Deadliest Mass Shooting in US History

neangnee

sarNie Hatchling
I think they would have mentioned the same greencard aspect if the person was European and on a visa. And if he were just regular old Caucasian, they would mention that too. I don't think it's profiling. I think there's going to be some hate, but that's inevitable. If it was a white kid, and one of the kids was a minority, the hate would be just as bad, I'm sure. Although at Tech, I think it's a fairly diverse campus, especially since so many of them come from Northern Virginia.

I had tons of friends who went there, co-workers who have family members there, and there are a couple people who still haven't checked in. I hope that they've just forgotten how to dial a damn phone.

klarissa

sarNie Hatchling
thanks neangnee, you are right about that, kev they would pin point anything that would distinguish the person and shed a different light on it.

noungning

Heartless
exactly, and that's what came from the columbine shootings. those kids dressed gothic with trench coats were targeted. it's not just racial profiling it's everything.

everything will be squeezed out to the very last ounce of juice they can pull from this case so they can put everything together.

and i don't see why being known as a legal resident is anything harmful? unless u see it as hatred that will ignite with all legal aliens holding a green card?

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
It's funny, I met a Jamaican couple who were glad the gunman wasn't Jamaican. 555

My classmates tease me and say people better watch out, or I might glock their ass. 555

Anyways... South Korean Ministry plans to visit VA Tech to apologize and my classmates think it's ridiculous.

But I think its a good gesture nevertheless. It does no harm and in facts make Koreans look better...

Damn it... people watch their movies, lakorns, and (I) drool over their womyn.

:^P

soupansa

sarNie Hatchling
It's funny, I met a Jamaican couple who were glad the gunman wasn't Jamaican. 555

My classmates tease me and say people better watch out, or I might glock their ass. 555

Anyways... South Korean Ministry plans to visit VA Tech to apologize and my classmates think it's ridiculous.

But I think its a good gesture nevertheless. It does no harm and in facts make Koreans look better...

Damn it... people watch their movies, lakorns, and (I) drool over their womyn.

:^P

why do the southern korean ministry want to apologize??? Just because the gunman was Korean doesn't mean that the Korean over in Southern Korea did it. but whatever, this makes me mad. I heard the gunman was heartbroken because his gf cheated on him with a black guy :rolleyes: If that is the case, who does he think he is to take away the lives of others?

My mom was saying how glad she was that I didn't go to school there [it was my second choice of schooling]. She said the victims' parents probably had high dreams of having their kids graduate and marry and live their lives, but it was ruined by one guy. Imagine those parents just relieved that their kids are in school [because school is supposed to be safe] & having high hopes for their kids & all o of the sudden, they get phone calls about their kids' deaths. I woulda kinda understand if those victims parents would hate. I could've been one of those victims! Idk, this is a really sad subject. I'd hate to be the parents or relatives when getting the news of the deaths. It's just heart shattering.

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
Can you give me a reference to the cheating GF and the black boyfriend info?

Was the girl asian? Oh... me curious...

I want to share this with some of my black friends... and tell them not to mess with us Asian men. buwwhahaaaa

But I don't want to say it without proof. So hook me up! He shot up 30 people... are you sure you got your story straight?

CNN stated there was a note that made no sense, but related to "Rich" people and what a "debauchery".

But linkie linkie please.

"South Korean diplomats were traveling to the site of the shooting, Foreign Ministry spokesman Cho Hee-yong said."
Reference:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/04/1...h.ap/index.html

555... I found the references... all coming from different news sources. Oh well... I think itz cause of a girl too. :^P

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/17/vtech.shooting/index.html

lilxgxriah

sarNie Adult
about what was said up there about v-tech being a diverse campus..it is pretty diverse, although of course caucasians make up the most of it...theres 8 percent asian, 5 percent african american, and 2 percent hispanic

anyways,i do hate how they keep refering to race, but its gonna be there since the u.s. predominantly caucasian..im pretty sure if a white guy went on a shooting rampage in a college somewhere in asia, there would also be some racial profiling..but thats just how it is

Nicky

sarNie Hatchling
just shocking ...

My prayers and condolences to all the victims and students of VT and family, friends of the victims ...

This is just unbelievable.

I still wondering what lead the gunman to do all of this ... if its about a girl, that's really pathetic. Hatred? HmMm .. people can be evil and crazy to this point.

