is a battlefield. Don’t be merciful to anyone in your way, including yourself, until you’ve succeeded in expressing your feelings.” Then Aum shrugged. “But it’s really up to you.” He took his water and left.

Nadech gaped after him. ‘He gives me that whole lecture and then shrugs like it’s no big deal?’

In a way, Nadech admired Aum even more, despite his sharp nose for others’ problems. He swallowed hard, watching Yaya. P’Aum was right. There was no point in hiding it. Even if he kept worrying that their friendship would fall apart, Nadech realized he could no longer be her friend anyway.

-------------
Nadech narrowed his eyes in annoyance. They were taking a short break and some of the male crew members kept ogling Yaya.
As if that wasn’t bad enough, Yaya and Chawanop, who plays her ex-boyfriend, just got done with a scene where the two reconcile and become friends. It was a sad scene, where Ying takes pity on her ex-boyfriend and they hug. Chawanop had pecked her on the cheek and much to Nadech’s displeasure, Director had not called a CUT, even though the kiss was not in the script.

When Director called for standby, Nadech parted the group of people in front of him. “Let’s get ready for our part.” He led Yaya away by the arm.

Yaya was trying to figure out Nadech’s actions. It was the fist time in days that he had initiated speaking with her. Not that they had had much time to talk yet, since they were still filming, but Yaya couldn’t help feeling hopeful that they’d reconcile soon.

Right now, Director had CUT to tell Nadech, “You’re kind of tense right now. Relax. You’ve won the heart of your n’ek, just be relaxed like you don’t care that other guys look at Ying because you already know she loves you.”
‘Except I don’t know if that’s true in my case,’ Nadech thought, 'and as a matter of fact it bothers me very much that other guys are looking at her.' But he nodded patiently.

Once the two were done for the day, they were packing up their personal items to head to the hotel. Yaya, feeling that once again, she and Nadech had acted alongside each other normally, looked around to find him but saw that he was being ushered away by Wan, their costar. It looked like the guys wanted to go out for a drink.

“Nah, I’m good. I’m feeling low on energy so I’ll just turn in early tonight,” Nadech said to Wan.

“Sure man?”

“Yeah, you and the others go ahead.”

“Later.”

Disappointed that he hadn’t been able to catch up to Yaya before she left, Nadech sighed and returned to the hotel that was near their set location. On the way to the hotel, Nadech heard his name called.

Min Peechaya bounced over to him. “So here you are! What a coincidence! I heard you were all going to Pattaya.” In fact, she had island-hopped until she finally found his crew.

Wary, Nadech asked politely, “Hey Min. are you here to film too?”

“No, I’m visiting a friend.” She hinted at him, tossing her long mane over her shoulder to show off some bare shoulders. “SO are you done for the day? Do you want to go out with me?”

“Uh…” Nadech really wanted to avoid another Matt situation so he replied, “No thanks, I already
promised the guys I’d go with them. And they wanted to go as a guy’s group only,” he quickly added. Seeing her eye his bag, he explained, “I was just going to drop off my stuff first.”

Sniffing, Min said, “I guess it can’t be helped. I’ll see you tomorrow then.” She waved to him.
Once she’d gone, Nadech looked up the hotel stairs and saw Yaya standing there. Their eyes met, but when he moved to approach her, she turned on her heel and walked briskly inside. Nadech paused and wondered, “Was she waiting for me?’ A thought which raised his spirits.

-------------
Yaya opened her eyes to greet the rising sun surrounded by the brilliant sky. She was walking along the shore, taking advantage of one of the few times she was able to see the sunrise. She wasn’t much of a morning person, but she hadn’t been able to get a particularly good sleep. For some reason, she had dreamed of Nadech and both Min and Matt were there, all glamorous, while he decided which one he would like to be with. Reporters and news writers were everywhere and cameras blinded Yaya where she was standing on the edge of the ring surrounding Nadech and the two women. She’d woken up before he made his decision and had been too restless to stay in bed.

“Yaya.”

Yaya thought she imagined it but someone really had called her name. Looking over her shoulder, Nadech strode into view. The wind played in his hair and his eyes were set on her.

