[Ch3] Plerng Torranong (Makers Group)

tinah

sarNie Coma
Namfon piss on her pants haha how embaressing. Love every moment of plerng and namfon together although its not too much but the chemistry there.

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
is it just me or does it seem like their characters aren't very significant? they're da pra'naang they're da ones dat should get da story moving but instead they're just being pushed and swayed into certain events as a result of other people's doings. i liked taew since dong phoo dee. i think she should do another role w/ attitude but w/ reason lol and she should have a mind of her own. her character in dis series is strange

brushpicks

sarNie Egg
Mario and Taew are so cute together...I wish they were a real couple.
I don't why, but I don't like his gf...she seems to just show up everywhere that he's at. Dang...give him some space when he's working. Lol.
Me, too, wishes Mario and Taew were a real couple.. They FIT!.. As for GG.. yeah, I agree, the less we see of her, or the less she seems to insert herself in whatever Mario is doing, the BETTER.. However, I truly can't judge her as I don't know her. I don't intend to insult GG.. but I ironically kinda appreciate Mario more with GG as his gf coz it means he's not much into a partner's looks-- perhaps she really cares for him..

brushpicks

sarNie Egg
okay. im not watching this lakorn but im reading this.and so far it okay.hah.
Well, now is the time to start watching, then. :thumbup:

is it just me or does it seem like their characters aren't very significant? they're da pra'naang they're da ones dat should get da story moving but instead they're just being pushed and swayed into certain events as a result of other people's doings. i liked taew since dong phoo dee. i think she should do another role w/ attitude but w/ reason lol and she should have a mind of her own. her character in dis series is strange
Hi.. this is another instance to disagree with you :p

It's not always true nor necessarily good that the lead characters should be the ones that move or propel the events of the story; often, a good story is serviced more-- or made much more interesting-- by how the (main/lead) characters respond to the forces outside of themselves.. Secondary characters are, in fact, more often there to precisely move the plot along.

Nor do I agree that in this lakorn, the leads are just driven along by the actions of others. Nope. In fact, it's Plerng's decision (and singular focus) to prove himself and his parents to grandma, to others, and to himself that provides the singular biggest narrative engine in this drama, from which all other actions by other characters are responding to.

As for Numfon.. yeah, she's not too sweet a person & she ought to see the light (lol), but I think that her strangeness/unreasonableness is what makes her n'ek role here a refreshing departure from the usual. Her craziness is the yin to Plerng's dreamily sympathetic yang. :)

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
but i'm talkin bout them as a pra'naang. yes, plerng has to prove himself and all dat but he doesn't do much to jeeb her lol they don't go find each other at their own will. u get what i'm saying right?

i heard ep 14 won't air tomorrow cause of soccer. gar i don't like sports

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
^ have to agree in the instance that they should start having Plerng express his love for her but i suppose once they get married that will force him to start because i'm thinking he won't want her to misunderstand that he is singularly marrying her out of responsibilty but also because he loves her. He needs to prove himself to his grandma and now to his wife.

Plus Plerng is not as presumptuous as Numfon; it can be his bad point too since it makes him hold himself back when it comes to love. And she's always expressing her friendship grudgingly so Plerng thinks he has to be cautious and not drive off.

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
yea he really should man up. he doesn't try to win her so maybe dats y she's like we're friends we're friends. and it's supposed to end friday right? so he's just gon let her know all in da one ep? lol poor namfon though she's gettin forced into marriage again. but i read in da synopsis she's not ready and goes abroad to study or some shiet then come back and then they get married for real.

and oh my gosh what da hell when did they ever show us da slightest hint dat naree and namfon were good friends? haha dats nice dat they just threw dat in dere out of da blue in today's ep. naree's da most pitiful. i give props to da girl though when it's her time to shine onscreen she does it nicely in here

brushpicks

sarNie Egg
but i'm talkin bout them as a pra'naang. yes, plerng has to prove himself and all dat but he doesn't do much to jeeb her lol they don't go find each other at their own will. u get what i'm saying right?

i heard ep 14 won't air tomorrow cause of soccer. gar i don't like sports
Uhm, you were essentially talking about how they're supposedly insignificant to the plot/story progression so..

Anyway, not being Thai, I don't know what "pra'naang" means (lovers?), nor "jeeb".. I barely knew "n'ek" or "p'ek" LOL.. but perhaps I get your second drift...

If one looks at the story from the perspective of how love is developed between two different persons who (like in real life) are forever beholden to their respective nature and character, to finally find its moment of expression at the very end-- rather than how love is found and then fought for (as by far the usual trope in romantic dramas)--then one gains a better appreciation of how this lakorn is actually more fresh than what it's cliched appearance suggests.

brushpicks

sarNie Egg
^ have to agree in the instance that they should start having Plerng express his love for her but i suppose once they get married that will force him to start because i'm thinking he won't want her to misunderstand that he is singularly marrying her out of responsibilty but also because he loves her. He needs to prove himself to his grandma and now to his wife.

Plus Plerng is not as presumptuous as Numfon; it can be his bad point too since it makes him hold himself back when it comes to love. And she's always expressing her friendship grudgingly so Plerng thinks he has to be cautious and not drive off.

yea he really should man up. he doesn't try to win her so maybe dats y she's like we're friends we're friends. and it's supposed to end friday right? so he's just gon let her know all in da one ep? lol poor namfon though she's gettin forced into marriage again. but i read in da synopsis she's not ready and goes abroad to study or some shiet then come back and then they get married for real.

and oh my gosh what da hell when did they ever show us da slightest hint dat naree and namfon were good friends? haha dats nice dat they just threw dat in dere out of da blue in today's ep. naree's da most pitiful. i give props to da girl though when it's her time to shine onscreen she does it nicely in here
Your misgivings actually prove that though the characters are not "heavy", this lakorn is more of a character-study rather than a plot-driven one. For the most part from the beginning up to now, the characters remain WHO THEY'VE ALWAYS BEEN, no abrupt changes, no abrupt epiphanies, but continues to behave according to the inherent impulses of their respective natures. Just like in real life. Only we get to see more of the shades and texture of their characters as the story progresses.. and the changes brought about by their evolving circumstances, though gradual, are nevertheless real and layered.

