[Ch5] Dok Soke (Exact)

AsianFemale

Mrs. Kim Junsu
Erin is that how u spell her name? I think she should have enough money to go fix her and teeths already sorry fans.

AsianFemale

Mrs. Kim Junsu
I'm not saying she's ugly lmao but her mouth and teeths :( she should get her teeths fix :)
Off topic took kob for example her not even that bad but she got it fixed

opn

sarNie Egg
Sawadee kha! Hello everyone! :wave:

I'm a long time lurker of this thread. Well, this site for that matter. Anyhoo, I'm coming out of lurkdom because this is one of the few times that I find myself watching a drama series while its being aired in its country of origin and despite the fact that I don't speak the language (I know some Thai words/phrases here and there but not enough to fully understand the dialog and the gist of the scene's conversation). I guess in this case, language barrier is not a deterrent to enjoy a good lakorn or drama series. At least for me. There are some dramas or movies that just lures and pulls me in for some and so many reasons and Dok Soke is one of them. Luckily, this one has got a lot of things going for it -

1) an interesting storyline - yes, its been done but the cast assembled with special mention of our OTP (their chemistry), the great pace, acting and the writing, direction...all these contributed and IMHO opinion this lakorn is firing on all cylinders. There are flaws but it makes them forgivable. I still cringe a bit with the OTT violent treatments of the villains to the heroine in the beginning and the catfights - but I shouldn't complain because this is one element of a Thai lakorn that differentiates it from K-drams, C-dramas, T-dramas, etc. :popcorn: :lol:

2) cast and character development - Kudos to whoever made the casting choices esp. the main leads. While the characters cater to certain archetypes, I give kudos to the writer and director for bringing depth to the characters even of its supporting cast members. Take the nang'rai's for example. There's a back-story to Pen, Oh or Oo (sp?, Egads! these names are confusing ), Penkyamoon characters and the motive that drives them. BTW, I'm looking forward to the eng subs of ep 27 because I've been wondering why Penkyamoon seems to be disinterested with her daughter's whereabouts and there's seems to be a lack of maternal instinct in the earlier episodes which seems to stem from her relationship with her mother Somjai.

Pong Nawat is such a good actor and I just love how he portrays different facets of Asanai. The latest episodes he's shown us the playful side of his character and the moments he had with Charebelle/Dok Soke plays that to full effect that your heart have to be made of stone if those moments doesn't touch the romantic side in you and gives you that tingly feeling (in Filipino, that's the "kilig" factor at full strength). He portrays the giddiness of being in love which just the right amount and touches. I think it also helps that they have so much chemistry. Haaah! :crush: This OTP is daebak! I would also give kudos to Charebelle, cuz for being a relative newbie opposite Pong, so far, she's been able to keep up with him performance wise. She can cry prettily too. I also love how she subtly, gives off this innocent reactions to Asanai's teases, caresses which is just in keeping with her character.

So, credit to both Charebelle and Pong for bringing out their characters well. :thumbup:

Dang, I just realized that this has become a LAP for a first post. Heh!

Oh well, I might as well make the most out of this while I'm at it and give my 2 cents worth. :coverlaf:

3) RE: the age gap between Asanai and Dok Soke - Personally, the "eww factor" didn't enter my mind until someone mentioned it here. As has been said upthread, its really cultural and the personal background of a person will influence their viewpoint/reaction to a certain situation or set-up. Asanai is 31 while Dok Soke is now 16. By law in some countries, she is indeed a minor but this lets not forget that this is a drama or a lakorn and the writer has the artistic license and freedom to his/her script and the characters. I think this age gap factor is one major element that drives this story and plot points. Dok Soke also comes across as mature for her age. Her experience and the hardships she encountered molds her character to be independent and street smart. The kid is an old soul, so to me the 15 year age difference adds flavor to the story and the possible conflicts that might ensue between the OTP and the characters around them.

P.S. I really appreciate darknesslakorns' recap, Pong fan sites with the previews and the comments in this thread because it helps a lot in at least understanding what's going on without the english subs.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I felt weird seeing Nai kiss Soke, i could never just kiss the guy that double my age and saw me when i was little, the love scenes make me feel awkward, even though its just a lakorn it feels gross to watch.

i.n.v.u.

sarNie Adult
I understand what you mean but pong/char age factor don't wierd me out because Pong don't look old and charmele don't look that young. It's personal preference. My sister dated a man 10-12 yrs older than her....i think nowadays people date lots of people who older or younger, man and women wise - Cougars...but I think men did that for a loong time through out history and now. We get dump for the fresh mean lol not trying to be insensitive...