Perhaps because she resented that he was the reason she had lost her sleep, Yaya was not able to bid him hello in the pleasant fashion she’d intended last night. Instead, once he was in front of her, she said, “You’re up early. I thought you would have spent the whole night with your female friends.”

Taken aback by her patronizing tone, Nadech asked, “What female friends?”

“Don’t pretend you don’t have any. You’re always around them.”

“What about you?” He shot back. “You’re always so friendly with guys. What was that yesterday when you let Chawanop kiss you?”

She narrowed her eyes at him. “That was acting.”

“It wasn’t in the script.”

“You act out of script all the time. Do you think you’re the only one who is talented enough for that?”

“But I don’t do anything intimate when it’s unnecessary.”

“When we act, we have to use a lot of emotion, but that doesn’t mean we personally feel the same way. I thought you were familiar with that?”

He scoffed. “So that was just emotion on overdrive? Don’t tell me that’s also the reason you kissed me when we were in the closet.”

Yaya gaped. “I thought we agreed that that was an accident. It wasn’t mutual feelings, nor did it mean anything. It—it didn’t count!”

"But then you mean that your feelings were mutual with Chawanop because you let him kiss you?"

"Argh, didn't I just say that was just ACTING?"

"Well how can you be so sure what is acting and what is real? How can you be sure what the two of us do isn't real?"

Yaya was aghast that he would consider such a thing. "But of course when we both are onscreen it's just acting. I know my profession well and I can tell you that what you and I did in the past is not real. And what happened in the storage room didn't count!" she repeated harshly.

Infuriated that she would consider that moment as so insignificant when he hadn't been able to stop thinking, dreaming or sensing the memory of her soft touch, Nadech seized her upper arms, ignoring her demand to let go. “You’re right. All of that in the past, all the onscreen moments and in the closet didn’t count. But this one will.” Nadech then took possession of her lips.

She pulled away momentarily to yell, “P’Nadech, what are you—“

He cupped the back of her head and pulled her into his embrace, silencing her once more with a scorching kiss, one that definitely didn’t need the approval of any director. It was real.

Yaya’s struggles grew weaker as his kiss deepened into something she had never felt before. It was like his soul was searching for her’s, and their lips made up the delicious place of appointment. When she felt his arm tighten around her waist, Yaya pushed him away, reeling her mind back to earth.

Breathless and barely able to stand, she stumbled backwards so that Nadech lurched forward to hold her. “Let go!”

“Yaya—“

“What was that? Why did you do that?” She clenched his shirt in her fist.

Forcing his breathing to steady, Nadech spoke in a hard tone. “My emotions made me. And they were real feelings. And unless I’m mistaken, so were yours.”

The way his dark eyes seemed to read her mind made her fear that if he was to kiss her again she wouldn’t be able to stop him. Her heart racing under his intense scrutiny, Yaya shoved him in the chest and then slapped him.

“Nadech! Yaya!” Aum was jogging up towards them, waving.

Yaya threw Nadech a glare before stomping away in the sand.

“Nadech!”

Nadech blinked hard and stopped himself from going after Yaya. She wouldn’t want to see or hear him now. Aum looked in the direction Yaya had fled and began questioning. “What’s going on? You guys looked like you were fighting. Is everything ok? Oooh,” he looked closer at the red mark on Nadech’s face. “Tough love huh?”

Nadech lifted his face to the sky. “If I walk into the sea right now, promise me you’ll let me drown.”

“That bad? What happened?”

-----------
Yaya arranged her face to betray no feelings.

“We’re going out shopping tomorrow. Wanna come with?” Jean asked on her way out.

“No thanks.” Yaya lay down on her bed.

“Ok. See you later. Geeze, I need to stock up on sunblock.”

The door clicked shut. A second later, there was a knock. Dragging herself up, Yaya went to answer the door.

“Surprise!” Margie and Mint jumped in with a hug for her. Yaya watched as Margie said, “Thought we’d visit since we’re having a photoshoot. AND we’re just a couple doors down from you! So what’s happening? Anything exciting going on? How was filming?”