I've been updating myself on this massacre ... I just hope its not going to have a big racial effect. It seem like they like out the shooter race. *shake head* It's not the what race, color of their skin, or where they are from is the problem, its the person himself is the root cause to his actions.

dfemc

sarNie Adult
my thoughts: http://www.sarnworld.com/discuzz/index.php...;showentry=2093

my frustrating reads: *i've exhausted my mental and emotional capacity reading every googled piece and article i can find regarding this event. n every senseless and melodramatic media repeats itself and each other, i swear there's rarely any worthwhile journalism these days, all they do is google stories and rewrite each other's words. <_<

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9604204
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9618705
http://newsbloggers.aol.com/2007/04/17/cho-seung-huis-plays/
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3048108&page=1

and it's sad these days, when an individual dies, their trails on the digital world in myspaces and thefacebook is how we're left to be remembered by the world. it got me thinking, so this is how i will remembered if i were ever googled in the net world.

this is funny because after seeing this news in the media, my friends and i were talking about this and from our discussion we see how much the media have an impact on what we think...

A lot of ppl blame this student for what he do and point with their fingers the fact that he was a "korean student" and not an american student :angry: ( this is so easy to reject the fault on others...)..but well, after reading a lots of medias and talking about, i don't khnow if it's right or not (because some media always surround the news just for make it more interesting..)i learn that he lived in USA since his 8 years old and growth up there!! that's why i don't understand why the media insist on the fact that he was a korean? does it mean that american ppl don't have problems?
Maybe it's because i don't live there or maybe it's because i'm one of those ppl who are totally against the weapons.... but well, i think this is not his fault because somewhere his act show an interior distress..especially if he was a student in university...his act can be explain easily by the fact that his study was really hard and by the environment around him( when u are asian ur parents always want u are the best, no matter how hard it is, and the school can be a really dangerous place too, especially when u are alone....) ... and then everyone know with which cruelty the man can treated his next ....but well, it doesn't matter what was the reasons that push him to do that... because now it's the past, and talking or speculate on the reasons won't help ....
And i think that ppl should take a lesson from this because even if USA is a big country and have a big power ..they still have some lack ..especially on the security in school ...
And ppl should be more nice with their next... and don't be so selfish!!....a smile, like a word can help a lot....and make ppl to don't feel really lonely( especially in university)...

noungning

Heartless
i don't know, but to me, in the media i'm focusing on is msnbc and today show. i don't feel they are pointing the finger at him saying "you did it because you're korean"

it's just an identity that they must identify. he is korean, asian, a legal resident of the US, 23. those are the basic things to identify someone.

if it was a caucasian kids like the shooting in colorado, they also did the same, identifying who they were, what age, what they did, their interest, everything.

same with this shooter, i don't see much difference. i think many are just impacted by the fact that he is asian? it's true in my eyes it means nothing because all human are capable of such spontaneous acts. but it's something that many thinks and relates to others... but i suppose i can't go out to stop what others are thinking.

...i want to know more of what his family has to say, i have yet read one thing of what they said of the event. they should have a voice as dfemc has said in her blog. we cannot just sit here and think for a person that is passed away.

everyone has anger, with a person that felt alone, didn't have anyone to console, this is bound to happen. self mutilation is also what some does when they want to express anger, but has no way out but to hurt themselves. no one knows what exactly went through this person's mind. it will only be pure speculation since the only one who knows is dead.

Secrets

sarNie Hatchling
It was just astonishing to hear of such tragedy. And what makes it worse is that it's so close to home for me because I live in VA.

And about the saying that the gunman was Korean living in the US under a residential alien card, would it have mattered if he were a Korean-American who established a US citizen or had been born in the US? Regardless of what race he was, it all came down to the fact that he was a disturbed person. And you could be of any race or gender and be a seriously disturbed person. If the shooter were an African-American, would people start making comments like..."Never mess with a black man or he'll put a cap in your head..." or start terrorizing innocent black people because of one troubled individual? Probably not. It's easier to target us (Asians) with such speculations going forward because we are minorities in this country. If judging the rest of the people due to one person or chopping down the tree because of one spoiled apple, will show just how closed-minded Americans are, which hopefully that won't happen.

