[Ch3] Raak Boon 2 (Tv Scene)

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
fun said:
Now if the brother sold her to the man, I don't blame her but like you said she made that choice herself.

She seems like the type to get manipulated easily. She didn't want to get involved with a married man even though she was attracted to Lapin but that damn evil spirit convinced her otherwise. I like how she isn't the typical one dimensional nang rai. I do hope that she does change for the better in the latter half of the show.

I know I am way behind but I just finished episode 1 last night. I wish there someone kind enough to sub this since I feel like I am missing a few details since I can only understand so much. Proud to say I did not FF any second of this lakorn so far. Raak Boon is on a role, the first part, I didn't touch the FF button either.

Lapin is so horny LOVE IT!

You definitely cannot FF because you will miss some important details. I tried to find the Raak Boon channel on viki to see if they're subbing it but I am not sure there is a channel for it.

I like that they don't try to add in fillers and side characters to distract from the main plot. At this point, I don't think Pim On can even put any kind of spell strong enough to seduce Lapin. I think that Lapin's love for Jay is strong and can break any kind of black magic trying to seperate them. Tomorrow's episode, we see that Jay receives her coin. I think that with the coin Jay can also protect her and Lapin from Pim On and her crazy ghost slave.

Pim On is really pitiful. She's insecure about being a woman because she thinks her father doesn't love her like he loves Ayut (her brother). I think deep down she's still a little girl who wants to be loved by somebody. The fact that she was in an abusive marraige also makes her vulnerable to Gasin's (her ghost) tempting offers/greed. I also hope she can move on and become a better person in the end.

Reactions: fun

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
I loved part one, but I wasn't too sure which direction the second part would take. I wish they would've focused on stronger villains and obstacles other than a love triangle. Like seriously? This is dealing with supernatural events and the direction they take is past life love rivalries? I'm sure there are others out there who are more greedy and selfish than Pim-Orn. She does not seem like a big enough threat. In addition, I can't believe they got rid of Pisai's character like that. He was very significant in the first part. At least make his spirit become powerful due to his vengeance and grudge against Ton. Let him put up a fight before disappearing. Idk. But I'm still tuning in because the first part was such a great journey. I have to continue and complete it. Haha.   

x0unerthanlater

OMGGGGG! I cannot believe what's going to happen in Ep. 6 next week! NO NO NO! I hope it's all just a ruse to throw Pim On off her high horse.

Episode 5 was also very good. Man, this lakorn really is moving fast. Jay received powers to fight against Gasin. She was also able to see into her past life and find out what really happened. But uuuugh, they didn't tell us what exactly happened yet! All they showed us was that Chanjira (Jay) married Khun Pope (Lapin)... on their wedding night Ousa (Pim On) killed Chanjira. Then we see Khun Pope on his death and giving Ousa his final words. (I must say, Mike did a great job on that scene) He only had a few lines but he really delivered the emotions just right. I felt his words. He said (to Ousa), "Even if everyone protects you and help you get away with what you did, I will never forgive you. Soon, I will meet the one I love once again. but you, Ousa, will have to live without the person you love, and without someone who loves you." WOW BURN!!!

I do believe that Lapin's love for Jay is waaay too strong for Pim On to interfere.

Lol @ Lapin's insistence that Jay is pregnant! He must really want a baby. They are so cute. I wish they had more scenes together. They are an adorable married couple.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Sooo, I don't get it. Jay destroyed the Raak Boon box. The three coins make up the box. So when she destroyed it, did the three coins scattered all over the world or something? How did they fell into the hands of people in Thailand? I remember the coins being involved in part one, but I forgot their significance.

fun

Expired Sarnie
That's what I thought too that how is it possible when the box was destroyed. Man this sort of feels like Dragon Ball!!!

I am gonna watch episode 2 and hopefully 3 tonight when I finish my errands.

x0unerthanlater

In Raak Boon 1, when someone receives the box they are given 3 wishes. I think this is why there are 3 coins.