“Margie,” Mint nudged her and motioned towards the still Yaya.

“Wait, what’s wrong?” Margie grew concerned since Yaya seemed like her mind had flown away.

Mind then asked, “Did something happen? Uh, is it Nadech?”

At the mention of his name, Yaya uttered, “That jerk.” Burning tears pooled her eyes, as painful as was the sweetness of Nadech’s kiss, and she walked into her friends’ arms, soaking them with her tears.

I added in that slap as an afterthought. Let me know what you think lol. I didn't think the poor guy needed physical show of anger, but hey, that's nothing compared to the emotional craze he's had to go through already. And I do love me some :slapandkissse3:
Instead of writer's block, I need a cure for homework's block. I seriously have no motivation or energy to think for my latest assignments. This is bad.
On the other hand CONGRATULATIONS TO YADECH FOR WINNING TOP AWARDS NEWCOMER ACTOR/ACTRESS!!! :dance1:
What can we say, those two deserve it! And do I have to mention what a gorgeous pair they made at the awards!? I cannot wait for GRPGR!
I appreciate the comments!

jjinxx

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
Oh. My. Gosh. :heart:

You are good, Jjinxx! Is this at YADECH? If not, it needs to be. :bravo: You are a really talented writer. Amazing actually. I saw the quote from the last chapter on your siggy and found this gem. I had no idea this was in the works. This is an excellent read, my dear Jjinxx. Thank you for sharing this with us. Ceci, will flip for this story.

I love your characters and dialogue and word choices. You know what is funny? I was thinking of a story like this for Nadech and Yaya, but I could not have done YADECH justice the way you have. WOW. I absolutely am in love with this whole concept and idea. Thank you!

More please, Jjinxx!!! :wub:

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
I had to share this over at Yadech!!! Is that okay? If not I can delete the thread over there. Please let me know!

I LOVE THIS! THANK YOU, JJINXXY!

jjinxx

No update yet! lol just wanted to reassure Dal that it's fine and thanks for posting it over at Yadech for me, i hope the others will enjoy it there too!

thanks for the comments!

jjinxx

Chapter 12

Aum had treated to Nadech to a very strong cup of coffee with whipped cream on top. Normally coffee gives people more energy, but Nadech was already the type of person who possessed so much vitality that coffee had an almost opposite effect and just seemed to calm him down. They were nearing the JHJ set, located inside a restaurant beside the beach. Before they two could enter, they heard voices from behind them.

“P’Gie! We have to go back, it’s nearly time to begin the shoot.”

“I can’t sit still any longer. They can wait a minute or two for us and we have all of tomorrow too…”

The men saw Margie marching in their direction with Mint on her heels, looking anxious, while Margie’s face was set in death mode. She came to a stop in front of Nadech.

“What did you do to my friend?”

“P’Gie, let’s go.” Mint tried to soothe her.

Nadech could tell the two had rushed off in a hurry. The flower in Margie’s hair was hanging limp by her ear and Mint was still trying to adjust her sandal. “Hey you two,” he greeted dully.

“Don’t ‘hey you two’ to us,” Margie imitated in disdain. “You made Yaya cry. What did you do?”

Nadech’s face wen’t from grim to alarm. “She’s crying?”

“I bet her room is flooded from it already!” Margie waved her arms frantically.

“I think she just needs some time to sort out her feelings,” Aum inputted.

“Don’t let me find out you put some weird ideas into Nadech’s head,” Margie rounded on Aum. “Perhaps you’re right, but I’m pretty sure her feeling right now is misery!”

Nadech looked from her to Mint, whose lips were pursed and she nodded. “I kind of…I guess you could say I expressed my feelings to her? In a way,” he ended uneasily in a low voice, lowering his eyes to the ground as if looking for a very interesting grain of sand.

Margie’s and Mint’s jaws dropped and they turned to each other. Mint whipped out her cell phone and began to dial.

“Who are you calling?”

“Kim. She wants triple updates on you guys.”

