Dilwale‬ 2015

mia07

Introvert
Enjoy to those who are watching.. Will wait for your POVs cause I'm getting mix feelings for this film and BM.

Step

Mrs James Ma
I have not watched this film yet but the reviews are disappointing from today. On 18th fans were excited to see but after watching they say they expected it better. Many loved Varun and Kriti more than SRK-Kajol chemistry :shrug:
SRK known to buy rating for his film's review 1 star = 5 lakhs :p so I will watch it to see how it is

Step

Mrs James Ma
By Subhash Jha (firstpost)
Epic fail vs epic: Dilwale has done Bajirao Mastani a great service
It takes a drought to know the value of water. It takes a kick in the pants to know realize the value of a dignified existence and it takes a Dilwale for us to realize the full potential and impact of Bajirao Mastani.
Just when we thought Shah Rukh’s cinematic caliber could plunge no lower than last year’s Happy New Year, he surprises us with an unhappy Christmas gift. Yes, the battle of the behemoths is finally on us. The box-office verdict is yet not clear. After battling it out in court (and outside), for screens and theatres, both the eagerly awaited films have opened to packed houses across the country and overseas.

Dilwale fades in comparison to Bajirao Mastani.
However, it looks like director Rohit Shetty and his main lead Shah Rukh Khan have come up with the worst film of their careers. Dilwale is shockingly awful film in every detail. It seems to have been constructed extempore out of the rich resources available to the director.
Look at the abundance of talent and moolah available to Shetty: Shah Rukh Khan and SRK’s Red Chillies…and this is the egg, scrambled in stale green chillies, that the director lays? Okay, let’s be honest. No one expected Dilwale to be a masterpiece but neither was it expected to be such a monster-piece, so bereft of merit that it makes Shetty’s earlier collaboration with SRK in Chennai Express look like Mughal-e-Azam.
If Diwale is much worse than one expected, Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Bajirao Mastani (BM) is even better than one expected. Sparkling like a polished diamond, every frame of this magnum opus shows a master craftsman at work. In fact for every aspect of Dilwale that is a let down BM has an added ‘W’ to offer.
I consciously bring an automobile allusion into the picture. Shetty, as we all know, is obsessed with posh cars. But it is Bhansali who has delivered a ‘BMW’ version of a movie. Grand, Oh my gosh, oh so posh!
Dilwale, on the other hand, demonstrates very poor and lazy writing. The story and dialogues seem to have been written extempore with the jokes taken out of Shetty’s WhatsApp content and SantaBanta text messages. It is the artificially-grown product of affluence and arrogance were a superstar, just voted the richest entertainer in India by Forbes, and a superstar director have decided to come together and ‘show them’.

'Unko dikha denge' (We'll show them), is a term stars and filmmakers often use about their rivals. Dilwale is clearly one of those misguided products that are meant to display their makers’ muscle power. There is no effort to take the cinema of Shetty and SRK forward in any way. Shah Rukh had said in an interview that his film was for the masses while BM was more ‘niche’.
Well, there are the niche products and the neech harkatein (lowdown deeds) masquerading as mass entertainment. When you have Shah Rukh Khan you don’t need to labour over other aspects of your film—or so Shetty’s film screams from every misguided moment of evanescent entertainment.
Dilwale displays the highhanded over-confidence of a team that believes it is insurmountably infallible. Cut away from reality , the makers plunge into a can-do-no-wrong escapade that goes horribly haywire with every passing sequence. Extravagance is seen as a substitute for intelligent storytelling. Every luxury car that Shetty blows up (think of how many villages of undernourished children that car could have fed) is like a pounding rebuff to the basic ground-rules of good cinema, namely an elaborate script and good intentions.
Thankfully the year also ends with
 Bajirao Mastani, which in every vital detail, is in direct contrast to Dilwale.

The writing in BM is precise lucid and virile. The action scenes, so far considered Shetty’s forte, are done in BM with a flair and finesse that Hollywood would envy.
Everything in BM feels beautiful and I don’t mean that in just the physical sense.You come away from the film elated and enriched. Dilwale, on the other hand, leaves you feeling poorer, cheated, betrayed. This is King Khan. He can’t do this to us!
The makers of BM should thank the Dilwale team for putting their product together in same line of vision. If it wasn’t for the comparative source material we may have not have known what Sanjay Leela Bhansali has given us.
A reason to believe Indian cinema has a bright future. Har Har Mahadev!

