General Vang Pao Arrested????

fwekles

sarNie Egg
all i have to say is that if it wasnt for general vang pao....we, the hmong generation in america, would not be sitting at home right now and be using this internet, we would right now be trying to survive in the jungles or live in the refugee camps in thailand....but thanks to general vang pao we are where we are today...so please just come together and support him..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ijohn

sarNie Adult
---i wonder if my friend was providing intel on this---lol---oh well if he was hope he got paid this time---lol

natty

Chubs
exactly ceda.. and i just dont get how some people can not know a person's true intentions when they bought bombs, missiles, gernade launchers, ammunitions, guns, explosives, mines, war weapons and been begging and demanding the american government to fight for laos with them.... did you think he was taking his boyscouts on a picnic?

and just because a white person supported him doesnt mean it's good? i mean didnt the white guy support the war in iraq? the bombing of 9/11.. so are those right?

and i just dont get the "if we dont support our leader who will, i dont mean support his plan, but for helping them with the current situation".. i'm sorry.. i got confuse and lost on that.. how can you support your leader and help with the current situation but not support his plan? either you do or you dont... unless you're in the military then that's total loyalty.. explanation would be helpful thanks..

the overall situations boggles down to the plan.. you just cant see one and ignore the other..

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
To me...it's like what I say to my friends...

"There are some things you do that I strongly disagree with, but whatever decision you make, what makes you happy, I will support you."

I say this to a lot of my good friends...it's like you can't make decisions for them...you can give them advice, but whether they take it or not...that's all on them...so if you're a good friend then...just hope for the best!

So, YES, I believe you can support someone without supporting their plans or what theydo...sounds confusing huh???

Another reason I don't support their decision is because...haven't they seen enough killing??? It's not gonna solve the problem...again, I am very sad that this went down...but I hope something better comes out of it...sometimes, we have to sacrifice somethings to get better things...

natty

Chubs
oh ok get it now.. that's sorta different..

i ask.. can you send a guy money or give him weapons to kill just because you support him even though you dont believe he should go do that? isnt that called aiding and abedding?

moral support is ok tho... but i do hear about those who say they dont support the plan but yet they're willing to send money for support cus they support the leader..

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
"those who say they dont support the plan but yet they're willing to send money for support cus they support the leader.."

Now, isn't it weird...I think only we can understand it if it's us.

if-only

sarNie Hatchling
that makes us next to the koreans next to the middle eastern asian... sigh*** now they gonna start hating on us next....

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
oh my god this is scary...I am speechless, I don't wanna say anything right now cause I don't know for sure what's what...
but this is so scary...

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
This reminds me of 'Curse of the Golden Flower.' Well, I think General Vang Pao and his crew is aware that overthrowing a government at this day and age is quite impossible especially with the Hmong population being the minority in Laos but things have escalated to this point. The UN has done nothing about the genocide of the Hmong population in Laos and I read that the mission of Hmong Americans who marched to the White House failed because the US government did not keep their part of the bargain. General Vang Pao has the urge to deliver his people from the genocide that the world is not responding to. But when you attempt to help the people, the Hmongs, the Laotian government is killing, that is considered going against the government, overthrowing you could say. The question is, if your own people, Thai, Chinese, Laotian, and even Americans, whichever race you are, were in a foreign land being killed, would you have the urge to go against that government and save those lives? I would think so. I think there's some confusion, overthrowing a government, doesn't imply taking over it. Overthrowing could possibly mean, getting rid of the current regime, old ways, and establishing new ones. I'm sure, if General Vang Pao is a General, he's smarter than that to figure it out that such a small minority of Hmongs cannot possibly regulate Laos but I guess, the killings have exceeded their time and something needs to be done. Of course, the plot against the Laotian government is quite impossible to accomplish but the Hmong people have always flee, it's about time they defend themselves even if that means dying because the Hmong people in Laos doesn't have much to risk anyway. The Hmong people in Laos are being hunted, killed, harassed, on a daily basis, who would wish to continue a life like that? Of course, stepping up on the front lines to defend oneself would sound way better than to wait for death.

Just from history, Koreans killing Koreans, Chinese killing Chinese, Laotians killing Laotians and so forth, it would nearly be impossible for the Hmongs in those countries to live peacefully when they're Hmongs and not Laotians. Why would the Laotian government have mercy upon them? And especially when Laos is a communist country.

It goes deeper than the 'overthrowing' portion.

Ceda_lee: Yup, the US will only help those who have political ties to this country. Why should the US help the Hmong people in Laos from genocide when the Hmong people residing in America doesn't even make up half of a percent in the US? I'm sure, if it were Blacks or Mexicans being killed in other countries, the US will intervene because the population of Blacks and Mexicans are large enough to shake things up in this country.

babe_girl

sarNie Adult
i don't really get it, but General Vang Pao was arrested because he and the others wanted to overthrow the Lao's government?

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
i don't really care about the man. i only care about the Hmong name. he's a murder to me. he has assisinated many hmong leaders. he killed them for his own greeds to be a leader. We lost some good leaders, who had potentials to lead Hmong people because of this man. now he did the same thing...only this time he got caught. Not only me, I think a lot of people see him as a murder. He wanted power too much. His days as a leader was over a long time ago...he should realize that.

There are some good Hmong leaders out there...just not GP. He only did for himself. For all his crimes he had committed, he deserved to be in jail.

slee00

sarNie Adult
i don't really get it, but General Vang Pao was arrested because he and the others wanted to overthrow the Lao's government?

Yes Babe girl...he and his crews were planning to overthrow that laotian government in Laos.... Sad though...And I agreed that his military power was over a long time ago...now that we are in the US we should concentrate on a better and successful life in the US....He know for a certain that him and many of his longtime war buddies still believe they can still take back Laos...but the thing is Laos was never ours to take back...Laos has its owners....

I am grateful that he helped Hmong people to get in the US...but should that be our final place? I am sure many older Hmong folks still dream of living in Laos but how many of our younger generation would actually survive in Laos? No we love the new country too much~!

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
oh my gosh.............. i don't think general vang pao is not that stupid to be arrested by americans........ i think he's doing this, because of something..............?????????? well don't need to worry....he will never get in jail!!!!!!!!!!!!.......................
B) :)

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
I'M SHOCKED!!! i read this in THE SACBEE (NEWSPAPER) TODAY..

THEY ARE RETARDED!!!!!!! WHY DID THEY DO THAT?

LAOS WAS NEVER OUR COUNTRY & IT WILL NEVER BE...WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?????? WHY WHY WHY?!!!???

I UNDERSTAND OUR HMONG PEOPLE ARE GETTING KILLED.. BUT THIS IS NOT THE ONLY WAY TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM..

--- I THINK GEN. VANG & THE GUYS ARE GONNA GET IN JAIL... OH WELL..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kuao2xQI2hs

champthong

sarNie Hatchling
all i have to say is that if it wasnt for general vang pao....we, the hmong generation in america, would not be sitting at home right now and be using this internet, we would right now be trying to survive in the jungles or live in the refugee camps in thailand....but thanks to general vang pao we are where we are today...so please just come together and support him..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets take in different perspective, do you really think that Vang Pao actually help the Hmong people? Have you ever think about if it wasn't for Vang Pao Hmong people would not have to fled Laos? Maybe Vang Pao is the cause of all the problems that Hmong people are facing or have to go through...Maybe Vang Pao lies to his people and/or use them to gain his reputation...Vang Pao may be the cause of all the horrible lives that some Hmong people had to face...how can you say to come together and support him? If he did wrong then he should be punish...otherwise there is no point of having rules, etc...