[CH3] Koo Gum - Sunset at Chaophraya (Act Art)

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
@KitKat516 @PrincessKarina Granted I’ve never seen any version of Kookum lol but did see the opening credit for bird/Kwang version and loved it! The opening ost killed it! So good!!!!!!

As much as a strong actor Nadech is...he doesn’t ever seem to be able to generate chemistry with anyone ....unless with Yaya but even I almost don’t buy into their chemistry idk maybe just me lol but it would be cliche to see Nadech redoing KOBORI....other guys need to be considered. I want to see something for a change..... if he’s casted... aiya!!!!!!! N’ek would be questionable cuz I don’t want to see Yaya again cuz then it’ll just look like Rising sun series all over... bleh!!!!!!!! Too much Japanese for them or something

I don’t want Mario either...he’s just like a little kid...a small version of Nadech or something...:confused0:

People will probably disagree with what I have to say next but as much as a “weak” actor people think Mark is...this dude can easily generate chemistry lol and I know Off has a soft spot for him..so hopefully he’s an option Off will consider and send him to acting class to convey KOBORI lol (Mark will make KOBORI very handsome, but it’s the sissy acting that doesn’t convey the strong head KOBORI) lmao!!! Arg!!!!!!!!!! Tough!

I know BIRD will always and forever be the PERFECT KOBORI but it’s time for a change lol cuz I NEED to able to watch kookum in this lifetime with someone I really like. OMG—wasn’t num s KOBORI once?!?? :confused0::eek:

Other wise JJ could try/audition for KOBORI but idk—I don’t find him all that appealing. Tough decision for KOBORI!!:BangHead:

But I’m happy that ActArt is doing this cuz Off is detailed!!!!!! :thumbup::clap::clap:

Well—bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m down for this version!!!!!! Please make good and memorable ost tho!!!!:worship2:willing|:naughty2:

Last edited:

xcinsationalx

sarNie Oldmaid
@KitKat516 @PrincessKarina Granted I’ve never seen any version of Kookum lol but did see the opening credit for bird/Kwang version and loved it! The opening ost killed it! So good!!!!!!

As much as a strong actor Nadech is...he doesn’t ever seem to be able to generate chemistry with anyone ....unless with Yaya but even I almost don’t buy into their chemistry idk maybe just me lol but it would be cliche to see Nadech redoing KOBORI....other guys need to be considered. I want to see something for a change..... if he’s casted... aiya!!!!!!! N’ek would be questionable cuz I don’t want to see Yaya again cuz then it’ll just look like Rising sun series all over... bleh!!!!!!!! Too much Japanese for them or something

I don’t want Mario either...he’s just like a little kid...a small version of Nadech or something...:confused0:

People will probably disagree with what I have to say next but as much as a “weak” actor people think Mark is...this dude can easily generate chemistry lol and I know Off has a soft spot for him..so hopefully he’s an option Off will consider and send him to acting class to convey KOBORI lol (Mark will make KOBORI very handsome, but it’s the sissy acting that doesn’t convey the strong head KOBORI) lmao!!! Arg!!!!!!!!!! Tough!

I know BIRD will always and forever be the PERFECT KOBORI but it’s time for a change lol cuz I NEED to able to watch kookum in this lifetime with someone I really like. OMG—wasn’t num s KOBORI once?!?? :confused0::eek:

Other wise JJ could try/audition for KOBORI but idk—I don’t find him all that appealing. Tough decision for KOBORI!!:BangHead:

But I’m happy that ActArt is doing this cuz Off is detailed!!!!!! :thumbup::clap::clap:

Well—bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m down for this version!!!!!! Please make good and memorable ost tho!!!!:worship2:willing|:naughty2:
It's hard for me to say if Nadech generates chemistry with anyone else because I've only ever finished two of his lakorns and they were both with Yaya lol.

I actually agree with you on the chemistry thing. Mark isn't the best actor but he does have chemistry with most of his female leads (Mint, Yaya, Taew, Mew). Though it depends on the storyline sometimes. His first lakorn with Kim (3 Golden Men) was a major dull fest. And his first lakorn with Yaya was also on the boring side, at least to me. But thanks to Kluen Cheevit we know Mark and Yaya can clearly generate great chemistry. So in their first lakorn, the storyline was partly to blame for bringing them down. That plus the fact that Mint was also in that lakorn and at the time Mark had better chemistry with Mint than with Yaya.