Step

Mrs James Ma
I felt bad for Kajol. Fans talking about SRK, Varun, Kriti, actions but not Kajol :shrug: I hope she does not accept her husband's movie :p

Step

Mrs James Ma
1st day collection

Box Office Report: Early Estimates for Dilwale, Bajirao Mastani Out
Dilwale vs Bajirao Mastani was indeed the most anticipated Box Office Clash of 2015. The D-Day is finally here and we bring to you numbers from the war zone. 
That Dilwale is performing better than Bajirao Mastani is something that many know, despite the former opening to mixed reviews whereas the latter winning immense critical acclaim. 
As per early estimates that our coming our way, Dilwale seems to be scoring in the range of Rs. 21-22 crores on Day 1 while Bajirao Mastani will collect around Rs. 11.5-12 crores.
According to trade reports, the Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol, Varun Dhawan and Kriti Sanon starrer is performing well in Nizam/Andhra, Mysore, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, West Bengal, Bihar, Assam and Orissa region. Due to disruptions in Maharashtra, Gujarat and Rajasthan region, the film's collections have been affected, which otherwise would have been in the range of Rs. 30 crores.
The collections are low as compared to Salman Khan's Prem Ratan Dhan Payo and Bajrangi Bhaijaan which earned Rs. 39 crores and Rs. 26.50 crores respectively. But then again, the two films released on the festive weekends of Diwali and Eid. Dilwale is far behind the first day collections of Shah Rukh's previous film  Happy New Year, which made Rs. 42 crores on its day 1. But that also released on the holiday weekend of Diwali.
Bajirao Mastaani on the other hand, has grossed around 11.5-12 crore nett, which was expected, given the clash withDilwale. The period drama too got affected by the disruptions in Maharashta and has also shown dull collections in Uttar Pradesh and other East India regions

cr BOI

VILLNAN

sarNie OldFart
Dilwale Takes Overseas Market By Storm

Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol, Varun Dhawan and Kriti Sanon starrer Dilwale has taken international markets by a storm. It was expected since Shah Rukh Khan has a massive fan following across the globe and thanks to his special promotions in Dubai and UK, both the markets are expected to responded with huge numbers.

The film has been ranked number two in UK after the super-hit franchise of Star Wars which is currently leading at all international markets. Dilwale collected £ 218,803 i.e 2.22 crores in UK.
While other circuits are yet to report, the Rohit Shetty film has collected A$ 143,352 69.33 lacs in Australia and $ 79,292 i.e 35.39 lacs in New Zealand.
The collections are huge and we are still compiling figures from the domestic circuits.
http://www.koimoi.com

cecilia

Staff member
This was a bit too far for tonight so I'm going to skip it until tomorrow ... Going to watch Bajirao Mastani instead :)

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
BM got banned from Pakistan but allowed SRK's movie to released instead.. No wonder it was a big hit on the first day.. SRK spend a lot of his own money to open more screening lol
That's how nervous he get about his movie not winning at the box office.

VILLNAN

sarNie OldFart
I'm so dying to see SRK <33333 Gotta love his movies
He's the best no one are able to beat him >3 waiting for this movie only to watch!!!!!!

VILLNAN

sarNie OldFart
beachboy777 said:
BM got banned from Pakistan but allowed SRK's movie to released instead.. No wonder it was a big hit on the first day.. SRK spend a lot of his own money to open more screening lol
That's how nervous he get about his movie not winning at the box office.
I don't get it why you keep coming this thread and talked about BM. If you really wanted to say how good BM is go to that movie thread, here this is Dilwale and no one ever told you to watch this movie either, even if you don't watch or others don't. It's okay I'm the only gonna watch

Can you show me some kinds of evidence that  he uses his own money? Please have some respect ouch I don't want to get angry over some stupid reasons. Go and spend your time on BM.

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
I know you're one of the die hard fan of SRK. It's a good thing.. I was trying open up the conversation between Dilwale and BM. Think I'm brave enough coming on to this thread and talk about the movie. Sharing my opinions with all of you peeps on here is plain unconditional love. I was just being honest, if I ever hurt your feeling then I am sorry. Didn't mean to disrespected you with my opinion. If you don't want other people like " myself" to join the conversations, then I suggest you to stay out of Social media. This is AF members , and I am part of the member too. If you come to BM thread I would delight to have you share your own opinions. It's fun to have different members join the thread. Last but not lease, I'm trying to earn more stars on my page lol..

VILLNAN

sarNie OldFart
Thank you for sharing your opinions on Dilwale, but please don't bring up BM in this thread, we never go to  BM thread and, post how good Dilwale or compare.
If you read forums rule you'll know what I meant that's all I can say. Sorry if I'm wrong.

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
I'm sorry, I did not read any rules yet.. Lol
Now I know some of the peeps on here can get sensitive at times. I mean madness sensitive! Hope to see you come visit the BM thread one of these days Vill. It will be nice to hear your opinion on a forum that I am in.. However, having a dude to chat on here can be fun don't you think? :)

I don't mind getting my butt butchers by you ladies.. It is worth it!