“Hueey!” Nadech exclaimed, “You’re going to spread this around already?”

“Hm, you’re right.” Margie stopped Mint from proceeding. “We need the full details first. What did you say exactly? How did you confess?”

“And what do you mean, you confessed ‘in a way’?” Mint inquired, perplexed.

Nadech rubbed the back of his neck, avoiding their eyes. They no longer looked bent on punishing him, but he was still cautious. “Uh…I just…I don’t remember exactly, but I wouldn't call it a confession. It... didn’t have too many words.” He glanced at Aum for help.

“Wait,” Mint crinkled her brow, “although it’s great to hear that you confess—“

“Sort of,” Nadech corrected.

“Right. But why would it make Yaya cry so much?”

“Yeah…”

Aum cut in before Margie could terrorize Nadech. “Like I said, she’s just confused about herself.”

“OH, and you would know?” Margie challenged him.

Aum went over and slung an arm over her shoulder. “Don’t you two have somewhere to be? Why are you being so nosy? Trust me, once Yaya’s emotions are stable, she’ll be ready to tell us.”

“But she kept crying…”

Aum forced Margie away and continued making up explanations.

“Mint, wait.” Nadech asked worriedly, “Was she really that upset?”

Mint frowned and nodded. “I don’t know what happened between you two, but I hope nothing else occurs to disturb her further. But I know you Nadech.” She had on a very serious face, one that they rarely saw on her cheerful self. “I’m giving you a chance because I believe that to be as sad as she was over you, that means you are very significant to her and might be able to make her happy too. Don’t disappoint us.”

Nadech watched her go. He curled his hands into fists. This was not the time to be depressed or give up. He’d gone too far to turn back and now he really saw that his friends were even backing him up. Holding up his head, Nadech headed in the direction of the hotel.

-------------
Yaya wondered if Jean had forgotten something when she went to open the door. She froze when the door revealed Nadech. Looking left and right, Nadech quickly slipped inside and shut the door. Recovering from her surprise, Yaya demanded, “What are you doing in here? I didn’t invite you in.”

Nadech’s heart grew heavy. She really had cried a lot. He reached his fingers up to Yaya’s red eyes. The coolness of his fingertips and the way they brushed gently against her made Yaya’s breath catch.

“What are you doing?”

What he wanted to do was wrap his arms around her and hold her for a long time. But he knew she wouldn’t react well to that at the moment. “I’m sorry for making you distressed.”

Stepping away before his touch could soften her too much, Yaya crossed her arms. “Who told you I’m distressed?”

“Margie and Mint.”

She pursed her lips. Of course they would go tell Nadech. “I was temporarily in shock that one of my friends ki…” she stopped.

“So you still consider me as just a friend?” he asked, and she heard skepticism in his voice.

Lifting her chin, Yaya replied, “Of course. What else are you?”

“But things are different now, because you’ve been on my mind a lot for a long time.”

Her hard eyes wavered, seeing him say this without a trace of humor. “Why are you saying this? I can’t…can’t understand your actions anymore.”

Bracing himself for her response, Nadech took a deep breath. “Yaya, I—“

A loud ringtone cut in. Taking advantage of this, Yaya snatched up her phone and answered it. “Oh mom, hi! No, I’m not busy at all, I can talk to you…”

She started pushing Nadech towards the door and made him get out. Still babbling, she ignored his protests and shut the door on him.

“Yaya?” Kim asked. “What are you saying about mom?”

Yaya sighed. “Nothing. Sorry, I had to find an excuse to get him out.”

“Who? Nadech?” Kim guessed instantly, much to her friend’s ire. “Oh my gosh, what’s going on?”

Yaya had been too overwhelmed to tell Mint and Margie what had happened but now she spilled it out to Kim. She needed someone’s reassurance.

“Yaya,” Kim said slowly, “Nadech likes you.”

She shook her head. “But that doesn’t make any sense.”

Kim laughed softly. “What do you mean? What else can he mean by saying all those jealous words and then kissing you? I don’t understand why it’s hard for you to believe. Or is it that you don’t like him back so you don’t know how to tell him?”