I like Mario, but if the role of Kobori is supposed to be very manly then I don't really see him pulling it off. Same goes for JJ. They're both too baby-faced.

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
I respect your comment. But I actually wasn’t impressed by Nadech portraying Kobori. Maybe because Richey was so new and stiff. She was so bad I couldn’t finish. That movie wasn’t a hit I heard? Lol. o_O
I didn't really watch the movie version cus I wasn't a fan of Nadech then and all the praises from his club saying he was the best Kobori of our time yadee ya ya really turned me off. Well regardless I said I only see Nadech because out of all ch3 praek, he's the only one that looks close enough to half Japanese eventhough he has no Japanese in him. Mario looks it too but I need my Kobori a little more manly. Whats funny is that i have a thai-japanese friend who resembles Boy P but i do t want him to be Kobori either. I was the minority that didn't like Bie as Kobori. How about they don't remake this OR let's wait til Nine is a lot older and improved his still skills.

P

PrincessKarina

I didn't really watch the movie version cus I wasn't a fan of Nadech then and all the praises from his club saying he was the best Kobori of our time yadee ya ya really turned me off. Well regardless I said I only see Nadech because out of all ch3 praek, he's the only one that looks close enough to half Japanese eventhough he has no Japanese in him. Mario looks it too but I need my Kobori a little more manly. Whats funny is that i have a thai-japanese friend who resembles Boy P but i do t want him to be Kobori either. I was the minority that didn't like Bie as Kobori. How about they don't remake this OR let's wait til Nine is a lot older and improved his still skills.
Lol! Right. Uh Bie as Kobori wasn’t it for me either. Neither was Noona as Hideko. Weird! I didn’t like the pairing so I skipped out on the version with these two! How about JMA as Kobori? Pair with Taew or Mew as Hideko? These two looks closer to Thai girls than Yaya or Kim! Lol

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I think they need to leave this one alone. It is a classic and so far no remake has come close. Bird's version was the best for me. That is what annoying to me sometimes they remake a lakorn for the heck of it...just because it hasn't been touched in 10 years or so that's not a good enough reason. And if they don't have strong cast members that's even a stronger case to not remake a classic.

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
I'm not a big fan of Bird as an actor BUT he made Kobori very charming. Actually he made all his characters he ever played very charming, I just didn't like his look. His version of Koo Gum was a classic masterpiece and I feel for the younger generation that didn't get to see it. Kwang was awesome, perfect Hideko. Man I can still see that ending scene. I don't like tragic love story but this one was gold.
Lol! Right. Uh Bie as Kobori wasn’t it for me either. Neither was Noona as Hideko. Weird! I didn’t like the pairing so I skipped out on the version with these two! How about JMA as Kobori? Pair with Taew or Mew as Hideko? These two looks closer to Thai girls than Yaya or Kim! Lol
Yeah Bie and Noon's were annoying. They just butchered the characters. I was ok with Num and Benz version but they made that version a bit dark and serious. Really like part 2 with Dan and Donut though. If they are going to remake this, they have to remake the second one too.

xodxo

I couldn’t even get into bie/noona version.... nor any remakes ever!!!!! Can’t take bie’s face srsly...he looks funny, like a kid..small frame too. Idk—I can’t take small frame p’eks anymore lol nooooooooo

It’s true bird version is already gold, but hehe I think if ActArt is going to remake it then I kind of approve lol :p but he better select gold people.. I’m cheesy but I’m kind of picturing Mark as KOBORI and Mew as Hideko. Mew can def do it! Mark is slightly more Thai/Asian, but if they seriously make him mature, firm, a leader with serious attitude, boy———I know he can! He was almost PERFECT in Raknakara until they butcher the end/final episode!!!! Arg!!!!!!!!!! But him as JAO NOI got me pimping lmaoooo!!!!

But I do hope Off auditions people for the roles and see who’s most convincing as KOBORI and who has most chemistry as pra’nang!!!!!

~~

I’m sick of stereotypical drama.... need some classic and real rawr acting!!!