In Raak Boon 2 episode 1, there was a scene where Pim On's father (as a younger man) went into Lapin's father's office to look for some money. He found the box but didn't take it. Yet, when he opened his hand there was a coin in his palm. When he ran out of the office the coin split into 3. Two of the coins scattered but one stayed with him.

In RB1 we certainly saw that the box had all 3 coins when Jay received it from Uncle Tawee. So either the script writers messed up and forgot the plot somewhere or they haven't explained everything to us yet.

They did mention that once the box gets detroyed the 3 coin will scatter because the evil spirt wants to be its own master. That is why Gasin wants all 3 coins to come together. That way she will be strong enough to break away from being Pim On's slave.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Thanks for explaining. Yeah. That's why I'm scratching my head because I thought Jay had all three coins in part one. But in here, they made it seem as if Pim-Orn and Ayut had their coins for a very long time, even before Jay had them. So where did Jay get her three coins in the first place? In all, it seems like there are more than three coins. Lol. 

sarNie Adult
to me, it looks like having the individual coins is more powerful than having the box? with the box, you get 3 wishes whereas with the coin, you get whatever you want until the greed consumes you?

x0unerthanlater

72701 said:
to me, it looks like having the individual coins is more powerful than having the box? with the box, you get 3 wishes whereas with the coin, you get whatever you want until the greed consumes you?

The box was a lot stronger because it had 1 entity (spirt).The coins individually seperated are weaker.

There are some things it cannot do. In episode 5, you see that Ploy (Jay's younger brother's gf) tried to use it to cure Jay's mom of high blood pressure, but it did not work. Not all the coins have the same amount of power. It depends on how many times it was used. The more it's used the blacker the coin gets. Jay received the power to reverse this effect. Whenever she helps a spirit in need, her coin turns whiter and Gasin's powers weaken.

When Gasin choked Jay till she fainted, Jay dreamed of meeting the (Matjurat) Maker's assistant/helper. He told Jay he wasn't sure how powerful the new Raak Boon box would be, if the coins joined together. And he doesn't know if it will be stronger than the first one. 

P.S. Maybe there are 2 sets of 3 coins? Total of 6? Like for the front and back of the box.
When Pim On's father (as a young man) touched the box 3 coins came off. (one being with him and the other 2 disappearing)
Then, when the Jay destroyed the box, the last 3 were destroyed. (My Wild Guess 5555)

etharies

sarNie Egg
Actually in part one if you can clearly remember Jay had to help three ghost which gave her three coins before she could make one wish. So the coin splitting into three is still significant with the first one there is no script mistake. 

etharies

sarNie Egg
Also with the box u can make any wish you want as long as you can help the ghost and get the three coins before making a wish.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
etharies said:
Actually in part one if you can clearly remember Jay had to help three ghost which gave her three coins before she could make one wish. So the coin splitting into three is still significant with the first one there is no script mistake. 
The missing puzzle to the picture is when did Pim-Orn and Ayut get their coins? Was it after Jay destroyed the box? Or did they have them first? If so, how did Jay get the three coins in part one if Pim-Orn and Ayut had the other two coins? In this part, Pim-Orn got her coin from when her father stole the box years ago before Jay was even born. So how is it that Jay had three coins total in part one?

etharies

sarNie Egg
Mahalo said:
The missing puzzle to the picture is when did Pim-Orn and Ayut get their coins? Was it after Jay destroyed the box? Or did they have them first? If so, how did Jay get the three coins in part one if Pim-Orn and Ayut had the other two coins? In this part, Pim-Orn got her coin from when her father stole the box years ago before Jay was even born. So how is it that Jay had three coins total in part one?
It was before the box was destroyed because Pim-orn's dad stole the coin when Lapin's dad still owned the box. Remember the box can create as much coins it wanted when you continued helping ghosts. After you make a wish the coins disappeared and new ones came about when you helped another ghost. This is my analysis

x0unerthanlater

etharies said:

Oh yes! Thanks for clarifying. It's so confusing when there's a huge gap between the two parts.

Did they ever mention that the box creates many coins? I always assumed it was only the 3.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
That's why I wish that they would've written part two differently. It's so confusing and lacks the same substance as part one.