Deadliest Mass Shooting in US History

jeanie

sarNie Adult
33 is dead, with one of them being the gunman who shot himself. It was an Asian guy that was the gunmen, according to witnesses. Hope no one from our SW is from VT, if so condolences to all. It's really sad.

lilxgxriah

sarNie Adult
omg...i didnt know it was an asian guy..but yeah my cousins go there, and my one cousin thats graduating is planning to go there (its a new family tradition)...hopefully everyone is alright, that got injured

bugsy

sarNie Adult
This is a tragedy and my prayers goes out to the families of the deceased and those students who had to go through this terrible event.

mango

Lakornaddict ;)
I saw the news on TV.

My prayers and condolences to the parents of the ones who passed away due to this tragic shooting.
At first, only 23 was announce dead, but now 33 I feel really bad for those who passed away. I mean they didnt even know that today was going to be their last day. Who does? But it was at a college and you wouldnt think that u would die that way. :(

And Yes the shooter was an asian guy. What a shame, he could of use his smartness to do good but he ends up shooting a college up and killing more than 30 innocent students.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------@
A MOMENT OF SILENCE.
RIP to all VA TECH STUDENTS WHO PASSED AWAY BECAUSE OF THIS SHOOTING.

soupansa

sarNie Hatchling
GREAT! Just when things are getting good...this happens. I bet there will be hate towards the Asians now. The Chai Vang incident just passed and now this. The hate will never end :rolleyes:

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
BANG! BANG! You know how we Asian do it.

Wondering what the cause for him to be going on a rampage. Was he bully? People there racist toward him? Gotta be a cause for him to do that.

The thing I don't get is. The dude started shooting at around 7:15am in the dorm room. Why didn't they lock down the campus than? Why they didn't search for the shooter? Two hours later, more shot were fired at another building (Engineering building I think).

If the campus was on lock down during the first incident and the police did a thorough search of the campus, I don't think that many people would of die.

Anyways, RIP to the 32 decease and hope the 15 or so that are injured get well.

gurl

sarNie Hatchling
this is sad :( .. fist i hear the radio said it was 20.. then my classmate told me it was 22.. and now 32... OMG! R.I.P for them.. it just sad that they never know that yesterday was their last day...i felt sorry for the family who lost a love one.. and hope the injure get well...

noungning

Heartless
yea this is sad, and now we have more anger against asian people. the killer is Korean, 23, an English major.

all rest in peace, even the killer, he was in desperation of help.

it's life, everything is spontaneous.

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
we had a minute silence today for them at skool :( r.i.p

klarissa

sarNie Hatchling
WELL AFTER hearing this, i said to my brother "would i be very suspicious on campus today" ha, tha'ts because i'm one of five asians at my whole school, but anyway that's besides the point. I think their communication was horrible, for not putting the campus on lockdown, for god sakes, they sent an email two hours later to everyone, and if you're a college student you know tha tyour campus email inbox is full of shit, including hoaxes and stuff, so i think it definately is poor communication on the college's behalf. also the phone calls, not all college students have phones in their dorms, mainly because we don't remember our numbers. With a school as big as Virginia Tech, the communication stystems should have been enforced better for students to be aware of such a big disaster as what had happend, i mean this isn't a stabbing this is a shooting, and my question is, how come no one heard shots firing? My other question is, do they expect the parents of the victims to swallow the fact that the warning was made through email? knowing my parents and othe rparents of students they would just laugh in your face and say "something should have been done better than emails."plus not all students sit around their computers refreshing their email screen.

gosh i am bothered by that, that gives virginia tech a big obstacle to overcome about security measures and how they would deal with disasters and catastrophes.

noungning

Heartless
yeah they should have did a loud speaker anouncement? to alert all... but then again, the school might be afraid they will scare the killer off? but i still think safety is more important.

the real problem is, they treated a small issue as a non-issue, they should've treated it with more than just, rather than keeping it on the down low. most of the time, universities/colleges DO NOT like to alert all of what is happening because they don't want it to be publicized and giving it a bad name. also in this situation, they thought eh it's just a shooting amongst 2 people, we shouldn't shock the whole campus until we get further info.

notice from reading the vague email messages, they didn't disclose much information at all.

tang071

sarNie Elites
i'm surprised that many people are mentioning that the shooter was an asian. asian or not, he killed a lot of people. i agree that he probably needed the most help of all. until more information surfaces on to why he shot all those people, we might never know. i'm sure its sad that a fellow asian was the culprit but this shouldnt be turned into a racial matter.

noungning

Heartless
regardless, it's something that cannot be ignored. there will be racial resistance because of this.

the professor has papers he wrote that gave signals to him being a "troubled" person, but they did nothing more than talk amongst themselves.

jeanie

sarNie Adult
You can't really ignore the racial aspect of it because others won't. The Gov. of Virginia, Kaine, just mentioned it at his news conference. Its out there and its sad that that's the first thing people mention when they talk about the shooter but its the reality of life.

klarissa

sarNie Hatchling
in my personal opinion, yes they do state the obvious that he is asian, but they would do the same if it was an african american or a latino or caucasian, the media will be the media, however racial profiling doesn't hide the fact that a human being was troubled and it was over looked, which resulted him in taking action and killing more than 30 people including himself. it is sad that this happend but yet, if you think about it yourself how would you react if it wasn't an asian guy? we'd just be a little less interested in the whole situation. so i just think everyone has their own thoughts and feelings on it, and I just wish they gave more information on the kid's life to see why he would result in this mass shooting.