Yaya bit her lip.

Kim continued sternly, “Yaya, don’t try to escape my question. Answer me honestly. Do you not like Nadech? Is denial your way of rejecting him?”

“That’s silly.”

“So then…?”

“…Well, it’s like you guys said, who doesn’t like Nadech?”

“You’re avoiding it again. Everyone likes Nadech, but not in the same way that he likes you.”

Yaya just couldn’t fathom how everything had led up to this. She wasn’t the type of person who fell in love on the spur of the moment, and Nadech’s actions, though illustrating that he did indeed have feelings for her, were just too sudden for her to comprehend or know how she should react.

“You shouldn’t be trying to decide what to do the way you pick out clothes. This is matters of the heart which has no structure and no fashion. What do you feel for him?”

-------------
“…heard the fun and interesting news that the renowned actress Matt Peeranee went to visit Nadech onset of hi lakorn. She brought food for the cast and everyone also! She has gone twice already.”
“Looks like she knows her way to a man’s heart! Food is at the top of the list to win over guys.”
“Good luck to Matt. Nadech is infamous for his strict work ethic. Though he has had rumors with female stars it always comes out in the end that he doesn’t have interest in dating them.”
“We’ll wait to see how things go. Khun Matt is giving him a lot of attention like this, he must feel happy…”

Margie gave the radio a reproachful look and turned it to music. “Someone is already after Nadech!”

“And it’s not just anyone. Matt has clearly had her eyes on Nadech for a while now,” Mint said.

Margie crossed her arms in a stubborn fashion. “That stupid Nadech keeps getting rumors like this, no wonder Yaya is hesitant to respond to him. Mint, you and I need to make sure no pesky people can make Yaya lose confidence in him. Nadech is too nice, that’s why women always cling to him.”

“Ok,” Mint agreed.

“Come on girls. You’re doing a great job! We’ll move to the shore for the next batch of photos.”

The girls made final fixings of their sarongs and bathing suits, stepping out into the sun.

-------------
Mint and Margie had invited Yaya to stay with them so Yaya woke up the next morning in their room. They had already left for their photoshoot again and had a not for her saying they missed her and would come back in time to help her get ready for the party.

“You guys, I don’t need anything fancy,” Yaya told her friends when they offered to help her pick an outfit for the party.

“Are you sure you don’t want to stay?” Mint wondered if Yaya was ready to face Nadech.

Yaya looked up. “I think…if he has something he wants to say to me, I’m willing to hear it now and be…able to answer him.”

Mint and Margie exchanged hopeful looks at Yaya’s calmness. Was Yaya finally going to admit her own heart?

After she’d told them her story, the two were torn between being ecstatic that Nadech finally took some action, while also sympathizing with Yaya because the poor girl was having to handle such big news. Although Margie had been exasperated that it had taken this long for something to happen.

They let Jean in when she came over. “Bad news. Director canceled the party.”

“That sucks.”

“Yeah, she said it’d be better to just hold on until after the lakorn starts airing. Anyways, she wants to see you Yaya.”

“Oh, ok.”

“We’ll tag along,” Margie suggested. “I haven’t had time to talk to Director Fa in a while.”

-------------
When the ladies arrived, they saw that Nadech and Aum were also in the room with Director. She wore an air of business around her and said, “Have a seat ladies.” Turning to all of them, she held up a newspaper. “There’s been some news in the gossip column. Normally, I don’t care about these news, but this time it caught my attention.” She handed the news over to Yaya.