~~

I can’t wait for Nine lol!! I’ll be an aunt by then n he is not appealing despite his good personality. I refuse to accept him as KOBORI, cuz I don’t find him absolutely charming at all!!!!!!!

~~

@KitKat516 im with you about bird..I wasn’t into him looks or anything but holy moly water!!! His eyes—those eyes when hideko treats him like a foreigner and with no respect, almost threatening him to leave bc he’s Japanese, his eyes convey such sadness and got me puppy crying for him lol that moment/scene alone got me convinced he’s KOBORI of the KOBORI LOL :risas3::angel10:

@xcinsationalx i totally forgot about tawan duerd lmaoooo cuz that lakorn was a fail! Like KF, it’s already a FAIL!! I blame it on Nok’s crazy ludicrous cheap production/picture..yuck...I can’t stand it when he makes the people look sooooooooo orange all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t care for Metta at all. They are one production I will gladly skip! Unless they really change or prove me wrong in the future!! For now/-I’m not watching any of their work/ they always do Mark dirty in the lakorn yuck!!!!!!!

Despite everything else, Mark will always be one of the very fews that can easily generate chemistry with any girl, even supporting actresses have mega chemistry with Mark lol ahaha e.g Prang, Kao, Pear (n’rai in KF) but yea—it’s his sissy acting that’s not on par! lmaooo!! Omg—I’m so serious!! He’s too soft, NEVER STRONG enough to convince his acting!!!!!!!!!!! Arg!:BangHead: But man—I would like to see him as KOBORI though! Lol!!!!!!!!!!:coleman:if Off will send him to more acting class!! Lol

Orangeblossom

sarNie Juvenile
I think James Ma is the most Japanese looking one of all the guy mentioned above. Nadech looked Japanese but he proved he did a terrible job in the movie version. He’s fired! :yawn: My biggest fear if they cast him they’ll cast Yaya as Ang. I’m so tired of this pair. Please no Mark. He cannot act. Something about the guy. Lol

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
I couldn’t even get into bie/noona version.... nor any remakes ever!!!!! Can’t take bie’s face srsly...he looks funny, like a kid..small frame too. Idk—I can’t take small frame p’eks anymore lol nooooooooo

It’s true bird version is already gold, but hehe I think if ActArt is going to remake it then I kind of approve lol :p but he better select gold people.. I’m cheesy but I’m kind of picturing Mark as KOBORI and Mew as Hideko. Mew can def do it! Mark is slightly more Thai/Asian, but if they seriously make him mature, firm, a leader with serious attitude, boy———I know he can! He was almost PERFECT in Raknakara until they butcher the end/final episode!!!! Arg!!!!!!!!!! But him as JAO NOI got me pimping lmaoooo!!!!

But I do hope Off auditions people for the roles and see who’s most convincing as KOBORI and who has most chemistry as pra’nang!!!!!

~~

I’m sick of stereotypical drama.... need some classic and real rawr acting!!!

~~

I can’t wait for Nine lol!! I’ll be an aunt by then n he is not appealing despite his good personality. I refuse to accept him as KOBORI, cuz I don’t find him absolutely charming at all!!!!!!!

~~

@KitKat516 im with you about bird..I wasn’t into him looks or anything but holy moly water!!! His eyes—those eyes when hideko treats him like a foreigner and with no respect, almost threatening him to leave bc he’s Japanese, his eyes convey such sadness and got me puppy crying for him lol that moment/scene alone got me convinced he’s KOBORI of the KOBORI LOL :risas3::angel10:

@xcinsationalx i totally forgot about tawan duerd lmaoooo cuz that lakorn was a fail! Like KF, it’s already a FAIL!! I blame it on Nok’s crazy ludicrous cheap production/picture..yuck...I can’t stand it when he makes the people look sooooooooo orange all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t care for Metta at all. They are one production I will gladly skip! Unless they really change or prove me wrong in the future!! For now/-I’m not watching any of their work/ they always do Mark dirty in the lakorn yuck!!!!!!!

