family sues myspace

kumpangxruk

sarNie Adult
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23884603/

Quite interesting don't ya think? I don't think MySpace should be held responsible for their daughter's misrepresentation of herself. She's the one that claimed she was 18 AND she's the one that met up with the 19 year old. She's like 14...what the heck. Anyways what do you guys think? Should MySpace be held responsible?

nina07

sarNie Adult
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23884603/

Quite interesting don't ya think? I don't think MySpace should be held responsible for their daughter's misrepresentation of herself. She's the one that claimed she was 18 AND she's the one that met up with the 19 year old. She's like 14...what the heck. Anyways what do you guys think? Should MySpace be held responsible?
haha kumpangxruk your always on top of the news..haha keep it up !! hehe..XD

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
honestly I don't think so lol I mean her parents should be monitoring her internet habits honestly I think parents let things like this happen just so they can attempt to sue large corporations;

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
LOl yeah

ok I know this is going to sound effed up, but it's true. The parents shouldn't blame myspace because their daughter is an idiot. I mean what retard in their right mind would lie about their age and meet a guy on myspace knowing how dangerous it is there is myspace news ALL THE freaking time. Apparently her. Second the parents are stupid to not monitor their child's activities. My sisters are 16 and 15 and I monitor their activities I trust them, but at the same time you never know. I use to let my sisters have their own computer, but since I started seeing more and more bad news I moved the computer to the living room. Even then my sisters rarely use the internet. All I see them on there for is download a few songs do some homework and thats about it, they aren't the easiest kids to get along with, but they know common sense. Something this girl didn't know;

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
I say no. It was the girl's fault for pretending her age. She's stupid enough to even go meet him. you have to be one stupid person to go meet a stranger like that. It's also her parents fault for not even monitoring what the hell she is doing. Now she wants to claim that he's molesting her [i could believe that] but Myspace shouldn't have to pay because it was the girl's stupidity for going. she ought to get slapped. i'm sorry, kids now a days have too many priviledges & they shouldn't be running around like little hoes, spreading their legs, i'm not saying that girl's doing it. But if she was willing to go see him, then she must've wanted something from him. [just my opinion]

nina07

sarNie Adult
LiKE OMG !!! HOW COULD THEY ?? LiKE MYSPACE iS MY JESUS..THEY JUST DONT UNDERSTAND !!! :lmao:

HAHAH...TRYiN' TO ACT LIKE A PREP..HEHE

Liberty

sarNie Adult
No, myspace shouldn't be held responsible. It's a social site for God's sake, it's not their job to babysit and monitor other people's children, especially considering how many members there are.

There are rules and regulations but it only works if people actually follow it and when rules are broken, no one's going to know unless someone reports it.

It's like those damn people who blame voilence on video games and school shooting on Marilyn Manson.

Gah! Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to breed, in fact I think the humane thing to do is to euthanize them.

jeanie

sarNie Adult
That's what happens when you live in sue happy country. Eat a potato chip? Sue Lays! for making me into a fat ass potato couch. Smoke a cig? Sue Marlboro for giving me lung cancer. Spill coffee on yourself? Sue McDonald's for making hot coffee. Imagine that, coffee, that's hot, the horrors! Drink and drive? Sue the bartender/bar for selling me drinks.

This country has lost all sight and concept of personal responsibility. It makes me so mad. I knew that sooner or later myspace was going to get sued, the writing was on the wall with this one. I don't know if it's actually stupid people that's suing though, more likely greedy people who'll do anything for money.

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
its no way myspace fault i love myspave for one reason ''mylove'' haha buh its tha girls fault god anyone wil do anythin for money sad acts

myspace should counter-sue. :rolleyes: waste of time in the lawsuit & oh... the emotional trauma they have to deal w/ due to the lawsuit. :p sure. they might lose some money & time over it, but that'll teach people not to sue unreasonably. good god.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
what about parental negligence, the parents allowing their 14 yr old child to advertise herself play online!?

too much time on their hand...take the easy way out.. & starts suing other ppl (sometime for the most foolish reasons! :rolleyes:

sorry off topic:
iluvnumandoil : your saying of "trying to make a dollar out of 15 cents" remind me of my childhood time..that one song ching chong china...or however that goes lol

If I were myspace I would counter sue the parents and be like "should we sue you the parents for your bad parenting?"
that would crack me up, & businesses like myspace or whatever businesses getting sued unreasonably should counter-sue just to make people think again about suing.

ChenrukNote

Goddess
I don't think they should be held responsible. They have terms of agreements, not like anyone reads them, but its there so..............its funny how people tend to forget the law still applies while they are online.

natty

Chubs
Well here's the thing guys, the family must had got some really bad advice because myspace can actually countersue them back on fraud since the girl lied about her info. There's a case going on right now about a girl who committed suicide because she met someone on myspace. It turns out that the "guy" she met was actually the mother of an estranged friend. The mother created this myspace page to play a trick on the girl. Even though the girl's parent was monitoring her chat in myspace, it was unknown to them that their daughter already got some emotional issue, she was very depressed. They also didn't know it was serious, they thought that it was just some teenage net crush. It wasn't like she was meeting him. Well anyways, when the girl asked to meet the "boy", the mother who pretended to be this boy ended up breaking things off with the girl by telling her that "the world would be a better place without you". So the girl killed herself. When the mother found out, her husband told her to delete the myspace page but of course nothing is fully deleted. The state could not criminally charge the mother but together with myspace, they can charge her with fraud in Los Angeles.