Free Money???

noungning

Heartless
wow was gonna answer ur question, i don't know of the 60 day rule... never heard of it.

but in muddie's case, i don't think anyone ever reported something wrong... or the bank was really crappy because at citizens bank... they'd so hunt u down for everything hahaha

but see i told u... haha it won't take long if that money belongs to someone else...

but like thookie said, u can definitely close the account, take the money and flee... change ur addy, phone and everything haha! and 2k is urs!

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
but like thookie said, u can definitely close the account, take the money and flee... change ur addy, phone and everything haha! and 2k is urs!
damn u, ning. i hear sarcasm in that response...especially the "change ur addy, phone and everything part". <_< HAHAHA

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
speaking of this ... LOL this happened to me on Friday I had money in my account I didn't know where it came from and i checked online all it said was "Deposit" I was like hmmm I thought about this thread and I told my hubby he was like "Oh i changed my direct deposit to your account and closed down mines ... I was like ohh ok I was about to say hahahah

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
HAHAH is it worth MOVING to get $2000?? LOL
hmmm...for as broke as i am, a BIG maybe. LOL

but by the time i change my name, relocate, and open and close accounts, the money would be gone, in addition to racking up expenses for the new apartment. mmm...yeh it's worth it. LOL

just do it for the thrill, girl!

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Honestly? I'd do the honest thing and tell my bank about it, if it's meant to be it'll be and no one will claim it and you'll get your money back.
I'm not really sure what the bank would do with a that deposit if they don't even know where it was suppose to go to.

Most of us are struggling to make ends meet, especially if you're a college student but that money could've belonged to someone else, someone who could really use the money. I'm not sure what banks do in that case, do they reimburse their customers lost money? If so I wouldn't worry about it too much, if not then it's probably best to say something. If you were in that persons shoes and worked really hard for your money and all of sudden due to error someone else ends up with your hard earn money, how would you feel?

gs

Sexy Back
i made a deposit and after 3 months i notice that they didn't credit it to my account...lucky i always keep the deposit slip...so they credit me the money after they trackdown where the money went...i was so mad in the other hand my brother-in-law notice he had an extra 700 in his account..he withdrew all his money out and close his bank acct. open another one from a different bank...he never pay anything back...

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Nah...Im too scared...and noooo 2000 is not good enough to change address and flee...hahaha if it was 20000 or 2000000.then hella yeah...i be out of the country...hahaha but too bad...gosh i didn't know mistakes like this happend so often until now...that sux...

yeah not long ago (This was before mah incident) mah sister and them went to their bank to check on their Money as well and they said that their 40 K was gone...and that someone had already withdrawn...mah brother in law went bolistic...he took vacation from work and pretty much harrassed the bank until they found his money...!

hahahaha....Man now maybe i regret not takin the money and just closing mah account...

*Wait Nah* Im too scared of getting tracked down and sued!

noungning

Heartless
well money missing from your account... it can be 2 things... mistakenly taken out... or fraudulent charges made from theives. and if it's both, the bank will be responsible for those transactions for me. i've had the latter happen to me earlier this year. hundreds being taken out of my account with purchases i didn't make, the bank paid me back for all of it of course. and good thing i've stopped 1 huge transaction before everything was too late. that huge transaction was just a few days before i went on vacation!

and like the person mentioned above. ALWAYS keep your receipt!!! very important. make sure the correct amount of money was deposited. such as $550 was deposited not $505 or whatever, human error is sooooo high and being cautious is helpful especially with your money! and ALWAYS look at your reciept to see if it went into the right account #.

just something helpful ^_^

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
well, i if it makes you feel any better....i only have $1.34 in my bank account.
I just deposited $98.75 today. so i have like...exactly $100 currently. LOLs.

Anyone want to buy raffle tickets? Prize is a $250 Visa Gift Card. ^_^