Look at Plerng.. so perfect. Yet we now see that he is imperfect after all: he is a coward about love even if he knows how to show it; he cannot express what he really feels for fear of getting his heart broken. That drives his conflict and the resultant problems with him and Numfon. Should he "man up"? You bet! But that's his character's truth.

look at Numfon.. she's a brat but a softie for her sister/family. She's falling for Plerng but can't help but maintain her facade and be who she is.

it's not the villains and their plots, but it's the nature of the characters that drives the conflict. The theme of this lakorn and the rest of its characters is really about a person in conflict with him/herself (not with nature, not with other men)..

btw..as for Nari/Numfon.. I don't understand the dialogue yet but they may not be best of friends but they had a lifelong relationship and, besides, Numfon's the only woman Plerng knows who knows Nari enough to talk to her.. So.. there..

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
sorry i shouldn't have assumed. pra'naang means main couple. jeeb means to court. usually one of dem goes after da other then da relationship starts from there. but in dis lakorn neither of them really follow their heart and seek one another just cause they want to but instead get pushed into situations where they're forced to be with each other and now they "have" to get married.

i really didnt mean to start a debate or nothin w/ u but of course it's fine for u to state ur arguments. i can accept that u appreciate this lakorn. i really just meant to come by and state my opinions and stuff like i did a few yrs ago when i actually watched almost everything lol but hey watchin a lakorn is no fun w/o people to discuss it w/.

as for naree and namfon. namfon told plerng that he was able to give her back what she once lost and that is her very close friend naree and that naree stopped being friends w/ her after she broke up w/ ai p'nat

heuu how in da world was plerng able to get dat pervert's cellphone and give it to naree :blink: dats evidence to be investigated. man thai lakorn used to be so careful w/ details like dat

jennaloveu

sarNie Juvenile
Well i never liked Namfon and i don't think i will either lol i think Plerng is too good for her and no excuse will make her look better for me. Im only watching this because of Mario but so far its good. I just have to deal with namfon's character

rakcharm

sarNie Juvenile
agree with jennaloveu that plerng is too good for numfon! tho numfon is less annoying now, but she is still in some ways like claiming that the marriage is not out of love yaddy, yaddy, yah... she's always aggressive towards plerng even when she knows he's a good guy. why should a guy tell the girl he likes her when all she has done is shown dislike towards him? if anything, the way numfon acts towards plerng gives him the idea that she doesn't like him back. numfon should seriously start being nice to the guy for god's sake! one of the things i hate about thai lakorns is that the pra-nang takes the whole lakorn to realize they love each other! ah, it drives me nuts! it's almost the end, yet there's still no lovey dovey scenes yet :( want to see some romance already.

anyway, there was criticism about mario being lead (not from me though lol) in the beginning, but i knew he was going to be fine. it's good that he proved them wrong.

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
^that's what i meant too; even though WE, the viewers can see that she is attracted to Plerng, her actions mostly oppose that belief when in front of him. I mean i get when brushpicks said the characters stay true to their nature (because not everyone has to go through as dramatic of a change as for example, Kawee in SB, in order to show that they have grown) and i appreciate not having to force myself to believe people can be so miraculously transformed. But i myself am simply asking for a softer scene in which Plerng and Numfon has some...romance lol
But Plerng is the epitome of gentleman and i also doubt he's experienced with ladies so how is he to suddenly start wooing someone as head-strong as Numfon 55. He is very intelligent but not even the best man has to step out of his comfort zone all the time. Holding himself back is his way of dealing with falling in love with Numfon whom he thinks doesn't likehim that way.

But i truly enjoy PT for its laid back drama and its frustrating lead lovers are not cliched at all.

tinah

sarNie Coma
I just hate how they made namfons character annoying throughout the whole lakorn. She always have an attitude problem toward plerng. its already about to end and their feelings are barely developing. I agree with diamond and others that they focus too much on the family drama. But I guess cause its more of a family drama that's why

puca

sarNie Juvenile
namfon's really a brat, but lucky her like in true life love doesn't really care about who's good enough or not, it just happens and it's not something to be judged upon

i'm kinda sad that next episode's supposed to be the last one, and on top of that i have to wait till friday :weep:
this lakorn really got me hooked, i'm a mario/taew shipper now i wouldn't mind seeing them as pranangs again!!!

lakorn watcher

sarNie Adult
Taew and Mario makes a cute couple but yeah I hate how they're not expressing their feelings for one another. I actually want to see Taew with Aum again. I love Aum's character in Pieng Jai Tee Pook Pun. I still remember when P'Suer told N'Mook that he wanted to marry her b/c he loved her and not b/c of responsibility. Why can't they make Plerng be like that and confess his true feelings?

Iya

sarNie Adult
Taew and Mario makes a cute couple but yeah I hate how they're not expressing their feelings for one another. I actually want to see Taew with Aum again. I love Aum's character in Pieng Jai Tee Pook Pun. I still remember when P'Suer told N'Mook that he wanted to marry her b/c he loved her and not b/c of responsibility. Why can't they make Plerng be like that and confess his true feelings?
lol. i second you on this. i like it more when the couple express their feelins. in Pieng Jai Tee Pook Pun, they don't hide anything from each other, esp. when they married. n like you, i want to see Aum with Taew again. they make such a cute couple.