Despite everything else, Mark will always be one of the very fews that can easily generate chemistry with any girl, even supporting actresses have mega chemistry with Mark lol ahaha e.g Prang, Kao, Pear (n’rai in KF) but yea—it’s his sissy acting that’s not on par! lmaooo!! Omg—I’m so serious!! He’s too soft, NEVER STRONG enough to convince his acting!!!!!!!!!!! Arg!:BangHead: But man—I would like to see him as KOBORI though! Lol!!!!!!!!!!:coleman:if Off will send him to more acting class!! Lol
How did they butcher the ending of RN? I wanted to watch it but i couldn't watch Mew play rai lol
.i cringed when she screamed. NO more rai for Mew!!!

I think Masu looks Jap too but they're all sooo young. I don't think I will ever get to see a comparable Kobori and Hideko in my lifetime. Bird and Kwang are it.

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
I think James Ma is the most Japanese looking one of all the guy mentioned above. Nadech looked Japanese but he proved he did a terrible job in the movie version. He’s fired! :yawn: My biggest fear if they cast him they’ll cast Yaya as Ang. I’m so tired of this pair. Please no Mark. He cannot act. Something about the guy. Lol
Oh Lord I'm afraid that's EXACTLY what they're going to do. Classic couple kind of thing and this couple is a big deal.

xodxo

Lmao!!!! I don’t blame u cuz even as a Mark fan, I wanna fire his acting skills too. Too sissy/weak...KF just confirmed it lmao!!!!! But I’m not one to give up on him that easily lmaooooooo

It’s just—I want to see Mark play a foreign Japanese general with hots lol and I just kind of dig KOBORI at the moment lmaooo!!!!!

Jma—??? No I can’t watch him in motion....he’s more stiff, almost robotic tbh. Mark’s “weak” but he’s not robotic, jma is like robot acting dude! Arggg!!! KOBORI—who can play you??lmbo

xodxo

How did they butcher the ending of RN? I wanted to watch it but i couldn't watch Mew play rai lol
.i cringed when she screamed. NO more rai for Mew!!!
Mew wasn’t rai at all, she’s like an angel in there. I honestly didn’t see screeching/screaming ML in her, but saw a new character in Mew as ML. I was too busy on Mark/Mew chemistry, I died a little for them lmaooo. To me they butcher the ending by not being justice to JN, MM died for nothing, this MM was too sulky/unreasonable to JN. I just couldn’t wrap my head around it that she could be so blind to not see how much JN loves her. It’s just beyond stupid. So they died never truly ever understanding each other’s love. Just annoying!

I think Masu looks Jap too but they're all sooo young. I don't think I will ever get to see a comparable Kobori and Hideko in my lifetime. Bird and Kwang are it.
He can play a Japanese soldier, but never KOBORI lol no way!!!! Girl! Lol

~~

Yea, I want to see another really good KOBORI that can make me cry my empty eyeballs out!! Lmbo!

——I’m settling for Mark!! Lmbo! Til Off confirms anything!!—- hahaha

But I also secretly wanted to see Mark reprise the role of Willy in Janjira (remake)...oh my god!!!!!! These producers do not know how to milk their cows! Lol :p

xcinsationalx

sarNie Oldmaid
Mew wasn’t rai at all, she’s like an angel in there. I honestly didn’t see screeching/screaming ML in her, but saw a new character in Mew as ML. I was too busy on Mark/Mew chemistry, I died a little for them lmaooo. To me they butcher the ending by not being justice to JN, MM died for nothing, this MM was too sulky/unreasonable to JN. I just couldn’t wrap my head around it that she could be so blind to not see how much JN loves her. It’s just beyond stupid. So they died never truly ever understanding each other’s love. Just annoying!
Wait, that's how it ended? Omg, thank goodness I didn't spend time trying to watch it. I would've been so annoyed with that ending.

xodxo

Wait, that's how it ended? Omg, thank goodness I didn't spend time trying to watch it. I would've been so annoyed with that ending.
Oh yea I was furious watching the whole thing live!! Ep 12 (finale) pisses me off the most, plus I dislike this MM’s brain/logics.

But overall it’s still a very well produced lakorn, just that they butchered MM into a nuthead. Picture is beautiful. To me, I enjoyed Mew the most, and Mew looks better with Mark. They have very good chemistry. Taew and Mark was okay too but I got bored with them two. Lol

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart

He can play a Japanese soldier, but never KOBORI lol no way!!!! Girl! Lol

~~

Yea, I want to see another really good KOBORI that can make me cry my empty eyeballs out!! Lmbo!