"To Each, Their Own"

tinah

sarNie Coma
I felt weird seeing Nai kiss Soke, i could never just kiss the guy that double my age and saw me when i was little, the love scenes make me feel awkward, even though its just a lakorn it feels gross to watch.
i agree, when i see them together i feel like they are uncle/niece. pong just seem too overprotective.

isnt n'ek suppose to be somewhat childish? unless exact change her character to be more mature

rakcharm

sarNie Juvenile
ok i'm ready for everything to be revealed and this to end lol dok soke's boss is getting annoying. dude has a fiance already yet still show interest for dok soke, so retarded.

i didn't watch every min of this lakorn and i'm wondering, wth does preeyakamon get all her money from? and she doesn't know who her father is? and did she meet pong after or before dok soke's father?

i.n.v.u.

sarNie Adult
From the old Lakorn, she doesn't seem so. They change the fact the guy she work for has a fiancé. In the old one he didn't.

i didn't watch every min of this lakorn and i'm wondering, wth does preeyakamon get all her money from? and she doesn't know who her father is? and did she meet pong after or before dok soke's father?
her former husband who was a rich dude died. she probably met pong before soke's dad.

opn

sarNie Egg
I think that's a pretty normal reaction coming from someone so young. Based on personal experience, a person's views on life, love, relationships may change when its viewed from a perspective of a teen and someone in their 20's, 30's, 40's, and so on to the twilight years of one's life. As you grow older, the age factor is not really a top issue, though its one of the considerations. It's more of where you are in your life, the values and goals that you share are in-synch and how you accept each others differences and flaws so you both grow together and not outgrow each other. it's also a factor that women matures faster than men. May-December romances/relationships are quite common. For as long as its consensual (both parties are of age), the age disparity is less of an issue IMHO.

I understand what you mean but pong/char age factor don't wierd me out because Pong don't look old and charmele don't look that young. It's personal preference. My sister dated a man 10-12 yrs older than her....i think nowadays people date lots of people who older or younger, man and women wise - Cougars...but I think men did that for a loong time through out history and now. We get dump for the fresh mean lol not trying to be insensitive...

"To Each, Their Own"
I think the age disparity becomes a huge factor for some because this relationship is viewed from when Dok Soke was a child to now that she's in her late teens/adult in the same romantic love context. My understanding of the story is that Ausanai and Dok Soke developed their romantic feelings for each other later. It doesn't mean they did not love each other in a different way before. Its clear he was very fond of her and cared for her and protective of her. Likewise, she of him. IMHO, familiarity does not necessarily breeds contempt. More often than not, proximity is a factor why people get together. People gravitates towards people familiar to them or they share a commonality with.

If there's a Book 2 for this lakorn, possible conflicts that they can explore are whether, Dok Soke's love/feelings for Ausanai will change (whether he's just a father figure or its a case of a young lady adoring an older man who has been there fore her all thru her life) and how she'll assert her independence as she matures, her goals and what if she wants to pursue a career. How the dynamics of their relationship changes as she matures and how Ausanai will respond to these changes.

i agree, when i see them together i feel like they are uncle/niece. pong just seem too overprotective.

isnt n'ek suppose to be somewhat childish? unless exact change her character to be more mature
I think he's protectiveness carried over from when she was young and he knows that she had a hard life. I also think the writer/director wants to show how passionate he is towards her. He really fell hard for her.

opn

sarNie Egg
ok i'm ready for everything to be revealed and this to end lol dok soke's boss is getting annoying. dude has a fiance already yet still show interest for dok soke, so retarded.
Not only annoying but he's getting smarmy too. I'm also getting annoyed with Eddie and grandma Benz. LOL!

I've been curious about that too. How come Peekyamon doesn't know her father? Didn't she live in the big ole mansion when she was a baby?

From the flashbacks, it looks like she met Ausanai when she a teen/high school and met the sperm donor after she ran away. And likely married the rich guy after she gave birth. They've been doing flashbacks so maybe the later episodes will shed some light.

i.n.v.u.

sarNie Adult
you have good points, but I think Dok Soke is already mature and wanting her indepences, she said to Pong many Time, No Thank you, I can do it myself everytime he try to help. He was upset with her for that fact that she doesn't want his help and wanted to do it on her own. Living with her grandmother and working...i agree people perception changes as we grow older. I'm 27 and watching this remake i feel different than watching the original when I was younger, I didn't like it cuz the older man was p'k and he looked really old not like pong. And not it's not so bad. I was just stating the fact that many people do date many other people with a varity of ages, younger or older. I never said that it was solid and always worked out.