[Ch5] Koo Kum (Exact)

cecilia

Staff member
I could see fire going left and right ... with all these waits, rumors, and 'suppose' confirmation news :(

BIENA, COME BACK SOON! My dvd are not here yet T_T

Jerry BieNoona

sarNie Egg
Yaya and Nadech have dual nationality, that's why they are well matched. So does Biena. Hence, Biena and Yadech can not be rotated. As I remember, they used to pair Noona with Nadech once. I saw them sing on stage together, but they didn't look good together.

Dreamlove

sarNie Juvenile
Good news, Bie is nominated for The Best Actor from Koo Kum from Siamdara Star Awards 2013. Let pray for him to recieve this award for such a good, cute, pitiful, love able, adorable, and a soldier full of love like Kobori played by Bie. There are others too like Nadech from Raeng Pratana, Mark Prin from Punyachon Kon Krua, Weir from Pin Anong, and Dome Pakorn Lum from Tawan Tor Saeng. The winner will be announced on June 26th, this is getting me super nervous. I really want Bie to win because he did sucha super duper awesome job as new different Kobori and all the people that worked behind Koo Kum did an awesome job as well.

imsmile

sarNie Hatchling
@Dreamlove 
OMG! this award's result is going to be super tight. All of the nominees are very tough to beat since they all have large fan base and the rating when they were airing were really high. I watched 3 out of 5, and I like all 3 (Raeng Pratana, Koo Gum and Panyachon).  

I really want P'Bie to win too. He did such amazing job as Kobori in Koo Gum. 
However, if he won or anyone won this award, there is gonna be some drama in Pantip again for sure. LOL
All the fans will come out bashing the one who won the award, and complaint how that person do not deserve the award. 

I hope Noona will be nominated for best actress from Koo Gum as well.

Cross finger 

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
As much as I don't want to accept it nor do I want to doubt on Bie, I feel like Nadech is going to steal the award since he is loved by so many, huge fanbase, he's so hot, and because he always win..in a way. I would love for Bie to win instead of Nadech. Nadech did good in RP but Kim stole the spotlight in there and it revolved around Kim more than Nadech hence I don't think he should win the Best Actor award. Bie did a phenomenal job in Koo Gum hence I believe he should win it. I am not being bias but I believe Bie did a whole lot better than Nadech between Raeng Pradtana and Koo Gum. As much as I love Nadech also, it's like when he won for TNNKK. His character was ehhh yet he won so many awards for that character. I just hope for Bie to win. It'll be nice and definitely his first, I think. I will definitely be praying for my baby! 5555 :D
Hopefully Noona gets nominated too. She did an awesome job as Angsumalin! :D 

Dreamlove

sarNie Juvenile
So sad, Noona isn't in for the best actress. For Siamdara Star Awards 2013 The Best Actresses are Janie from Raeng Ngao, Ann from Qi Pao, Yui from Ayaruk, Bella from Pon Phrom Olaweng, and Jui from Buang Wan Wan. The Best Drama are Koo Kum, Pin Anong, Tawan Tor Saeng, Raeng Ngao, and Buang Barp. This is just making me more and more scared, I really really want Bie to win The Best Actor from Koo Kum and I want Koo Kum to win The Best Drama, but I have a feeling like Reang Ngao is goona win because they've won so many awards already. I'm praying for Bie and Koo Kum to win.

teedee

sarNie Oldmaid
@imsmile thanks for update that Gun won't play in "Luerd kut thee ya". but still there is a chance Noona will play in here with another actor. which I prefer she not cause the story is too sad. p'ek died again.
So she'll be a guest for the star concert then. that's good.
I don't think Bie will go to china with Noona which is so sad. she'll be lonely without him there.
So know the day when Bie'll come back to Thailand yet?
I'm so glad Bie got nominated for best actor in koo kum. I want him to win too cause he play his character so great.
So unfair Noona should at least be nominated for best actress in koo kum, her performance was excellent in here. i'm so disappointed in siamdara decision.
Yeah I saw "Guan meun ho" Noona&Ter movie. it was good. funny/touching. she play her character so well. no wonder she was famous from this movie. and the cover song she sang in this movie was so good too. love her voice.