——I’m settling for Mark!! Lmbo! Til Off confirms anything!!—- hahaha

But I also secretly wanted to see Mark reprise the role of Willy in Janjira (remake)...oh my god!!!!!! These producers do not know how to milk their cows! Lol :p
Wait Mew was not rai? I saw the special behind the scenes before the lakorn aired and they made it seem like she was Rai. Also I thought in the version with Aum and Noon, Noon was manipulative and rai. Man maybe I'll go watch it but then again maybe not cus I wanted mark to pair up with mew lol.

I'm just throwing our who looks Japanese lol not thinking of their acting.

xodxo

Wait Mew was not rai? I saw the special behind the scenes before the lakorn aired and they made it seem like she was Rai. Also I thought in the version with Aum and Noon, Noon was manipulative and rai. Man maybe I'll go watch it but then again maybe not cus I wanted mark to pair up with mew lol.
Mingla is supposed to be a rai/selfish/greedy character but the way Mew played ML, she made her a very gentle and likable character. She wasn’t “rai” or unreasonable, but more like she has goals and ambitions/a fighter in Burma. Lol I actually really liked how she played ML, but you’re gonna have to watch it yourself to see if you see the same thing I’m seeing lol I don’t know if any other Mew fans even watch this? Lol but it was one of her better roles along with SSP and Pawornruj.

Oh/- trust me, Mark and Mew didn’t have that many scenes, but their every limited scenes got me blushing lmbo!!!:angel10::risas3: Especially the added scene where he carries her at the end when he goes in to rescue her from Mueng Marn lol so cute!! Haha >.<

I'm just throwing our who looks Japanese lol not thinking of their acting.
I think the military outfit can make most guys turned Japanese looking hahahahahahahhah not necessary a Japanese look alike lol :risas3:

buroguhonyaku

sarNie Hatchling
People say that Bird and Bie don't look Japanese; but Bie looks a lot like Katori Shingo, and I actually thought Bird was Japanese when I watched the Koo Gum movie. His Japanese was legit (and there are Japanese that look like him, I've seen when watching J-variety and J-dramas).

Japanese people have a wide variety of looks so I don't think looks matter too much when casting the pra-ek. If you do however, want a more typical Japanese look I think Mark comes the closest. Funnily enough, when a netizen on girls channel (japanese discussion board thingy) starts up a thread on non-japanese ikemen, Mark's name and photo usually comes up.

I think their Japanese speaking ability is more important. If you can't speak well, the conversation doesn't flow. I only saw the trailer of Nadech's Koo Gum and his japanese was very obviously accented. Bird's japanese was amazing and I was impressed.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
That's what made Bird stands out the most...His Japanese was smooth and sweet. James Ma can play a Chinese, Korean or Japanese role. Now speaking the language to make it very convincing is another story.

The n'ek is also something the channel has to work on. I would like for them to stick to someone more Thai looking instead of just casting someone that is mixed. Regardless, if she is the best actress out there, her being Thai is important. I still believe they need to leave this alone for another 10 years.

xodxo

Actually we’re forgetting Mint C. She acts so well in Kchai Ronapee as a villager and “chao barn”... she’s very beautiful and can pretty much play Asian or Western. Mint has a versatile look tbh. I’m like digging Mint or Mew atm for Hideko.

I think maybe because I have not fully invested in seeing any remakes so I’m more excited and hopeful that this goes into production soon bc I would definitely like to see a more up to date version of Kookum. And I really approve ActArt! They’re more historically classic and true to the story.

But p’ek is a major hunting game?????? While I really wish for Mark, I do concern his sissy acting lol he doesn’t really seem to be able to convey that stern, cold or leadership character naturally. He’s very fragile and soft, so if he fails to convey KOBORI as a military general, thai fans will probably bury him lmaoooo except for his hardcore fan clubs lol (however it’s almost more important on the pra’nang chemistry too, so that’s another factor that could change KOBORI as a Japanese general.)

Whoever they pick really needs additional acting and specific training with military official roles. You can’t just take act like your normal p’ek role. It would fail!