Headline: Famous Kookwan Break Up
The two stars playing the popular love story Jao Hua Jai in this year’s lakorn, Yaya Urassaya and Nadech Barry, escaped to the romantic island Phuket for filming. One would imagine that this would help their relationship flourish beyond what they repeatedly call ‘friendship’. However, on the second say, a source staying on the island reported that they witnessed the dara couple together in the early morning. The couple was described as looking in dispute and our source says he turned around in time to see Yaya slap Nadech. It is well known that rumors have always circulated around Nadech and Yaya. Now, we have some proof that the two may have indeed been dating and are possibly on the brink of breaking up. Speculation of the cause of their crumbling relationship includes the recent gossip suspecting Nadech is dating Matt Peeranee. Perhaps the rumors concerning Matt and Alex have come between Yaya and Nadech. Regardless, fans will surely be disappointed that this beloved couple seems to be facing unsteadiness in their love, and especially that their public behavior displayed such negative emotions. With such a widespread fanclub, the effect this news will have on the couple doesn't look too good. Their lakorn might even face…(cont. page 3B)

Hey there YADECH lovers! A small update for you! Oh my gosh, Yadech caught in the act! *gasp* Seems like a downhill from here...maybe.

It's freezing here, but Yadech just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy lol
lol I'm still recovering from the hyperventilation after hearing the fitting is set for the 17th!!!!! woot woot! :cheer:

jjinxx

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
Whoa! I wonder what the director is going to propose to Nadech and Yaya since their lakorn will be airing soon.

Thank you, Jjinxxy!

imaginarygur

sarNie Adult
hmm.. what will happen next since yaya and nadech action's been misunderstood.. what will the director say? haha... can't wait for more..

jjinxx

Chapter 13

Accompanying the article and blown up in size were two pictures of a man and woman. Neither pictures were very clear but fans would definitely be able to recognize the man as Nadech and the woman as Yaya. In the first one, the man had his back to the camera. In the second, the woman was turned away from him. There was nothing obvious to let anyone know what might have happened, yet when paired with the article, readers would use their imagination enough to play out the scene any way they wanted.

Yaya barely noticed Margie take the paper out of her hands and read more closely.

“This is outrageous! How could a person have come so near to them?”

“Let’s see,” Aum held his hand out for it.

Yaya shot out of her chair and exited swiftly. Mint and Margie followed. The door swung back open and Nadech’s manager, Grate, entered. He paid Nadech an austere look like that of a father about to scold his mischievous son.

Nadech read the paper with Aum and when he finished, he buried his face in his hands.

“It’s nothing new that they made rumors about you guys. But you do realize this is highly negative and could possibly snowball into something else? A rumor may last only seventy two days, but in those seventy two days, the image viewers have of you can be permanently damaged. Also, with this lakorn coming up, I’d be very disappointed if all our work is affected due to this news.” Director sighed. “I won’t ask you too many questions and I’m not blaming you. For now, I just wanted to make you aware of this situation. I need your word that if we are able to come up with anything to salvage the situation, you’ll agree to do as I and producer Ma say.”

Nadech nodded vigorously. “I’ll do whatever it takes.” He was less concerned for the lakorn than he was about how this might affect Yaya.

“Discuss this with nong Grate. I have to get back to work, and you should prepare to return to Bangkok later.”

Aum stood up,“Director, I’ll speak up for them too. I was there that morning with the two.”

Director’s eyes lit up the slightest bit. “I’m grateful for your help. Excuse me.”

Grate took a seat opposite Nadech.

“P’Grate, how is everything?”

“I’ve bought out two of the other main newspapers, but there is no way we can prevent this from spreading, especially on the internet. I’ve checked all other sources—only those two photos exist and they were taken from a cell phone. Thankfully, there weren’t any that showed more dramatic scenes than this.” He looked grimly dissatisfied. “But Director Fa is right. People will just be more and more creative with this story. Some might say you two had a physical fight or that you did something bad to Yaya.”

Nadech swallowed hard, feeling guilty.

“I can vouch for them,” Aum assured. “I know for sure that some of the hotel staff saw me leave that morning so no one can deny that I was with Nadech and Yaya. It doesn’t matter that I’m not in the pictures.”

“It must have been a hotel worker or someone close around here, since this area was specifically belted off for private use to special clients. I’m sorry Aum, but we’ll have to trouble you in the future. Their alibi will need you as a witness.”

“No problem. I’m willing to help them out.” Aum hated to see the innocence of his friends attacked. The entertainment industry was relentless in interfering with its patrons; he knew that, even though he was encouraging Nadech to be with Yaya.