imsmile

sarNie Hatchling
@Dreamlove

What?!! Noona isn't nominated?! This is so unfair -3-. 
She did way beyond amazing in Koo Gum. Seriously, I love Ann a lot, but I think that Noona did better than Ann in Qi Pao.
Bella got nominated from Pon Phrom Olaweng? This is crazy. How did she even got nominated from this lakorn?
N'Anda stole all her spotlight in this lakorn. she is the one deserve the award not Bella, and Bella came out like only half of the lakorn.
How can people judge her acting from that? 
At very least they should have dominated Kim from Raeng Pratana. I really like her acting in this lakorn, but not Bella.  

Gosh I'm mad :( 

Now I can see less chance for Koo Gum to win the award. 

And I Agree Rang Ngao, it probably stole all the awards again. (Personally I hate this type of lakorn) 
It seems that the lakorn that has the main character that is very mean and bad always won the award. 

Sigh* this is what I hate about Thai society. LoL 

@roselovesice agree with Nadech in TNNKK, there were huge dramas in Pantip over that, and I agree that he did not deserve it.
The lakorn itself is very boring, just the theme of the lakorn that is good.  I love NY couple, and I was looking forward to watch it, ending up very disappointed. If it wasn't NY, it wouldn't win any award. 

@teedee 
You're welcome :)

Greenrose

sarNie Egg
i has rewatched Koo Kum. I like it more and more. Special espide 17,18,19, They are so sweet. Like best the scene Kobori and Ansumalin is together. So happy when i have heart Bie is nominated for the best actor from Koo Kum. I hope he will be winner.

looksy

sarNie Adult
Oh, that is fantastic news Dreamlove. Thanks for letting us know. I'm crossing my fingers for Bie. He did an amazing job as Kobori.....so much so that I can't see anyone else make this character more loving and more real than Bie's portrayal.

So these are the first nominations for our beloved Koo Kum. I hope to see many more nominations across the board for:

Best Actor/Actress....Go Biena!!! They brought so much passion into this version of Koo Kum. The electrifying chemistry and the wonderful emotional acting kept us addicted even though we knew we would be in so much heartache from the ending.

Best Director....Sant Srikaewlaw....the director with the golden touch. I love his attention to details.

Best Screenwriter....Pran Pramoun.....I'm so impressed with this screenwriter's beautiful and accurate interpretation of the novel, even the author Khun Thammayanti said she was impressed with Koo Kum's screenwriter for remaining true to her novel's storyline.

Best OST.......I have never seen a lakorn with such a strong OST lineup....pick any songs from lakorn and it's worthy of a win...but my two favorites would have be the duet sung by Bie and Noona and Bie's solo "Gerd Ma Koo Gun".

Best Lakorn......I'm crossing my fingers extra tight for this one....Exact really has proven that they can do remakes well. They took a storyline, which people already knew, and made it fresh, exciting, and relevant. 

@Imsmile, I agree with you. I hate types of storylines like Rang Ngao.....what's that Thai word for it "namnou" / nonsense....hehe.....of course, this is just my opinion....I didn't watch the 2012 version, even though I like Janie....and I know that there are some life lessons that one can take from a lakorn like Rang Ngao, but it's too much slapping and screaming for my taste.

Koo Kum has to win for something(any category) or I'm going to think that the award shows are rigged....hehe....

@Teedee, I'm still crossing my fingers that Bie will surprise us and somehow make it to China to promote Ruk Jab Jai with Noona. He is such a big part of the musical that it would be a shame if he couldn't make it. 

KasyBB1

sarNie Egg
hey guys, hope you don't mind if i join the conversation. I'm a big fan of koo kum 2013, and i've been lurking this thread for a while. Thank you all for sharing and updating about BieNa.

