Iya

sarNie Adult
I just want to know cause I'm a little confuse when I was viki. Is this series gonna end at ep 11 or at ep. 16 like someone mentioned earlier in the thread?

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
I admit this Lakorn fell short somewhere in the middle. Somehow the romance is bland. This had lots of potential but it really showed flaws around ep. 5 onwards. It was filmed over such a long period of time, I think the characters lost their luster somewhere along the way. The love that was supposed to be so sweet it should have made us hold our pillows tightly, instead made me feel confused. I want to like it alot, but it kept going from great to very bad. The feelings weren't consistent. The script was so cheesy sometimes I had to hide a cringe. - This isn't the worse Lakorn this year. Just the thought of Kularb Fai and I just want to curse at the writers. Now THAT was one of the worse this year.

Anyway, I still support the show. Even though I haven't read the book, it's probably 10x's better than the Lakorn.
The main soundtrack (Northstar - Dao Neua) is a great piece written & sang by none other than P'Tui.

Kudaranai

sarNie Adult
Iya said:
I just want to know cause I'm a little confuse when I was viki. Is this series gonna end at ep 11 or at ep. 16 like someone mentioned earlier in the thread?

It'll end at episode 11, they already announced that the finale is on Monday.

Reactions: Iya

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Sawan said:
No, this is an original. Fah Jarod Sai is a famous novel. They made a musical out of it, but this is the first time that it had been turned into a lakorn. 
thanks for the reply. I thought it was a remake of Willy and Mew's lakorn so I watch a bit of it. the story was confusing and didn't catch my attention. I thought the friend of the main girl was prettier than the lead. The only lakorn I like watching Kawn in was with Aon... that was when she first started.

Kudaranai

sarNie Adult
You're thinking of Taam Huajai Pai Sud La. The deal was that the director really wanted to turn FJS into a lakorn but ch7 has the rights to the novel (yeah, since the 90's...) so they decided to create something with a similar theme with the deserts and stuff.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Kudaranai said:
You're thinking of Taam Huajai Pai Sud La. The deal was that the director really wanted to turn FJS into a lakorn but ch7 has the rights to the novel (yeah, since the 90's...) so they decided to create something with a similar theme with the deserts and stuff.

Yes, this was the one I was talking about. Nothing beats the original.

Lakorn Watchers

sarNie Egg
I love fjs. I don't know how it's so confusing. I thought the lakorn is pretty easy to understand. It's just about Shariff & Michelle's love and Oman trying to steal throne from King Ahmed.

lakornsrok

sarNie Adult
Um I don't think that's the original. They don't have the copyrights so then it's not the original. The original I would say is the only Fah Jarod Sai musical. This one is the Fah Jarod Sai lakorn. That one with willy is different from Kwan's lakorn so you shouln't say it's the original when it's not. :scratchhead2:

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Episode 10 was actually pretty good. I liked the Queen's (Noke) outfit when she was with King Amed (Arnus). It was all black and had the white gold jewelry going down the front and down the sleeves. Really pretty on her. Noke & Arnus actually look good as a couple. For the 5 mins they were onscreen together, I felt some chemistry there.

Next week is the last episode, I am looking forward to it!

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
I've been dying to check this lakorn out but haven't had the time. I don't know if I should or shouldn't now considering all the feedback in this thread, for a lakorn that took so long I would've thought there would be more hype around it plus it's quite short with only 11 episodes.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I totally skipped from 7 to 10. Sorry guys, this lakorn just didn't turn out right. The MV I saw on viki is definitely much better than the actual lakorn. That MV was actually the final factor in convincing me to watch FJS.

Sharif and Michelle spent a while together and feelings are bound to develop, but the script failed to show any signs of progression. Its like they just fell in love randomly. Every thing feels so rushed and choppy. The casting of Tui and Kwan was a good choice, they fit their roles perfectly, but it's kind of a waste because the characters are so annoying! I'm talking about Sharif and Michelle. They are by far my least favorite pra'nang.

I don't know if I'll be able to catch the finale....everything is so bizarre...

Kudaranai

sarNie Adult
x.ATKD.x said:
I've been dying to check this lakorn out but haven't had the time. I don't know if I should or shouldn't now considering all the feedback in this thread, for a lakorn that took so long I would've thought there would be more hype around it plus it's quite short with only 11 episodes.

Depends on where you look, really. There are a lot more feedbacks over at Spicy and pantip. I kinda prefer that's it's a shorter side because everything is focused on the main leads with very little fillers.

hsdsfan

sarNie Hatchling
This is my first lakorn I've ever watched of Tui and he's gained himself a new fan. I like him a lot and glad that he played Sheriff because I can't imagine any other actor portraying this character. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
hsdsfan said:
This is my first lakorn I've ever watched of Tui and he's gained himself a new fan. I like him a lot and glad that he played Sheriff because I can't imagine any other actor portraying this character. 
Haha. Good thing you watched this one first. If you'd watch Mia Luang first you would probably hate Tui's guts. Haha.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Thanks.for the pics! Kwan looks pretty and elegant and Tui looks so fine. I swear he hasn't aged a bit. Its hard to believe he's 40!