“Before I plan further actions, I need an honest answer from you Nadech. Is there something going on between you and Yaya?”

“No,” was his immediate reply.

Grate scrutinized Nadech thoroughly with piercing eyes. It wasn’t hard to judge that Nadech wasn’t lying and Grate had come to know Nadech well, so he expected this to be the truth. What he didn’t expect was the way Nadech’s truthful answer came out with a touch of disappointment. Grate’s suspicion blossomed; yet, why was he not surprised that Nadech might indeed like Yaya?

-------------
“Yaya, we have to go back and talk this through!”

“What’s the point?”

“I know it sounds bad, but it’s still only a rumor.”

“It’s a pretty darn big rumor.”

“But there’s nothing going on between you two so this isn’t going to last. You’ll just deal with it the way we always have.”

“But even if the rumor is false, I…” Yaya vented incoherently into her hands.

“What did you just say?” Mint didn’t dare believe what she thought she’d heard. “Repeat!”

“I want part of it to be true,” Yaya mumbled in a tortured tone.

“The part about you being together?!” Margie squealed.

Mint nudged her. “Obviously. Why would she want the 'break up' anyway?”

“Right, because that’s impossible since they’re not together.”

“Yet,” the two friends pointed at each other in elation. Seeing the agony on Yaya’s face settled them down.

“How am I supposed to continue denying all of this when my heart becomes so lively just thinking about him? The problem isn’t the stupid news gossip. The problem is knowing I put him in this situation in the first place because I was…”

“Jealous?” Mint finished for her.

“He probably hates me,” she groaned and shook her head furiously. “I can’t believe this! No. This isn’t going to work.”

“You mean you’re not going to tell him?” Margie gasped.

“Are you insane? Tell Nadech that I like him only minutes after my brain figured it out and right after a rumor surfaces that we supposedly broke up, AND I slapped him, and oh my gosh why am I talking so loud?!” Yaya covered her face.

“Get her!” Mint and Margie steered Yaya away from the pulsing shore.

“Ok, calm down. I agree, now is not the most romantic time to confess to him.”

“Nor will there ever be! Don’t you see the mess we’re already in? Argh, damn that boy! How many years have we been friends and now I’m just going to ruin everything with this freakish crush!”

“What are you talking about, he likes you too,” Margie said in exasperation. “He kissed you didn’t he?”

“That…was just over-emotion…”

“Are you kidding me?” Margie gaped incredulously, especially at the way Yaya seemed completely convinced by such a lame excuse.

“That’s what it was.”

“Oh hell no, do you need me to haul that Nadech here and force him to say it to you in plain Thai because I will, and I will not be gentle.”

“P’Gie don’t you dare,” Yaya warned.

“Would you prefer English?” It was like Nadech was a language remote.

“I don’t want to see his face right now.”

“But you have to work together to get through this,” Mint reasoned.

“Then that’s what we’ll do, we’ll work,” Yaya declared, ferociously determined.

Her friends knew she wasn’t going to be persuaded any time soon.

“I just know you’re going to start missing him soon,” Margie grimaced.

“Shh…Give her a break,” Mint said, texting with lightning speed to Kim while Margie pat Yaya’s back soothingly.

-------------
It had been a feat getting the JHJ crew back to Bangkok. The group had to travel separately. Reporters and cameramen waited in ambush at the airports and outside the company. Possibly the only ones whose ferocity overpowered the reporters were the die-hard fans in the crowd, fighting and shoving to call out “We love YADECH!” and “Yaya and Nadech can’t break up!” and holding their “YADECH 4EVER” signs over their heads, because some really did believe that Yadech were dating.

Nadech and Grate emerged from the Big Boss’ office.

“Hm, he didn’t seem too upset. Just told us to make sure the lakorn wasn’t affected. I can understand why, that was a pretty high budget drama.” Grate led them to a meeting room. Director Fa was directly in charge of the drama, so she volunteered to work with them in settling down the gossip.

“We’ll wait for everyone to get here.”

Yaya entered with her manager, who said to Director, “I’m really sorry, but I have a meeting and then I’m seeing Chen about what we discussed earlier. I’ll see you later. Yaya, listen to Director.”