And the VT massacre wasn't about race, it was about one troubled individual, one troubled soul that felt he had no where else to turn or what else to do, which definitely doesn't excuse him of his actions. I just wish it hadn't resort to something like this.

It's really hard for me to form an opinion on this issue because I don't have friends or family members who were affected by this incident/tragedy. I would probably have a diffrent saying if one of the victims were a family member.

Anyways, my condolences to all the families and friends of the victims and a speedy recovery to all the injured ones.

soupansa

sarNie Hatchling
I read about his gf in either Interlove or Spicy forum, one of those forums, idk if it's true or not. But anywho...I heard in the radio today that the gunman's parents tried to commit suicide. They're both in the hospital right now. The mom swallowed some toxic & the dad tried to slit his wrist and there are people watching over them, making sure they don't try to commit suicide again. I feel bad for them =(

soupansa

sarNie Hatchling
Can you give me a reference to the cheating GF and the black boyfriend info?

Was the girl asian? Oh... me curious...

I want to share this with some of my black friends... and tell them not to mess with us Asian men. buwwhahaaaa

But I don't want to say it without proof. So hook me up! He shot up 30 people... are you sure you got your story straight?
Idk if it's true or not, some girl mentioned it on spicyforum.net

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
DaRn asian guy!!! gosh! make us look bad.. (i'm asian so yah..) it's so sad... may they rest in peace.. :)

natty

Chubs
some girl was me dears.. i read it from an article posted at my off topic forums... and i also heard about it when they were talking about it at my work. it was said that his gf cheated on him and he went nutz..

this was one of the quotes in the article that i found.. but cant find the article now.. there's 430 pages! not about to go back and find them.. but someone posted this quote to clear the story..

"I’d heard the girlfriend rumour about how I guess his girlfriend left him and he thought she was cheating (which turned out to be false), but the whole massacre seemed so planned out, maybe not meticulously or perfectly, but certainly not recklessly."

anyways.. when it's a person of color, whether it's black, asian, or mexican causing the crimes. They will always related it to race. My godbrother said at his campus (UCLA) white and black students were giving him and their asian buddies a dirty look. It's funny how we tend to separate people base on race. When the news first came out and I was reading msnbc, I saw a couple of "There's no description of the shooter. I bet he was muslim." I mean how ignorant and stupid is that? When something like this happen and the media didn't describe him, why can't they just say "this guy was evil, he's disturbed"? The world is full of racism but we tend not to get upset until it happens to us. I mean when the columbine happened or the other school shootings, who in here heard one of our own said "White people.. so stupid" ? I sure heard it alot, maybe i can even bring up the old topics on it. Shoo I admit I said it myself.

noungning

Heartless
If the shooter were an African-American, would people start making comments like..."Never mess with a black man or he'll put a cap in your head..." or start terrorizing innocent black people because of one troubled individual? Probably not.
From past african-american caused crimes/murders, it is the opposite, and there were people resisting anyone who's skin color was "black".

please do correct me if i'm wrong.

additionally this is something with middle easterners, they were targetted from another group's behavior.

this is reality, 1 bad erases the other million goods. especially with media blowing it out of proportion.

I read about his gf in either Interlove or Spicy forum, one of those forums, idk if it's true or not. But anywho...I heard in the radio today that the gunman's parents tried to commit suicide. They're both in the hospital right now. The mom swallowed some toxic & the dad tried to slit his wrist and there are people watching over them, making sure they don't try to commit suicide again. I feel bad for them =(
that's horrible for the family, if is true, i can understand why they would want to commit suicide. they will get the blame for their son's behavior. such tragedy.

but information from forums always need primary sources, because they're just as bad as wikipedia, anyone can put whatever they feel is "correct" on there.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
The Ex Gf thing is not necessarily true.. it mentiones in the news that she was amongst the first victim.. but it does not say she was the reason... from what I have seen so far.. he is angry or was angry with Rich Kids and "Debauchery"

as for the matter in general.. I can't say i have much opinions on it >.< because its sad most definitely.. and very heart shattering .. no words can ever speak the way .. this effects everyone around it >.<

Greensmurf

sarNie Hatchling
ITS A WHITE MAN'S LAND! Would the public be more forgiving if the man who committed the act was white????? A lot of the asians are getting backlashed at... and a lot of KOREANS are being look down upon! This is a really and and unjustified world we live in!