About Siamdara award, as much as i love Nadech, i really want Bie to win, he did an amazing job as Kobori. And i agree with imsmile, don't get why Bella was nominated for Pon Phrom Olaweng, Unda sure stole the show. Noona should've been nominated too, even my mom who has watched all koo kum versions agreed that Noona was the best Angsumalin so far. Her performance in the last episode was so awesome, you can her eyes swollen from all the crying T__T

Hope Bie will come back soon and reunite with Noona in a new project. I'd love to see them in a romcom ^__^
Why my Ruk Jub Jai DVD hasn't arrived yet? forever waiting :(

imsmile

sarNie Hatchling
@looksy

LOL "Lakorn Namnou" I haven't use that word for so long. Didn't think anyone who don't know Thai know that word.
It is kinda namnou, but not really. Namnou is for overly romantic lakorn.
I don't think there is a special word for slapping and screaming lakorn like Rang Ngao. 

Yep Koo Gum has to win something

Can't wait for more Biena update! Cross finger that P'Bie will go to China.
If any of you are in China, don't forget to go support Noona :))

@AmyBB

Welcome to Biena thread. 
I'm glad your mom like this version. I have been trying so hard to make my mom watch this version of Koo Gum.
She is very prejudice against this version T^T She even hates the ost.  I told her that the song writer is the same person with P'Bird's version, she still hates it. :(
She really likes P'Bird version. 

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
Oh yeah. That word. Namnao (some spells it this way). Rubbish, rubbish lakorns. That's what it means..from what I've heard. I agree. Hahha.
I think Raeng Ngao is going to steal the Best Drama award. I think they should have that category for best OST, which I don't remember if they do or not. Koo Gum deserves that award for sure since I haven't heard such an amazing OST for a long while now. 555 All I have to say is I pray that Bie steals the BEST ACTOR award cause he's the best actor when it comes to portraying his character compared to the other competitors that also got nominated. :) 

looksy

sarNie Adult
@Imsmile, thanks for clarifying the word "namnou" for me.....hehe.....My understanding of the word was what my Thai friend described to me.....that it meant nonsense, rubbish (like Roselovesice mentioned)....but I guess the full meaning of word gets lost in translation. 

Oh, I know what you mean about those who are prejudice against Koo Kum 2013, but what I have noticed from the comments on youtube is that for those who had fallen in love with one of the previous lakorn adaptations, is that for those who were willing to give this version a chance, they remarked at how surprisingly well done Bie and Noona's version is.....and I admit that I am one of them. I had fallen in love with the Num/Benz version years ago (for the Bird/Kwang version, I was too young at the time to appreciate Koo Kum's intense storyline)

Oh, the power of Biena!!!! I don't think any future Koo Kum remake can make me love Kobori and Ang more than the way Bie and Noona portrayed these characters. 

@AmyBB, welcome to the thread. Hope your DVD of RJJ comes in soon. You are going to LOVE IT!!! 

cecilia

Staff member
This year award should go to Biena .. and that's enough .. i've watched most of the nominees and felt that Bie did best among them all (even though i'm a Nadech bias lol) .. As for actress, suck that Noona is not in it.  She did well as Ang to me ... as good as p'Mam in her movie version ...

looksy

sarNie Adult
I wonder if Bie or Khun Boy has heard the news about the nominations, yet. Maybe Noona has already called Bie to let him know.....because we know they talk on the phone.....hehe....Awe, still sad that Noona didn't get nominated, but these are just the first nominations for Koo Kum. I'm sure we'll get more nominations as the award season progresses. 

credit: kanikar @ instagram

Jerry BieNoona

sarNie Egg
I'm not happy either not to see Noona in the list. But I try to be more understanding.

Maybe Noona doesn't meet all the criterion to be nominated. I don't think it's unfair. For instant, how many lakorns has she starred so far? If I'm not wrong, it's only 2. But if all of you said, the rest who are nominated, are also fresh. How unfair! I'll complain.

KasyBB1

sarNie Egg
@looksy @imsmile: thank you for warm welcoming ^^

Is siamdara award based on voting? I hope Koo Kum will at least win something, so far it is the best lakorn of this year in my opinion.