“Ka.”

Her manager nodded to Nadech and Grate and left.

Nadech stole a glance at Yaya. Her face was set in a strict business-like manner.

“Alright, I’ve had people working on the reaction of the news. So far, we haven’t detected a threat.” She didn’t tell them that in fact, most of the fans had grown more support than ever, bashing the newspapers and declaring devotion to the couple in front of her right now. “Nadech will be at the fan signing and Yaya, you already have the talk show scheduled with Aum tomorrow. Regarding the incident in Phuket, the story we’ve come up with is that you two were with me and I was scouting out the area for a scene in the lakorn. There’s no need to prove I was there, especially since Aum really was there but he isn’t in the pictures—which are pretty poor quality in the first place.”

“But everyone knows the two of us had only one day of filming there.”

“I’ll say I was secretly planning a honeymoon for Ying and Rak.”

“That wouldn’t be too bad,” Nadech mumbled. Grate shot him a ‘be quiet’ look, making him sink down in his chair a little. Yaya’s mouth twitched in amusement, despite herself.

“It would simplify the rumors, but we can’t actually go through with it since Yaya needs to start her Other Lakorn and I don’t want to add mediocre script to JHJ just on the spur of the moment,” Director said like she was protecting a precious child of hers.

“Also, you’ve been approved for an upcoming lakorn, Nadech. We figured the sooner you start working with others, the sooner it’ll distract the media’s attention. But,” Grate went on, “we can’t make it too obvious that you guys are being separated. So you’ll be in projects together still.

Nadech could tell Yaya wasn’t pleased to hear this. His heart sunk deep in his chest.

“What projects?” she asked.

“You’ve just become the new spokesperson for CentralWorld’s joint collection. It’ll include a variety of brands, with a focus on the recently added apparel departments like Levi’s.”

“What?”

“It’ll be announced in two weeks.”

“Wait—“

“First photoshoot will be in a week.”

“Hold on—“

Yaya tried to ask Grate more questions but he said, “C’mon Nadech, let’s go meet your next costar.”

“Could I just have a minute—“

“Now.” Grate dragged him out by the collar.

-------------
Yaya couldn’t believe this. The modeling of CentralWorld’s joint collection was a big project that lasted the whole year! It included collaborations of the most popular brand name apparel. How in the world was she going to avoid Nadech if they had to model together for a year?

“Jai yin yin. You are Yaya Urassaya, you do not let feelings get in the way of professionalism.”

“Preparing yourself for your next project?” Kim appeared out of nowhere.

“Kiiiiiim!” Yaya immediately dropped the meditation and pouted at Kim.

“Can’t do nothing about it. You know, you’re more hot-tempered than I thought.”

“Please don’t remind me.”

“Oh come on. Aren’t his actions already obvious?”

“Well…But he hasn’t said a single word to me since then. What if he’s mad at me?”

“Yaya ka.”

The girls looked up. Kim’s face blanked at Matt. “Yes?”

“I was just going to say how interesting the recent news has been.” She chuckled. “After all, none of it is true. I say, take this advantage to use these rumors to raise the ratings of your lakorn.”

“She doesn’t need to rely on that kind of cheap method,” Kim stated hostilely.

“Well whatever the case, you’ll have to play along with it because it was Producer Ma’s statement. Also, if you don’t want to hurt Nadech’s career, you won’t do anything more to cause drama. Isn’t that right?” Matt sauntered out arrogantly.

“She’s right,” Yaya said.

Kim glared at the door. She knew Matt had said all of that on purpose to make Yaya distance herself from Nadech.

OMG. Fitting for GRPGR next week!!!!! :dance1:

jjinxx

imaginarygur

sarNie Adult
awww... yaya should really confess her true feelings.. feel so sad seeing nadech and yaya struggling with it...

update soon please.. =D

chubbycheeks

imma kick ur-ass-aya !
yaya is so cute! she's afraid of ruining his image and thinks he's mad at her for slapping him. these two love birds should just confess already ^^